• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips against Zelda?

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there's this guy who plays as Zelda and I can't grab him. Help. Every time I roll, he goes into an F Smash or a U smash, which have awesome range. Then right after, into a downsmash to punish my failed grab, then spamming his Dinn's fire.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm a sheik mainer but I also play zelda often and the worst thing you could do to her with the icys is get up in her face.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
To grab him; dash, cancel it with a shield, and then grab. It will block her fsmash or usmash. Also, when she spams din's fire roll towards her and use Ice block, or as a second option you can use the Z roll desync.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
What are the best desynchs? Dash dancing doesn't always work. And I can never get the z roll desynch to work properly, any tips on that?

ICYDp

Smash Rookie
First of all i find that rolling twards most any character is a bad idea. The pivot dash dysnc is very reliable and easy just hit one direction barly then smash the other fast it pretty much always works for me. As for Z roll you pretty much just hit them at the same time is all about practicing timing.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Zelda iz a freakin beast. I h8 fiting the char in general, let alone with the IC's.

Projectile wise .. Desynched Blocks > Dinns Fire.
U have more speed, and more importanly, followup options.

So why is Dinns fire a problem then?
Very difficult 2 airdodge with the ICs.. If the Zelda holds the fire behind u, Nana dodges, but u get hit.
.. If the Zelda lets go early, u dodge it, but Nana gets hit. Jus gotta time it perfectly, not much else u can do. Jus make sure if stuck in the air u get 2 the ground ASAP.

Zeldas priorety is pretty beastly, jus dont even try 2 beat it. Approach safely, IB's and Blizzards.
Plz, dont roll too much, her Dsmash WILL punish u. U gotta stay unpredictable.

Zelda Usmash > IC Dair..
Zelda Utilt > Ic Nair..

Make every grab count. Seriously.. If u cant chaingrab well, IB Lock ownz Zelda. Once shes off the stage, jus keep Blocking, she may mess up the UpB.

Thats all I got really.. Jus mix it up, make every grab count and DI!. I believe its possible 2 Smash DI out of Usmash and Mayb Fsmash. I 4got.. Good Luck.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fighting zelda in brawl reminds me of fighting peach in melee

the priority of her usmash is so brutal on the ic's...

uphill matchup no matter how you look at it.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I took your advice and I 3 stocked the guy. Twice. Thank you Smash Boards.

I scored a lot of downthrow>F-air kills, because those looks awesome.

Top Bottom