• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All that I care about is Bayonetta

...**** Corrin
...**** Cloud

Bayonetta is Love, Bayonetta is Life

Nah

Smash Champion
So, am I missing something or does Corrin not get a character board? Because I can't find it...
Are the mods assuming all the Corrin mains are here anyways?
Maybe the admins are still in the middle of creating it. Or they forgot. I'm sure it'll be up sometime.

IS THIS REAL???? SOMEBODY PINCH ME AND MAKE SURE IM NOT DREAMING THIS! CAUSE IF THIS IS A DREAM THEN I DON'T WANNA WAKE UP! FEBRUARY SHALL BE THE GREATEST MONTH OF 2016!

oh wait you said pinch not punch

.....it's the thought that counts?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Sucks we didn't get Azura, Tiki, or Anna, but I'll take it.
Also, the lack of a new Fire Emblem stage. Maybe have the floating islands seen in the Fates trailers as a stage.

I can't do 8-player on Coliseum which has the Fates songs. Not even in Omega. I know Coliseum refers to the Arena from past Fire Emblem games but what about Castle Siege? What game is that stage based off of?

There's always this fanart trophy of Aqua.
Smash4Aqua.jpg
In fact, we know Ryoma and Xander are trophies. Why not Aqua/Azura as well?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
The broadcast was kinda underwhelming considering it was the last one but still...

I never cared for the Corrins or Bayonetta as playable characters and I could think of better choices, but the Corrins look fun to play and I'm going to play the **** out of Bayonetta even though I don't know jack about her (I still need to play the Bayonetta games :p).

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I can be at peace with Corrin.

It's not Isaac, but I can still live with him/her.

As for Bayonetta?

Meh. Could have done better, could have done worse.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A TRUE SECONDARY

Breaking up with ZSS in February to get some dual princess maining happening~

@Raziek despite that we never seem to agree with Robin's stance in the metagame, we shall settle this in a very Canadian way as true Canadians and show the world the powah of the FeMui :^)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
It's time someone here ask the very important questions. Might as well be me that starts it.
Now the English voice acting that we got from the trailer.

No no no. I'm not going on a rant on how inferior the English voice acting is compared to the Japanese. In fact, I have no issue with Sakura's English voice. I am much more interested in figuring out who's voicing who.

Now, we know Sakura will be voiced by Brianna Knickerbocker. That just leaves both Corrins, Elise, Xander and Ryoma Lobster Lord. Now, I am getting Chrom vibes from Lobster Lord so he's probably being voiced by Matthew Mercer. Xander and Lobster Lord sounded too similar that I couldn't tell who was saying what. It's certainly possible both big brothers are voiced by Mercer but we'll see. I got nothing on the Corrins and Elise.

Does anyone here recognize these voices from some other work?

Midgar is a giant let down... Only 2 songs!?
Even... even the Wii U version...

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Can I just go on a limb and say Corrin's release date is VERY appropriate?

Nah

Smash Champion
Xander and Ryoma/Lobster don't really sound that similar to me really. I'm not even sure if it's Matthew Mercer or not. But I'm wondering who is the VA for.....I don't even know what her name is, the Troubadour girl that is sometimes called a cinnamon bun. She sounds kinda familiar to me but I can't think of the VA

also my alert box is exploding from Corrin board stuff

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
:4corrin:YO! :4corrin:Did :4corrin:they :4corrin:just :4corrin:walk :4corrin:up :4corrin:slowly :4corrin:and :4corrin:get :4corrin:confirmed :4corrin:for :4corrin:Smash 4? :4corrin:

Sorry, I had to do it, forgive me!

:4bayonetta:: Do you want to dance?

Last edited:

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
She really is op though
Well, until we know what her numbers are like: how much damage she puts out, the window on the time slow duration recovering (remember, it decays with overuse unlike most counters, and doesn't last as long if the foe is low %), how high the opponent has to be before they're in kill %, what HER weight is, etc etc (you know, all the things we weren't shown in the trailer), the only universally terrifying thing she has is (time slow) -> (dsmash spike).

her combos look all terrifying and flashy, but what if each hit only does like 2-4%? a full 10 hit combo (which doesnt look like itll be terribly easy to pull of, mind) will only do 20-40% to the target. sure, that sounds terrifying, but if they screw up any part of that, it's possible she could get heavily punished.

As i said before, i'll wait until release to make my judgements.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, until we know what her numbers are like: how much damage she puts out, the window on the time slow duration recovering (remember, it decays with overuse unlike most counters, and doesn't last as long if the foe is low %), how high the opponent has to be before they're in kill %, what HER weight is, etc etc (you know, all the things we weren't shown in the trailer), the only universally terrifying thing she has is (time slow) -> (dsmash spike).

her combos look all terrifying and flashy, but what if each hit only does like 2-4%? a full 10 hit combo (which doesnt look like itll be terribly easy to pull of, mind) will only do 20-40% to the target. sure, that sounds terrifying, but if they screw up any part of that, it's possible she could get heavily punished.

As i said before, i'll wait until release to make my judgements.
People said Ryu would suck to...look what the hell happened. Sakurai already said that her combos take a while(which is alright, worth the payoff she'll give), which seems to also be her only weakness. That, and Sakurai wouldn't disappoint on his last character(Sonic in Brawl can be debatable due to rushing)

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I'll be getting Cloud later if anyone wants to test him out with me.

Still can't wait for face-toucher and the second coming of Dante(until Devil May Cry 5 is confirmed).

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I thought they english voice actor for Cloud (Steve Burton) Would be in smash 4. It's a shame that he's not doing it, but his *** voice is still nice, just a shame really, not a compliant.

Also, a quick **** post if I may
Press F to pay respects to Snake fans everywhere :'(

Burigu

Smash Ace
Avoiding the site for almost half a year since I don't trust a spoiler free Fates experience, but I have to come here and see the salty reaction in everyones faces in the glorious confirmation that is Corrin

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I'll be getting Cloud later if anyone wants to test him out with me.

Still can't wait for face-toucher and the second coming of Dante(until Devil May Cry 5 is confirmed).
I'm working on Cloud right now, the Cloud boards will probably have more and/or better information, but no harm in putting it here for others to see
Also @The Soulless One since I said I'd help you
[7:49:23 PM] Milo.: YO CLOUD'S DOWN THROW HAS LIKE NO BASE KNOCKBACK BUT CAN'T ACT OUT OF IT QUICK ENOUGH
[7:49:23 PM] Milo.: LMAO
[7:49:28 PM] Milo.: I have him btw
[7:49:32 PM] Milo.: gotta lab/practice him

[7:54:02 PM] Milo.: his up tilt is looking nice
[7:54:09 PM] Milo.: works looks toon links and links
[7:54:15 PM | Edited 7:54:27 PM] Milo.: can keep using it until the knock back is too high then up smash
[7:56:04 PM] ★Plαyεr: How's his down tilt?
[7:57:05 PM] Milo.: 7 percent, at low percent can follow up into up tilt
[7:57:10 PM | Edited 7:57:13 PM] Milo.: looks like the best option
[7:57:18 PM] Milo.: which can then lead to the strings
[7:57:49 PM] Milo.: doesn't look like he has a powerful killing aerial
[8:00:15 PM] Milo.: no kill throws
[8:00:40 PM] ★Plαyεr: No kill throws
[8:00:42 PM] ★Plαyεr: Hmmm
[8:00:52 PM] ★Plαyεr: How many kill options does he have
[8:01:00 PM] ★Plαyεr: Or at least how many reliable kill options
[8:01:22 PM] Milo.: checking now
[8:01:24 PM] Milo.: also has a wall jump
[8:01:34 PM] ★Plαyεr: Does he really need a wall jump
[8:01:43 PM] Milo.: LOL, I guess if you want to save the limit
[8:02:06 PM] ★Plαyεr: Might as well give Shulk a wall jump
[8:02:39 PM] Milo.: a decently fast pummel that does 3 percent too
[8:02:41 PM] Milo.: not bad
[8:02:53 PM | Removed 8:03:08 PM] ★Plαyεr: This message has been removed.
[8:03:04 PM] ★Plαyεr: Or at least chain jabs and then grab
[8:04:22 PM] Milo.: doesn't look like he can jab into grab, but it looks like he can chain grab at medium percents if they tech the down throw
[8:04:53 PM] Milo.: doesn't look like his grabs are useful at all yet

[8:08:02 PM] Milo.: finishing touch kills captain at 75% percent
[8:08:05 PM] Milo.: and it comes out pretty quick
[8:08:17 PM] ★Plαyεr: That's okay I guess
[8:08:28 PM] Milo.: looks like all of his killing moves are going to revolve around getting limit breaker
[8:08:37 PM] Milo.: no decent killing aerials, or kill throws

[8:11:40 PM] Milo.: up throw is his most damaging throw being 8 percent
[8:11:44 PM] Milo.: back throw does 6
[8:11:46 PM] Milo.: jab does 8
[8:11:48 PM] Milo.: all three hits
[8:11:52 PM] Milo.: f tilt does 11
[8:11:57 PM] Milo.: back air does 13
[8:12:04 PM] Milo.: up tilt does 8
[8:12:24 PM] Milo.: you can get 40 percent on the up tilt to up smash string
[8:12:32 PM] Milo.: nair does 8
[8:12:45 PM] Milo.: dair does 13
[8:13:26 PM] Milo.: side B does 19 damage for the whole thing and doesn't look like it needs to be timed
[8:13:32 PM] Milo.: if they're hit you get hit with the whole thing

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Avoiding the site for almost half a year since I don't trust a spoiler free Fates experience, but I have to come here and see the salty reaction in everyones faces in the glorious confirmation that is Corrin
Palutena's face says it all

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Sadly, I just experienced my first death and FE7 because an enemy just HAD to get a second hit on Sain.
I don't even have enough time to do the chapter again.
I feel sad.

R.I.P. Sain 2003-2015

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I just downloaded Cloud onto my 3DS. The CSS now has a tab that reads "Extra Fighters".

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I feel like I'm the only one who isn't too familiar with Corrin and Bayonetta but I'm more than happy to have them added to the Smash cast. I was personally hoping for Sora but I'm fine with what Sakurai's given us.

I played :4cloud:for a bit on the Wii U and he's really fun. Very solid power character with a lot of mix-ups thanks to the limit break feature.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm working on Cloud right now, the Cloud boards will probably have more and/or better information, but no harm in putting it here for others to see
Also @The Soulless One since I said I'd help you
[7:49:23 PM] Milo.: YO CLOUD'S DOWN THROW HAS LIKE NO BASE KNOCKBACK BUT CAN'T ACT OUT OF IT QUICK ENOUGH
[7:49:23 PM] Milo.: LMAO
[7:49:28 PM] Milo.: I have him btw
[7:49:32 PM] Milo.: gotta lab/practice him

[7:54:02 PM] Milo.: his up tilt is looking nice
[7:54:09 PM] Milo.: works looks toon links and links
[7:54:15 PM | Edited 7:54:27 PM] Milo.: can keep using it until the knock back is too high then up smash
[7:56:04 PM] ★Plαyεr: How's his down tilt?
[7:57:05 PM] Milo.: 7 percent, at low percent can follow up into up tilt
[7:57:10 PM | Edited 7:57:13 PM] Milo.: looks like the best option
[7:57:18 PM] Milo.: which can then lead to the strings
[7:57:49 PM] Milo.: doesn't look like he has a powerful killing aerial
[8:00:15 PM] Milo.: no kill throws
[8:00:40 PM] ★Plαyεr: No kill throws
[8:00:42 PM] ★Plαyεr: Hmmm
[8:00:52 PM] ★Plαyεr: How many kill options does he have
[8:01:00 PM] ★Plαyεr: Or at least how many reliable kill options
[8:01:22 PM] Milo.: checking now
[8:01:24 PM] Milo.: also has a wall jump
[8:01:34 PM] ★Plαyεr: Does he really need a wall jump
[8:01:43 PM] Milo.: LOL, I guess if you want to save the limit
[8:02:06 PM] ★Plαyεr: Might as well give Shulk a wall jump
[8:02:39 PM] Milo.: a decently fast pummel that does 3 percent too
[8:02:41 PM] Milo.: not bad
[8:02:53 PM | Removed 8:03:08 PM] ★Plαyεr: This message has been removed.
[8:03:04 PM] ★Plαyεr: Or at least chain jabs and then grab
[8:04:22 PM] Milo.: doesn't look like he can jab into grab, but it looks like he can chain grab at medium percents if they tech the down throw
[8:04:53 PM] Milo.: doesn't look like his grabs are useful at all yet

[8:08:02 PM] Milo.: finishing touch kills captain at 75% percent
[8:08:05 PM] Milo.: and it comes out pretty quick
[8:08:17 PM] ★Plαyεr: That's okay I guess
[8:08:28 PM] Milo.: looks like all of his killing moves are going to revolve around getting limit breaker
[8:08:37 PM] Milo.: no decent killing aerials, or kill throws

[8:11:40 PM] Milo.: up throw is his most damaging throw being 8 percent
[8:11:44 PM] Milo.: back throw does 6
[8:11:46 PM] Milo.: jab does 8
[8:11:48 PM] Milo.: all three hits
[8:11:52 PM] Milo.: f tilt does 11
[8:11:57 PM] Milo.: back air does 13
[8:12:04 PM] Milo.: up tilt does 8
[8:12:24 PM] Milo.: you can get 40 percent on the up tilt to up smash string
[8:12:32 PM] Milo.: nair does 8
[8:12:45 PM] Milo.: dair does 13
[8:13:26 PM] Milo.: side B does 19 damage for the whole thing and doesn't look like it needs to be timed
[8:13:32 PM] Milo.: if they're hit you get hit with the whole thing
I won't be able to even touch Cloud until tomorrow night because I still have finals to finish up. :c

Milo you must go on without me :c

But when I get home tomorrow we're going from 7:00 pm~ to 4:00 am boys LET'S GO.

D

Deleted member

I didn't respond to this earlier because of Crashboards, but damn...

First off, can I say that I am pleasantly surprised by Corrin's inclusion? I thought he would get in Smash 5, but even then that was a bit too late. With his gameplay in Smash, he looks amazing and I honestly can't wait to play as him. I know that FE has a lot of characters, but I don't care; I am excited for Fates and I like Corrin's design.
As for Bayonetta... I am less happy for. I just don't think that she is on the same scale as Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, and Cloud. She looks kinda OP though, mainly because she, like Ryu, has a combo game. She also looks very, very complex to play as.

I got my chance to play as Cloud and my god... he's amazing. He is super powerful and he has a ton of range. I played against a bunch of level 9s and I did pretty well with him. I'm honestly considering having him as a secondary, but I need to see how he fares against human opponents. However, having a Japanese voice actor only and 2 songs on Midgar bummed me out.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I haven't bought any dlc yet but I think I'm going to get Kamui/Corren. That moveset just looks so good with the reach and such.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Cloud feels really meh. Like "oh its cloud" "...yay"

To all of you dissing Bayo, I showed my cousin Bayonetta's fighter trailer and he got super excited.
EDIT: IM REALLY BURNED OUT FROM FINALS PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
Top Bottom