• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
The salt is going to be SO DELICIOUS!!! Holy crap!!!

Inkling is going to be confirmed now. I'm almost certain now!!!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well Bayonetta just got confirmed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Twitch is being a moron on my laptop... So, I'm getting fed news by other sources... Corrin and Bayonetta? That's 6 characters out of 7 DLC I still am not interested or was hyped about. Cloud of all people is the character that interests me and I never even played his game compared to the other 7! The irony of the current number 7... Anyway, Corrin's battle stance looks really... stupid. I don't know why that arm is just there. That being said, I do like how Corrin is a "transformation" character. By that, I'm talking about something like the characters from Soul Sacrifice, the characters from [PROTOTYPE], and like Venom and Carnage from Marvel comics who can transform parts or themselves entirely to attack.

As for Bayonetta... Nothing. Haven't seen anything about her, so I can't say anything other than I liked the combat from her game, but I hated the innuendos and QTEs.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
OK. When I scan my Corrin Amiibo into FE:Fates, that fourth option damn well better pop up.

That's all.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Corrin and Bayonetta?

Well, sorry to say but I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

I mean, Corrin's trailer is cool and all and it nice to see they are trying to add variety to the game but these 2...... I don't know, they just don't feel right.

But hey, at least the art works are amazing!

:135:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
And so Fire Emblem's playable character increases to six. :4robinf: and Femui make up 8. Now I can do a full 8-player Fire Emblem Smash!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Corrin is still unfortunately an eh name, and the male voice is still a bit cringy.

But that's why we have female Corrin, who sounds decent~

Where's my FemKamui SB icon?

Nah

Smash Champion
WAT

WAT

Corrin (I guess that really was the official English name) and Bayonetta? Was really not expecting that that. Or at least I wasn't expecting Bayonetta in get in. iirc she did have a fair bit of support but I thought for sure that other characters had more votes than her and that her coming from an M rated game might be a slight problem.

Not really interested in playing her though. But I am interested in playing Corrin. I wish that they were available tomorrow instead of February tho :c

......and Rosalina, you may or may not be be replaced as a main then

I dunno, i'll reserve judgement on Corrin, but he seems like he might be *too* strong.
idk, Bayonetta looks more like the OP one to me, with that time slow down thing

But Wolf... ;_;
Honestly I thought that if anyone was gonna get revealed in the Direct is was gonna be Wolf.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL THOUGHT THAT WE HAD ENOUGH FIRE EMBULL CHARACTERS?

REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL THOUGHT THAT BAYONETTA HAD NO CHANCE BECAUSE SHE'S TOO MATURE FOR SM4SH?

REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL THOUGHT THAT EITHER WOLF, SNAKE, K. ROOL, OR -insert popular choice/indie here- WAS GONNA MAKE IT?

Today will forever be known as the day that Crashboards erupted in a geyser of salt, excitement, and all kinds of emotions. Funny enough, I actually voted for Corrin during the Smash Ballot insanity. Say what you want, but Corrin and Bayonetta are going to be insane to play as!

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Really Sakurai?
I mean, I'm happy for Corrin and all and I'm glad that he's in, but people were complaining enough before about FE bias...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
As always the Smash memes strike.
IMG_20151215_230056.jpg

Honestly expected Hades at first with Bayo's trailer.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Well it's safe to say NO ONE say the last three DLC characters coming. (It would have been 5 if Roy and Ryu didn't leak) While I personally don't want another FE character, he still looks fun (and really good), so I can't say it was a completely bad idea. Honestly, the last five characters we've gotten have all been really good, the last three especially look like they'll be great.

The face of a man who knows what he's done

Last edited:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Corrin is a derivative of the name Quirinus otherwise known as Janus, the Roman god of paths. It's a fitting name I suppose.

He's actually the character I look forward to playing the most because he's got ZSS's paralyzer, a stupid mix up option that looks good on shield, and marth's range and tipper but more of each, I think he's actually the most powerful out of the bunch because his footsies game is going to be so insane. Plus he's got a chainsaw sword, the best kind of sword.

Nah

Smash Champion
I have to admit though, I am a little surprised that they'd give us another Fire Emblem character. I figured that they wouldn't do any more Fire Emblem stuff after Roy, that they would've felt that they gave the series enough love in Smash by going from 2 reps in Brawl to 4 in Smash 4, and then adding another one via DLC.

Now we pray that Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta are all good but not ****ing stupid.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
So, am I missing something or does Corrin not get a character board? Because I can't find it...
Are the mods assuming all the Corrin mains are here anyways?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Wait, it makes sense now:

In all seriousness though, Corrin came out exactly how I expected him to be; A half-dragon swordsman who can transform parts of his body to attack and has the same alt setups as Robin. He's by and far one of the most unique swordfighters in the game. Sucks we didn't get Azura, Tiki, or Anna, but I'll take it.

And Bayonetta's moveset just screams TOP TIER CHARACTER! Her aerial game is going to be insanity once she comes out in February. She's the breakout star out of the entire trio IMO.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Corrin and Bayonetta.

Corrin and Bayonetta.

CORRIN AND BAYONETTA!

CORRIN AND BAYONETTA!!!!!

IS THIS REAL???? SOMEBODY PINCH ME AND MAKE SURE IM NOT DREAMING THIS! CAUSE IF THIS IS A DREAM THEN I DON'T WANNA WAKE UP! FEBRUARY SHALL BE THE GREATEST MONTH OF 2016!

*deep breaths* *deep breaths* *deep breaths*

Sorry, but I just had to. NOTHING could have prepared me for that. I had hoped for Kamui / Corrin, but they were in the back of my mind, in the "What If" or "Future Smash Game" category. I NEVER would have guessed they'd make their debut in Smash this soon! And Bayonetta? The sexy witch herself?! Obviously a popular character, but I NEVER imagined she would snipe the Character Ballot! A moment of silence for all the other brave souls who will have to wait another day for their chances.

BACK TO THE HYPE!

Corrin is joining my Smash roster, no questions asked! While my heart still belongs to the frog, Corrin has come closer than ANYONE ELSE IN THIS ROSTER TO DETHRONING GRENINJA AS MY MAIN!

I'm still in shock. Time to go rewatch the trailers a thousand times till February rolls around!
Christmas came early.

Dual maining the **** out of FCorrin. My god.
You and me both! HIGH FIVE!

Last edited:
Top Bottom