• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nah

Smash Champion
With all the bugs, obviously aged mechanics and some tedious design choices, it's a miracle anyone can consider vanilla gen 1 their favorite. I'd still probably go back to it over gen 4 though.
the nostalgia is stronk in some people

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
In regards to the Gen 1 vs. Current Gen, I found a video that is "sorta" relevant:

And my input: Gen 3 or bust.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That moment when the gen 1 Pokemon were your favourite and Kanto was one of your favourite regions and the gen 1 games (moreso the remakes) were some of your favourite games...

Granted, I enjoy every Pokemon game except B/W (B2/W2 were amazing) and the new ones XY/ORAS. Combination of growing up and not enjoying certain decisions made. Gen IV is by far my favourite and go figure, it's the gen that made a bunch of new evolutions for gen 1 Pokemon (gen II did a bit of that too).

Still can't comment on Fates since my cousin has my copy and I'm still on Awakening but I do like the sound of Conquest being difficult and I appreciate a lot of the stuff you all talk about being kept in spoilers!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

I made it even better!
*has absolutely no idea what you re talking about*

*looks up Pokemon news*

*finds Pokemon Sun and Moon*

Nintendo.... just.... why?

Seriously, worlds dumbest name

And yet I'll probably still end up buying it :/

:135:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Great minds think alike they say. Anna is best girl. Apparently she has best stats according to wiki.
Unfortunately for us Anna fans, we have to wait for her dlc map to get her. Oh well, I'll settle for Felicia for now. I like Felicia.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Unfortunately for us Anna fans, we have to wait for her dlc map to get her. Oh well, I'll settle for Felicia for now. I like Felicia.
*cue the "We've got trouble!" joke*
Not too sure who I'd choose really. Maybe Azura because plot importance.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
*has absolutely no idea what you re talking about*

*looks up Pokemon news*

*finds Pokemon Sun and Moon*

Nintendo.... just.... why?

Seriously, worlds dumbest name

And yet I'll probably still end up buying it :/

Are you joking? Sun and Moon makes for an awesome pair of names. It's certainly cooler than just letters or colors.

Anyway, found these absolutely gorgeous drawings of Nah and Nowi. (Obligatory @The Soulless One summoning)

Source - https://twitter.com/TOJlKO

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Does anyone know how the Kidnap skill works? I have a prison built, but none of the enemies defeated by Niles head there.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Third attempt.

Turn 6/7

Takumi uses Dragon Vein (again) to dry up the moats, making it easier for enemies to reach my guys.

"There's a special place in Hell for you, Takumi." I mutter.

Turn 8

I hold the enemy at bay. Victory was just three turns away. However, I forgot the one little piece of land just above the top left bridge I had Effie guard. An Oni Savage goes across said space, completely around Effie and Elise takes an Oni Club broadside the head, killing her.

I then tell myself "Fourth time's the charm, and I'll have something special for Takumi in Ch13.".

#BlameTakumi

On the plus side, the first two dlc maps are out: "Boo Camp" and "Beach Brawl".

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Off to go get Laslow so I can finally get Soleil.

A small part as to why these two are my favorite in Awakening since this might have actually happened.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Taking a brief respite from Pokémon hype, Bandai Namco has released a bunch of new screenshots and info on Tales of Berseria, focusing on two new characters Rokurou

and Eleanor.

I'm already loving Rokurou's character design and personality (at least what they've described of him so far). And Eleanor looks to be a pretty intriguing Lawful Good recurring antagonist for Velvet, though I have a feeling that she'll end up joining the party when she realizes that Velvet isn't like other Daemons.

Here's a link to the source with all the information and screenshots!
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/tales-berseria-details-rokurou-eleanor-arte-links-souls-more

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got these in the mail:

IMG_1717.JPG

For all the flack I give Awakening in the NintenZone threads, I will give it credit for having a good OST. Am glad to FINALLY have a copy of it after being royally screwed over by Amazon two years ago. Doesn't have the full art print of Lucina like the first edition, but she's not my FE waifu anyway. lol

Have been going on a crusade to get the Concert DVD working now that I know there's a limit on Region changes. Changed it once and briefly listened to it, and while it's no Symphony of the Goddesses or Symphonic Evolutions it's definitely a must for FE fans. I hope I can figure out how to copy the audio so I can listen to it on the go.

The latter came with a Cipher card, which in hindsight resembles the FE Orchestra from the original commercial. I don't like the direction the series is going in but I do think the return of the TCG was smart. I'm putting it into my Pokemon card binder.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Guys, we have news, the Direct revealed the names of the new Pokémon games:

And, nothing else...

D

Deleted member

And, nothing else...
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't show off gameplay. I guess we'll have to wait until April or E3...

I'll admit that the fact that you can transfer Pokemon from the original games to Pokemon Bank is pretty cool.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

And, nothing else...
Judging by what we did see of Sun and Moon's production, I'm guessing it's still pretty early in development, so most likely they didn't have anything else to show. That tribute video for Pokémon through the years was pretty cool / nostalgic / adorable.

Oh wow, somebody's already redrawn that new bird Pokémon we briefly saw!

source - https://twitter.com/Sylvaur

Kinda looks like a Woodpecker.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

b-b-b-Benny and the jets.

Sorry I had to. lol
Making Benny cracks/references? So I'm not the only one. I already have a certain movie scene set up for if and when I get him killed.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Poor Zygarde...

RIP Pokemon Hopes and Pokemon Dreams. (BRB, gonna go trademark those names and sell them to Nintendo)

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I can't believe it! The Pokémon Company allowed for Greninja to be included in Fates!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Caved in due to stress from work/$ and got both versions of Fates for $65. Special Edition be ****ed.

Also was able to get the 25th Anniversary DVD sorted out and working fairly decently. Will try and upload the audio-only to YT when I get the time over the next few days like I've seen other people have similarly done for the 25th Anniversaries of Final Fantasy & Phantasy Star.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I see you also made Azura a Dread Fighter!
To me, she's worthless as a Songstress in Conquest. I wanted to marry her to Kaze to make the Greninja joke, but the Dread Fighter being available right away since I had the special edition made it easier than just support grinding.

They're still getting married though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To me, she's worthless as a Songstress in Conquest. I wanted to marry her to Kaze to make the Greninja joke, but the Dread Fighter being available right away since I had the special edition made it easier than just support grinding.

They're still getting married though.
I changed her in Birthright also cause she's dead weight in that path too.

Made her a Great Lord though. In Revelations I'll make her a Dark Flier.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:001: 2 :004: 0 :007: Y :025: E :150: A :144: R :146: S :145: ! :151:

>tfw no Scizor, Blaziken and Ampharos in Smash

They are missing out man. Nice video from Stylez

I can't wait to see the variants for Zelda's (:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4ganondorf:) and Metroid's (:4samus::4zss:) 30th Anniversaries and :4sonic:'s 25th Anniversary

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I can't wait to see the variants for Zelda's (:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4ganondorf:) and Metroid's (:4samus::4zss:) 30th Anniversaries and :4sonic:'s 25th Anniversary
U's a genius

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

And, nothing else...
Actually, they gave us the cover arts as well

Sonic 25th Anniversary be this year boys! Sonic Adventure 2 Remake/ Generations 2! Also, not a big Metroid fan, so meh.

Zelda though.... **** YEAH!!! Also, where be Young Link?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, they gave us the cover arts as well

Sonic 25th Anniversary be this year boys! Sonic Adventure 2 Remake/ Generations 2! Also, not a big Metroid fan, so meh.

Zelda though.... **** YEAH!!! Also, where be Young Link?

To much Fates

Also, Sonic Heroes 2

Top Bottom