• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TMNT: Smash Up. A fighter by Brawl developers

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Mmmh...my enthusiasm for this game is fluctuating. I was very much so looking forward to this title on the basis that it was a TMNT SSB game, but then I went back to play TMNT Mutant Melee...

...and my excitement plummeted. I'm conflicted.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
It looks like it's a good game so far. I'd have to see some actual matches before I get too crazy about it. It seems slow to me though compared to Smash. I really hope string attacks/combos are possible.

I sure hope Chrome Dome will be a confirmed antagonist.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
April will most likely have a gadgeteer fighting style. Besides, she learned a few martial art skills from Splinter in one of the series. We need at least one female anyway.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's not anymore surprising than Princess Peach being a fighter.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Meh. I got interested when I read about this but after looking at the gameplay videos it appears to be very casual....

Not surprising since its made by "Brawl vets"

Well see how it turns out

Tony_

Smash Ace
April will most likely have a gadgeteer fighting style. Besides, she learned a few martial art skills from Splinter in one of the series. We need at least one female anyway.
They described April as being a speed character, as well as Shredder being slow but very powerful. Donnie was the best for them because of range, but Donnie was the worst Turtle in TF so I am not expecting him to do well (if this game catches on).

Meh. I got interested when I read about this but after looking at the gameplay videos it appears to be very casual....

Not surprising since its made by "Brawl vets"

Well see how it turns out
There will be combos. You can dizzy someone from a combo.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
LMAO, April a fighter?!? That alone surprised me.
1. April's got some moves.
2. Even if she didn't, she's one of the most well-known characters in the TMNT universe next to the turtles themselves. They would have shoe-horned her in there.

I would have been shocked if they decided not to include her.

And I really don't think they could have made that trailer any cheesier. I know the TMNT cartoons and movies have always been really light-hearted, which is fine, but ****. That "I fight for what's right" crap really turned me off. I don't care if it turns out to be a non-competitive game, I just don't want it to be kitschy.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Heh heh. Beautiful.

I am hoping that TMNT Smash Up does become competitive. That'd be fun. I'd naturally be maining Donny, so.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hahhaha, nice trailer!

Looks like they use the art style that was in that 3D TMNT movie, with the same design for April.

Looks fun! I'd get it.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
http://wii.ign.com/articles/988/988459p1.html

That's it; I'm making a Smash Up competitive community.
The game has ALOT more than what I expected. It could rival Brawl, and with more interaction and great wifi, it could just be the competitive Wii game we have been looking for. There seems to be a good number of online fighters coming out, such as BlazBlue for the 360. Then there is Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PSO.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yeah... I've already started making a forum and I already know how to make it famous.

Whether it goes up or not depends on whether or not Smashboards realizes the potential of this game to bring in more members. If they do, I'll gladly advertise the new subsection for them.

This is definitely epic, and has all the competitive things as well as the things to play around with that a game needs. Hopefully I'll be better at this than Brawl, lol.

Rikana

Smash Champion
This game definitely has potential.. but don't over hype it because it's the makers of Brawl. I personally don't like Brawl, so I'm just hoping this game would be good. And also, Smash built up a reputation over time while TMNT is going with a new style of gameplay. It's a risk taker here but with more chance in their favor since the team behind it is talented. Another point - Smash awesome is because its a crossover game of many titles. It offers many different characters, even if they weren't fighting characters, to be in the same game and compete. TMNT was always an action game and its only based on TMNT which I think is its downfall. But that can't be helped.

But regardless, I hope it's successful. If it's ever as deep as Melee, I'm gonna have a new favourite game.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I could care less about the Brawl devs. I am a TMNT fan at heart, and I love wild and wacky fighting games. It is a game made for my kind.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I could care less about the Brawl devs. I am a TMNT fan at heart, and I love wild and wacky fighting games. It is a game made for my kind.
^This times ten. Who would you main, Heartz?

I'm going for my very favorite, Donatello.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I don't know. It would probably be April. I can see her as underused, and I love to rep underused characters in games. Who knows? She may be the Metaknight of the game. lol

Rikana

Smash Champion
My mistake if someone else has already posted this.. but just to inform those who hasn't seen it - gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZXqZ1et8CA

I got mixed feelings about this game after seeing that.

Edit: If they'd ever make a Dragonball Z Smash game.. I'd drool over that..

Tony_

Smash Ace
Yeah... I've already started making a forum and I already know how to make it famous.

Whether it goes up or not depends on whether or not Smashboards realizes the potential of this game to bring in more members. If they do, I'll gladly advertise the new subsection for them.

This is definitely epic, and has all the competitive things as well as the things to play around with that a game needs. Hopefully I'll be better at this than Brawl, lol.
First off, you are a god for the link.

Second, could you PM me the link to your forum when its done?

Third, Fugitoid will be my main is Usagi isn't in. I generally go for the WTF characters lol.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I wonder if Hamato Yoshi will be playable. He was broken in the VS Mode on the first TMNT for the PS2. He and Shredder's human form. (forgot his real name)

|RK|

Smash Marketer
1. Which link?

2. I'm hoping Smashboards comes through before I finish. Not like it's gonna be hard or take long to finish, but, yeah. Done.

3. You main ROB here? Fugitoid makes me think he'll fight like Tails in Sonic Battle.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Shredder was always human in the original Mirage comics. I don't know why he was made into an Utrom in the new cartoon. :/

I don't think Hamato will be playable. Same with Oroku Saki.

Tony_

Smash Ace
I don't know. It would probably be April. I can see her as underused, and I love to rep underused characters in games. Who knows? She may be the Metaknight of the game. lol
1. Which link?

2. I'm hoping Smashboards comes through before I finish. Not like it's gonna be hard or take long to finish, but, yeah. Done.

3. You main ROB here? Fugitoid makes me think he'll fight like Tails in Sonic Battle.
Link to the IGN article.

2. KK.

3. No. I go for Yoshi. ROB takes the fun out of Brawl for me and doesn't fit my style. I tried him and liked him at first, but then I didn't like his style that much.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Shredder was always human in the original Mirage comics. I don't know why he was made into an Utrom in the new cartoon. :/

I don't think Hamato will be playable. Same with Oroku Saki.
I meant without his armor. And yes that was pretty gay of them to do the whole alien bit. That was something an anime would pull.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Lol, my forum is copying the layout of smashboards. It is a good layout, though.

Top Bottom