• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips, Tricks, and General Advice for Using ZSS (Updated 03-24-2009)

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
sorry if this is a nooby question but wouldnt PT be a good team mate for zss? bullet seed with zss up b to pull em back in then ivy to just up smash? dsmash > rock smash? 50%ish combo. Yes? no?
I'm not sure if the one with Ivy would work. If you don't already know, team battles are fought with friendly fire on, so if you go in to drag them down with Up-B, you may end up getting caught in the stream yourself. And even if you space it right so you're just outside of BS, I'm sure the opponent will pull some crazy DI and stuff to get out.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if the one with Ivy would work. If you don't already know, team battles are fought with friendly fire on, so if you go in to drag them down with Up-B, you may end up getting caught in the stream yourself. And even if you space it right so you're just outside of BS, I'm sure the opponent will pull some crazy DI and stuff to get out.
Nah the suck down of up B hits slightly in front of you, but it also pulls them slightly towards you , and they can still DI.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
kool kool ^^

leffen

Smash Champion
A fun **** is that if u stun ( d smash , stun gun ) a pit who does that wingdash before he lands( up b , most pits use it often atm ) and then u back air him, he wont be able to recover as hes in "air"when stunned, won me some games yesterday :)

noradseven

Smash Lord
Good thing to do with ZSS RAR at the oppenent, and fastfall and do back air with the C-stick. <--most of my game.

Also you connect any move shorthop at immediate f-air, and keep holding forward. Not always true, but it works more than you expect.

Never do over B running forward unless you are sure the opponent doesn't expect it, or you are baiting for the 1,2 punch/ projectile countering.

Some combos, shorthop fastfall neutral air, shorthop instant f-air. (can swap out for u-air but its more difficult to hit and doesn't do as much damage).

Finisher D-smash, first 2 jabs, double jump, u-air/back air/ 1-2 punch, depending upon stage and position.

Blatant disrespect: Using your down B to do a invulnerable head tap off of people during their up B. Bowsers/DK love it :D.

Top Bottom