• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
And 7.
I know the game hasn't aged very well and the plot is very confusing (due to the translation...), but it's a pretty solid game overall.
7 is a fun game overall but it's way too overhyped compared to the others that deserve at least the same amount of recognition and some of the older ones too. And it's been remastered about 4 times now so the graphics are fine in all honesty.

Never found the plot confusing btw...so don't know where that comes from.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
SO WE MIGHT ACTUALKLY GET US BOATS IN KANTAI
While I don't care for the game, I humbly request that you present to me the almighty Enterprise when the update goes out.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ayyy let's go, m8.
Don't get you hopes TOO high. If memory serves me right, this is the same woman that told us that, "from sources", the Inklings were going to to be announced for Smash during one of the Splatoon directs, then pulled an "Oops, my bad." just before the specified direct happened.

Would be cool if true, though.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
The original translated version that was released in '96(?) had some questionable translation errors, which made some of the story dialogue confusing. Future releases and remasters fixed it though

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
It seems that someone anonymously gifted me another 3 months of Premium...I'm not certain it was somebody who frequents this social, but there's a good chance that it was as this is basically the only place I post on SB. So thank you very much for that, that was very generous and kind of you, whoever you are x3

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They're also hard to watch.
Case in point ignoring the Pegasus unit right next to a point that has to be defended.
Well they're trying to explain...the game

D

Deleted member

7 is a fun game overall but it's way too overhyped compared to the others that deserve at least the same amount of recognition and some of the older ones too. And it's been remastered about 4 times now so the graphics are fine in all honesty.

I do feel like 7 is overhyped as well. I don't think the game is bad like some people say, but I wouldn't consider it the best RPG that I've ever played, nor the best Final Fantasy.

The plot can be hard to follow due to translation changes. Apparently, one major plot point was completely changed...
In the Japanese version, Cloud was a puppet for Jenova because he had a lot of Jenova cells in him. In the American version, they censored it and called him a Sephiroth clone.
On a basic level, it's easy to follow; just go and take down Shinra and defeat Sephiroth. But, for the grand scheme of things (like all of the details about the plot), it can be hard to understand.

The original translated version that was released in '96(?) had some questionable translation errors, which made some of the story dialogue confusing. Future releases and remasters fixed it though
Yeah, this is what I meant.
I have only played the PS1 original, so I have no idea what changes they made to the dialogue. I understand the plot, but I was just so lost with one plot point.
Namely, the Sephiroth clone thing. When Cloud called himself a Sephiroth clone, does that mean that I am not playing the real Cloud and the real one is out there somewhere? Is this character Cloud made up?
No, he was just injected with Jenova cells that makes him an easy puppet for her.
The headaches weren't explained I believe, but they also came from his psyche (aka, the real Cloud) trying to fight off Jenova in his mind.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So....
http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-fates-removes-petting-mini-game-in-the-west/

Petting removed from Fates. Lets be honest, we all saw this coming.

Also, Rinku リンク Rinku リンク , how did you make your sig picture?

Devil May Plop Devil May Plop and Schnee117 Schnee117 and The Merc The Merc and anyother TMNT fan/human

*incoherent flailing*

I'M MOTHER ****ING DEAD!

TMNT AND THE ROCK ON THE SAME DAMN DAY, HOLY ****ING ****!

SHELL YEAH SMELL WHAT THE HYPE IS COOKIN'
Um, yeah. Not a TMNT fanboy. Not saying I don't like the, I love TMNT, it's awesome. But I'm not quiet on the same level of fandom as you. At least not yet.

:135:

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
It seems Fates face-rub thing will be removed from the NA version too, if anyone cares.
according to a kotaku article, where the actual confirmation is paraphrased, when the building is in an IGN video
I would take it with a grain of salt

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
according to a kotaku article, where the actual confirmation is paraphrased, when the building is in an IGN video
I would take it with a grain of salt
I found an article of it on Nintendo Everything. Pretty sure it's happening. or at least it's been very much modified the face rubbing.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
It seems Fates face-rub thing will be removed from the NA version too, if anyone cares.
So....
http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-fates-removes-petting-mini-game-in-the-west/

Petting removed from Fates. Lets be honest, we all saw this coming.

I'm glad that the feature might be removed. It was an unnecessary and out of place feature for a strategy RPG. With any luck, IS will learn from this and put the time and resources into something more practical and/or enjoyable.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

I'm glad that the feature might be removed. It was an unnecessary and out of place feature for a strategy RPG. With any luck, IS will learn from this and put the time and resources into something more practical and/or enjoyable.
The feature might be unnecessary, yes, but the fact that it was removed is almost pathetic. Not everything has to be dumbed down and removed for censorship and/or an E rating. If it's a part of the game, it's a part of the game, that's just how it should be.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
The feature might be unnecessary, yes, but the fact that it was removed is almost pathetic. Not everything has to be dumbed down and removed for censorship and/or an E rating. If it's a part of the game, it's a part of the game, that's just how it should be.
Believe me, I'm not too keen on the removal of things in games and other media myself, but there is nothing wrong about removing something from a game that neither adds nor takes away from the experience. Would it make sense to keep something in a game, no matter how insignificant it is? Sure. But if said thing is never used when playing because of various reasons (i.e. what it is, what can you do with it), wouldn't it also make just as much sense to simply remove it?

In light of this, what it really comes down to is "WHAT" is being removed and from what.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
My biggest question now though is, will they add anything in the place of FE-Amie, or will there just be a big gaping hole in my heart the game? I mean the whole point of it was to help raise relationships correct? So are you just gonna have to grind extra hard in battles? Take extra baths with your allies? HAVE SOME GOD DAMN TEA PARTIES WITH THEM?!

Actually, IS should totally steal Koei's "Throw a Party" system from Warriors Orochi 3.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Believe me, I'm not too keen on the removal of things in games and other media myself, but there is nothing wrong about removing something from a game that neither adds nor takes away from the experience. Would it make sense to keep something in a game, no matter how insignificant it is? Sure. But if said thing is never used when playing because of various reasons (i.e. what it is, what can you do with it), wouldn't it also make just as much sense to simply remove it?

In light of this, what it really comes down to is "WHAT" is being removed and from what.
But there is no solid (if any) evidence that this feature would or would not add to or take away from the overall experience because it was never released to the western public, and for that matter, even used when playing, because again it was never released. Along with that, this isn't just a small censorship, this was a big feature in the sense that it took months to make all of the models and create the reactions and emotions. Even if it was confirmed that a majority of the western audience would not use it, there's still no sensible reason to remove a feature from a game completely, just because they wouldn't use it. At that point, it just becomes a game of trial and error, and they would know that the feature was a bust, and move on. What this particular situation boils down is simply NoA wanting to market the wrong game as mass media friendly, when it has no mass media appeal to begin with.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
My biggest question now though is, will they add anything in the place of FE-Amie, or will there just be a big gaping hole in my heart the game?
Was it officially stated anywhere that face-rubbing action is actually being cut? I've been hearing people say this all over the place, but I've just been assuming that it's a rumor.

UPDATE: NVM I found the answer by scrolling up a few posts. :sheep:

Last edited:

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
But there is no solid (if any) evidence that this feature would or would not add to or take away from the overall experience because it was never released to the western public, and for that matter, even used when playing, because again it was never released. Along with that, this isn't just a small censorship, this was a big feature in the sense that it took months to make all of the models and create the reactions and emotions. Even if it was confirmed that a majority of the western audience would not use it, there's still no sensible reason to remove a feature from a game completely, just because they wouldn't use it. At that point, it just becomes a game of trial and error, and they would know that the feature was a bust, and move on. What this particular situation boils down is simply NoA wanting to market the wrong game as mass media friendly, when it has no mass media appeal to begin with.
The problem with skinship is that you can't talk about it objectively like you can about classes, maps, characters*, etc. There are an entire slew of arguments you can use to qualify why the feature should be localized. The fact of the matter, however unfortunate, is that the personal opinions surrounding the controversy involved in this mode go beyond "I don't like it."
From a marketing standpoint, there's no way NoA is going to risk localizing something that has so many negative opinions rooted so deeply in so many people's personal morals, even if it does add a small portion to the gameplay as well as providing a lot of content (and apparently is a big part of the social aspect of the Nohr side?).

Personally, I don't like it. I think it's weird.
But on the other hand, I also believe in the principal of sustaining the state of a product or piece of art as the producer or artist originally intended. I was always really conflicted about this feature. I don't think it's OK. Should that affect my thoughts on the other sections of the game or the game as a whole? Even though I might never be able to form a "true" opinion on the matter because I'll (probably) be playing the "neutered" version, there is part of me that is relieved that this (probably) won't be included. Maybe that's ignorant of me.

I'm pretty sure everyone here has read that one Source Gaming article talking about how localization =/= translation. From NoA's perspective I can definitely see why it would be excluded. Business is business, and they have a certain image to keep up.

*You could argue that characters could also be controversial. I think characters are something that exists "within" the game and are something that the viewer can openly reflect on. Skinship is a mechanic that "is" the game in some sense, and I'd argue that it carries the implication that because it "is" the game that it subtly condones what that mechanics entails in the context of the rest of the game.

Was it officially stated anywhere that face-rubbing action is actually being cut? I've been hearing people say this all over the place, but I've just been assuming that it's a rumor.
Kotaku had an article that supposedly interviewed Nintendo said that "face rubbing" was being cut. Nintendo Everything sourced that article in one of their own. IGN also had a small video that seem to imply the same thing. Nintendo themselves have not stated anything. This is all to my understanding, I might be wrong on any of these. I'm pretty sure Nintendo themselves haven't said anything outside the Kotaku article, though.
I'll try to find the actual Kotaku article, because I'm not actually aware of the specifics of it myself.
Here's a link to the Kotaku article. http://kotaku.com/the-english-version-of-fire-emblem-fates-wont-have-the-1755121353

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So Tharja 2.0 is now Rhajat and Cordelia 2.0 is Caeldori..

What is Gaius 2.0 gonna be.... Usagi?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
the Nintendo Everything article sources the Kotaku article.
*shrugs*

There are most likely changes either way.

It was made by none other than the talented @Jae himself.
Aw cool. wish I could make one like that.

Don't worry...you will!
I didn't say I wouldn't

I'm kind of with you on this. Though i kind of hope there is something to help boost relation/ add to the characters. Maybe like the Tea part idea Zantetsugun Zantetsugun said. Just something, sort off like Affinity missions in XCX.

Top Bottom