• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for SH-Double Laser????

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
I typically use X to shorthop, but I can't double laser with it, so I usually end up using Y instead, but it's super inconsistent, I can pretty regularly shine, shinecancel shorthop into a double laser but I don't know if that's too complicated or may be an unsafe option, anyone know what I should do?

eternisedDragon

Smash Cadet
Just learn sliding from y to b and hit b twice. Remember you have to time the second b input right either that or you aren´t sliding fast enough or you are sliding to fast (that´s rare).

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Y is the button of choice for things like SHDL and double shines (not that I'm good at either). I'd probably either train to use y for those situations or just use y as your jump button altogether.

Alotsa

Smash Cadet
I slide from X over A and hit B twice. The problem with this though is you cant hit A while sliding it took some practice to do it softly enough but i find the timing is prefect for double lasers.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
sliding from Y to B is I think, the better option. I also use X for jumping but for SHDL and Multishine I always use Y

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
i dont recommend sliding
practice standing double lasers for awhile
get the timing down for pressing b twice, if you over press, that will tire you out
since you wont be camping for an hour, dont expect to have to double laser for so long, but being able to do it is still fine

Navn

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't do it at all until i started using the controlstick for jumping. This frees up the right hand completely, and you only have to worry about the timing, which isn't very hard.

Doing backwards turnaround double lasers this way is pretty much impossible though. I mainly stick to SHFF single lasers because of the increased control.

Top Bottom