• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Soul.

I would love For Glory if it wasn't:
- Full of scrubs. Most of the time. And if you end up losing, the scrub thinks he's the best.
- Braindead strategies. Like, can't you mix up your game!?!?!?
- Random matchmaking sucks.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I find it hilarious how bad scrub level :4ness::4wiremac::4link: are. They the most predictable patterns and the good ones are rare as hell.

And then there are tryhard :4falcon::4mario:&:4greninja:.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How can you tell what a Mii's gender is on For Glory? Or do people just guess based on what they look like? As far as I can tell, it doesn't show the lower half of the Mii's body (males have trousers, females have skirts), and there doesn't seem to be any other distinguishing features.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How can you tell what a Mii's gender is on For Glory? Or do people just guess based on what they look like? As far as I can tell, it doesn't show the lower half of the Mii's body (males have trousers, females have skirts), and there doesn't seem to be any other distinguishing features.
I have a Tomboy Mii with that situation.

She has boyish features but a skirt. Her name is Katrina

D

Deleted member

Yeah that's right. It's the norm I see whenever I go on FG unfortunately. >__>
I remember a friend of mine lost to a girl and they went, "HAHAHA! YOU LOST TO A GIRL."
That's sad.

I find it hilarious how bad scrub level :4ness::4wiremac::4link: are. They the most predictable patterns and the good ones are rare as hell.

And then there are tryhard :4falcon::4mario:&:4greninja:.
You forget the disrespectful Ganondorfs, the Abadango wannabe Pac-Men, and Noobtwo.

Don't also forget about the bandwagoners who play some top tier character.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
I remember a friend of mine lost to a girl and they went, "HAHAHA! YOU LOST TO A GIRL."
That's sad.

You forget the disrespectful Ganondorfs, the Abadango wannabe Pac-Men, and Noobtwo.

What if the "girl" wasn't a girl? Online no one knows you're actually Wario. :4wario2:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well my Mii is an exaggerated depiction of myself.

Just tack on brown hair and glasses and you've got a fairly realistic interpretation of yours truly~

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's sad.

Most Ganondorfs are wannabe disrespects. They end up getting floored trying to act like he's hardcore.

They are the Captain Falcon type, looking for the highlight reel moment

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Ganondorf is super fun to play as... especially when going for the disrespects
But I try to style on opponents with everyone anyways

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
Scrub Links are bad.
I feel incredibly sad whenever I see a scrub-tier :4pikachu: though
90% of Links seem to follow a terrible flowchart of "Spam arrows/boomerang/bombs at a distance, smash attacks up close." I feel like it's a common trait for Toon Links and Links altogether and it really sickens me sometimes, but Toon Link definitely fall into those tactics, it boggles my mind why people play that way and I don't know... work on improving and not being the status quo?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Whenever I encounter a Pit on For Glory, I critique their moves and judge how they play.

That said, I can count on my left hand how many times I've seen Pit online.

Dark Pit, on the other hand...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
For Glory ay its finest. Also dont forgot scrub FG Luigi's Zss and Roy's as well.
Scrub level :4marth::4feroy::4lucina: is great to fight. Especially the counter spamming ones.

FG Marths don't know how to properly space and Shield-Breaker spam Lucina is crazy.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Whenever I encounter a Pit on For Glory, I critique their moves and judge how they play.

Side B spamming? :c

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Odd. I've seen Pit way more than Dark Pit. I've seen like five Dark Pits...most of those are me when I select random lol.

Soul.

90% of Links seem to follow a terrible flowchart of "Spam arrows/boomerang/bombs at a distance, smash attacks up close." I feel like it's a common trait for Toon Links and Links altogether and it really sickens me sometimes, but Toon Link definitely fall into those tactics, it boggles my mind why people play that way and I don't know... work on improving and not being the status quo?
It's the kind of thing that ruins the Links' reputation, imo. If they could mix up their game, that'd be nice of them. But you know scrubs claim to be the best for vague reasons.

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
One character that's a little notorious I've been noticing is Lucas. But... less Mr. G&W's though, weird!

It's the kind of thing that ruins the Links' reputation, imo. If they could mix up their game, that'd be nice of them. But you know scrubs claim to be the best for vague reasons.
Sounds like I need to represent Link a LITTLE more on FG for a bit, I've been having too much playing as Crow Falco and well... my Link game could get better honestly.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Isn't your Mii a female?
That man is a sexist.

I remember on the day of the patch, I saw a million Robins in Spectator Mode.
I think that this isn't too far off as to what a For Glory Robin looks like.
I can't tell if it's good or bad that Robin finally has a For Glory Stereotype.
ARE WE FINALLY GOOD ENOUGH!?!??!

Soul.

One character that's a little notorious I've been noticing is Lucas. But... less Mr. G&W's though, weird!

Sounds like I need to represent Link a LITTLE more on FG for a bit, I've been having too much playing as Crow Falco and well... my Link game could get better honestly.
Since you mentioned Falco, scrub-tier Falco "mains" are unfortunately bad. Laser spam all day.

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
Since you mentioned Falco, scrub-tier Falco "mains" are unfortunately bad. Laser spam all day.
Surprisingly, I don't run into many bad Falcos, but yeah... it's easy to see a good Falco from a bad.

The worst though, is Mario scrubs. Being a Mario main, it infuriates me how many usually stick to down-throw, up-tilt shenanigans like it's a flotation device. Mario is certainly a little deeper than that and it's more of how you follow up after you get the basics down, and of course, spacing and gimping. Robin though, I haven't seen enough FG Robin to find a predictable pattern. I guess that's one reason why I'm posting here, at least Robin isn't with some shame attached to him; thanks to his more complex playstyle.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Surprisingly, I don't run into many bad Falcos, but yeah... it's easy to see a good Falco from a bad.

The worst though, is Mario scrubs. Being a Mario main, it infuriates me how many usually stick to down-throw, up-tilt shenanigans like it's a flotation device. Mario is certainly a little deeper than that and it's more of how you follow up after you get the basics down, and of course, spacing and gimping. Robin though, I haven't seen enough FG Robin to find a predictable pattern. I guess that's one reason why I'm posting here, at least Robin isn't with some shame attached to him; thanks to his more complex playstyle.
You could fight my Robin.

Or, as it's better known, "The hell is resource management?"

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I have never seen any Falco spam lasers.
Why would any Falco spam lasers?

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
You could fight my Robin.

Or, as it's better known, "The hell is resource management?"
That would be pretty sweet, I plan to play some Smash in about an hour or so Gotta get food first though, hungering for CHINESE!

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I always seem to get unlucky with opponents on FG. Realistically I think the ratio of good to bad players I encounter is roughly 1:6.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I went and took :4littlemac: for a spin on FG just a little bit ago.

First match I went and Side-B'd off the ledge and was like "NO I JUST SIDE-B'D OFF THE LEDGE LIKE THOSE ****TY MACS EVERYONE MAKES FUN OF FML:c" But then I sorta redeemed myself by beating the guy in the next 2 matches and even landing a KO Punch. I'm just surprised I even won any matches with Mac.

But god is he so bad in the air. I suppose I have a slight preference for the ground but even so I still like to be able to something in the air.

@ Waddler-D Waddler-D There's plenty of Robins here to fight. I'd be willing to do matches with you sometime if you want (not like I'm very good but....)

I have never seen any Falco spam lasers.
Why would any Falco spam lasers?
idk, Falco could spam lazers in Brawl, but yeah, people shouldn't spam Falco's blaster in Smash 4

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That would be pretty sweet, I plan to play some Smash in about an hour or so Gotta get food first though, hungering for CHINESE!
Oh, I was being facetious. I am an awful Robin.

Plus it'd bedtime for me anyway, so gute nacht, meine freunde~ ;3

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
idk, Falco could spam lazers in Brawl, but yeah, people shouldn't spam Falco's blaster in Smash 4
If I see a Falco spam lasers like its Brawl I just wanna
2h3rdaa.png

Melee Falco never died.
Melee Falco wasn't as laser happy as Happy Trigger Finger Brawl Falco. =P
His whole game in Brawl was basically *pew pew* *pew pew* and chaingrabs.

Last edited:

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
Oh, I was being facetious. I am an awful Robin.

Plus it'd bedtime for me anyway, so gute nacht, meine freunde~ ;3
Understandable, maybe another time then! Have a good night!

@ Nah Nah Sure, we could do that, I'll be playing on FG and maybe getting some friend matches set up, NNID is Waddler-D, pretty straightforward!

Falco's laser should be used as a punishing and a mindgame tool. I like to use it from time to time to keep an opening on their toes and to add up the damage when they make a mistake. Also good for some gimps from time to time!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I went and took :4littlemac: for a spin on FG just a little bit ago.

First match I went and Side-B'd off the ledge and was like "NO I JUST SIDE-B'D OFF THE LEDGE LIKE THOSE ****TY MACS EVERYONE MAKES FUN OF FML:c" But then I sorta redeemed myself by beating the guy in the next 2 matches and even landing a KO Punch. I'm just surprised I even won any matches with Mac.

But god is he so bad in the air. I suppose I have a slight preference for the ground but even so I still like to be able to something in the air.
I am terrible with Little Mac. And that's because I don't have a preference for the ground. If I'm not in the air, I'm not happy.
So Mac is not a good fit for me.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I am terrible with Little Mac. And that's because I don't have a preference for the ground. If I'm not in the air, I'm not happy.
So Mac is not a good fit for me.
I'm the absolute opposite considering I jump around in other fighters by Smash, I need to stay on the ground to make sure my playstyle doesn't screw up.

It's why my mains have a strong presence on the ground. That said, the air isn't bad

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
I met ZeRo in semis. Probably wouldn't have gotten 2-stocked had it not been laggy, but he beat my Jr. as Doc. And then I got pooped on in the chat lmao.

Top Bottom