• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

We played it safe this year actually. It's tradition to destroy one of our mailboxes using the fireworks (either by dangerously blowing it to bits or setting it on fire using the legal fireworks), but this year we didn't do that.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
This page is my birthday, 9-15. woo. Happy New Year.

EDIT: >_< well, last page was, lol.

Are any of you into politics? I know you're probably thinking "those crooked politicians..." but I'm curious.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Politics? I think Wind Waker might be my favorite Zelda game.

I still have the fifth most posts in this thread woo

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
So hyped for apex
My pool is stacked ****
Oh well GGs it's still apex
Whoever is going were gettin in
Toon link FFAs

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Skyward Sword was great, but I have some minor gripes with it.
The combat was easily the best in any Zelda game, but I feel like that was their main focus and selling point. The game has tons of hours of playtime, especially if you include the side quests, but I feel like there are so many "fetch quests" that are just ... blatantly fetch quests. Like when you're in the forest and the Kikwi guy's like "go find the other Kikwi dudes" I was like "here we go..." and then there were a bunch of them. When I had to
find all the music notes in the flooded forest, I raged. (It didn't take that long, but still)
I also thought the music was less memorable than other games, despite being orchestrated. I'm currently playing Hero Mode, so maybe it'll be more memorable on the second playthrough, we'll see. Also, the freaking overworld was crap. Flying through the clouds is amazingly boring. The actual land doesn't even feel worth exploring.
That said, the game has good character development, amazing combat, a good story, good... like, animations and stuff. Overall it was a majorly fun experience, just not my favorite Zelda game. Of course, I've loved every console Zelda game, so even if it's not my favorite of them, it's still one of the best games I've played.

It's funny cause I enjoyed a lot of the parts you didn't enjoy.
Swimming through a large, flooded forest? Delightful.
Flying through the sky? Liberating.

The lands were really well designed in my opinion, since they open up like a spider web (you go line by line building upon it until eventually, you have a full web made and you can take any path you want to travel through it. The structure of the worlds take influence from a lot of different games like Wind Waker and Metroid, which I thought was really interesting. The game also has some of my favorite tracks in any video game period. I mean, this song is absolutely phenomenal in my opinion, along with other good songs like the Skyloft theme and Zelda's Theme.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAvfl-lL7jc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL unrelated but amazing

Yeah those songs are good... it's too bad that many of those songs are something you just hear once. On the other hand, you hear Skyloft all the freaking time ಠ_ಠ

My problem with flying is that the overworld is so incredibly uninteresting. (I also hated the flying controls until I learned you just flick the wiimote upwards to gain height rather than shaking it like a madman)
Like, they could have put some cool stuff there, but there are a few key islands, and then a bunch of worthless rocks that maybe have a Goddess Chest on them. :| It feels more empty than any Zelda 'overworld' field. Like, sailing in Wind Waker took too long, but at least it had a bunch of cool places to explore.

Most memorable skyward sword music for me is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5NkMr_NkE&feature=related
Unfortunately, it's the "**** your pants" music.

archer.

Smash Lord
Good luck guys! Wish I could go and cheer you on or participate myself but life + money issues forced me to back out.

TL taking Apex.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
May the winds of fortune be at your back!

I'm currently (re)playing through Wind Waker over skype with that sasukebowser guy. He's finally gotten the game, so it'll be his first real playthrough :bee:
I love WW.

MJG

Smash Hero
Jash went 2-1 against mikehaze and 0-2 against Denti
Denti went 2-0 against jash and 0-2 against mikehaze
Mikehaze went 2-0 against Denti and 1-2 against jash.

If Jash would have 2-0d Mikehaze, there would be a 3 way tie for first and those 3 players would have to play again, but since this was not the case, Jash took 3rd seed.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
I got messed up in pools
After that I got kinda depressed/emo
I'm sorry I didn't get to meet all of you toons
Meeting Izumi was cool
He's otaku to the core lol

:phone:

Top Bottom