• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Matsushi

True Blood
It literally warms my heart that same-sex marriage has been confirmed, the fact that they're willing to explore a more diverse idea of marriage rather then just a man and woman getting together makes me incredibly happy. I do hope that this becomes a reoccurring thing for the next few Fire Emblem games to come, but we'll see.
I just went into For Glory and I did fine, but I didn't feel satisfied. I'm honestly a very pessimistic person...
Aw, I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Hopefully we'll be able to play again soon under less laggier circumstances. That said, just don't feel bad about it. Here, have a happy sheep! :happysheep:

Well, I must be off now. I wish you all a very goodnight, lovely tacticians!

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
I cannot put into words how happy I am about same-sex marriage has been confirmed~

I was actually thinking earlier today how wonderful it would be if that were to become a thing in Fire Emblem in the future. And then this happens...

It's like a sign from Naga herself that I absolutely need this game in my life. ;w;

Oh this is so wonderful~

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I've been avoiding FE Fates spoilers but I'd like an answer to just oooone little thing...
is there same sex marriage?
'
Update
Apparently M!Kamui can actually S-Support with Zero, and F!Kamui can S-Support with Not!Tharja

D

Deleted member

I'm going through another one of those phases where no one on the roster but :4link: seems to "click" with me or feel good to play in general.

Send help agh ;_;.

D

Deleted member

I'm going through another one of those phases where no one on the roster but :4link: seems to "click" with me or feel good to play in general.

Send help agh ;_;.
I know that feel.
You try to play other characters and try to get good with them, but the one that clicks with you will always be your best no matter how hard you try...
It's torture.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Just read the article. The part where Kibayashi talks about how his daughter convinced him to take the job of writing If's story is sweet. (paraphrasing now)

"Is Awakening really that fun?" "Yeah dad, but the story is a bit cliche and you can probably make a better story. So take the job!" (Proceeds to pester her father whenever he was writing the script for If).

Adorable.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Have you seen some of his Robin pictures? Those are some of my favorites.
Yes I've seen a few of them.
Ten Gold and a Second Seal says @ Matsushi Matsushi has the Marth remix on repeat and is using it as a lullaby right now.
Safest bet ever.
The match-up thread has been updated. This week's opponent is :4yoshi:
(I may have overdone the egg puns, they're not exactly cracking material)
Nice yolk, but you should go for more eggsistential comedy.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I wonder if he does commissions
Do you know @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun ?
I believe that he does, but I don't know for sure.
Just read the article. The part where Kibayashi talks about how his daughter convinced him to take the job of writing If's story is sweet. (paraphrasing now)

"Is Awakening really that fun?" "Yeah dad, but the story is a bit cliche and you can probably make a better story. So take the job!" (Proceeds to pester her father whenever he was writing the script for If).

Adorable.
Bless that girl. What an awesome story!
Be careful with the puns man. We wouldn't want to egg @The Soulless One on now would we?
I wouldn't dream of it! We would all be shells of our former selves without him around!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>gay relationships are finally allowed in FE (first panel)
>Camilla and Silas confirmed not gay (second panel)

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I believe that he does, but I don't know for sure.

Bless that girl. What an awesome story!

I wouldn't dream of it! We would all be shells of our former selves without him around!
I do enjoy our pun conversations @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun . And mark my words, one day, when @The Soulless One isn't here, we will have a pun battle just to see who eggxactly of the two of us deserves the title "Master of Puns." I just hope when that day comes, I don't end up scrambling my puns.

And speaking of dreams, I really should be going to bed soon, haha.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do enjoy our pun conversations @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun . And mark my words, one day, when @The Soulless One isn't here, we will have a pun battle just to see who eggxactly of the two of us deserves the title "Master of Puns." I just hope when that day comes, I don't end up scrambling my puns.
Next person to throw an egg pun gets poached.

You won't be waking sunny side up I promise you.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

And speaking of dreams, I really should be going to bed soon, haha.
Indeed! I definitely wouldn't crack under the pressure of such a contest of wit! Just gotta make sure I don't shell out all my good puns before then!
Next person to throw an egg pun gets poached.

You won't be waking sunny side up I promise you.
Omelet those slide, they were pretty good.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Perhaps I misunderstood the article or there is otherwise conflicting information coming from Serenes that I haven't yet seen, but my understanding was that Zero and Not!Tharja were the only same-sex options for Kamui, specifically. Otherwise, characters with A+ supports will have other potential same-sex romances... is that incorrect?

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
RIGHT?!
I TOTALLY WANTED TO SHIP HIM WITH M!KAMUI!

Y IS.

Eh, same sex marriage being allowed at all is already something big, I guess. Shouldn't push too much...:drsad:

Edit: Eh? So they didn't confirm which character can or not S support same sex?
THE HOPE LIVES ON.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Kinda bummed that the Title theme isn't the Fire Emblem Main Theme despite how good Aqua's song is. The Fire Emblem them is, quite honestly, one of the greatest themes ever composed and if it doesn't show up anywhere in the game I will be deeply disappointed.
This is the only example of it I've found so far, but at least they haven't binned it entirely

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is the only example of it I've found so far, but at least they haven't binned it entirely
I don't even hear the theme in that mix...

Edit: never mind I hear it. But it's so muttled you can barely tell it's even there...

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Waifu Simulator 2.0
Update includes extra fantasies you never thought possible to achieve with someone who doesn't actually exist.
Update also includes added sibling support.
Interesting. Yes, I see now.

Most posts on the last page or so should explain it...long story short, stripping, S-supports returning, whatever A+-supports are, children characters, umm...supposed kind-of sexual conversations after said stripping.
852.gif

Was any of this stuff in the spoiler tabs? Because I a try to avoid spoilers for this game.

I dunno, personality it all feels very FE to me. If anything, it's just taking things it's been doing all along and showing people "hey we've been doing this, so let's make it more apparent."

Awkward Incest was a thing back since Thracia, and Sacred Stones is notorious for it's whole Ephraim x Erika stuff. Also there's the whole Raven x Priscilla support in FE7. So it's not really like incest is new to Fire Emblem.

Waifu & Husbandos being around isn't all that new, considering past FE games also had pairings. Roy himself has the most marriage candidates out of any Fire Emblem lord that isn't an avatar (I think he can choose between like 6-8 girls? I forget).

I do have to admit though, I kind of don't want to play as an avatar in all my games, so I would appreciate a bit more return to form, but I kind of doubt that'll happen given avatar making is quite the rage. At the very least, I would prefer it if my avatar wasn't a main character.
Really? never knew any of those things. I really need to play more FE games.

Eh, i don't mind playing as an avatar character or having an avatar character.Maybe if in the next game, he/she isn't the main or one of the main protagonist.

Kinda bummed that the Title theme isn't the Fire Emblem Main Theme despite how good Aqua's song is. The Fire Emblem them is, quite honestly, one of the greatest themes ever composed and if it doesn't show up anywhere in the game I will be deeply disappointed.
If I remember correctly, that Fire Emble theme did play in one of the Japanese trails. Can't remember which one though.

Wait... so Fire Emblem Fates may be rated M... holy crap... that makes me worried about how well this game will perform sales wise.
Really? Fire Emblem Awakening was rate M over here in Australia.

It literally warms my heart that same-sex marriage has been confirmed, the fact that they're willing to explore a more diverse idea of marriage rather then just a man and woman getting together makes me incredibly happy. I do hope that this becomes a reoccurring thing for the next few Fire Emblem games to come, but we'll see.
Well that's cool to hear. I probable won't do it but it's nice to hear the Nintendo has finally accepted it. :)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
M in Australia is different from M in the US. In the US, M is ages 17+, in Australia it's 12, I believe
Actually, while kids under 15 can access M rate material (movies, video games), it is generally recommend for kids 15+

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Really? Fire Emblem Awakening was rate M over here in Australia.
It hasn't been confirmed yet. The CERO C rating in Japan would put the game in-between the T and M ratings here in North America. If Nintendo is gunning for that T rating, some people have speculated that Nintendo will heavily censor the game, removing stuff that's in the Japanese version and what not.

However, if Nintendo is willing to allow this game to take the M rating, then most of the stuff people are discussing/criticizing about should stay. But, if there's content that could trigger an AO rating, then that would have to be removed.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
It hasn't been confirmed yet. The CERO C rating in Japan would put the game in-between the T and M ratings here in North America. If Nintendo is gunning for that T rating, some people have speculated that Nintendo will heavily censor the game, removing stuff that's in the Japanese version and what not.

However, if Nintendo is willing to allow this game to take the M rating, then most of the stuff people are discussing/criticizing about should stay. But, if there's content that could trigger an AO rating, then that would have to be removed.
Aside from some of the more "intimate" My Room conversations and the potential incest relationships, I don't think there's been anything bad enough to push it over into M rating territory. Then again the moral watchdogs are always...... watching.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's not enough to warrant a M rating here in America. There are far worse games that are rated Teen.

If I had to think of a reference right off the top of my head, I would say Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Despite the rest of the franchise being rated M that game keeps a T rating with some seriously obvious sexual references and an added in torture scene. So, unless IS went overboard with the language, I think we're safe.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
To make everyone bi would be just as strange as having everyone be straight.
THANK YOU. This calls to mind Dragon Age 2 where they, for no reason, decided to make everyone Bi. It was so stupid. Yes, have a couple of Bis, and maybe some Gays/Lesbians, but don't make everyone Bi. Have some straight people in there as well.

Yes, I did just say that:

Have some straight people in there as well.

My thoughts on the whole LGBT thing is just keep it in the bedroom. And don't go squashing the straights by drowning everything (INCLUDING VIDEO GAMES) with your beliefs. I don't care if there a couple of Bis or Lesbians or Gays in a game, but don't have EVERYTHING be that.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I still think there should have been a couple more options.
It's fine though. I don't have enough of an attachment to either gender of Kamui so I have qualms picking the male, unlike Robin.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I'd rather take the T rating to be honest. Even though that would mean that NoA would have to censor stuff, it'll be better for the game overall. If it's rated M, it won't sell as well, and would ruin Nintendo's family-friendly image.

XL_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-5463-6168
I still get goosebumps listening to Id (Purpose), it's too good.

Anyone up for some laggy 3DS games? I'm staying at my folks' place for a couple days and have nothing to do.

Top Bottom