• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Way better on 3DS, I've heard.
Now why is Revelations 2 not on 3DS? Beats me.
The original version of Revelations worked better because it was a pretty short game(for RE standards, but still long enough to have connect 4 and 5 together), and the graphics looked like an HD game on the system. Mix that with really great controls and the game colors being darker than the others, perfection.

Capcom said they had problems porting an HD version of the game ono the 3DS. Noone wanted to do a lazy port or a crappy handheld version that's nowhere close to the game, so they canceled it. Yet a Wii U version was never considered.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The original version of Revelations worked better because it was a pretty short game(for RE standards, but still long enough to have connect 4 and 5 together), and the graphics looked like an HD game on the system. Mix that with really great controls and the game colors being darker than the others, perfection.

Capcom said they had problems porting an HD version of the game ono the 3DS. Noone wanted to do a lazy port or a crappy handheld version that's nowhere close to the game, so they canceled it. Yet a Wii U version was never considered.
Ok, well, here's the question I should be asking.
Where the **** is a Wii U version??

D

Deleted member

I rarely experience moods to be honest. I'm never in a good or bad mood. I just do what I feel like.
As an extreme contrast I go through mood swings as if it were my job.

It makes life so much fun.

/sarcasm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
As an extreme contrast I go through mood swings as if it were my job.

It makes life so much fun.

/sarcasm.
Eh, Life can be so much fun in any way. I mean I'm glad my grandma has lived for 90 years, but I'm also waiting and dreading the day when she has to go.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 68529
no
Sigurd
you mustn't enter that castle
it's too hot in there
Ah that scene, I don't any videogame has had the guts to do what they did here. Alvis is a jerk and then some. I'm not sure which half of genealogy is better though, I think it's one of the easier FEs in general though because you get so many strong units like Sigurd and Sety who can lowman the game like nobody's business.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Ah that scene, I don't any videogame has had the guts to do what they did here. Alvis is a jerk and then some. I'm not sure which half of genealogy is better though, I think it's one of the easier FEs in general though because you get so many strong units like Sigurd and Sety who can lowman the game like nobody's business.
My avatar is crying.
:sadsheep:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
How's it going folks, I'm on break and I just wanted to check in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

GG @XenoBrawler610! Gotta work on that Pikachu matchup lol.

@ Koiba Koiba , if you're ready, I'll play you :p
Good games to you, too! Sorry about my sloppy play. I'm normally better than that...

You have an amazing Robin and Shulk. They're miles better than whenever I play them (I can't MALLC for my life...).

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
GGs @ Koiba Koiba ! Unfortunate lag spikes here and there, but those were some fun battles. Nice Pokemon, btw :4pikachu::4jigglypuff:
Good games to you, too! Sorry about my sloppy play. I'm normally better than that...

You have an amazing Robin and Shulk. They're miles better than whenever I play them (I can't MALLC for my life...).
Aww, thanks! Frankly, my MALLCing skills are pretty low, and I know I haven't even scratched the surface of its applications, though it's pretty flashy MALLCing Bair into grab haha

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
GGs @ Koiba Koiba ! Unfortunate lag spikes here and there, but those were some fun battles. Nice Pokemon, btw :4pikachu::4jigglypuff:

Aww, thanks! Frankly, my MALLCing skills are pretty low, and I know I haven't even scratched the surface of its applications, though it's pretty flashy MALLCing Bair into grab haha
ggs to yew too~

My Pika got 2 stocked by your checkmate :4robinf: XD

And my :rosalina: died of her recovery in the first 5 seconds :p

You have an amazing :4robinm: btw~ :happysheep:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
What is MALLC? I'm quite new to Smash competitive terms.
Monado Art Landing Lag Cancel. Basically you can nullify landing by timing the activation of any monado art such that it activates while shulk is experiencing landing lag. This is because When shulk isn't engaging in action, he will do the arts respective pose, which is cancellable into any action (moving, jumping, shielding, attacking, you name it). Hope I helped :colorful:

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
Hey guys, I thought I'd post here since I've heard some good things about this social thread from a friend of mine here. Robin has tempted me a couple of times and I've been getting a little more and more serious about improving on him. Also, for those that are trying to improve on their Robin, I do play a LARGE number of characters competently, so you'd certainly get some decent match-up experience.

Anyway, enough about myself, how are you all cruising today?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
i swear sometimes i really hate the name stuff in smash
first person to match up on FG
"GO-KITCHEN", "W-word" "HAHAHAHAHA"

dammit nintendo

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I love Star Fox: Assault so I agree with this. Also your signature is legit as anything.
Yay~ :b: And Thanks! ...I some how completely forgot to mention the Sin & Punishment games...

Also: FE Awakening, the Metroid Prime games and most of the DK 2D platform games.

I'd like to play Resident Evil 4 and Castlevania SotN sometime.
View attachment 68529
no
Sigurd
you mustn't enter that castle
it's too hot in there
I think I understand that reference...unfortunately. I got spoiled... I need to finish what I started...

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
That moment when a Bowser side-b's, both of you have 1 life, and you make him suicide to win the match.
Wonderful.

D

Deleted member

That moment when a Bowser side-b's, both of you have 1 life, and you make him suicide to win the match.
Wonderful.
I remember a match on For Glory where I fought this Bowser and I made him side B into the pit both times and won.
It was great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Isn't your Mii a female?
That man is a sexist.

I remember on the day of the patch, I saw a million Robins in Spectator Mode.
I think that this isn't too far off as to what a For Glory Robin looks like.
I usually did the D-Throw into Full Charged D-Smash.
Falls for it everytime

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I remember when I let my noobish friend play For Glory with my 3DS.
He played only Bowser and did nothing by side B. It was funny. He won way more than he should have. Which was once.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My brother told me the reason people are nice to me on For Glory is because my Mii is female.

I had to admit it was a pretty intense epiphany for me.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
I once got a guy who did Bowser's side-B non-stop for about 10 straight games, and never learned his lesson despite losing every single time
He was pretty good tbh, he wasn't spamming.
When we went 1-1 I was just baiting with the shield and saying "get over here!" near the edge.

Top Bottom