• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tips against lucario

strike42

Smash Journeyman
i had a little trouble against a lucario and i wanted some tips on what i can do the beat him.

i won most of the matches, but still.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
i'm havingsome truble dealing with his aura balls, and his laggy attacks with those weird hit boxes. also do u have any tips on how to stop him from comming back to the stage.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
i'm havingsome truble dealing with his aura balls, and his laggy attacks with those weird hit boxes. also do u have any tips on how to stop him from comming back to the stage.
His Up+B takes a while to actually move. Practice using the fair. It's so easy to spike Lucario once he is off the edge.

Either do that or you can just edge huge. Most people try to Up+B towards the edge. Lucario's Up+B doesn't do any damage so you are safe to hang there as long as you want. If the Lucario curves up, just jump and do a bair.

The only thing I do against the aura balls is powershielding. There's not much you can do against them. If the Lucario keeps spamming, make him separate by throwing your grenades. Shield dropping them takes too much time to do. So just do the plain toss.

As you might already know, don't try to do uair. Lucario's dair extends so you will not even have the length to hit him.

Treat his smash attacks like they were one of Ike's attacks. Well, lengthwise, not strength. They generally have the same range as Lucario's percent increases. They have the same timing too.

The only problem I really have is trying to block Lucarios AAA attack. I would try to grab him whenever you are relatively close to him. His smash attacks take a while to do. You can get a grab out before the smash hits. If he tries to do AA, Over+B combo to you. Just jump into an airdodge as soon as the second A attack is done.

Don't approach him by the air. The Lucario will probably just get you locked into a fair extravaganza.

If the Lucario likes to get you trapped in the chaingrab.(The over+b thing) Keep a grenade out as much as possible.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the advice Cecilanius. i got one more question for ya , how can i get my friend to shut up about snake being "broken"

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Say you will use CQC if he doesn't shut up. :chuckle:

Uhh, just tell him that he isn't broken. It's just his laziness and stubbornness that is making him lose. Tell him to learn to counter Snake instead of complaining. Tell him it makes him sound like an idiot whenever he complains. Complaining and whining is just a lazy man's way out of something he must work for.

To make him feel bad, tell him, "Well, maybe I'm just good with Snake. Are you saying I'm bad? I practice all this time and you're saying it's just the character that's good?!" That always gets them. He will definitely shut up after that one. Hooray guilt!

strike42

Smash Journeyman
eh i tried some of the stuff that u said, tho he still says that he's broken and that his uptilt
is "briken". so i tried to get him to read the playing to win book by shrlin , but he then responded i don't have time to practice. its just a game. god he's realy starting to piss me off. also did u notice that the only people that complain about snake are the ones that lose to him. if they didn't complain so much then mabye they coulld take that time to figure out a way how to beat him.

sorry about the mini rant.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
eh i tried some of the stuff that u said, tho he still says that he's broken and that his uptilt
is "briken". so i tried to get him to read the playing to win book by shrlin , but he then responded i don't have time to practice. its just a game. god he's realy starting to piss me off. also did u notice that the only people that complain about snake are the ones that lose to him. if they didn't complain so much then mabye they coulld take that time to figure out a way how to beat him.

sorry about the mini rant.
Haha I understand. Doesn't have time to practice?! Excuses, excuses. *sigh* That's really annoying. Yeah, I agree with you.

Tell him this for me... "Put up or shut up, b****" :laugh:

strike42

Smash Journeyman
thanks, i'll tell him for ya. he uses marth so the match should be close but it never is. the funny thing is that its his fault that i started playing snake , he wanted to use him so i used as a joke to him but then i found out tha i liked his play style and been using him since.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
my best brawl buddy uses lucario and wolf. pasically bombard with gernades and uupsmashes. kill with uptilit out of shield.

oh and shield a lot during this battle. and dont get caught in f-air combos or his side b. if he complains about snake being cheap or hes too lazy to pract cuz this is just a game ur playing the wrost person dude

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Ya just tell him to quit complaining about Snake. If he refuses then purpose that he start using Snake.

As for Lucario the best thing you can do is not remain in the air. Lucario owns the air and he is one of the few characters who can combo well. Snake being heavy will get ripped to pieces against Lucario in the air.

Lucario can also chaingrab Snake to 90% watch out for that and try to pull a grenade out to attempt to counter it.

A camping Lucario can give Snake problems. 'Nades are probably the best thing you can do against that.

Lucario's disjointed hitboxes can also be a problem. His f-smash is laggy in its start-up though but it stays out for a while. Best thing to do is to introduce Lucario to Snake disjointed u-tilt after a powershield.

Lucario has a good recovery that many people underestimate as a bad recovery. If the Lucario player isn't very good than you can just edgehog him as normal since his recovery does no damage after knocking him off the stage. If he is good though than it won't be as simple. Lucario can wall cling on certain stages (like FD) so he can mess with you by clinging to it and then jumping back to the stage. You can b-air him if he does do this though. He will also try to curve the recovery to land on the stage so you can b-air him there as well.

Good luck with the match-up and also with convincing him that Snake is not broken.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
thansk for the advice on lucario, i'll keep that stu im mind when i'm playing one again. also thanks for the tps on how to deal with my "friend", he did try using snake against my snake and i murdered him. he'll do that if i beat him with someone he'll use that guy too.(copy me)

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
I dont see much trouble with lucario, hes not short and fast, so ftilts would be good. When he was his beam thing charged, constantly use gernades.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I dont see much trouble with lucario, hes not short and fast, so ftilts would be good. When he was his beam thing charged, constantly use gernades.
This unfortunately would not work on a good Lucario. A good Lucario can actually give Snake a run for his money. Personally I see Snake vs. Lucario as an even match. Luc can combo Snake into oblivion and benefits up to a certain point from the 'nade spam. It will just make it easier for Lucario to camp you with AS since the spheres will be bigger, have more priority and more damaging.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
o.k just got me *** handed to me by a another lucario. i hate those spheres of his. just to let u know there matches are online

Top Bottom