• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
im at woooork!

"Oh, I'm not in hammer range. I was hoping to hear from Gova which would confirm SK as scum to me if Gova didn't hammer, and Gova wouldn't have to claim his role."

^if gova doesn't hammer-strike then by elimination it can only be you. it's risky but alas it's lylo =( you know what's odd actually?? "hearing from gova would confirm SK as scum..." there's something too futuristic here almost like you're already aware gova is unlikely to just strike. just an observation? how dangerous do you think it is for you to place your vote back on us?

i also wanna point out a few thingss:

sex dance flipped scum. he is not in the deadpool. what should this be suggesting? - it should be suggesting a potential return to the game. what is the point in playing mafia when the mafia are not in the game? wii can't be aligned with him.

grey could have hammered then but didn't.
ran is poisoned + wii believe this.

it can only be nabe or gova. If gova knows he isn't scum, then he should know it's likelier to be nabe.

yes proper responses once work gets less busy!

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
oops i was typing fast at work

"hearing from gova would confirm SK as scum..." there's something too futuristic here almost like you're already aware gova is unlikely to just strike. just an observation? how dangerous do you think it is for you to place your vote back on us?

^referring to the whole phrase :cuckle:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
"Oh, I'm not in hammer range. I was hoping to hear from Gova which would confirm SK as scum to me if Gova didn't hammer, and Gova wouldn't have to claim his role."

^if gova doesn't hammer-strike then by elimination it can only be you. it's risky but alas it's lylo =( you know what's odd actually?? "hearing from gova would confirm SK as scum..." there's something too futuristic here almost like you're already aware gova is unlikely to just strike. just an observation? how dangerous do you think it is for you to place your vote back on us?
I did say "if Gova didn't hammer" so I'm not sure what this response is driving at. The Zen/Gova spot is a town lean for me i.e. they're town out of the two of you, so I'm not very worried.

sex dance flipped scum. he is not in the deadpool. what should this be suggesting? - it should be suggesting a potential return to the game. what is the point in playing mafia when the mafia are not in the game? wii can't be aligned with him.
No. You think that mafia has a reviving player when there's some kind of scum poisoner who voteblocks/kills and hastens Lylo? Town can't afford a new scum body in lategame (regardless of mafia/indy) when there's already one kicking around with that ability, as well as Nich's flip (doomed townie) which suggests that he dies Night X if left alive, and an SK who's out to get the doctor to top it off.

PTSD probably had some sort of possession mechanic re: the flavour explanation that X1 gave D2, which caused July to flip scum. That would account for KK's insistence that she was obvtown in their mason QT before she died, as well as her flip being the same as PTSD's.

@Ran, no one has asked Gova to claim, and the majority of town has voiced that they would see his claim after mine, if at all. And I've refused to claim because I have a bead on SK, meaning Gova isn't on the ropes to claim.

#HBC | Nabe

Important points from my 3651 (the collapsed post):
Go look at the end of D1 where you deftly avoided responding to me when, after you asked me for it, I pointed out the multiple occasions that I'd referred to my latest response to our back-and-forth, and linked you to all the posts that made up my scum read on you.
You're saying here that because you hadn't claimed yet at the time of my vote, I had no other reason to think you were scummy. (If not, correct me.) But I have expressed reasoning, so you're wrong in that, and that reasoning hasn't been contested yet. That reasoning lies in the post I mention above, my reads post for which you requested a slew of links that you didn't respond to before your absence. Not once have you shown that my early-game read is my only reasoning for you; probably a disagreement but one we're going to clear up here and now.
The post you link here is 2719, which I responded to. You say "Nothing has changed" but haven't acknowledged my response, so how can this possibly be a valid point?
There are a ton of lies and consistently poor reclaiming of facts. I'll be going into those tomorrow, presumably after you've responded to all of this. That said, this is the first I've heard of your ability being a night ability -- did I miss something? You speak as if I'd already accused you of it being scummy.

Your wording is vague, do you mean your 2x ability, or the one that sent you to D4? Either way that is scummy, 2x as a night ability gives you an excuse to survive til toNight, and the other as a night ability means you're getting a super-commute out of sight of the thread. As a day ability the awkward timeframe of the commute at least had some setup reasoning that favoured you as town; it could plop you with a mod-confirmed commuter ability into endgame. If it's a night ability then its merits as a town or scum ability are back to null.
^The whole point lies in the intrigue. The other game + it being a Twilight ability added some mystique for the scummies as we don't have common interests. How would a scum react knowing their enemy is definitely jetting off to another game for potential game-breaking information? (I hope you **** yourself Nabe :awesome:) It was meant to be a mousetrap. We knew it wouldn't be mod-confirmed, so we expected scum to take this as an opportunity to kill us thinking our ability didn't work, or twilight role-blocked etc.
A question to other players: did the bolded ever occur to you? This sounds like BS, this reading of such an ability never occurred to me.

You'll recall that I asked you specifically to use that ability as soon as you claimed it, owing to the awkward wording you originally gave it. My best guess was that it might reset the roles or something. You specifically said that you had no idea what going to another game meant iirc; why not directly threaten that it would get you information? I don't see how you could've expected this to draw scum reactions otherwise, it's nebulous. Since I don't see how you could've had that motive, this looks like you defending a lie with new information after the fact.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
SoupaKatamari (2) - MOD, Nabe,
Nabe (1) - Degrey,

Not voting: SoupaKatamari, Gova, Ranmaru,

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, August 24th at 3:00 p.m. EST

MOD votes cannot kill on their own; they require at least one other vote being present. MOD votes disappear at the end of the Day.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I think Nabe touched on this but there has been a scum left alive every day phase while you were gone so I don't know why you're using this as an arguement.

#HBC | Nabe

Okay, cool.
Haven't heard from SK in the slightest so I'm opening up the floor to other responses (particularly you, Gova since Grey seems to have vacated the premises).

In my opinion, I've expressed everything against SK in recent posts. This includes major and minor lies with doubtful motive (concerning multiple misclaims including saying they would be lynchable in the interim). It includes arguments they avoided responding to in D1 (concerning my reads on their slot and DeGrey), despite specifically requesting references to them. This suggests willful ignorance, and they're now stating that I've failed to justify myself when in fact, they simply avoided responding to my posts.

It includes their suggestions that they were scumhunting by claiming they could "go to another game" -- I've explained why this is absurd.

I've said nothing of interactions with PTSD and July. I don't think there's anything to find there.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Gova, what we're afraid of is the poisoner. He steals votes, so today is MyLo.

The point is, we're looking for the poisoner and people have been being poisoned left and right the entire time with SK gone.

Nabe is the play.

#HBC | Nabe

I can't really say I have an explanation for that. But there were two deaths N1, which suggests mafia + serial killer. Maybe SK can directly kill when here, but can poison despite being removed from the game? If SK is scum then that's got to be it, because it explains the N1 phenomenon as well.

If SK is town, then their ability will cause us to skip the Night Phase, which should leave us with 3 player lylo and no one freshly poisoned. So I would ask you to lynch SK despite what seems to be an otherwise poorly-explained situation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree with Nabe being the play...

But...

Degray. You had Nabe as town. Remember? He was being auto lynched and you were trying to protect him.

Why change now?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Well, assuming I know time travel mechanics, SK couldn't have poisoned anyone because he skipped to D4 so he was never around to poison anyone.

#HBC | Nabe

Well, assuming I know time travel mechanics, SK couldn't have poisoned anyone because he skipped to D4 so he was never around to poison anyone.
It's meaningless.

SK says they time-traveled to D4. That could be a lie. If it's the truth, then maybe they also blah blah speculation

I know it's a terrible explanation fyi.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Wait, how is anyone cleared town? Even if I hammered right now, we'd just skip the night phase and then it would be 3 man lylo like previously mentioned so scum would have to play through one more day. :facepalm: @ myself just realizing this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We don't know if he can send in actions while away tho

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
No, the thing is we have no proof that he time traveled, just that he left the game. If he time traveled, then based on the time traveling mechanics and not game mechanics he wouldn't have been able to poison anyone because he was gone N2 and N3.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
^hi guys. we can't send in actions while out of the game. suddenly it's speculated we're a commuter/governor/fast-forwarding poisoner? imagination :awesome: it's definitely nabe. Grey is correct - who is poisoning? Why is it even suggested that wii're lying about our commute (lol). this post is all in dribs and drabs I apologise but work comes first.

vote: Nabe

let's launch half of our assault (due to time contstraints... unfortunately :chuckle:)

Look at my face Gova

Now look at yours

Now back to mine

you could have hammered to win. I'm going to try to convince you to hammer Nabe, and I hope you understand where Ran and Grey are coming from also, not that I'm using peer pressure to convince you, but there's a reason everyone at some point in this game has turned against Nabe.

*sigh*:

I think Nabe touched on this but there has been a scum left alive every day phase while you were gone so I don't know why you're using this as an arguement.
^Think this through. The game would have ended on D3 when Jpeg died. Me and sex dance were both "removed from the game" at simultaneous times. July was shot N1. This isn't a 4-man scum team with a serial killer and a doomed townie unless Swarm intended for massacre lylo after 1 mislynch. Additionally, there isn't 6 anti-town... with a Serial Killer... in a small game... especially when we consider Swarm used 5 anti-town in his last LARGE game.

Therefore, if July died, and me and sex dance were truly both scum and out of the game simultaneously, Town would have won at the end of D3 when Jpeg mod-killed himself, as all the remaining anti-town players likely died. Where would scum be then? And you're right btw -> this proves someone else inside the game was scum instead, and it shows it cannot be us... because we weren't in it. It is going to be Sex Dance / July / Nabe.

Second is a point of mechanics - there cannot be 2 scum roles with opportunities to leave the game :grin: Wii're dedicated to this defence, of course! I.e. how can Town make assertions and further discussion when there are no hot trails to follow from not 1 but 2 mafia, or no mafia... as we have shown? The potential for mislynching is too large. Now, 2 scum commuters with 1 being a scum governor on top of that is likely not possible because it's tampering with 1 principle of mafia (a lack of mafia), and adding on top another issue (controlling town's best tool - the lynch). Read Scum Wars!

Nabe's argument against all of this is that Sex Dance could be a yak/possessor and so hasn't commuted and disappeared at all... this could all be true... but in what way does this go against mod-confirmation? Sex Dance isn't in the deadpool... which confirms he isn't dead. It is objectivity vs underlying speculation. Claim, Nabe. This asks the question: "where is he?" Again, Nabe can say but he yakked July, he possessed July etc. -> but July is DEAD. Where is he NOW? He isn't listed DEAD. It points to a return to the game much like the mechanics of our commute. For what strategic purposes... I don't know. Our strongest defence mechanically speaking is that it close to clears us. Now consider PoE -> Grey could have hammered, Ran is poisoned and vote-blocked (and not to be silly... but RE4 is a big parallel to his play if you'd take a read), and you could have hammered us... the only possibility is the one player that didn't end the game after D3 and is poisoning: Nabe...

kill him kill him
_

For recent issues that need addressing:

I did say "if Gova didn't hammer" so I'm not sure what this response is driving at. The Zen/Gova spot is a town lean for me i.e. they're town out of the two of you, so I'm not very worried.
There was nothing to suggest Gova was clear in the manner one can likely clear Grey and Ran. There should be every worry. What were your Town tells? Btw you hoped to hear from him for confirmation....

...that's nice...

...you wouldn't have said this if there was an inclination gova could end your win condition in the moment you were hoping. And you were hoping for confirmation... something unconfirmed to be confirmed. This means it must have struck you that Gova could have alpha-striked as you were relying on unconfirmed town tells and we hadn't even answered your "genuine questions" (that I assume you wanted the answers to?). Therefore, I'm implying you knew of Gova's alignment when writing that post, knowing he wouldn't hammer, knowing that he's not scum because you are. Of course, lylo is a risk, but you were hoping to hear from gova...

^I'm good with my word choices you should know not to trip like that :grin:

Your wording is vague, do you mean your 2x ability, or the one that sent you to D4? Either way that is scummy, 2x as a night ability gives you an excuse to survive til toNight, and the other as a night ability means you're getting a super-commute out of sight of the thread. As a day ability the awkward timeframe of the commute at least had some setup reasoning that favoured you as town; it could plop you with a mod-confirmed commuter ability into endgame. If it's a night ability then its merits as a town or scum ability are back to null.
^See Town? Nabe considered this possibility and favoured us as potential Town with the information we gave him. That leaves page 4 as his only read, then. By this logic, our claim should have been seen more favourable once we had proven our time travel. Our lies stemmed from our claim - the claim, the root, could have been justified as possible Town to Nabe at this point... so why did he question for our lynch on D2? :woman:
_

The post you link here is 2719, which I responded to. You say "Nothing has changed" but haven't acknowledged my response, so how can this possibly be a valid point?
wii did read your answer btw - nothing has really changed =/ Our point against you was and is a matter concerning your lack of doubt. You haven't showed doubt and never did. We explained our points after you questioned this, and your replies were simply "ok", "ok", "ok"... ... You always explained why things could be Town - everything they did was Town Town...Town... or null to nullify any hint of scumminess someone projected onto them - by your own logic of "alternative thinking" they could be scum but there was no inclination in your content to even consider this. Your treatment of Grey this game has been entirely unnatural. This is a point against you when we consider Grey's influence over the game especially now that we know he's not-scum - after all, he managed to sway the lynch not once but twice on D1 and had you as a Town read throughout the majority of it, thus it made sense for you to cover behind him in this way at that stage. This is why I called you Nabe the PA this game :chuckle: And this is why you kept Grey alive for as long as you did. It's why Nich and Swiss are dead now :woman: they must be avenged...

Bluh hydra johns. Why didn't you keep better care of matching each other's scumreads? Why didn't you agree on a lynch and have one frame of mind like any other player slot would? As a single player slot I would be calling you guilty right now.
^wii're curious actually because you previously said mixups between players justified grey's mistake in the wording of their PM. Why didn't you use the same guidelines to justify our wording mistake? This, actually, was a mistake you used against us as a scum tell. This does come across as selective - could it show that your criteria for hunting scum isn't applicable to everyone?
_

Regarding the "other game's" details:

I couldn't think up a game in real time :awesome: Originally I had the idea it would be one of Swarm's riddle adventure games, but I had claimed the other game and people questioned this. I kept up the idea that it was just another game because I was caught up in the moment of real-time. I wanted to remain consistent in my claim to appear legitimate. I thought the mystery of a new game was enough to scare the scummies, after all.
_

Regarding old reads:

Wii don't think old reads are bad. However, exclusively old reads based on RVS/start of game fodder supported by turbo extreme reasoning are bad.

Exclusively old reads and a reluctance to draw out any other info from pages 5 to 70 something, are bad.

When your 2 picks of the Day never changed at all, throughout the entirety of 70 something pages on D1, and were based on old, bad reads, it rings alarm bells.

Gova... read D1 again, plz. I'll also go into Nabe's reads in more details but I've already written this much so it's going to take some time.
_

Regarding post #172 (the one you selectively missed) -> It reads he made mistakes yet still came to the same conclusion he agreed with before... (As I'm understanding, Soup is a disco guru that has the audacity to think things over, unlike you and your 90 pages of rigidness :grin:)
_

also wii decided to dissect ur brain:

Soup said "fair enough" to me...
...this implies he unwillingly tacitly begrudgingly admitted to and yielded to my pressure...
...hmmm, so this implies Soup saw my point...
...which means if he saw my point he liked my point which means he agreed with my point which means he understood my point which means his point is invalidated...
...it's all coming together!...
...wait, wait... yes... it's all coming together! SCUM! I'll never let go.

^That's more for humourous purposes only.

^And yes other stuff is pending - I will address your page 4 on us, I will attempt to showcase your lack of reads this whole game (namely nich, us, swiss) and the way they are misconstrued in due course. Truthfully?... the game's too long. wii'd prefer if Gova hammered as big neon signs are pointing to you as scum. It should be just be obvious

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey guys.

Has July's push on Degray look forced to you?

I want you to consider, that Degray this game has played kinda like an indy. Or something.

That's the only thing i'm worried about here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Er no, because if Ran is scum, no one is poisoned meaning it's 4-man toMorrow if there's no Night Phase and no death.

Yeah so this is the part where I duck out.
Well you'll see that I'll be dead ToNight.

Essentially I think I was poisoned because of my DV ability.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
This is spur of the moment but..

6. July The Sorceress, Mafia Sorceress (Died N2)
1. T-block James Cole, Town Paranoid Gun Owner(died of poision D2)

T-block was hinting towards being a vigilante, July probably went to kill him, but T-block lied and actually was a paranoid gun owner, i do not think July was framed with this occam's razor logic.

but that doesn't conclude as to why T-block was also poisoned, if Mafia just sent July to kill t-block, there would be no reason to poison him also..

this concludes to be three things:

1) Mafia sent july to kill T-block
2) July (as her role implicates) used an action on T-block and was shot because of it
3) There's an indy poisoner.

i am starting to lean that we are dealing with an indy here, considering this logic.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
SK, I think I have mentioned this before haha.

July did target him. Why? Because no one nk'd Nich. Nich was a doomed townie.

July poisoned him, died the night she did it, and he died the next night.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's also possible the whole scum team are just poisoners, since PLSD flipped the same role as July, I'd assume there's another sorceress. : D

I don't think July sent in actions in advance.

Top Bottom