• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Marths final smash?

nicksaninja

Smash Rookie
I consider myself a pretty good Marth player. the only thing I'm struggling with is Marths final smash. I can't seem to get it down. Sonce Marth stops moving when he reaches the edge of a platform I normally jump and use it just before I hit the platform. What are the flaws with my technique? What do you do?

soresu

Smash Rookie
Wait for your opponent to make a mistake and then use it. Catch him in a double jump or attack lag or whatever. Usually when I get the final smash I just fight normally for awhile and wait for an opening. You don't have to use it right away.

Mind1stort1on

Smash Rookie
small tip.
sometimes you can mess with the opponent by spamming up taunt. they cant really retaliate because theyll want to watch for your real FS. Might or might not work, but its still fun :p

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
i have an idea what if you use your up taunt when marth puts his sword in the air. most likely your opponent is under pressure trying to avoid when you press B. when you hit up taunt they will probably jump wait for them to come down and boom send them flying

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Play defensively for a bit, don't try to use it the second you get it. That includes running to set up then using it; it becomes predictable. Watch your opponent and wait for an opening.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I agree to all the things said above, once I get it I just attack them for awhile, and once I see my opening I use it.

I see your username is nicksaninja, my name is Nick, and I am a ninja. Coincidence? ...... I think so. But I have a broken ankle and it is seriously hampering my ninja abilities.

nicksaninja

Smash Rookie
I agree to all the things said above, once I get it I just attack them for awhile, and once I see my opening I use it.

I see your username is nicksaninja, my name is Nick, and I am a ninja. Coincidence? ...... I think so. But I have a broken ankle and it is seriously hampering my ninja abilities.
Well my name is Nick and I'm a self proclaimed ninja...so yay?

Top Bottom