• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
FE is getting weird.
Fates is shaping up to be such a beautiful shark-jump for IS. The designers convened one day after work, weary with the crushing burden of Nintendo's expected sales for their new FE title. What they had was serviceable, if not especially innovative; a true follow-up to Awakening. It would sell, sure, but all of them knew it would never surpass its predecessor. And in that one moment of weakness, the starkness of reality sewed the seeds of dissent in their hearts. "NO." they said. "We will not succumb to mediocrity! We are Intelligent Systems, and Fire Emblem is our creation. It is ours to create... and to destroy." For what burns brighter than the spirit of rebellion? Is not the flame of the Phoenix mode most beautiful at the eve of its demise? Will a waifu, in fact, blend?

I'm sorry.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sadly, Ike just gets a cleaned up The Devoted, Lucina gets Champion, and Robin gets Id ~ Hope. No remixes for them.

Marth's is actually a remix of the original battle theme from FE1, but this remix is completely new. Marth won big.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sadly, Ike just gets a cleaned up The Devoted, Lucina gets Champion, and Robin gets Id ~ Hope. No remixes for them.

Marth's is actually a remix of the original battle theme from FE1, but this remix is completely new. Marth won big.
Are you ****ting me? Ike got The Devoted. I'd say Ike won big.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP

That's disappointing. At least Id ~ Hope is getting some love. I really wanted it in smash but oh well.

In regards to spoilers, I actually really want to be spoiled in terms of music. Gives me a taste of the game without actually knowing anything too concrete unless the title is too specific.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I seriously don't want to spoil myself, so bye Smashboards for the next year :4dedede:
Good timing. I was about to post more.
*MORE MASSIVE SPOILERS*
Third Path has you not choose Hoshido or Nohr. You ultimately unite all 8 siblings together, but some units you get in other Paths die. Most notably Crimson.
For those who clicked through and saw the spoilers, if you are about to talk about those spoilers, make sure your sentence is in a spoiler box and warn people.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
That's disappointing. At least Id ~ Hope is getting some love. I really wanted it in smash but oh well.

In regards to spoilers, I actually really want to be spoiled in terms of music. Gives me a taste of the game without actually knowing anything too concrete unless the title is too specific.
Well if that Marth Theme is any indication this games gonna have an absolutely stellar soundtrack!
(OST CD for preorder bonus please?)
I seriously don't want to spoil myself, so bye Smashboards for the next year :4dedede:
~ BABY COME BACK! ~

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Someone has taken this marriage S-supporting business quite far...
VERY DAMN FAR
Anyone salty about this? :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

Good timing. I was about to post more.
*MORE MASSIVE SPOILERS*
Third Path has you not choose Hoshido or Nohr. You ultimately unite all 8 siblings together, but some units you get in other Paths die. Most notably Crimson.
For those who clicked through and saw the spoilers, if you are about to talk about those spoilers, make sure your sentence is in a spoiler box and warn people.
I had a feeling the third path would be the neutral one and would act like this.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Not sure if I should just click the spoilers and get it over with.

Don't think I'm gonna last a full year with Fates spoilers all over the internet. >w<;;

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, personality it all feels very FE to me. If anything, it's just taking things it's been doing all along and showing people "hey we've been doing this, so let's make it more apparent."

Awkward Incest was a thing back since Thracia, and Sacred Stones is notorious for it's whole Ephraim x Erika stuff. Also there's the whole Raven x Priscilla support in FE7. So it's not really like incest is new to Fire Emblem.

Waifu & Husbandos being around isn't all that new, considering past FE games also had pairings. Roy himself has the most marriage candidates out of any Fire Emblem lord that isn't an avatar (I think he can choose between like 6-8 girls? I forget).

I do have to admit though, I kind of don't want to play as an avatar in all my games, so I would appreciate a bit more return to form, but I kind of doubt that'll happen given avatar making is quite the rage. At the very least, I would prefer it if my avatar wasn't a main character.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Kinda bummed that the Title theme isn't the Fire Emblem Main Theme despite how good Aqua's song is. The Fire Emblem them is, quite honestly, one of the greatest themes ever composed and if it doesn't show up anywhere in the game I will be deeply disappointed.

Matsushi

True Blood
@ Matsushi Matsushi @Moydow

It may not be his game, but the Hero-King got an original theme song in Fates anyway.

http://picosong.com/gJRX/

Petition to get this in Smash plz.

Ohmygod thank you so much for tagging me.

Just, I'm listening to this and, the Marth feelings. They're too strong. IT'S SO GOOD HOLY DAMN.
Yeah, the lag sucks :/ A lot of the time, it was like "okay, now I want a tilt-- NO MARTH WHY ARE YOU DOING F-SMASH" or "jump... jump... jumpjumpjUMPJUMP NOOOO"
and I still have no clue how to fight :4wiifitm:
but good games all round! All your characters were amazingly good :estatic:
GGs also @XenoBrawler610, especially that :4luigi:. I'm guessing you left because of the lag?

Oh wow, this is wonderful. All my yeses o.o
(you also just reminded me I need to update the match-up thread for this week. Been busy with server problems all weekend :/ )
Yeah, that's very true. My f-smash inputs repeatedly came out as jabs which was very frustrating. Ay, thank you very much though! If you ever need some help with the :4wiifitm: MU, simply ask! I'd be much obliged to be of service.
I really could have done better though... I noticed how mindless I was and I just couldn't handle Robin...
Good games.
No worries! We all have those bad days, it's completely natural! Also, the lag was rather brutal, so it's completely understandable. Just don't beat yourself up over it. ^^

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
The Iwata Asks segment on Fire Emblem Fates completely showed me that this game is going to be amazing. They even acknowledged Awakening's cliche story, and how the story in Fates was a huge focus. The man they hired to write the story, Shin Kabayashi, is apparently a really famous author/manga writer in Japan. Iwata even stated " I don't think many people in Japan have made it to adulthood without encountering any of Kibayashi-san's work." Here is the interview: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/fire-emblem-fates/0/1

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Finally got around to listening to the title screen theme after listening to Marth's boss theme ad nauseam. I honestly haven't listened to a title screen theme this beautiful since Kingdom Hearts or FF X-2's Memories of Light.

Maybe, just maybe, if people spent more time listening to the absolutely enchanting title screen theme and the majestic track befitting only for the Hero-King, their hype wouldn't have been so easily extinguished by recent controversies.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Wait... so Fire Emblem Fates may be rated M... holy crap... that makes me worried about how well this game will perform sales wise.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Wait... so Fire Emblem Fates may be rated M... holy crap... that makes me worried about how well this game will perform sales wise.
What makes me worry if the amount of content is going to be cut for the American version, I know there's the fact of cultural things and etc but still.

And here's full of FE Fates spoilers, it's like dodging a lot of bullets, I hope I don't get a major spoiler while I wait for the game to be released here.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wait what? I'm cherry picking?

That's literally the third song I found so far, lol. I'm just going through them.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I wonder if Sakurai will post anything about Fates on its release day. Knowing him, he'd probably pick up the game Day 1.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, Marth got a boss theme?

But if that's the case...

Can anyone confirm if they did the same with Robin?

Centicerise

Smash Cadet
NNID
harubanana732
At first I was contemplating over how they incorporated same sex marriage (the choices for it are severely limited), but I think that having limited options locked to characters that are interested in that type of relationship makes a lot of sense. Being able to same sex marriage everyone could give a sense of being overtly artificial and contrived.
Though I would've liked to see more on this subject, keeping it genuine rather than feeling tacked on is a legitimate concern.

Overall I think this is a pretty progressive step for Nintendo and it makes me want to overlook the more fanservice heavy features they added.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
o m g. I'm happy beyond belief that there's going to be same sex marriage in Fates. It might be a bit restrictive on who you can marry but at least they made an effort to include it.

I can't wait to see the Internet blow up with people complaining about this :secretkpop:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

D

Deleted member

No worries! We all have those bad days, it's completely natural! Also, the lag was rather brutal, so it's completely understandable. Just don't beat yourself up over it. ^^
I just went into For Glory and I did fine, but I didn't feel satisfied. I'm honestly a very pessimistic person...

Robin has the original version of Id~Hope apparently.

That's a big thing.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
At first I was contemplating over how they incorporated same sex marriage (the choices for it are severely limited), but I think that having limited options locked to characters that are interested in that type of relationship makes a lot of sense. Being able to same sex marriage everyone could give a sense of being overtly artificial and contrived.
Though I would've liked to see more on this subject, keeping it genuine rather than feeling tacked on is a legitimate concern.

Overall I think this is a pretty progressive step for Nintendo and it makes me want to overlook the more fanservice heavy features they added.
Except for the face rubbing thing, I think the fanservice has been pretty tame compared to awakening.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Nintendo has confirmed same-sex marriage will be included in addition to confirming the version split.

Okay, I figured out who the characters are.
In Nohr, you can S-rank Dio Zero with either gender.

In Hoshido, it's Sharra, Tharja's lookalike.
I'm really happy that they have same-sex marriage options, even if they are limited.
Tharja's expy swings both ways? That..... makes a lot of sense.
For gods sake, this song plays on the map.

I need this OST inside me.
This song is literally kicking my ass right now. It's SO DAMN AMAZING! Can this be the theme song of life? Imagine how epic everyday activities would be with this song playing in the background!
@Zantetsugun I like your avatar. That artist is really good! Right?
Yeah I really like his artstyle.

Top Bottom