• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Guys, could I please have some help with Chapter 12 boss in Xenoblade X? Please? I've versed him 4 times now, least 3 at my character is at lv 50 and everyone else is around 48 (save Doug who's 47) yet I always get to the final part of it and I keep dying. Help?

1) Well Deadpool is out soon, so yeah

2) Cool, he looks like an awesome Spiderman

Plus, some of the other sets look cool (Portal)

yeah, isn't that the truth. Seriously, LEGO dimension (as a whole) has been reported to be the most expensive game of 2015. I mean whoa.

Yeah, I guess, but that's because Disney actually make enough figures for everyone.

:135:
1=True(and DC needs to stop with the reboots to their comics)
View attachment 93574
I got Xeno X and rebought the Bayonetta games! Leggo!
Baeonetta! And I'll be your liker...forever?
2=Hopefully

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Guys, could I please have some help with Chapter 12 boss in Xenoblade X? Please? I've versed him 4 times now, least 3 at my character is at lv 50 and everyone else is around 48 (save Doug who's 47) yet I always get to the final part of it and I keep dying. Help?
Are losing to
The Vita or the final, FINAL boss?
Until I know that, the best I can tell you is, and that's if you saved BEFORE the point of no return otherwise you just screwed yourself, grab a Lv 50 Skell and Lv 30 Skells for your teammates (and G-Busters, grab some G-Busters), grind at the easternmost point of Oblivia until the team is at least Lv 50 - 55, and grab better gear for your team.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I got second at a tourney today! It wasn't a very big one, but the competition was pretty good and it's probably the best result I've gotten yet. Still haven't beaten my brother in bracket, but I'm getting very close. Next time I'll do it! ;3

Few things I picked up there:

- I detest the Mario matchup. It's difficult to challenge him in neutral and in the air, even with disjoints, thanks to his insane frame data and combo potential. He's also one of the few characters that can gimp Pit without having to go off-stage, thanks to a diabolical combination of FLUDD, Cape and u-smash. On the plus side, Pit's multiple jumps and floatiness make it relatively easy to escape u-tilt and u-air strings - that puts a pretty big wrench in Mario's gameplan if you know what you're doing!

- Dark Pit makes the Rosalina matchup iiiinfinitely easier. Electroshock in neutral: the dream!

- Pit is the best character in the roster and nobody can change my opinion on that. I loooove hiiiim~

- Dark Pit is good too. Edgy memes for days~

Oh, and I got a Meowstic plushie and an Espeon plushie (Glaceon was sold out, super salty about that) and I'm going out to meet friends and cosplay tomorrow. So all in all, I had a good day today!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That's a funny way to spell Robin. :rolleyes:
Sorry, my finger must have slipped.

I meant to say Dank Crispy Pit.

Oh, and speaking of dank crispy memes, Captain Falcon's voice actor was there (the tourney was at an anime convention). Kind of surreal fighting Falcon in bracket knowing the man himself is right downstairs.

My friends said he's a cool guy, but he doesn't speak very good English. He signed their Falcon amiibo and games, but he didn't seem to understand their attempts at small talk. It's pretty cute, honestly. He didn't say any of his quotes either.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Oh, and speaking of dank crispy memes, Captain Falcon's voice actor was there (the tourney was at an anime convention). Kind of surreal fighting Falcon in bracket knowing the man himself is right downstairs.

My friends said he's a cool guy, but he doesn't speak very good English. He signed their Falcon amiibo and games, but he didn't seem to understand their attempts at small talk. It's pretty cute, honestly. He didn't say any of his quotes either.
Wow, that's amazing. Your friends are pretty lucky to meet Captain Falcon in the flesh. Bit of a shame he didn't say any quotes but you can't have it all I suppose.

Now I'm fantasizing someone winning a match with Falcon and his voice actor just so happens to pass by and right after the announcer says "The winner is...Captain Falcon!" Falcon's voice actor says "YHES!" and everyone has a melt down lol.

I got a huge rush writing that last line. I need to lie down and calm down for a bit.

D

Deleted member

I got second at a tourney today! It wasn't a very big one, but the competition was pretty good and it's probably the best result I've gotten yet. Still haven't beaten my brother in bracket, but I'm getting very close. Next time I'll do it! ;3

- I detest the Mario matchup. It's difficult to challenge him in neutral and in the air, even with disjoints, thanks to his insane frame data and combo potential. He's also one of the few characters that can gimp Pit without having to go off-stage, thanks to a diabolical combination of FLUDD, Cape and u-smash. On the plus side, Pit's multiple jumps and floatiness make it relatively easy to escape u-tilt and u-air strings - that puts a pretty big wrench in Mario's gameplan if you know what you're doing!

- Dark Pit makes the Rosalina matchup iiiinfinitely easier. Electroshock in neutral: the dream!

- Pit is the best character in the roster and nobody can change my opinion on that. I loooove hiiiim~

Oh, and I got a Meowstic plushie and an Espeon plushie (Glaceon was sold out, super salty about that) and I'm going out to meet friends and cosplay tomorrow. So all in all, I had a good day today!
Congrats on getting second, Wintropy!

How you feel about fighting Mario is how I feel about fighting Fox. I've never beaten a Fox in tournament ever, it sucks.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wow, that's amazing. Your friends are pretty lucky to meet Captain Falcon in the flesh. Bit of a shame he didn't say any quotes but you can't have it all I suppose.

Now I'm fantasizing someone winning a match with Falcon and his voice actor just so happens to pass by and right after the announcer says "The winner is...Captain Falcon!" Falcon's voice actor says "YHES!" and everyone has a melt down lol.

I got a huge rush writing that last line. I need to lie down and calm down for a bit.
Yeah but I beat Falcon in bracket~ ;3

*Brag brag, honk honk~*

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I'm in a drawing mood, but I don't have any idea on what to draw. :urg:

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty desperate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It feels so weird without @AlmostCertainly Quite So liking everything(it'll take forever to get used to it).

Edit:Sadly edited

Last edited:

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Here's a lame MS Paint victory Pit for Wintropy Wintropy .
I'll do a better one tomorrow, but I'm drawing Terra right now. :chuckle:

It works on multiple levels. V for Victory, and II for 2nd place. Fridge brilliance. :088:

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Here's a lame MS Paint victory Pit for Wintropy Wintropy .
I'll do a better one tomorrow, but I'm drawing Terra right now. :chuckle:

It works on multiple levels. V for Victory, and II for 2nd place. Fridge brilliance. :088:
Terra as in Final Fantasy?

Yes please.

Ikr; I was hoping you didn't notice/quote me.
My heart, it is filled with so much strife.:4cloud:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Yup! That Terra!
She's still my favorite FF protagonist and 6 is still my favorite FF. If it gets released on the VC or if it gets remade, I'll buy it and play it again. I just love that game so much.
I'd play it, but I don't have a controller for it. Freaking Wii U, not being compatible with GC remotes...

But yeah, Terra is up there as one of my favorite FF protags. I'm fond of Cecil, Cloud, and Squall too.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Well that took longer than expected.

Here you go @XenoBrawler610 :happysheep:

My scanner cut some stuff off, but you can just imagine the other parts. Other than that I need to work on not being so messy, the base of her neck looks really blotchy and undefined. At least I got my daily drawing out of the way. This was pretty fun! Now I must sleep.:tired:

D

Deleted member

My scanner cut some stuff off, but you can just imagine the other parts. Other than that I need to work on not being so messy, the base of her neck looks really blotchy and undefined. At least I got my daily drawing out of the way. This was pretty fun! Now I must sleep.:tired:
Holy damn! This is incredible! :eek: Amazing job!
I'm gonna summon a good friend of mind, who is a Final Fantasy fan. AustarusIV AustarusIV !
Good night! I'll be heading off to sleep as well... it's pretty late here.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

When can we see Cloud, Magitek Elite?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So I open up Smashboards and I see that I've been tagged. What is this?

Holy damn! This is incredible! :eek: Amazing job!
I'm gonna summon a good friend of mind, who is a Final Fantasy fan. AustarusIV AustarusIV !
Good night! I'll be heading off to sleep as well... it's pretty late here.
Holy cow! That drawing is amazingly well-done! I love the textures and shading on Terra's clothing, especially her pants. And the Buster Sword is great as well. The face...well, to be frank, it looks pretty mannish, even with all the amazing detail I couldn't help but notice this glaring fault.

You know, I was just thinking about getting back into FFX after playing through KOTOR for some time, now that I've finished playing Dragon Quest VIII a couple weeks back. Even though this had nothing to do with FFX itself, this may just be the tipping point into getting me to replay that game again.

This drawing gets Batman's seal of approval!

batman-approves.gif

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Are losing to
The Vita or the final, FINAL boss?
Until I know that, the best I can tell you is, and that's if you saved BEFORE the point of no return otherwise you just screwed yourself, grab a Lv 50 Skell and Lv 30 Skells for your teammates (and G-Busters, grab some G-Busters), grind at the easternmost point of Oblivia until the team is at least Lv 50 - 55, and grab better gear for your team.
The final form of Vita (I think. The one were the shield thing happens). I always mange to get past the first part and then near kill him in the second part until when the shield activates and that's when everything goes wrong. I loss half my team trying to destroy it and then when I'm done, the Vita has regained some health plus I have to deal with those guns things that just don't die that surrounded the shield. Also, i'm already on level 50 and don't have lv 50 Skells. Unless I do and I just don't know it. More grinding? oh come on! Also, don't worry, I mange to save before the point of no return (plus, it never lets me save there anyway). I'll have one more shot then try what you said.

1=True(and DC needs to stop with the reboots to their comics)
Speaking of DC, have you seen the Supergirl tv show?

That. Is. AMAZING.

I wish I could draw :(......

PIt is seriously so fun. I am actually considering him main him over Robin. Won't drop Robin, just have Pit has my first choice. maybe.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1

i know i said it already, but congratulations!!! you're truly reppin' the Pit...Adamaplz better watch his back B)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
These puns are awakening the Lion in my heart.
I decided to go to the gym and all of a sudden A man made me Huniepop my Core until I couldn't really feel it anymore;

(Managed to get a Korra and Dashie reference/pun in here)
The final form of Vita (I think. The one were the shield thing happens). I always mange to get past the first part and then near kill him in the second part until when the shield activates and that's when everything goes wrong. I loss half my team trying to destroy it and then when I'm done, the Vita has regained some health plus I have to deal with those guns things that just don't die that surrounded the shield. Also, i'm already on level 50 and don't have lv 50 Skells. Unless I do and I just don't know it. More grinding? oh come on! Also, don't worry, I mange to save before the point of no return (plus, it never lets me save there anyway). I'll have one more shot then try what you said.

Speaking of DC, have you seen the Supergirl tv show?

That. Is. AMAZING.

I wish I could draw :(......

PIt is seriously so fun. I am actually considering him main him over Robin. Won't drop Robin, just have Pit has my first choice. maybe.
Yeah, and to me it's a meh(Flash and Arrow are so much better)
These puns are awakening the Lion in my heart.
I'm really feeling the puns because Ive created a Hi Rule protected by a fellow Warrior, but I can tell that everyone will have Cena nuff of these puns.

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Update: sorry for not being active recently. Uni work and messed up sleeping schedules have left me at very awkward times. I'm more frequently online via the Robin discord chat in case people don't know about it:

https://discord.gg/0kPJY5xExeYJzrDk

But other than that I feel I have definitely improved my punishment game, combos, zoning and reads with my Robin. What I'm working on right now is spacing and movement. Definitely something I need to be more consistent in. I spend more time reading my opponent than preventing myself from getting read myself.

Top Bottom