• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hello @Major Solid! I will gladly contribute to your tag notifications! Have this gif of Cloud with special guest Sephiroth!

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Why play :4cloud:when you can play a much more attractive character, like:4robinf:/:4robinm:or even the most beautiful and cute character in the game: :4wario2:?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Why play :4cloud:when you can play a much more attractive character, like:4robinf:/:4robinm:or even the most beautiful and cute character in the game: :4wario2:?
Are you sure you don't want a cute Robin? Especially if we combine your main with Robin?
53233652_p6_master1200.jpg

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still find it hilarious hat there are so many people here in the Tobin Social thread who don't even play Robin who hell don't even play any of the FE characters. It's just like the Zelda Social.

Also, Kotor Kotor

If this isn't your avatar, then I'm gonna be upset
image.png

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

I think we all know who the REAL most beautiful/attractive/cute character is!

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Welcome, @Major Solid !

As I'm sure you figured out already, multi-posting is against site rules.

You're clearly very new and meant no harm by it, so I merged em together and I'm letting you off with a verbal warning. :]

I'm sure @Matsushi has probably spoken of me already, but I'm your sister's Sensei. :p

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, did Raziek stream some more matches? Dang, must have missed that.

Out of curiosity, what sort of insight on the Toon Link matchup did you get from the matches?
Oh, to answer this, the video is currently being pulled over from my Twitch to my Youtube.

We played for about 2 hours, then spent about 15-20 minutes covering a large number of match-up specific interactions in significant depth.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
I thought I was bad for multi posting but I see I've been outdone :v

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I should really get back into playing more Smash, but Xenoblade X is just sooo fun.

Though I'm not looking forward to having my wisdom teeth removed today...

But on the bright side, I can stay home the next few days and catch up on some anime and play X more. c:

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Since everyone is posting Cloud pictures for @Major Solid I might as well post this silly MS Paint drawing I did after the Smash Direct.

I have a lot of silly MS paint drawings. Maybe I'll share them all eventually.

Nah

Smash Champion
I take it this happens to you a lot

So Kotor Kotor , @AureusVulpes and another freind hung out at my place today.

We discovered that Robin doesn't survive getting spiked by Wii Fit Trainer into a Max Aura'd Aura Sphere from Lucario.
I don't think anyone survives that lol

Though I'm not looking forward to having my wisdom teeth removed today...

But on the bright side, I can stay home the next few days and catch up on some anime and play X more. c:
If they give you some serious painkillers, make sure to post in here while on them

it might be slightly amusing for the rest of us

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Got done with the operation, my mouth is all swolen and dry. But no horrible pain yet.

As for X, I really didn't like the main battle theme at first, buts it's been growing well on me a lot.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Xenoblade Chronicles X has really bad music so far.
Sure, the early tracks aren't standouts (though "really bad" is an overstatement in my opinion), but it gets a lot better later on. I'm also quite fond of the battle theme myself (still would rather not have the singing, though).
Got done with the operation, my mouth is all swolen and dry. But no horrible pain yet.

As for X, I really didn't like the main battle theme at first, buts it's been growing well on me a lot.

Nah

Smash Champion
I think the thing with the Xenoblade Chronicles X ost is the noticeably higher use of vocal tracks than in most games. It's not that vocal tracks are uncommon in general in games, just that when they get used each tracks gets used only like once or twice in the game. In Xenosaga 3, Godsibb, Fatal Fight, Hepatica, and Promised Pain are all vocal tracks (and I still can't tell if it's gibberish or an actual language), but they're all only used once each, for a specific boss fight. In XBCX it's common stuff like the NLA themes, the tyrant theme, the main battle theme, Wir Fliegen, etc, that's vocals.

I also have yet to hear a vocal track in Japanese....which is odd since in Japanese-made games, vocal tracks tend to be, y'know, in Japanese.

Don't mean to say that vocal tracks are bad (most of my favorites are vocal ones), just that it probably takes some getting used to how much they're used for some people.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I think the thing with the Xenoblade Chronicles X ost is the noticeably higher use of vocal tracks than in most games. It's not that vocal tracks are uncommon in general in games, just that when they get used each tracks gets used only like once or twice in the game. In Xenosaga 3, Godsibb, Fatal Fight, Hepatica, and Promised Pain are all vocal tracks (and I still can't tell if it's gibberish or an actual language), but they're all only used once each, for a specific boss fight. In XBCX it's common stuff like the NLA themes, the tyrant theme, the main battle theme, Wir Fliegen, etc, that's vocals.

I also have yet to hear a vocal track in Japanese....which is odd since in Japanese-made games, vocal tracks tend to be, y'know, in Japanese.
Little trivia.
The OST is composed by Hiroyuki Sawano. He is known as the composer for MANY anime OSTs like Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, and The Seven Deadly Sins.
He uses a lot of vocals because it's part of his style. And most of his vocals use English and German only. (He studied German overseas or something like that.)

The XCX OST contains no songs in Japanese. Heck, "Don't worry" actually has really weird lyrics despite it being good music-- we're too distracted with the gameplay to actually pay attention to the lyrics.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Xenoblade Chronicles X has really bad music so far.
Sounds like someone doesn't like being stuck on a whole different plaaaaannneeeet. :p

Anyways, I find the music from the original to be better and more catchy, but X's soundtrack does get better. I find the soundtrack to be good personally.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Sounds like someone doesn't like being stuck on a whole different plaaaaannneeeet. :p

Anyways, I find the music from the original to be better and more catchy, but X's soundtrack does get better. I find the soundtrack to be good personally.
The town music definitely takes the cake of being pretty annoying though, especially the nighttime one. I think it's an unanimous vote that the town music could've been better.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Little trivia.
The OST is composed by Hiroyuki Sawano. He is known as the composer for MANY anime OSTs like Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, and The Seven Deadly Sins.
He uses a lot of vocals because it's part of his style. And most of his vocals use English and German only. (He studied German overseas or something like that.)

The XCX OST contains no songs in Japanese. Heck, "Don't worry" actually has really weird lyrics despite it being good music-- we're too distracted with the gameplay to actually pay attention to the lyrics.
I'm only familiar with his work with Kill la Kill before Xenoblade. These are some tracks from Kill la kIll that use English and German vocals.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
The music in XCX is not bad by any means, it's really good, although I can see "monotonous" being used as a complaint. The music can get old quick if your focusing on it and not the game itself.
As what Izayoi Izayoi and Kotor Kotor have said (to avoid a :4greninja:'d moment), a lot of Sawano's work have either English or German lyrics in them from what I understand.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
The town music definitely takes the cake of being pretty annoying though, especially the nighttime one. I think it's an unanimous vote that the town music could've been better.
I really like the NLA theme, but I can see why some don't like it.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
on the topic of XCX music, you guys might like this video haha

also i have to say from what i've heard the music is really underwhelming if you're comparing it to XC, but the title theme is just amazing imo

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
on the topic of XCX music, you guys might like this video haha

also i have to say from what i've heard the music is really underwhelming if you're comparing it to XC, but the title theme is just amazing imo
If this was actually in-game I'd be triple the annoyed yet I'd stay because it's funny as heck. :substitute:

Top Bottom