• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tir na Smash 3 at UCD's Vaticon.(Dublin,Ireland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So what's the deal with the rest of the Irish players?

Are you guys attending Vaticon next weekend?

They are having the annual smash tournament featuring both Brawl and Melee.

26th March-28th March Tickets into the venue are 7-10 euro for the weekend.Then I guess the smash tournament entry fee will be decided depending on the numbers.

We'll say between 2

I haven't heard anything from Dave so I suppose if no one wants to organise the tournament I will.

Anyone entering please post here......I don't wanna have to face loads of people who never play smash.:ohwell:

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
This weekend? Aw dude, couldn't have told me any later! Well, actually, ya could've, coulda told me the day before... but still, pretty late with the announcement!

I'll be able to play Saturday. It doesn't look as if many people will go. If we hadda started this thread like, in January we coulda got loadsa people.

I'll go for sure. But if it's just gonna be me, you and Gorysnake then I may as well hand my money over staright away lol/

I can get a few people to come this year, same as last year, except without that French exchange student who used a GREEN Mr. Game and Watch(I know, green, what the HELL was he thinking?) and forfeited. The guys I can bring this year are fans of the series.

You know anyone else that can go?

Pikaville

Yeah I only found out It was happening like a week ago.

I made the thread as soon as I found out.(March 3rd)

Yeah I'm gonna try and bring a few people too.

I havent played smash in like 2 months.

Hopefully Ill be able to shake off the rust with a few games this week.

I looks forward to seeing you and Nathan there man!

We gotta get a good few games in before this year guys.I don't think I even played you last year Matt!

smkdude

Smash Rookie
I'll be attending the brawl tournament on Saturday at least, but is there going to be a melee tournament as well? I didn't see it posted on the vaticon website.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
We gotta get a good few games in before this year guys.I don't think I even played you last year Matt!
I don't think we did either. It would've be an easy win for you though lol.

And don't worry, you're not alone, I haven't played Smash in about... 5 months. It's been so long! I have, on the other hand, rockin' to the Melee soundtrack lately.

And as for theartistformerlyknownaswavedash, I got your mail and yeah I've made a new account. My name on Youtube is now LynkxMan (can't be too hard to remember).

I wasn't talking to any of the SMash guys today in my school, but I'll deffo be on their back tomorrow.

Pikaville

Just to let you know the Brawl tournament starts at 2pm on Saturday.

The Vaticon Organiser said if we want we can do melee too.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

Unfortunately work is keeping me busy, and I can't attend Vaticon this weekend. I e-mailed the Vaticon organisers a while ago to let them know but they still have it up on their games page for some reason.

I'd love to go to friendlies if anyone's running any at any point, but I'm afraid no tournament for me this weekend.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Yeah guys I don't think I can make it... well, I can but not many people are going. I don't have Nathan's number and my friends can't go Saturday and Sunday.

A tourney without the originals... a sad tourney it shall be :(

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
I actually met Nathan in Blanchardstown a few weeks back Matt, he's doing his leaving cert this year so he didn't think he'd be able to make it.

Pikaville

So this is how smash scene in Ireland dies.........not that it was big or anything.

Well I'm gonna go anyways.The guy running Vaticon said they are bringing wii's and brawl.I'm gonna bring my wii,melee,some controllers and a TV.Might as well go an PWN some noobs.

This might be the easiest win yet if none of you guys are coming.

Kone

Smash Master
Why dont you guys just go to UK tournaments? they happen regularly as in monthly have 50+ people and you guys can fly to any of them for cheap with ryanair from dublin :/. There is always housing available.

Im running the largest european melee tournmanet this summer in birmingham. 200 people. Cheap flights from dublin to birmingham.

The venue has a sports hall, dinning room, kitchen, beds, lounges etc etc. Food is being put on and its a three day event. YOU GUYS CAN COME FOR CHEAP. Check the stickied thread entitled SNY1.

Doods, bring ireland to the uk and get yourselves known. Im looking at you pikaville.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Aw hex, would have come to this if I'd heard about it. We should get in a tournament over the Summer, pitch it to all of our smash-playing friends, get up notices in game shops and stuff.
I'll help set it up if you guys are game.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
So this is how smash scene in Ireland dies.........not that it was big or anything.

This might be the easiest win yet if none of you guys are coming.
I imagine it was a pretty easy win indeed. I don't think you can really declare the death of a scene, just because I couldn't host a tournament that only happens once a year in the first place.

We all need to meet up a lot more regularly to have a "scene", and something much more drastic than this would be needed to "kill" it.

Why dont you guys just go to UK tournaments?
Because the people who invite us also ask to get us kicked out of simple things like European Country Info Threads for no visible reason other than to be an arsehole. Ed.

Aw hex, would have come to this if I'd heard about it. We should get in a tournament over the Summer, pitch it to all of our smash-playing friends, get up notices in game shops and stuff.
I'll help set it up if you guys are game.
Sounds like a great idea Jamie, I still have everyone's e-mail addresses if you need them.

I'd love to participate in something run by somebody else, because I don't have a lot of free time these days to be an organiser :(

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
The Gamestop one was Nintendo sponsored to promote the launch of Brawl, so it's unlikely they'll do a country-wide event like that again.

On the other hand, a lot of individual managers are happy to have tournaments and stuff if it can boost sales. So there might be merit there after all.

Kone

Smash Master
dave: i wasnt actually instigating you guys needed to be booted out, more like, having a giggle at it lol. But really, 200 people in the summer are coming to sny why aren't you? may help the irish community man get yourselves over.

UK and Ireland need to meet at smash :)

smakis

Smash Ace
bumping the thread and all, seems to be the only irish thread i can find. I have recently moved to ireland from sweden (oh how i miss you, swedish smashscene), and was wondering if there is any activity at all in the irish scene? some website with irish smashers or monthlies etc.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, welcome to Ireland.

Sorry our scene isn't sweet like Sweden. I've been the only person previously to organise tournaments, but I've gotten a bit busier with my job, so I don't really have time anymore to run things; and nobody else seems to want to host in my place :(

Nobody's posted about the aftermath of the Vaticon tournament, so I'm not even sure if anything happened there.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
why dont you guys make a social thread or somthing instead of this old torney thread i'm sure it would keep things more up to date and easier to see whats going on in ireland

L!aM

Smash Rookie
Sorry for bumping an old thread but is anyone interested in hosting some smash this summer (after the world cup obv :p) This is Liam from Cork.

Staco

Smash Champion
Which is the airport/train station closes to the location?
Is it easy to get from it to the location?

albel nox

Smash Rookie
Hi

I'm wondering is there any interest in doing the vaticon thing again this year. vaticon is now called retcon and we'd like to have a some sort of smash bros tournament. vaticon is from march 25th to the 27th. regardless i hope to run a tournament myself if there is no interest here in doing it.

I haven't played brawl in ages but i usually live in dublin whats the deal with ppl now. there was a good few ppl who came at vaticon i would lke to see ppl come again.

any information would be great thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom