• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on how to use Lucas

PHiL Gee

Smash Cadet
Hey all Lucas users!
I was wondering if you guys had some tips for a new Lucas User like me. I seem to me having difficulty with using PK Thunder as a recovery and I lack alot of techs for him.
If you can please help me out :)

Kazz@

Smash Apprentice
Uuuuh, on PK Thunder recovering, it's wayyyy easier than ness's. Try and hit yourself above the ground so you won't die.

PK thunder angle + 180 degrees (or pi radians) = PKT2 Momentum.

Try and hit it near his feet.

And with the ATs, go to the 100 Lucas Tricks thread.

Hope I helped!

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
welcome to smashboards Phil Gee
For PKT2, just practice on your timing. it should be very easy once you hav ur timing down. a few things you should learn are
-Zap Jump
-Magnet Pull
-Wavebouncing/ Recoil specials
-Approaching with Dair and Nair
-Spacing

this thread is a guide by Tyr and it has pretty much everything you need to know http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194623

and here's a visual guide. its not done, but the next video will be out shortly since school finished for me :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229353

hope this helps

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Always always always use your tether recovery whenever possible (i.e. close enough to be in its range + facing the ledge). PK thunder has a possibility of ledge bouncing if you don't angle properly, stage spiking yourself, not sweet spotting the ledge and is 100% gimpable by spikes, reflectors and PSI magnet.

heytallman

CTALL
PK Thunder is oftentimes your best means of edgeguarding. If they are high, loop it around right below them, to catch their air dodge. If they are low, try to hit right above them and loop it around them.

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
pk thunder is good for stage spiking also; if you hit them with the correct part of it.
and pk freeze is also good for edgeguarding. it can be used to force them to air dodge and then followed up with an arial, or an edgehog or something.

Top Bottom