• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tipped Off 2 - Results

Ares726

Smash Ace
Okay, I've uploaded videos most of the day and the tape is about halfway finished. I'll be going out of town for the next week, so nothing will be uploaded then. I'll make a thread for all the videos once I get back though. You can check my YouTube profile for the matches and leave comments there.

So far I've uploaded:
Laijin vs Rice (both sets)
Laijin vs Chaddd
Laijin vs TRC
Laijin vs Evil E.
Laijin vs Prac
Gerbil vs Desu
Gerbil vs Rice
TRC vs Chaddd (will go up soon)

Matches I have but haven't uploaded:
Carter vs Tong
Cornel vs Rice
Cornel vs Chaddd
Cornel vs Prac
Cornel vs TRC

Matches I really hope to find but doubt they're on the tape:
Chaddd vs Prac (double volcano kick ftw!)

Let me know if any of those matches I have but haven't uploaded need to be uploaded. Thanks for the patience guys.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Um, if you have me vs Laijin, then you definitely have me vs prac. It was played on the same tv, and all at once, I didn't get up.

If it helps, It's a Ganon ditto, and I'm probably Purple Ganon with no tag.

I would also like to request that you could possibly not upload any matches between me and Cornel. I actually had no idea it was being recorded, so if I won or not is not important to me, but the level of messing around I have achieved in friendlies has reached a new height...

Meaning I have many haters, and putting vids like that online will probably only add fuel to the fire. Anyway, I trust you Ares, so do what you feel is appropriate. Thanks BTW for dealing with all these matches.

Also, if you find the Ganon ditto, do me a favor and not include the first game of the set. It does actually make me look like an ***, both having that on tape and saying this, but that was (truthfully) one of those games that I didn't care about until I realized I was about to lose. I'm not trying to sound like a ****, but it's the truth.
Like in my fight with Laijin where I kept trying to down air him when he kept up airing me. Haha. Anyway, I'm just trying to prevent any needless hating on me, because I know that even after everything I did at LTEC, there are still those few...oh well.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Also, if you find the Ganon ditto, do me a favor and not include the first game of the set. It does actually make me look like an ***, both having that on tape and saying this, but that was (truthfully) one of those games that I didn't care about until I realized I was about to lose. I'm not trying to sound like a ****, but it's the truth.
Like in my fight with Laijin where I kept trying to down air him when he kept up airing me. Haha. Anyway, I'm just trying to prevent any needless hating on me, because I know that even after everything I did at LTEC, there are still those few...oh well.
Wow, if all that is true, and if it's not too much to ask, I'd appreciate it if you could not sandbag against me anymore. I thought I was doing pretty good. And it feels kind of disrespectful. Or if you must sandbag, try not to let everybody know that you were just to spare me any congratulations on my progress.

I've asked Ares to upload the vid and just put different names on it or something. I do think it's kind of gay that you'll upload a vid of you when you're winning pretty soundly and not when it appears to be a close match. If you do feel it needs to be known that you were "just screwing around" then feel free to post it on the vid.

I admire you're Ganon, for it is a beast. But I feel low-blowed by you having to say "Hey, I almost lost those matches because I didn't care." If you care so much about your reputation, then maybe you should play your best all the time.

Cornell did the same thing to me in brackets. Never used his main on me. Maybe he didn't like the matchup, but that made me feel like he didn't think I'd be able to do anything. I won by the way.

Bottom line, I don't like to be sandbagged and I can't think of a reason why anybody would. I mean experimenting with new tactics, making mistakes, and being greedy in friendlies is understandable, but consciously deciding to dumb down your game and then using that as an excuse later is pretty lame.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Keith, I think you're taking all this a bit too seriously. I was on 4 hours of sleep, and whenever i show up to a local tournament, just about every single person there wants to play my "good ganon" or whatever. You can't honestly expect me to try as hard as I possibly can with every match I play for 12 hours straight. Based on how tired I was, as well as the fact that almost everyone constantly wants games from me, I get really bored with just about everything that's not direct tournament.

You saw what happened second match, I stopped sleeping on you because I rarely ever consider any other Ganondorf a threat. But if a bunch of people see me playing a close game online with someone when I was just messing around, how many of those people do you think will understand that I was just messing around before they insult my ability? I just don't like dealing with negative criticism, no matter how it's from.

And you know, I can't even get Mike G to play me his hardest anymore. Sometimes you just can't take everyone as seriously as is always f*cking demanded of certain smashers just because we're considered some kind of "top player" or whatever garbage is being talked around. It's just the way it goes. But if you'd like a serious Ganon ditto, then just ask me not to hold back, and I'll try my best. Don't get pissed off when I sandbag because I am so used to doing it in certain matchups that aren't at all tournament. Losing for a while develops new strategy.

PS. Cornel was probably high. Sorry.

EDIT: I also had no idea that the tv was recording. If I had any idea it was on tape, I wouldn't have screwed around so much. I'm sorry if you feel that it was disrespectful, because I meant no disrespect. I usually assume I'm just playing to see what happens that particular game. I was actually telling people later how much I wished the two volcano kicks had been on tape. Once again, I'm sorry about that, and I won't sandbag against you anymore if you wish.

DOUBLE EDIT: You can't tell me I should play my best all the time if I care about my reputation. I play so much, there's no way I'm going to absolutely beast it unless my tournament placing is riding on it. Friendlies are, and forever will be, friendlies. I usually assume nothing from just friendlies in the first place. But not everyone watching youtube seems to think that way. I could really do without random people telling me I suck because they saw one friendly of me on youtube a long time ago.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
... thanks for uploading those, Ares! The matches with Chaddd are probably my favorite matches ever = I know it's like wtf but I love seeing myself get destroyed I guess :D

On that note thanks to Chaddd for dishing out **** on my characters. I'll try again at Smash Aid. Don't hold back! I wanna get destroyed as badly as possible... they make good stories to tell back home where I'm the best lol

Everyone is awesome. Not as awesome as that Animal Crossing Brawl stage tho!

Ares if you find any matches from John (probably under the tag BOXR) let me know if they're any good. Doubt there is any on that tv tho (pretty please XD)

Prac352

Smash Lord
Keith, I think you're taking all this a bit too seriously. I was on 4 hours of sleep, and whenever i show up to a local tournament, just about every single person there wants to play my "good ganon" or whatever. You can't honestly expect me to try as hard as I possibly can with every match I play for 12 hours straight. Based on how tired I was, as well as the fact that almost everyone constantly wants games from me, I get really bored with just about everything that's not direct tournament.

You saw what happened second match, I stopped sleeping on you because I rarely ever consider any other Ganondorf a threat. But if a bunch of people see me playing a close game online with someone when I was just messing around, how many of those people do you think will understand that I was just messing around before they insult my ability? I just don't like dealing with negative criticism, no matter how it's from.

And you know, I can't even get Mike G to play me his hardest anymore. Sometimes you just can't take everyone as seriously as is always f*cking demanded of certain smashers just because we're considered some kind of "top player" or whatever garbage is being talked around. It's just the way it goes. But if you'd like a serious Ganon ditto, then just ask me not to hold back, and I'll try my best. Don't get pissed off when I sandbag because I am so used to doing it in certain matchups that aren't at all tournament. Losing for a while develops new strategy.

PS. Cornel was probably high. Sorry.
Maybe I am taking this a little too seriously. I'd just rather you tell me beforehand that you don't feel like playing a serious match. It's kind of a waste of time to play people who are better than you when they sandbag. Because the only thing you can really learn from that is that you need more practice. I was hoping I could learn something from you.

And are you saying Cornel lost to me because he was high or that he didn't play his mains because he was high?

EDIT DUE TO EDITS: It might have been unreasonable for me to assume you would play your best. I just knew that I always do when I play somebody for the first time. Maybe next time I'll put money on it so I can at least make myself believe it's real.

chaddd

Smash Lord
All I can say about it is it's a very small change in mindset that isn't exactly something I ever feel like bringing up. When I want to screw around in Smash, I just sorta do it. When I notice I'm about to lose, I stop messing up. You shouldn't think about this game in terms of matches. I think about it in terms of stock for stock. You would have learned just as much whether I was sandbagging or not if I happen to have won the match. The entire experience should have taught you something. To say I'm 'cheating' you out of some holy experience is a bit of an overstatement. Also, that wasn't the first time I played you...and think about it like this: If you were me, honestly, how seriously would you take another Ganon in Georgia at first?

I don't want to be a ****, but quit crying. I don't have to play as hard as possible, and think as hard as I possibly can for every match at a tournament just because some people feel I have some sort of duty to uphold. I'm good at a video game, I win money occasionally, I'm not Smash Brothers Melee Pro, I'm not a Smash Brothers teacher. I play a game to have fun, and if it ever becomes a situation like this, I just forget what was said and play some more games.

EDIT: I'm not saying you lost to Cornel because he was high, it was a joke about Cornel that I guess you don't get. Cornel lost because he loses to every Peach he plays in a tournament. Ever.

Prac352

Smash Lord
All I can say about it is it's a very small change in mindset that isn't exactly something I ever feel like bringing up. When I want to screw around in Smash, I just sorta do it. When I notice I'm about to lose, I stop messing up. You shouldn't think about this game in terms of matches. I think about it in terms of stock for stock. You would have learned just as much whether I was sandbagging or not if I happen to have won the match. The entire experience should have taught you something. To say I'm 'cheating' you out of some holy experience is a bit of an overstatement. Also, that wasn't the first time I played you...and think about it like this: If you were me, honestly, how seriously would you take another Ganon in Georgia at first?

I don't want to be a ****, but quit crying. I don't have to play as hard as possible, and think as hard as I possibly can for every match at a tournament just because some people feel I have some sort of duty to uphold. I'm good at a video game, I win money occasionally, I'm not Smash Brothers Melee Pro, I'm not a Smash Brothers teacher. I play a game to have fun, and if it ever becomes a situation like this, I just forget what was said and play some more games.

EDIT: I'm not saying you lost to Cornel because he was high, it was a joke about Cornel that I guess you don't get. Cornel lost because he loses to every Peach he plays in a tournament. Ever.
Wow, chaddd. you're getting less cool by the post. I was just asking that you not sandbag against me. Please quit being a ****.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*jumps in between the two*

OK dudes. I read all your posts. So uh...

Keith: Everyone here understands how you feel. You want to play better people when they are trying, so you can learn. Even if he sandbags you though... a loss is a loss. It simply means he might kick your *** even harder if he actually tried. What you can do is still learn, even from a sandbagging. I understand your frustration, and trust me, that's why I seem like an idiot to you and everyone else when I MM Wes or Rice. It's because I'm also one of those people that don't feel like being sandbagged against, so if you put a little money on the line, and force them in a close match, you're going to get them to play harder. Granted though, not everyone is like this. I don't sandbag friendlies, Alpha doesn't, Mike doesn't, Jared doesn't. And I'm sure a lot of others from outside our crew (namely GPC and others that we know) don't sandbag either. Chaddd is trying to be real with you man, and he did specifically say he's trying not to be a **** about it. Perhaps you are taking it entirely just a little too seriously. In the end, it is just a game. Even if we want to get better at it to win some money, it still comes down to being a game.

Chaddd: Where the hell is our Monopoly Match?! If I put the pressure on, kindly stop sandbagging me too ^.^ Anyways. I guess I somewhat understand your side a little bit better than others do. I did the whole Halo competitive scene 2 years ago, and I too was one of the top 2 players in GA. It gets dull being asked to play all the time, or offer advice to someone else. And it especially sucks when someone beats you who you wouldn't lose to normally, or if someone pulls an extremely close match on you, even if you wern't trying. You know what I did? .... I fvcking stomped them as fast as possible, this way they had their match, they realized what they did wrong, and it was all over quickly and I could go about my merry way. My suggestion? Sandbagging usually takes longer lol. So perhaps if you just tried to finish every "dull" friendly quickly by trying your hardest, you could move on to bigger and better things for you. Plus, the community would definately appreciate it more. Just making a suggestion, as I have no personal beef with you, seeing as we've always been cool ^.^

So yeah, let's just drop it for now guys. Keith, why not ask for a MM? Make it 3/5? Obviously your choice, but then you at least get the experience you wanted. :) That or just ask the next tourny director to hook you up against Chaddd in pools/brackets :D

chaddd

Smash Lord
Wow, chaddd. you're getting less cool by the post. I was just asking that you not sandbag against me. Please quit being a ****.
I, being of sound mind would like make an announcement. I am not good at this game in order to impress the smash community. I'm not on the boards to look cool in front of everyone. I'm not a god d@mn roll model for this game. Get off my d!ck and quit f*cking crying. You want a serious match? Ask me. You want me to play you harder? ASK ME. I don't feel that I should take every single friendly I ever play as seriously as possible just because a lot of you feel you have to to prove something.

In truth, I'll only ever not sandbag against Wes and Mike G in friendlies. Everyone else will have to ask me, because I really don't find the game so d@mn serious. Until you can beat me, despite what I'm doing in the match, then don't complain. If I sandbag and don't lose anyway, then the only thing that changed is how many stocks you have. And saying something like "I GOT CHADDD DOWN TO 1 STOCK AND HIGH DAMAGE" is the biggest n00b **** I've ever heard. People say that about Mike G a lot, about Wes a lot, and you know what? I got Ken's Sheik down to one hit from death...but he won. A loss is a loss. Stop thinking about this game in terms of 1, 2, 3, and 4 stocks. You're level of play is not dictated by how many little faces are at the bottom of the screen, it's dictated by who you can beat, and under what settings you can beat them when you need to to.

Stop pretending like I'm supposed to be nice when someone basically says that I have all these responsibilities because I'm good at a video game. The only thing that changes are those meaningless d@mn power rankings. I'm still the same person that got 7th at Initiation. Stop hounding me. Next time just ask for some serious friendlies, maybe I will, maybe I won't. I have no obligations to you or anyone else in the Smash community.

And since I know how these things go, before anyone else jumps in:

What I said here was in no way confrontational. I've said what I need to say. Don't try to 'calm me down' or whatever. I'm not taking it as seriously as some of you reading it probably do. Let it go. Everyone. Please.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I, being of sound mind would like make an announcement. I am not good at this game in order to impress the smash community. I'm not on the boards to look cool in front of everyone. I'm not a god d@mn roll model for this game. Get off my d!ck and quit f*cking crying. You want a serious match? Ask me. You want me to play you harder? ASK ME. I don't feel that I should take every single friendly I ever play as seriously as possible just because a lot of you feel you have to to prove something.

In truth, I'll only ever not sandbag against Wes and Mike G in friendlies. Everyone else will have to ask me, because I really don't find the game so d@mn serious. Until you can beat me, despite what I'm doing in the match, then don't complain. If I sandbag and don't lose anyway, then the only thing that changed is how many stocks you have. And saying something like "I GOT CHADDD DOWN TO 1 STOCK AND HIGH DAMAGE" is the biggest n00b **** I've ever heard. People say that about Mike G a lot, about Wes a lot, and you know what? I got Ken's Sheik down to one hit from death...but he won. A loss is a loss. Stop thinking about this game in terms of 1, 2, 3, and 4 stocks. You're level of play is not dictated by how many little faces are at the bottom of the screen, it's dictated by who you can beat, and under what settings you can beat them when you need to to.

Stop pretending like I'm supposed to be nice when someone basically says that I have all these responsibilities because I'm good at a video game. The only thing that changes are those meaningless d@mn power rankings. I'm still the same person that got 7th at Initiation. Stop hounding me. Next time just ask for some serious friendlies, maybe I will, maybe I won't. I have no obligations to you or anyone else in the Smash community.

And since I know how these things go, before anyone else jumps in:

What I said here was in no way confrontational. I've said what I need to say. Don't try to 'calm me down' or whatever. I'm not taking it as seriously as some of you reading it probably do. Let it go. Everyone. Please.
OG Post: *delete*

Edit: Doesn't really matter. Chaddd, I respect you as a friend and a great smasher. I think if you sandbag me, you're going to lose. ^_^
Friendly, MM, tournament match, whatever it is. I always assume you're playing your best, or close to it, against me, and I try to offer you nothing but the same from myself.
-That is all-

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Chaddd doesn't sandbag me because he knows I'd pack that **** back in him fast >.<

/stops pretending to be a hardass and runs

chaddd

Smash Lord
Do you sandbag against me too Chaddd?
In bits and pieces. Tell me you didn't take that 10x up air combo seriously, right? In the tape, you could see me repetitively trying to stomp you...I know that it doesn't outrange Y. Link's u-air. Sometimes I just like to mess around, guys. You shouldn't take it so seriously.

datman6699

Smash Journeyman
this is actually a Joint-Question:

PartA: Do you sandbag me?

PartB: Do you sandbag daniel? (he wants to know)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Peace and love everyone : (

but any further discussion should probably go to PM's... or maybe it has and I'm slow.

I still love both of ya ^_^
<3 Georgia

I had this dream where Wes beat the **** out of me with like N64 Captain Falcon but IN Melee... it was so fd up.

edit : wow my post was late I thought I was a page back LOL

About the sandbagging...
Being good enough to **** around is a sign of skill, no? I'm sure you didn't take me too seriously in our matches, which is perfectly alright to me cause I was playin' like garbage in a wheel barrel (wtf)

I kinda sandbag sometimes, I guess, cause I get bored of the game. Sometimes I keep trying to use Falco's fair when I know it sucks... Or sometimes I try to just spam dairs only and see what happens. Or sometimes I use >B as an attack... I know I fool around a lot, I don't think of it as sandbaggin' tho. It's okay to me... I can see WHY some call it disrespectful, but from the best player's standpoint, I can also see what is going on.

I deal with this kinda stuff at home, when people go like OHHH I GOT RC TO ONE LIFE when really the only person who has the potential to beat me are few in number (EverlastingYay, JohnBOXR, as examples) but people like to take all their matches seriously... It's hard to tell if they are serious sometimes. But yeah, hey, I like to keep the game fun, so I do what I want to in matches... So I can understand where both of you are coming from, I think.

... Yeah. I didn't mean to rant so much, sorry. Like I said you're both cool. Everyone's cool... see you at Smash Aid ^_^

Gerbil

Smash Champion
As I said, it is not neccessary for him to include me on this list, seeing as how he realizes if he ever did sandbag me, I'd pack his Ganon's **** back in so fast >.<

*looks at Chaddd*

*runs with fear*

:p

chaddd

Smash Lord
As I said, it is not neccessary for him to include me on this list, seeing as how he realizes if he ever did sandbag me, I'd pack his Ganon's **** back in so fast >.<

*looks at Chaddd*

*runs with fear*

:p
lol.

Ten characters john.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Everyone is awesome. Not as awesome as that Animal Crossing Brawl stage tho!

Ares if you find any matches from John (probably under the tag BOXR) let me know if they're any good. Doubt there is any on that tv tho (pretty please XD)
Thats his name!!
i coodnt quite put my finger on it..
Me and him make an awesome team...

he even taught me to moonwalk!
Cool dude!

About the "sandbagging"

Sorry i have no witty sarcasm for it sorry,

buty i like watching myslef get sandbagging too theres juss sumthing about it that makes me better.. or at least i think it does

Ares726

Smash Ace
Well. This one time I sandbagged your mom.
That's not called "sand"bagging Laijin. Come on now.

I went to the beach today. There was lots of sand there. No bags though. Except bags of towels and stuff. There were sandcastles though.

Spam is so cool.

Prac352

Smash Lord
That's not called "sand"bagging Laijin. Come on now.

I went to the beach today. There was lots of sand there. No bags though. Except bags of towels and stuff. There were sandcastles though.

Spam is so cool.
But . . . where's the beef?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Are there any matches of me, Ares? Ummm... I don't wear a tag or have a specific color I use. Using tags with Sheik is playing stupid.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
This was the first sausagefest I have been too. 'Twas amazing.
LMAO, was it I who ruined all the ones in New England for you? ;)

WTF were you doing here? This definitely tops my crazy travel to random tournament experience...

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
LOL, I was visiting family. It was destiny for me to come to this since it just so happened to be when i was heading down and was in GA. DESTINY!!!

Edit: You and milktea ruined all the smashfests for me, Emmy. >:O lol

Laijin

Smash Hero
Oh hay. Its Emmy :o
Cool. Shes like..one of the like..5(probably less) female smashers I can name in the entire nation.

lawlz.

I don't remember seeing you at TO2 Spawn. Who were you again?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I was the kid who kept asking you questions... lol. Not really though. We kinda met.. but not really. I was the one cheering you on and right behind you in Evil E vs you. I also asked how much money you got. I was wearing a Universal Studios hat... most of the day. I hope that's descriptive enough. I wish we coulda played. :(

Laijin

Smash Hero
I was the kid who kept asking you questions... lol. Not really though. We kinda met.. but not really. I was the one cheering you on and right behind you in Evil E vs you. I also asked how much money you got. I was wearing a Universal Studios hat... most of the day. I hope that's descriptive enough. I wish we coulda played. :(
lol. I definantly don't remember you.
xD You have any pictures or something?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Umm... I was in the group photo that happened at the very end before you left. I'll have that person...TRC... email me and then I'll post a picture of me.

I was also wearing a Killer Rabbit shirt that was black (Monty Python).

Laijin

Smash Hero
Umm... I was in the group photo that happened at the very end before you left. I'll have that person...TRC... email me and then I'll post a picture of me.

I was also wearing a Killer Rabbit shirt that was black (Monty Python).

I left like right after teams xD
Alright, just post it when you get it.

Top Bottom