• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Tfw unexpected Smash 4 patch

RIP Replays again.

I heard that Corrin and Bayo's infinite grabs have been patched out, also it would seem Limit Charge now takes longer to charge. Haven't heard anything else concrete on changes though.

:4corrin::4corrinf: Prays for no major Corrin nerfs :4corrinf::4corrin:

Edit -
Yo! Page 1,800 hype!!! I didn't even notice!

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Tfw unexpected Smash 4 patch

RIP Replays again.

I heard that Corrin and Bayo's infinite grabs have been patched out, also it would seem Limit Charge now takes longer to charge. Haven't heard anything else concrete on changes though.

:4corrin::4corrinf: Prays for no major Corrin nerfs :4corrinf::4corrin:
N/F/Uair got nerfed by 1% allegedly, though could actually help in terms of comboabillity.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Haven't been paying attention to anything. Is Corrin considered gud?
Corrin is considered pretty good, but opinions of exactly how good are still fluctuating quite a bit.
N/F/Uair got nerfed by 1% allegedly, though could actually help in terms of comboabillity.
Saw Esam saying something along those lines on Twitter. So a bit of a buff for combos, and a bit of a nerf for Upair kills.

Damn though, people churning out these Patch memes already!

Edit -
Counter Surge got nerfed.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I can't test currently because I'm recording replays, and I won't be doing so tonight.

You're honestly probab;y best off waiting for the dataminers to figure it out

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Corrin is considered pretty good, but opinions of exactly how good are still fluctuating quite a bit.

Saw Esam saying something along those lines on Twitter. So a bit of a buff for combos, and a bit of a nerf for Upair kills.

Damn though, people churning out these Patch memes already!

Edit -
Counter Surge got nerfed.

That's very sad to see

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
So looking at the changed data, Robin is confirmed to have some kind of change, according to this (skip down to Reflet). Can we get Raziek Raziek on this?
Jab 1/2 got higher BKB...I think.
Jab 1: 35/35/35 --> 40/40/40
Jab 2: 35/30/30 --> 45/45/45
That's what the data says (old and new are swapped)...but it doesn't match what's on KH so I'm confused. I've been trying to figure it out for a while now.
Jab works on Fox at 0%, in case that was a problem before.

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
That's what the data says (old and new are swapped)...but it doesn't match what's on KH so I'm confused. I've been trying to figure it out for a while now.
It was :(

Spc2799

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spc2799
This may be placebo but i think Robins standing grab range feels different. Keep in mind Robin is only my secondary so ill leave it up to you all to find out. Either way i hope for the best.

*edit* TOTALLY A PLACEBO. apologies everyone!

Last edited:

Wolfheart77

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wolfheart77
Zareidriel Zareidriel

A friend of mine went to SHUFFLE and said he saw you there. Or rather, played against you - he said he was in your pools. His tag is Gingeraffe (or I think that's how he spells it; he just recently changed it so I haven't actually seen it enough times for it to stick yet).

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I can definitely see the difference regarding jabbing fastfallers; they are set a bit higher above the ground than last patch when I use the wind finisher. This may make it less advantageous to wind jab floatier characters early however, as I noticed kirby has a pretty easy time escaping. If this is the case, it may make an interesting dynamic of wind jabbing fastfallers and fire jabbing floaties. Just food for thought haha

UPDATE: Turns out Nosferatu shaved off a frame of startup! Every bit helps :p

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Just came to say a few things

1) 1800 pages. NICE!!!

2) Does the Jab buff do anything to help Robin? Cause it seems like it may hinder. Jab already sent characters pretty high.

3) I found some Fire Emblem jazz covers that you may all like. Particular @Hong who if I remember correct is a big fan of jazz.
(not sure if you can call this on jazz since it's so much quicker, but whatever, I like it)
Enjoy

:135:

•Col•

Smash Champion
They fixed the broken tome disappearing upon landing on certain platforms glitch. (Well, at least most of the time now it doesn't happen)

Also, with the jab changes, it means that Fire jab is now a true combo once the opponent is above like 35%. In the original version of Smash 4, fire jab always true comboed but wind jab would hardly ever connect. They reduced the knockback of jab hit 2 to make wind jab connect better, but because of that the fire jab no longer was a true combo. With these jab changes, it seems that both fire jab and wind jab connect reliably now.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
They fixed the broken tome disappearing upon landing on certain platforms glitch. (Well, at least most of the time now it doesn't happen)

Also, with the jab changes, it means that Fire jab is now a true combo once the opponent is above like 35%. In the original version of Smash 4, fire jab always true comboed but wind jab would hardly ever connect. They reduced the knockback of jab hit 2 to make wind jab connect better, but because of that the fire jab no longer was a true combo. With these jab changes, it seems that both fire jab and wind jab connect reliably now.
Ah, okay I see now. Well if this is the case, plus the fact Sheik got a weight nerf, I reckon the Sheik Mu just got better.

On an unrelated note, how come I don't see you in the Roy thread?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Zareidriel Zareidriel

A friend of mine went to SHUFFLE and said he saw you there. Or rather, played against you - he said he was in your pools. His tag is Gingeraffe (or I think that's how he spells it; he just recently changed it so I haven't actually seen it enough times for it to stick yet).
Oh, very cool! Yes I remember Gingeraffe, tell him "GGs!" for me. I was very pleasantly surprised (and almost fearing) that pool, I think I ended up going 2-1 against everyone besides the top two seeds...usually I just take an easy 2-0 from the non-seeds and be on my way. It's a sign that the community is really improving!

On another note, more buffs for Robin, whee! This buff train ain't never gonna stop!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just came to say a few things

1) 1800 pages. NICE!!!

2) Does the Jab buff do anything to help Robin? Cause it seems like it may hinder. Jab already sent characters pretty high.

3) I found some Fire Emblem jazz covers that you may all like. Particular @Hong who if I remember correct is a big fan of jazz.
(not sure if you can call this on jazz since it's so much quicker, but whatever, I like it)
Enjoy

Needs an Aqua/Azura remix

Nah

Smash Champion
about ****in' time lol

also yay one less frame of startup on Nosferatu and maybe fire jab linking slightly better

Some of these changes tho....

On one hand I'm glad they finally gave Needles (and Witch Time) a legitimate nerf and that Cloud got slight nerfs, but why Corrin nerfs (outside of Counter Surge, that's fine really), even if slight? Why buff the knockback on Link's dash attack and Dsmash? Why buff Mewtwo's run speed again, it was already top 15 in run speed after 1.13?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The Hoshidan Festival of Bonds DLC has been released. Here are the six kids chosen to wear the yukata!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Hey guys, long time no see. Wanted to share this image with you guys. How's everyone doing?
Doing good. I'm on spring break right now, so I'm enjoying not being in school right now. Surprise patch came out of nowhere last night though and hit Sheik. Hard. To the rejoice of many. It's pretty much confirmed that she is no longer the best character in the game competitive wise.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So, how 'bout that patch? Looks like ZSS might not hard counter us any more, Sheik might be even, and we straight up beat Meta Knight now!

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Wait, the BKB increase on jab means that fire jab actually works again? Thank you based Soccer Eye.

Also, someone said that tomes don't disappear anymore after landing on platforms, but that isn't in the patch notes thread. Can someone else confirm that this is true?

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
So I beat Conquest last night, the last level was fairly interesting.
I just started playing Birthright on Hard/Casual. I made my main unit into a Troubadour, so we'll see how that turns out.
Other than that, I've been messing with my castle, and I'm having a lot of fun trying to make the most evil level possible with the units I have on hand. If anyone wants to try it out the address is 06636-60367-23046-97176. It took a ton of effort for me to beat it myself, but I guess I have the disadvantage of having the exact same units.
The fact I haven't gotten a Violin Bow yet is criminal

Sorry for talking about Fates if anyone here is still waiting on it!

I'm eager to try out all the 1.1.5 changes later today; I really want to see how Charizard feels now that his airspeed got buffed and his fair's landing lag got a huge reduction. Downthrow > Fair > something else at 0% maybe? I can hope. I bet a ton of people already know if that works or not. I also finally got a pro controller! I'm eager to try that out, too.
Happy update everyone!

•Col•

Smash Champion
Oh, very cool! Yes I remember Gingeraffe, tell him "GGs!" for me. I was very pleasantly surprised (and almost fearing) that pool, I think I ended up going 2-1 against everyone besides the top two seeds...usually I just take an easy 2-0 from the non-seeds and be on my way. It's a sign that the community is really improving!
Ah yeah, I saw you playing at Shuffle. You were in the same pool as Aki (he traveled together with the Pittsburgh group).

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Did we really though?
Yeah, actually. MK's neutral is kinda shaky and his approaches involve the ground, so we can wall him out and keep him away with projectiles and sh fairs. All he can do against Arcthunder is shield or dodge--easily punished--or take to the air, where he's slower than us and has less range. Combine that with his susceptibility to being comboed (above average fall speed + subpar range on aerials) and how light he is (Checkmate kills him at 83!), and you have a much closer matchup that it initially seems.

And now Meta Knight lost the thing that let him threaten a kill at almost any percent.

Top Bottom