• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The dubbing in the Radiant Dawn cutscenes admittedly was awful. There were a few bearable voices such as Shinon and Rolf, Mia was alright, Tibarn was alright, but Ranulf was absolutely tragic. Not only was the audio quality sub-par, it almost sounded like he was mumbling and he had little or no emotion in his voice despite the particular cutscene being action packed.

That said, I will always love Radiant Dawn with all my heart. <3

I do think :4corrinf:'s dubbed voice does sound rather unusual. Her appearance is so graceful and elegant, but her voice, particularly her down and up taunts, is very... unfitting, for lack of a better word. As for :4corrin:, I can't listen to his voice without hearing Liquid Snake.
It's definitely not as fitting as David Vincent for Robin or Matt Mercer for Chrom (Good lawd, that was the best casting choice in Awakening. <3) but they seem fine overall.

I'll take as much Cam Clarke as I can get, honestly.

Matsushi

True Blood
It's definitely not as fitting as David Vincent for Robin or Matt Mercer for Chrom (Good lawd, that was the best casting choice in Awakening. <3) but they seem fine overall.

Oh, I LOVE David Vincent and Matt Mercer so much. I JUST LOVE :4robinm:'S VOICE.

I LOVE :4robinm:
Ryoma, did you like my sunglasses?
LOOOL

:4corrin: "So the Snake's finally come out of his hole? Are you ready now... my brother?" :4corrin:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Should I feel bad that a lot of people hear are complain that they won't have the funds for Fates and I'm hear with enough money to pay for Fates and a PS4 (not that I will)

While I doubt that is going to happen, the EU version of Rhythm Heaven Fever got dual audio while the US version didn't. So who knows?
It is Nintendo we are talking about

I don't know why, but I keep laughing at the "Deep Tactics" pro for Conquest.
Something about it is just hilarious. :laugh:
What I want to know is were the .1 difference comes from. Maybe the 'Looks Good' is more referring to a certain character rather than the game.

:135:

D

Deleted member

My copy of Fates has shipped today! But I won't get it until next week.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
On the other hand, at least you know you'll have a copy. I didn't have enough money to preorder one way back when. I'll have to find one in the wild tomorrow.
We're in the same boat then. Although, I'm not too worried, as I didn't preorder Super Smash Bros 3DS or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and I still managed to walk-in buy them day one at my local Target.

*Unrelated*

More reason why Nyx is the best!

source - http://cynphonium.tumblr.com/tagged/fekoma

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Awakening had great voice casting. Not as great as say... FMA (I don't think many can take that title from it), but they certainly picked the right people for the right roles (Mercer was a natural fit for Chrom).

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
:4pacman:
>tfw enough money and i'm going out with friends to the mall and they said we should visit gamestop
>>to succumb or not to succumb

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

For some reason I keep getting Birthright. Not that I mind. Though I have no idea what Labor Day is.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Since I still have this thread open in a tab,

what level do y'all promote your healers at? I've usually operated on the basis of "promote everyone at 20 including healers", but I'm feeling like promoting Elise to a job with offensive capabilities at 10 might not be such a bad idea.

then again, muh stats

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Since I still have this thread open in a tab,

what level do y'all promote your healers at? I've usually operated on the basis of "promote everyone at 20 including healers", but I'm feeling like promoting Elise to a job with offensive capabilities at 10 might not be such a bad idea.

then again, muh stats
I just wait until level 20 like I do with everyone else.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I wait till level 20 IF I'm seriously using the healer. In RD, I often class change Laura early so she can heal better and do some minor damage to the laguz of part 3 if I'm not bringing her to the tower.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Okay, I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but I'll still put into one.

Not sure if this 100% accurate but they're still pretty funny XD.

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
TIL that buying the special package thing allows you to play Revelation before it's released as downloadable content

welp I didn't want to be on the internet for the next few weeks anyways

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Totally not salty that even though I fully paid off my preorder for Fates with Revelation and the artbook or whatever, I won't be getting it cuz the EB Games in town isn't getting enough copies.

Nope.

Totally not salty in the slightest.

Not. At. All.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Totally not salty that even though I fully paid off my preorder for Fates with Revelation and the artbook or whatever, I won't be getting it cuz the EB Games in town isn't getting enough copies.

Nope.

Not. At. All.
Yeouch... That's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Yeouch... That's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that.
I was told that if anyone cancels their order then I'm next in line and get the preorder. I was also told they were only getting enough copies for 3 preorders which is ridiculous. So my only hope is for someone to cancel which I doubt will happen.

At least I can still get the Fates 3DS XL. Got the Majora's Mask one and I'm gonna send it to a friend who loves MM. Works for me since it's 1 of only 2 3D Zelda's I don't like.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay, I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but I'll still put into one.

Not sure if this 100% accurate but they're still pretty funny XD.

Seems real to me

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Nope.

Not. At. All.

Seriously though that's some bull**** and I'm very sorry.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
guess which kid preordered the Hyrule Edition New 3DS :secretkpop:

guess which kid will be preordering Fates once this country gets a damn release date :secretkpop: because I refuse to pay $200 even for a placeholder price like nah brah

I haven't posted here in a while hi gorls

started uni and it's pretty relaxing and fun... definitely a far different experience from high school

also Azura cosplay is in the works because I have a con in two months:happysheep:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665

Nope.

Not. At. All.
Wow that's sucks, something similar happened to me at the GS and I was so salty, I will never understand why something they don't order enough copies for all the peoples who preordered a game...

Anyway, I hope you all will enjoy the games, it's going to be a long and difficult wait for me due to all the spoilers and the hype.
Have fun even for me folks ;_;

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, expect not to see me for a while guys while I wait with Europe for a release date for our version of Fates. Just come one already Nintendo.

Nope.

Not. At. All.
Oh jez.... i'm so sorry.

guess which kid will be preordering Fates once this country gets a damn release date :secretkpop: because I refuse to pay $200 even for a placeholder price like nah brah:happysheep:
Holy ****, I know right?! Seriously, why the hell does America only have to pay $80 while we have to pay more than double?! How the ****ing **** is that fair?!?!

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA

Nope.

Not. At. All.
You know, this is something that happens far too often. It's no wonder more and more people are turning to purchasing digital copies when the game stores screw up peoples' pre-orders that they push so hard in the store. If you're not going to make sure you fill all the orders, don't fregging push the sales! There are few things in this world that genuinely infuriate me, and one of them is incompetent leadership. You have been a victim of this STAIN upon society, and I am sorry for you.

That being said, I don't even pre-order games (or even buy in the first month of release usually, unless news comes out that it's perfect!) anymore because half the time they release broken, glitched, or otherwise, and you have to get patch 1.01 to fix the worst offenders (like boss fights glitching out (see X-COM 2012) or even save data corruption (see Pokemon Y... yes, a Pokemon game. Imagine how many people lost Pokemon they've had since gen 3) ) that couldn't be fixed by the usually-overworked dev team before the publisher's aggressive and emotionless release date. Why should I pay extra money for a product that's probably borked to **** when I get it and i have to wait just as long as everyone else to actually play it?

Nah

Smash Champion
woo just placed my order for Conquest and Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

It's supposed to arrive on Tuesday

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, expect not to see me for a while guys while I wait with Europe for a release date for our version of Fates. Just come one already Nintendo.

Oh jez.... i'm so sorry.

Holy ****, I know right?! Seriously, why the hell does America only have to pay $80 while we have to pay more than double?! How the ****ing **** is that fair?!?!

Reggie's mad that you guys got ro see Deadpool before him

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So I just got back from EB and I did manage to get my preorder. Got Conquest, Fates, Revelations and the new 3DS XL. Apparently, whatever company ships the preorders to EB told them they'd only be able to get 3 copies there on release date. Three. ****ing. Copies. I get there and find out they got the entire shipment.

Thanks for worrying me for a week~

Honestly might just start going digital at this point though so this doesn't happen again. This same EB had issues with Rosalina amiibo preorders apparently and after that they stopped doing amiino preorders.

D

Deleted member

If anyone has Fates, I hope you are enjoying it!

I got the Special Edition online and it won't be coming until Tuesday. I'll still be around here, but I won't be going in the Corrin social for a long time.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So not only did I get my preorder but I apparently spent more than I had to as well. I have the special edition and a copy of Birthright and Conquest. I thought the 'special edition' was 3 separate cartridges or cards or whatever 3DS games are called, 1 for Birthright, 1 for Conquest and 1 for Revelations. Gonna give the Birthright and Conquest games to my cousin and keep the special edition for myself. Also got the Fates 3DS so come June, I'm gonna give my best friend my MM 3DS for her birthday. Bit of an odd day for me but I'm happy I at least got what I paid for!

Hopefully we never get an FE like this again, or at least make it easier to understand @.@ maybe I'm just lacking intellectually.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
So, I managed to persuade my parents to take a day off from school today! HYPE~

I just got back from gamestop 20 minutes ago, and..... well...I'm Super Duper Excited! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
WIN_20160219_10_41_01_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>tfw everyone is excited over Fates but I'm still playing Awakening

YLISSE STRONG

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So I just got back from EB and I did manage to get my preorder. Got Conquest, Fates, Revelations and the new 3DS XL. Apparently, whatever company ships the preorders to EB told them they'd only be able to get 3 copies there on release date. Three. ****ing. Copies. I get there and find out they got the entire shipment.

Thanks for worrying me for a week~

Honestly might just start going digital at this point though so this doesn't happen again. This same EB had issues with Rosalina amiibo preorders apparently and after that they stopped doing amiino preorders.
It was probably mariotehplumber's fault. I blame him for me having to buy my Rosalina from scalpers for higher than any I've ever bought. It helps me sleep at night.

Also, congrats on the SE. I wasn't so lucky, but oh well. Now I'm just pathetically staring at my Amazon page waiting for Conquest, and for "Out for Delivery" to turn into "Arrived".

Last edited:
Top Bottom