• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
@Major Solid Hello and welcome~! Since everyone's posting Clude, I suppose I should hop on as well. :p Hope you enjoy your stay~! (* >ω<)

Played more FFVII, and I just got done with the cross-dressing skit. I haven't laughed so much in a video game in a loooong while. xD

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
The laughing gas has worn off so I'm left with some swollen and sore cheeks, but now I've got plenty of time to play some X, read Jojo, and sleep.

I will say going under the laughing gas was quite an experience. It felt pretty wild and it was like my whole body was drifting away.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Tournament in 2 days! Sorry for being so inactive but I've actually been playing a whole bunch with tournament people who are going nationals on the 9th :)

I'm really surprised but I'm doing pretty well against them. Won a bunch, lost a few. I'm hoping it all goes well. I've really been improving my Robin gameplan just by playing a bunch of hard matchups myself :)

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
@Major Solid Hello and welcome~! Since everyone's posting Clude, I suppose I should hop on as well. :p Hope you enjoy your stay~! (* >ω<)

Played more FFVII, and I just got done with the cross-dressing skit. I haven't laughed so much in a video game in a loooong while. xD
...I'll chop it.

Not suprised at all with Yokai's results, it continues its dominance
Yokai Watch is awesome, brah.

Matsushi

True Blood
Convert! Convert! Ditch the Trash King :4marth: and Ow The Edge :4darkpit: for a SOLDIER 1st Class! :4cloud:
I WOULD NEVER DITCH MY BELOVED HERO KING, EVER.
:4marth:
:4marth:
It certainly doesn't run in family. Nope. Not at all.

@Major Solid quick, hide your trashcans
I'm sure Matsushi Matsushi has probably spoken of me already, but I'm your sister's Sensei. :p
I indeed have!

And he's the best Sensei, just sayin' <3

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
...I'll chop it..
It's k, you have Clude in your avatar anyways. ;p

I just got back from my Gamestop to see if the pre-order offer with the keychains still applied with the SE, since it doesn't say on the website. They weren't sure, but they promised to hold one for me anyways, which is awesome of them.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
9th out of 95 at last night's Shockwave. For my first oos tournament in years that's not that bad.

Could have been a lot worse. Could have lost to Sethlon and have Raziek really tear me a new one for it.

I just need refresher courses in the Sheik and Rosalina matchups, I suppose.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
9th out of 95 at last night's Shockwave. For my first oos tournament in years that's not that bad.

Could have been a lot worse. Could have lost to Sethlon and have Raziek really tear me a new one for it.

That's awesome! Way to go!

Speaking of awesome things...

THE WANT IS REAL

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Oh! So those matches of "Johan" on Tourney Locator were you! Congratulations! The videos are up if you want to review them.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yo Nah Nah I'm actually open for games and my folks arnt watching steamed tv I'm open for games if your not busy.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Oh! So those matches of "Johan" on Tourney Locator were you! Congratulations! The videos are up if you want to review them.
Thanks!

And I have this issue with watching my prior matches. I can't stand self-critique. I just go by memory.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
on the topic of XCX music, you guys might like this video haha
I would always go to NLA at nighttime if that was in the game.
Also I'm loving that Melia avatar.

Congrats! I will hopefully be watching your matches sometime soon!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh, to answer this, the video is currently being pulled over from my Twitch to my Youtube.

We played for about 2 hours, then spent about 15-20 minutes covering a large number of match-up specific interactions in significant depth.
Ah. Just saw the video. Interesting watch.

On a completely different tangent, you recently saved me a boss fight in Bravely Default thanks to your overpowered special attack. So thanks. ;)

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
AmericanDJ AmericanDJ oh thank you! i remembered this was my avatar on Steam for like a year and a half, decided to change it up here too! your avatar is pretty great too haha

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Hey everyone how's life been? I've been kind of busy, it's hard to keep up with this thread sometimes. I've been watching AGDQ but for some reason it feels like it's not as good as the previous years. Stepmania was neat though.

Anyone here play Yokai watch? I've been on the fence about getting it. I like Japanese mythology and youkai. Anyone know if it's any good?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Here are all of the amiibo conversations in Fates with the fan translation, if you want to see them.

Anyone here play Yokai watch? I've been on the fence about getting it. I like Japanese mythology and youkai. Anyone know if it's any good?
It's such a fun game, I would recommend it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

on the topic of XCX music, you guys might like this video haha

also i have to say from what i've heard the music is really underwhelming if you're comparing it to XC, but the title theme is just amazing imo
NLA: New Luigi erA. The year is never over! :4luigi:

Also, when can we have Nintendo themed DLC for XCX?
Or even Smash related content? Like, Tomes would be a gun type if you have the Robin amiibo, you can have Shulk's clothing and the Monado if you have his amiibo, Mega Man will give you his Arm Cannon, Link's amiibo can give you the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield, and Cloud would give you the Buster Sword.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 I kinda wanna stop there if you dont mind. GGs
Yeah no worries GG's sorry about the lag and rage I possibly produced. I thought your Robin was fine in a few areas just you needed to be a pitbull more and be watching your opponent to pick up on habits and/or force them into awkward situations and controlling the stage as well. That's why i set arc fire alot below you alot when trying to land to sit on them or influence a action in which I can punish you like for example when I walked or empty jump to you and stand in front of your shield waiting for an action I punished you for a roll or a spot dodge. When you did have moments of being a pitbull you was capitalizing on it like offstage for example. Outside of that that's all I can think of atm have to sit on it for a few and see if i can bring up more points.

EDIT: Ok sitting on the matches and remembering everything pretty much what I said i still stand by it you also need to work on book catches and pressuring and mixing people up along with spacing and punishment that's why I said need to be a pitbull more sometimes cause alot of the time you threw out a side b I jumped and punished you or Nos you also need to get the feeling for Checkmate which is around 90-95 ish range in the ditto and earlier with enough rage and one time I grabbed you i conditioned you to jump cause of checkmate fear and clipped you with LS Uair when I read your jump which ties into watching people and influencing actions so you hit them hard or place them in dangerous positions. That's all I can put on my comments on matter hopefully it helps you out.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Yeah no worries GG's sorry about the lag and rage I possibly produced. I thought your Robin was fine in a few areas just you needed to be a pitbull more and be watching your opponent to pick up on habbits and/or force them into awkward situations and controlling the stage as well. That's why i set arc fire alot below you was landing to sit them or influence a action in which I can punish it. When you did have moments of being a pitbull you was capitalizing on it. Outside of that that's all I can think of atm have to sit on it for a few and see if i can bring up more points.
Eh, the lag could've partly been from my side too. It wasn't even too bad for the most part. And yeah, if you happen to think of more pointers for me, lemme know.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Here are all of the amiibo conversations in Fates with the fan translation, if you want to see them.

The part where Robin tells Corrin "Please, don't sacrifice your own life. As a simple tactician, that is my request" Just makes me think of any time where a unit dies.

Robin truly thinks what we think every time we lose a unit.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
The part where Robin tells Corrin "Please, don't sacrifice your own life. As a simple tactician, that is my request" Just makes me think of any time where a unit dies.

Robin truly thinks what we think every time we lose a unit.
I thought of the possible irony of that statement, myself. But that's also an interesting interpretation.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Eh, the lag could've partly been from my side too. It wasn't even too bad for the most part. And yeah, if you happen to think of more pointers for me, lemme know.
I edited my previous post which contains the updated info.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The Adventures of Xenoblade Chronicles X continues! For those with X, you know that revealing looking light armor you can buy? Well, I gave it to L because why not and it reminded me of Kill la Kill or to be more accurate...

With that in mind, I decided to torture Lao and Gwin and took them and L to a beach in Primordia!

I'm sure @Nudisto Shiza would love to get Xenoblade once I or someone else tells him he can do this in the game.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
In between getting stepped on by level 75 tyrants looking for their breakfast in Xenoblade X, and playing the new David Bowie album to death, I managed to finally knock off FE11
FE11_02.png

Next up is the last Japan-only title, and one of my personal favourites: 紋章の謎~光と影の英雄 (better known to you lot as New Mystery of the Emblem).

also, since someone will probably ask:
FE11_01.png

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
New Pokkén character to be announced on the fifteenth! WOOP WOOP! This time, it will have ラ in its name. Not sure who's eligible yet, but I'll look into it more.

Who's everybody hoping for?

Last edited:

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
New Pokkén character to be announced on the fifteenth! WOOP WOOP! This time, it will have ラ in its name. Not sure who's eligible yet, but I'll look into it more.

Who's everybody hoping for?
When Pokken was announced the only character I wanted was Weavile, so I'm already satisfied with the roster (even if it's pretty tiny). I've heard a lot of people speculating Heracross. I'd totally be all for that, Heracross is the best bug Pokemon. Objectively.

Top Bottom