• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
upload_2016-1-25_14-11-31.png

I'm not even at chapter 20(or in Hector's story, chapter 21 since I'm trying Hector's story) and Oswin is already level 20.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Great to see you here. I'm guessing and keeping up with multiple threads isn't always easy so it's nice to see you pop up here on occasion. In my experience, all some people need to show up in old threads, even if just for a short while, is a simple tag so that's why I do so on rare occasion.

It's actually never really intended to bring you here, it usually just happens as I'm saying stuff so I just figure that, since you like this place, it wouldn't hurt you any to pop up here for once. Heck the only reason I even popped up here is because you recommended it once way way back.

It was a great recommendation though, I've been here ever since and, as you once said about the people here (give or take), "they're cool peeps". True words right there.

Sorry for weaving in and out so much. Been about elsewhere and it's hard to keep up.

You know. Phenomenal cosmic posting, itty bitty attention span.

While I'm in the neighborhood, I've noticed people posting their XCX characters recently, and I'd like to get in on that.

Caveat, all I have is potato quality.

View attachment 93791
If you ask me, your character fits you perfectly. Probably has to do with the face/expression that is pure gold and the goggles? on his head reminded me of your Pika shades so that's a great plus.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sorry for weaving in and out so much. Been about elsewhere and it's hard to keep up.

While I'm in the neighborhood, I've noticed people posting their XCX characters recently, and I'd like to get in on that.

View attachment 93791
Don't apologize for anything with your cool Pikachu profile picture and everything else.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
GORGEOUS artwork done by Yusuke Murata (lead artist of One Punch Man) for Dragon Ball's 30th Anniversary!

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930

View attachment 93791
Fancy meeting you here monado boy Red, it's been a while. I get your feels though, I've been away for ages and I'm not going to attempt to catch up. Too many messages. :c

And I might as well hop on the XCX bandwagon myself, but I'll put it under a spoiler tag so as not to kill anyone with the photo size.

Photo is kinda cruddy with the angle and the lighting, but I can't really hop on my WiiU at the moment, haha.

I've actually seen your avatar hanging around the front of my Barracks from time to time. :3

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
GORGEOUS artwork done by Yusuke Murata (lead artist of One Punch Man) for Dragon Ball's 30th Anniversary!

Even though I've been enjoying Dragon Ball Super, I really hope Toei animation can amp up their animation for the later sagas( I know they aren't getting paid as much as they used to, but Madhouse animation also has an average work budget).

Holy crap, just found out that Madhouse also made The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Zelda and DBZ 30th anniversary
Sonic 25th anniversary
Kid Icarus anniversary(I think)
Pokémon 20th anniversary

So many anniversaries this year

Nah

Smash Champion
Kid Icarus anniversary(I think)
It'd be the 30th anniversay of Kid Icarus if you go by Japanese releaes dates

but yeah there's a lot of Nintendo stuff with majot anniversaries this year for some reason

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It'd be the 30th anniversay of Kid Icarus if you go by Japanese releaes dates

but yeah there's a lot of Nintendo stuff with majot anniversaries this year for some reason
Zelda U
Kid Icarus Uprising sequel/remake/anime
Pokken and Pokémon GO
Sonic Generations 2/Adventure 3
DBZ:Budokai Reboot/Xenoverse 2

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Metroid actually shares its debut year with Zelda, so it's also Metroid's 30th anniversary.
In all honesty, I actually really liked how the gameplay of Fedration Force looked. The concept of a multiplayer Metroid is intriguing to me. I think people have been overreacting since day 1. We literally know nothing about the game and people are already calling it the worst game since Other M.

The worst part is that because everyone is jumping on the hate bandwagon (all based on a 50 second trailer), I feel like this game is doomed to fail. Reviews are going to mimic the thoughts already out on the internet IMO, so I really do feel like there's no hope for this game to do well. It makes me sad, really.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Devil May Plop Devil May Plop and @Qrow and The Merc The Merc and anyother TMNT fan/human

*incoherent flailing*

I'M MOTHER ****ING DEAD!

TMNT AND THE ROCK ON THE SAME DAMN DAY, HOLY ****ING ****!

SHELL YEAH SMELL WHAT THE HYPE IS COOKIN'

Last edited by a moderator:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Metroid actually shares its debut year with Zelda, so it's also Metroid's 30th anniversary.
In all honesty, I actually really liked how the gameplay of Fedration Force looked. The concept of a multiplayer Metroid is intriguing to me. I think people have been overreacting since day 1. We literally know nothing about the game and people are already calling it the worst game since Other M.

The worst part is that because everyone is jumping on the hate bandwagon (all based on a 50 second trailer), I feel like this game is doomed to fail. Reviews are going to mimic the thoughts already out on the internet IMO, so I really do feel like there's no hope for this game to do well. It makes me sad, really.
I don't know about anyone else, but I seem to find a bit of humor in the whole premise of FF. Just think about it, you got these four GF Trooper morons scrambling around trying(and maybe failing)to complete their tasks at hand, couple that with the game's toonish art style, and maybe imagine trooper callouts for those moments when someone's being a dumb***(like when that one guy got himself trapped in the cage with the monster in the footage we've seen so far), and the comedy pretty much writes itself. I can only imagine the hilarious situations that will go down in online games. That's one of the reasons I may pickup the game whenever it hits shelves.

As for why it's so hated right now, I've heard a few reasons. For one thing, it's not the Metroid game people have been waiting for(myself included), which makes them salty. I've heard another theory that this is not a spin-off and more of an indication of Metroid's future. One of the most obvious reasons is the art style, which has gotten people all riled up for whatever reason. Couple all that with the bandwagon effect, and, well.....you know the rest.

Personally, people are getting bent out of shape for no reason. I wholeheartedly believe that FF is a spin-off through and through, and the benefit of a spin-off is having more freedom to experiment as opposed to the mainline games, which have to follow more specific guidelines. I'm just holding on to hope that we'll have a true Metroid in the near future that doesn't turn out like Other M.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I think everyone knows FF8, FF9, FF10, FF6 and FF12 are the best ones.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Super Mario RPG is the FF wih the best art style though.

Probably the only FF game that wouldn't benefit from an HD remake. Can't enhance perfection.

D

Deleted member

I think everyone knows FF8, FF9, FF10, FF6 and FF12 are the best ones.
And 7.
I know the game hasn't aged very well and the plot is very confusing (due to the translation...), but it's a pretty solid game overall.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spiderman will soon join Lego Avengers just like he did the MCU

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
And 7.
I know the game hasn't aged very well and the plot is very confusing (due to the translation...), but it's a pretty solid game overall.
^^^^
Everyone I know that talks about 7 either says it's really bad, or it's the holy grail of video games. It's over hyped, but it's not bad. Honestly the only real problem with it is the hours of side quest filler. You know, the stuff the game makes you do, which at first you think is part of the game, but if you took it out, the game overall wouldn't change? Ya, 7 filled with that. Maybe the remake can change that.

Until then, while still on the topic of FF games, have this scene from tactics on the PSP, with a cameo from the world's classiest sky pirate (Honestly one of my favorite scenes in a video game ever, IT'S SO HYPE)

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ayyy let's go, m8.

Also, jot me down as a "potential" attendee for CEO in June now.

Top Bottom