• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
The final form of Vita (I think. The one were the shield thing happens). I always mange to get past the first part and then near kill him in the second part until when the shield activates and that's when everything goes wrong. I loss half my team trying to destroy it and then when I'm done, the Vita has regained some health plus I have to deal with those guns things that just don't die that surrounded the shield. Also, i'm already on level 50 and don't have lv 50 Skells. Unless I do and I just don't know it. More grinding? oh come on! Also, don't worry, I mange to save before the point of no return (plus, it never lets me save there anyway). I'll have one more shot then try what you said.
:135:
I strongly recommend that you get a Lv 50 Skell for yourself. You can unlock them by maxing out (Lv 5) one of the AMs at the AM booth in Armory Alley. Sakuraba is the easiest, so max that one out. Heads up, though, the Skells are extremely pricey, over 1,500,000 in price. I'd also recommend grabbing a Lv 50 G-Buster for it as well (I hope you don't mind shelling out another 750,000).

As for the Vita's final form, it doesn't throw out it's shield satellite until it's at about a quarter health. The satellite will be at the center of the room surrounded by four laser satellites. If you have a Lv 50 Skell, ignore the four satellites as they will hardly do damage to you and they have an ungodly amount of health, and just focus on the shield satellite. Another thing you should do is have you and your team focus on the satellites that surround the Vita when it summons them. That way you can just focus on the Vita without worrying TOO much about your Skells (trust me, you'll need them after this battle).

Another thing I'd suggest is to grab better armor, weapons, and augments for your team and your Skells (yep, even MORE money out of pocket).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'd also recommend grabbing a Lv 50 G-Buster for it as well (I hope you don't mind shelling out another 750,000).
Or you can farm free, better ones from the Guardian Puges around FN site 406 in Sylvalum. They also give out Phoenix Wings, which are really useful for taking out large groups of enemies in one hit

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Or you can farm free, better ones from the Guardian Puges around FN site 406 in Sylvalum. They also give out Phoenix Wings, which are really useful for taking out large groups of enemies in one hit
Aw, I wish I knew this! I could've saved that money for something else!

The Merc The Merc , take Moydow's advice for those good weapons.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
There's also the Hexad-Partican, which you get for completing Lin's last affinity mission. It's basically a massive "**** you" to whatever group of enemies you feel like pointing it at, since it does some 150,000 damage per use (though dodgy stability means this can vary anywhere between 70,000 and 200,000+, enough to one-shot some level 60ish Qmoeva tyrants), but uses up four weapon slots, eats up 1,200 fuel per use, and has two whole minutes of cooldown - so obviously best saved for Overdrive, and hope you get lucky with cockpit time.

The one you get from Lin's mission is level 30, so if you want to use the G-Buster or whatever yourself, just stick it on an ally's Skell. The AI can't really mess that one up, since it doesn't have any special requirements for extra damage (I think it has an augment that boosts damage slightly if you open a battle with it, but that's it).

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
There's also the Hexad-Partican, which you get for completing Lin's last affinity mission. It's basically a massive "**** you" to whatever group of enemies you feel like pointing it at, since it does some 150,000 damage per use (though dodgy stability means this can vary anywhere between 70,000 and 200,000+, enough to one-shot some level 60ish Qmoeva tyrants), but uses up four weapon slots, eats up 1,200 fuel per use, and has two whole minutes of cooldown - so obviously best saved for Overdrive, and hope you get lucky with cockpit time.
Yep, I already have it so I know what you're talking about. It's magnificent when the weapon favors the player. :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone who's not getting ready for The Royal Rumble(for Daniel Bryan and/or AJ Styles)or something else want to play a Super Smashing game of...Smash Bros?

Wolfheart77

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wolfheart77
That doesn't fit with their personalities, though.
Except maybe Virion's.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I strongly recommend that you get a Lv 50 Skell for yourself. You can unlock them by maxing out (Lv 5) one of the AMs at the AM booth in Armory Alley. Sakuraba is the easiest, so max that one out. Heads up, though, the Skells are extremely pricey, over 1,500,000 in price. I'd also recommend grabbing a Lv 50 G-Buster for it as well (I hope you don't mind shelling out another 750,000).

As for the Vita's final form, it doesn't throw out it's shield satellite until it's at about a quarter health. The satellite will be at the center of the room surrounded by four laser satellites. If you have a Lv 50 Skell, ignore the four satellites as they will hardly do damage to you and they have an ungodly amount of health, and just focus on the shield satellite. Another thing you should do is have you and your team focus on the satellites that surround the Vita when it summons them. That way you can just focus on the Vita without worrying TOO much about your Skells (trust me, you'll need them after this battle).

Another thing I'd suggest is to grab better armor, weapons, and augments for your team and your Skells (yep, even MORE money out of pocket).
uhhhhhhhhhh! more wait?! Seriously, it took me a long time to get 1,000,000 and know I need to get that again plus extra? *sigh* I just want to find out what happens. And I have no research probes left....... I guess i can just do some missions. Also, what are G-Buster exactly? I think I've heard the name before. Yeah, i really have Sakuraba at 5, so I'll just do them.

Oh, that's what I've been doing when versing the Vita. Attack the Vita, attack satellites that appear, enter phase 2, attack Vita, attack shield Satellite, attack Vita. But I always end up dying at the last stage cause I've only got 2 skells left. But now I've been think that it my be a good idea to set the battle command to Concentrate Fire so that the focus on what I do and kill what I want quicker. Also, is it a good idea that I have some Arguments equipped?

Oh, I think I tried to versus one of those before. It didn't end well.... I think. but I will keep trying if it means better gear that will help me. Actually I'm curious, do the weapons types (Physical, Beam, Thermal) make a huge difference? I think it does, but I don't know.

Aw, I wish I knew this! I could've saved that money for something else!

The Merc The Merc , take Moydow's advice for those good weapons.
Okay I will.

Wolfheart77

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wolfheart77
Shhh. Shhh, don't think too deep into it. Just laugh at the joke.
I did laugh until I realized that. Why make our courageous, caring, kindhearted tactician into something he's not?

Especially when it's possible for him to just accept Lucina's judgment (when he means nothing to her, so no marriage involved there) and Chrom himself has to stop Robin from just giving up his life?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
uhhhhhhhhhh! more wait?! Seriously, it took me a long time to get 1,000,000 and now I need to get that again plus extra? *sigh* I just want to find out what happens. And I have no research probes left....... I guess i can just do some missions. Also, what are G-Buster exactly? I think I've heard the name before. Yeah, i really have Sakuraba at 5, so I'll just do them.

Oh, that's what I've been doing when versing the Vita. Attack the Vita, attack satellites that appear, enter phase 2, attack Vita, attack shield Satellite, attack Vita. But I always end up dying at the last stage cause I've only got 2 skells left. But now I've been think that it my be a good idea to set the battle command to Concentrate Fire so that the focus on what I do and kill what I want quicker. Also, is it a good idea that I have some Arguments equipped?
Yeah, it sucks but sometimes you'll need to shell out quite a bit of cash if you want a decent chance at fighting some of the tougher enemies. You can always rely on random drops from enemies for weapons and armor, but with the Skells, you don't have much of a choice.

G-Busters are Gravity based Skell swords that do MONSTER damage if used right.

As for the boss, your strategy is pretty solid, you might just need better gear. And yes, augments on your weapons, armor, Skells and Skell weapons and armor are a very good idea. Just make and/or apply augments that will benefit you the most.

Actually I'm curious, do the weapons types (Physical, Beam, Thermal) make a huge difference? I think it does, but I don't know.

They do if a specific enemy has a weakness to it. The Ch12 boss has a weakness to Gravity based attacks for example (another reason to have G-Busters).

I did laugh until I realized that. Why make our courageous, caring, kindhearted tactician into something he's not?

Especially when it's possible for him to just accept Lucina's judgment (when he means nothing to her, so no marriage involved there) and Chrom himself has to stop Robin from just giving up his life?
I think this may be more of a FE overall joke and the creator simply used Awakening characters as a base.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, it sucks but sometimes you'll need to shell out quite a bit of cash if you want a decent chance at fighting some of the tougher enemies. You can always rely on random drops from enemies for weapons and armor, but with the Skells, you don't have much of a choice.

G-Busters are Gravity based Skell swords that do MONSTER damage if used right.

As for the boss, your strategy is pretty solid, you might just need better gear. And yes, augments on your weapons, armor, Skells and Skell weapons and armor are a very good idea. Just make and/or apply augments that will benefit you the most.

They do if a specific enemy has a weakness to it. The Ch12 boss has a weakness to Gravity based attacks for example (another reason to have G-Busters).

I think this may be more of a FE overall joke and the creator simply used Awakening characters as a base.
It sucks even more the I have no research probes left. Yeah, I've been getting quiet a few good weapons from enemies for Skells, but their all level 50.

'If used right.' Hehe, yeah. I kind of have a tendency to throw at all attacks. But they look like they are good weapons.

Oh, I thought he would have a Beam weakness, cause his a Mech. I even have this weapon (Beam Sword) that says do more damage against Mechs. Whelps, looks like I've got some grinding to do.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I got second at a tourney today! It wasn't a very big one, but the competition was pretty good and it's probably the best result I've gotten yet. Still haven't beaten my brother in bracket, but I'm getting very close. Next time I'll do it! ;3

Few things I picked up there:

- I detest the Mario matchup. It's difficult to challenge him in neutral and in the air, even with disjoints, thanks to his insane frame data and combo potential. He's also one of the few characters that can gimp Pit without having to go off-stage, thanks to a diabolical combination of FLUDD, Cape and u-smash. On the plus side, Pit's multiple jumps and floatiness make it relatively easy to escape u-tilt and u-air strings - that puts a pretty big wrench in Mario's gameplan if you know what you're doing!

- Dark Pit makes the Rosalina matchup iiiinfinitely easier. Electroshock in neutral: the dream!

- Pit is the best character in the roster and nobody can change my opinion on that. I loooove hiiiim~

- Dark Pit is good too. Edgy memes for days~

Oh, and I got a Meowstic plushie and an Espeon plushie (Glaceon was sold out, super salty about that) and I'm going out to meet friends and cosplay tomorrow. So all in all, I had a good day today!
Might be a tad bit late but 'Gratz on 2nd~! :happysheep: 1st is the worst and second is the best is what they say :secretkpop:

Oh and daily reminder that Glaceon is the best Eeveeloution :secretkpop:
Would post a pic of my Glaceon plush I dun want to make Winnie too selty

Well that took longer than expected.

Here you go @XenoBrawler610 :happysheep:

My scanner cut some stuff off, but you can just imagine the other parts. Other than that I need to work on not being so messy, the base of her neck looks really blotchy and undefined. At least I got my daily drawing out of the way. This was pretty fun! Now I must sleep.:tired:
Hot damn that's good :happysheep:

Like, I can't draw and shade wrinkles on clothing for life lol

tumblr_mw7iriR6vI1sfaq85o1_400.gif

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh, I got my Glaceon plushie. And a Gengar, too! The guy running the stall gave them to me at a special discount since it was the last day of the con and he needed to shift his merchandise. I'm happy with it!

Cosplay was good too. Hot, very hot. Satin cape over a suit jacket. Oy vey.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
After centuries I have finally dragged myself out of the abyss and back to the robin boards, and I'm glad to see some new faces and some old. A combination of Xenoblade X, school, art, and other things have kept me busy, but today I've found the time to drop by and say hello. How are you guys doing today?

Well that took longer than expected.

Here you go @XenoBrawler610 :happysheep:

My scanner cut some stuff off, but you can just imagine the other parts. Other than that I need to work on not being so messy, the base of her neck looks really blotchy and undefined. At least I got my daily drawing out of the way. This was pretty fun! Now I must sleep.:tired:
Holy moly that looks amazing! The attention to the folds and the proportions are top notch. Not to mention the shading and posing too! 10/10 job right there, you must teach us the ways! :surprised:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hot damn that's good :happysheep:

Like, I can't draw and shade wrinkles on clothing for life lol

View attachment 93694
Me neither. Really want to improve my daring abilities. Though that's amongst many other things.

Holy moly that looks amazing! The attention to the folds and the proportions are top notch. Not to mention the shading and posing too! 10/10 job right there, you must teach us the ways! :surprised:
Yes please! LevinViolin LevinViolin , please teach us Sensei!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Oh, I got my Glaceon plushie. And a Gengar, too! The guy running the stall gave them to me at a special discount since it was the last day of the con and he needed to shift his merchandise. I'm happy with it!

Cosplay was good too. Hot, very hot. Satin cape over a suit jacket. Oy vey.
Yaaaay :happysheep:

I got a Glaceon and Eevee plushie and a styrofoam Oshawott~

Still praying for a decent looking Puff plushie to be made

And what were you cosplaying as? :happysheep:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Anyone want to play a few matches?

It sucks even more the I have no research probes left. Yeah, I've been getting quiet a few good weapons from enemies for Skells, but their all level 50.

'If used right.' Hehe, yeah. I kind of have a tendency to throw at all attacks. But they look like they are good weapons.

Oh, I thought he would have a Beam weakness, cause his a Mech. I even have this weapon (Beam Sword) that says do more damage against Mechs. Whelps, looks like I've got some grinding to do.

Some advice, just go through the continents and find as many of those treasures as you can. Helicopter and White Whale wreckage provide probes and a fair amount of cash (40,000 for Lv 4 White Whale wreckage for example).

G-Busters can still do a lot of damage even if you just "throw them out", they just do way more damage if used when chaining Arts and when teammates tell you to use melee attacks and vice versa.

It's got a Beam weakness as well. Gravity was just the first thing that came to mind.

Last edited:

Wolfheart77

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wolfheart77
True. I haven't played the other games; I just know basic outlines of some characters. That one choice for Robin just isn't the best fit. (Though honestly, I could see it with Frederick as long as his lord is safe.)
I would love matches but I can't hook to the internet :'( Maybe soon i'll be able to.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
After centuries I have finally dragged myself out of the abyss and back to the robin boards, and I'm glad to see some new faces and some old. A combination of Xenoblade X, school, art, and other things have kept me busy, but today I've found the time to drop by and say hello. How are you guys doing today?

I'm doing alright...for now

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
The face...well, to be frank, it looks pretty mannish, even with all the amazing detail I couldn't help but notice this glaring fault.
Drawing feminine faces! My one weakness! I'll need to practice more.

Yes please! LevinViolin LevinViolin , please teach us Sensei!

Maybe I'll do an art stream sometime, or show a status update for Pit when I start drawing him. My tablet is out of commission right now, and I don't having a webcam. Doing a stream would probably not go well right now.

Compliments feel nice. Embarrass

Anyone want to play a few matches?
I'm open for some! I wanted to have some matches with someone here last Sunday, but no luck. I don't believe I've had any with you, yet!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Some advice, just go through the continents and find as many of those treasures as you can. Helicopter and White Whale wreckage provide probes and a fair amount of cash (40,000 for Lv 4 White Whale wreckage for example).

G-Busters can still do a lot of damage even if you just "throw them out", they just do way more damage if used when chaining Arts and when teammates tell you to use melee attacks and vice versa.

It's got a Beam weakness as well. Gravity was just the first thing that came to mind.
Yeah, I've been doing that for exp and money as (also planting probes too). Though i've found a few the require lv 5 and yet I can upgrade my mechanical anymore :/.

Ah, okay. That makes a lot of sense. Yeah, I'm learning to use my loves more strategically

Ah, okay. I'll make sure to keep some beam moves too.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
True. I haven't played the other games; I just know basic outlines of some characters. That one choice for Robin just isn't the best fit. (Though honestly, I could see it with Frederick as long as his lord is safe.)
I would love matches but I can't hook to the internet :'( Maybe soon i'll be able to.
Aye, it's no problem. Just tag me when you get your internet set up and want to play.
I'm open for some! I wanted to have some matches with someone here last Sunday, but no luck. I don't believe I've had any with you, yet!
Alright. I'm out of town right now but should be back in about an hour or so. We can play then if you are available.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I'm doing alright...for now
That's good! But for now? Why is that? :c

Maybe I'll do an art stream sometime, or show a status update for Pit when I start drawing him. My tablet is out of commission right now, and I don't having a webcam. Doing a stream would probably not go well right now.

!
A stream sounds amazing! Definitely ping me or something if you ever get your tablet fixed and you schedule one/start one, otherwise I might lose it in the sea of messages that usually greet me whenever I check this thread.

*showers with compliments* :happysheep: You deserve them~
I have inspiration to draw now... But alas, homework must be done.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

A stream sounds amazing! Definitely ping me or something if you ever get your tablet fixed and you schedule one/start one, otherwise I might lose it in the sea of messages that usually greet me whenever I check this thread.

*showers with compliments* :happysheep: You deserve them~
I have inspiration to draw now... But alas, homework must be done.
Wrestling reasons

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Eh, i have difficult with streams sometimes (at least Twitch streams) but I'll definitely try to watch it fi ti will help me with my drawing. Aw, sorry to hear about you tablet. I was considering getting a table for drawing but my family can pushed me against it. one of the reasons is I don't draw to often (more don't end up drawing often, cause i'm kind of lazy)

Sir, you deserve every compliment that has been said to you. That drawing was amazing.

Don't worry, he says stuff like that. A lot.

Nah

Smash Champion
The Merc The Merc you can probably squeeze a little more money out of FrontierNav by rearranging your existing probes. Try to increase your research probes' outputs by chaining them together and using booster probes, place them in segments with sightseeing spots and/or good revenue rankings, etc. Might as well take a few quests too to get an extra bit of cash and give you something to do while you wait for FrontierNav to **** out money for you.

goddamn though the cost to salvage a Skell is nuts. I ran out of insurance points today and then wrecked my Skell again and it was like 226,000 bucks to salvage. Like holy **** that's almost like buying a new frame

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Wrestling reasons
Eh, i have difficult with streams sometimes (at least Twitch streams) but I'll definitely try to watch it fi ti will help me with my drawing. Aw, sorry to hear about you tablet. I was considering getting a table for drawing but my family can pushed me against it. one of the reasons is I don't draw to often (more don't end up drawing often, cause i'm kind of lazy)

Sir, you deserve every compliment that has been said to you. That drawing was amazing.

Don't worry, he says stuff like that. A lot.

Ah.. Okay then~

goddamn though the cost to salvage a Skell is nuts. I ran out of insurance points today and then wrecked my Skell again and it was like 226,000 bucks to salvage. Like holy **** that's almost like buying a new frame
Yeah.. Once you run out of insurance it really takes a toll on your wallet. Sometimes at that point it might just be better to get a new frame, especially if you're like me and you wreck your skell all the time. :ohwell:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Same here. I can't draw well at all.

Speaking of which, that drawing is amazing.

The Merc The Merc you can probably squeeze a little more money out of FrontierNav by rearranging your existing probes. Try to increase your research probes' outputs by chaining them together and using booster probes, place them in segments with sightseeing spots and/or good revenue rankings, etc. Might as well take a few quests too to get an extra bit of cash and give you something to do while you wait for FrontierNav to **** out money for you.

Yeah, I that's what I'm going to trying to do know. Though recent;y it seems I'm getting around 45,000 basically for most Frontier Nav revenue, so that isn't to bad. Yeah, i try to chain them together in good spots, but I don't think i've done it all that well. Oh well :/. Anyway after i complete this chapter, I'm going to go and try to do a lot more Affinity missions and what not so that I have some money and stuff.

I know right?! Seriously, and after all that effort I put into making it look like the Hulkbuster armour from Avengers/Iron Man. I did buy a new Skell though (still lv 30), so I might sell my old one and then use the new one that has 3 insurance still.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ah.. Okay then~

Yeah.. Once you run out of insurance it really takes a toll on your wallet. Sometimes at that point it might just be better to get a new frame, especially if you're like me and you wreck your skell all the time. :ohwell:
It's complicated

Nah

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm kinda hoping I won't wreck it again until I hit level 50 (47 atm) and then can buy a shiny new level 50 Skell

Top Bottom