• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on my Doc? Thank you. :3

Gea

Smash Master
Gotta mix it up more... you approach with nair WAY WAY too much. You pill too close and often have issues with the stages. Gotta watch out for gimp kills. As Doc, don't waste your double jump near the edge.

Waveland. Use bair *tons* more. It is a great tool to apply pressure. :D I liked how you got up from the ledge with Nair, but that peach could have just backed up and dsmashed/grabbed you every time. Mix it up, try edgedashing. Keep moving. Wavedash more to do so. If you get close and she is just shielding or the like, apply pressure with bair.

The peach was definitely controlling all of the matches. Realize that you don't need to nessisarily rush in (bleh its horrible against peach) but rather you can will learn to move around and then see a good window to start stuff up. When you do get a grab, consider something besides Bthrow, and you should have followed that up with bairs.

Don't CC the downsmash, but I bet you know that. Try to force things like rolls. If you don't let them control the match you can definitely start getting moves like the dsmash in (even though it is risky in this matchup). When you do go in with bairs or fairs, don't space it so she can still grab you. You can hit her shield and be outside of her grab range. gotta learn the spacing well for this match.

Keep up the practice.

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
hahaha I like peach's charged fsmash wind combo in the beginning. Watch for the roll and intercept! Your doc was cool to watch. Listen to Gea.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
When hanging from the ledge, your get-up game wasn't too solid. A Peach shouldn't be hitting that many fsmashes, charged or not.

Also, you should try to keep a little more control over yourself. The SDs on Stadium and Fairing the bomb blocks on Green Greens probably taught you that though.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Well. It's only friendlies, so I didn't care too much about it. I will put it in mind, tho'.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
vs peach Dreamland

you nair approach too much which is predicatble and easily sheildgrabbed or dsmashed. Set up combo's more. Your playing peach so bthrow isn't going to be your killer move. You should instead be doing dthrow into uptilt or uair and start a combo that way. uair and bair should have been used a lot more esp against peach. Peach will be float cancelling a lot and uair is great for cathing them off guard. You've got a cape, use it. It's a lot better than just sheilding or catching them as it doesn't leave your opponent much time to think. Even when your recovering and peach decides to lob turnips why didn't you cape them? A few minor things- Peach was charging an upsmash and you just did a bair- make the most of opportunities like that. Don't try and edguard a peach until AFTER the upB. Shorthop pill more unless the peach is floating above. shpillsput a ton of pressure on your opponent.
I think you just generally need to slow down a bit and like Gea said, look for the opportunity to attack.

Gea

Smash Master
I like how the teach wall jump in the 2nd vid killed you. Listen to gea.
You can actually up + B out of the techjump mid-jump and save yourself (but you are vulnerable high in the air) or you can use your nado (if you hadn't) and barely make it back.

Top Bottom