• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Fighting Samus

led zep

Smash Rookie
My friend recently picked up Samus and he is alright with her. I can beat his other characters, but I can't seem to beat Samus. How should I fight a Samus with Falco? BTW, he spams missiles.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Samus' floatyness, combined with her annoyingly effective upB out of shield, makes her very hard to get damage on in they know what their doing. Avoid hitting her shield with aerials, because that'll often get you screwed, quite litteraly. If she gets overly trigger happy with that upB, empty SH to waveland can trick her into using it, which leaves her very open if she misses.

As for missile spamming...well...that's already been covered. Samus may have many projectiles, but your lasers are better then all of them combined. If she spams, spam right back. You'll win every spam war. I beleive your lasers destroy missiles on contact, though I'm not sure. If that works, even better for you. Lasers > missiles.

invertigo is correct in saying you need to be patient. Against a Samus, landing a shine dosn't mean an instant 50-80% on your opponent like it does on most other characters (except of course other floaties, like Peach and the Balloons). Shine -> uair is the most you should expect to get on a Samus, especially if they know how to DI properly. Play is safe with your lasers, and make her come to you.

led zep

Smash Rookie
Thank you guys for your help... I'll keep those tips in mind. And by the way... What stages should I pick?

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
My main is a samus, and I can say the most annoying thing is laser spam. As a samus, you can't shoot a single missle if you're getting spammed, the only thing you can do is shield wave dash shield wavedash shield wavedash and try to get close to the falco, but when you get close, the falco can just start comboing you and then get away to start spamming you again. Just do that and you'll make him want to change his character

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
the laser doesnt kill missles on contact. play spammy, spamming missles and shffl'd aerials, and don't reflect missles, it'll only get you punished.

Reik

Smash Ace
I get most of my KOs in this match by wearing down Samus's shield with laser spam and spaced attacks and then shieldstabbing her with SHL to D-tilt.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
and don't reflect missles, it'll only get you punished.
Keep in mind that when he says this, he means don't use the shine to reflect them, because yes, Samus will do horrible things to you if you do.

However, if you can powershield missiles, by all means do it. There is nothing that pisses a Samus off more then an opponent who can powershield missiles well.

Also I'd like to add in that Samus is floaty: your dtilt can kill her at surprisingly low damages.

As for stages, MY GUESS is that Falco is the only character who wants to meet Samus on FD, since your projectile prevents her from using her's (and someone said lasers don't break missiles. Their right, I just tried, I apologize). Samus isn't as quick as you, and FD gives her nowhere to hide from lasers.

Again, thats a guess.

_clinton

Smash Master
any stage with a bunch of platforms that cut away samus's arsenal, but to be more acc. Try Fox and Falco's stages both have plenty of safe areas if you suck at dealing with missile fire. BTW you know how to approch with Falco's gun right? Short hop gun baby. If your Fox you can approch with a shield.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Your best levels would be Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, and DK64, imho. Don't try to pillar all over Samus' shield, she'll just up-b you. Instead, don't be afraid to stand back and hop blaster, but watch out for the missiles she can shoot out between lasers. Don't shine them if Samus is approaching, because she'll just jump and aerial you while you're in shine lag. Tilts are a great tool, and so are aerials to eat through missiles. When edge-guarding Samus, stay near the edge to dair or dsmash her recovery, but as soon as she grabs the edge, move back and prepare a ftilt, or she'll edge-hop a fair and dsmash or up-b you. Grab Samus when she's camping in shield, and just be very fast overall throughout the match-up.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Phanna is a traitor. That is all.

Edit- Everyone wants to meet Samus on FD, Samus is terrible on FD, because you can just jump on her to death.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
is there any way to avoid the up+b out of shiel when u try to l-cancel an aerial to shine on her?...this thread is good cuz i also have a lot of trouble playing samus...both with my falco and my sheik....peace

-hiroshi uber-worst fl smasher

the only way to avoid it is to not attack her shield in the first place

videokilledtheradiostar

Smash Journeyman
i say no way to Yoshi's story, FD is the way to go. Spam lasers across the whole stage and thers no way they can get to you invulnerably.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
is there any way to avoid the up+b out of shiel when u try to l-cancel an aerial to shine on her?...this thread is good cuz i also have a lot of trouble playing samus...both with my falco and my sheik....peace
Don't aerial Samus' shield, except for maybe spaced nairs. In general, stand back and laser, and if Samus is camping waiting for the up-b, just dash-grab the *****. Samus hates being grabbed.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Don't aerial Samus' shield, except for maybe spaced nairs. In general, stand back and laser, and if Samus is camping waiting for the up-b, just dash-grab the *****. Samus hates being grabbed.
i tell my bro i hate it when samus camps but the only way to play a camper is to spam lasers wich he calls mobile camping ..it kinda makes me a hipocrit.....bottom line camping samuses make 4 a boring and long match

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
i tell my bro i hate it when samus camps but the only way to play a camper is to spam lasers wich he calls mobile camping ..it kinda makes me a hipocrit.....bottom line camping samuses make 4 a boring and long match
Whatever. Get him frustrated with lasers. Then go on the attack when he comes for you.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Don't get hit.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Spam lasers and n-air like crazy and use the shine if he gets too close. I'm seein a lot of comments about not using the shine to reflect, but if you're a good distance away and he's trying some double missile or missile + charge shot crap, I say go for it . Just don't do it too often. Unless, of course, you can powershield consistently, which I don't know anyone that can.

Top Bottom