• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It takes pretty hefty on other peoples' eyes to go against what used to be the most "clear" sight to the future in Sm4sh's developing history. (Of course, it killin' any good speculation and creating groups ridin' on the coattails of that)
I'm sure you meant riding on the HORSETAILS of that

Wonder how many Gematsu loyalists silently raged at that.

This is the Banado's power! :4shulk:
No, the Banado is a weapon held by moderators. One fell swipe is enough to ban at higher intensity levels.

I think you meant: the Bananado, a holy weapon that is also worshipped by Minions. :seuss:

Seeing you post reminded me that I meant to link you to this after the upload finished.

Sorry most of the ones I saved are the ones where I do something cool. D:

For a training video, this is a good watch.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm sure you meant riding on the HORSETAILS of that

Maybe it's time to consider a name change. :laugh:

Wonder how many Gematsu loyalists silently raged at that.
Well, I would have loved Chorus Kids. Chrom was some nice "bonus" back then I guess. Palutena was just plain happiness to see though.

No, the Banado is a weapon held by moderators. One fell swipe is enough to ban at higher intensity levels.

I think you meant: the Bananado, a holy weapon that is also worshipped by Minions. :seuss:
Man, now I wish to see Minionized Xenoblade Chronicles. (even if I haven't cleared the entire game yet still)

Seeing you post reminded me that I meant to link you to this after the upload finished.

You two are really good, my my. (-o^o-);; (I mean, I recognize most of the stuff you do but this looks pretty intense)

cyberspyXD

Smash Rookie
NNID
cyberspyXD
3DS FC
0001-3542-4807
I'm considering making Robin my "main" main and moving Lucina and ZSS to a secondary position.

It feels so satisfying to kick butt with Robin aughhhhh.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Seems I missed the Shulk thread convergence

Really good vid.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Casuals tonight and tournament tomorrow. I am very unlikely to use Robin in da tournament since that would be suicidal and I'd get knocked out of the tournament quickly, but I'm still gonna use him a bit in the casuals. For anyone who's got the time to take a quick look at my videos here, feel free to give me last minute advice or criticism beforehand so I can learn a bit better while I'm in casuals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXAf3jtFZCE&index=3&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00SnTeheao&index=2&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4o1AKmnJ0&index=1&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ao2iL2RY3Q&index=4&list=UU0RMA482bkRmw4pukDNhPgQ Probably my best game in terms of how well I played

Any and all help is appreciated, Feel free to be as harsh with criticism as you'd like, I already know I suck.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930

What have I done.

You plegians couldn't handle the power of the banado.
I've been drawing a bunch of smash bros related stuff in my digital design class for my projects and I thought these were perfect emoticons for the current situation. :p Wait why is everything but current in subscript WHAT DID I PRESS

Edit:
If you guys had a newcomer catchphrase what would it be?
For example, "Robin Brings in the Thunder!"
I feel inspired today

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

What have I done.

I've been drawing a bunch of smash bros related stuff in my digital design class for my projects and I thought these were perfect emoticons for the current situation. :p Wait why is everything but current in subscript WHAT DID I PRESS

Edit:
I feel inspired today
Wintropy cools it off!

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Of course you saved the replay of the early N-Air gimp...

I appreciate you uploading these. Hopefully these can serve as some good examples of what to do and what not to do with Robin. :)

By the way, did you ever get around to watching that match I sent you?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

What have I done.

Edit:
I feel inspired today
What you have done is bring joy to all of us. :seuss:

My newcomer catchphrase?

LIQUIDFGC messes with the best!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Of course you saved the replay of the early N-Air gimp...

I appreciate you uploading these. Hopefully these can serve as some good examples of what to do and what not to do with Robin. :)

By the way, did you ever get around to watching that match I sent you?
Not yet! I have so much to doooo. I'll get to it right after I finishing writing this really long post for another game I play competitively.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
This just reminds me that I still need to have some matches with False, like we wanted to do three weeks ago. :v

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

What have I done.

Edit:
I feel inspired today
LordTakeo Stumbles into Battle!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
By the way people, does anyone know if the higher your win rate is in For Glory, the better your opponent tends to be? Maybe its just a coincidence but I feel that has been the case with me.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
By the way people, does anyone know if the higher your win rate is in For Glory, the better your opponent tends to be? Maybe its just a coincidence but I feel that has been the case with me.
I think so? As I recall, there's a vague form of matchmaking that pits you with players roughly of your own win rate level.

To wit: the higher your win rate is, the more likely you are to be be paired with players of a similar win rate.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So after crashing at my friends place for night, I got to play him a bit in Smash 4 with my Robin and new Gamecube controller/adapter. Nothing exciting happened outside of this one combo I pulled off on him. He was playing Fox and he started to run at me while I was charging through the Arcthunder stage. I casted Arcthunder and hit him at point blank right in front of me. Since he was right in front of me, I had the lead by a stock, I was curious and wondered if I had enough time to Nosferatu him. Well it actually worked but I doubt I should try to go for Nosferatu unless they are in shield while getting hit by that move at point blank.

So Arcthunder in their face > Nosferatu is a thing I'll need to test, but I'm pretty sure you might as well do a smash attack if they are right in front of you during Arcthunder. Could be a really cool mixup/trap though.

I feel inspired today
(I have been thinking about getting my name changed, but I'm just too lazy to get premium and following through with it, but i'll do this anyway)

Falcon's Fist challenges you to Fisticuffs!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

What have I done.

Edit:
I feel inspired today
Those are some cool drawings Chewy X3.

Now what my catchphrase would be?

I not sure, Uh............

What about

Unknown Hero Confuses Everyone ?

I not really sure...... sorry

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Now I want to see these outfits in glorious Smash 4 HD
zlCfzS3gp-gAzTqzTZ.jpg

Look out Shulk, you've got competition

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It's been many months since I last played Awakening...

What class are they supposed to be in? I don't remember seeing that in the Summer Scramble.
Sorcerors.

I figured since they allowed Robin to use Nosferatu, I put two and two together and this could have some potential to be an interesting alt.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Sorcerors.

I figured since they allowed Robin to use Nosferatu, I put two and two together and this could have some potential to be an interesting alt.

Everybody gets a swimsuit alt, Mario and Luigi thong amiibo are produced, Nintendo makes trillions.

D

Deleted member

It's been many months since I last played Awakening...

What class are they supposed to be in? I don't remember seeing that in the Summer Scramble.
Sorcerers are in swimsuits in Summer Scramble, similar to how Swordmasters are in yukatas in Hot-Spring Scramble. I think this was done because Tharja won that contest.

Last edited by a moderator:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Well they did say that there would be matchmaking in the game.

Also probably the reason my win - rate went from 68% to 54%. :cry:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
It's cool to see the pre-Awakening games still getting love. Fortunately, I have copies of both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn that are in great condition. Though thanks to the power of disposable income, I might still buy an extra copy, and TOTALLY NOT lord it over those who want to play the game.

I feel inspired today
Lousy Loosely Aligns the Laws of Alliteration

Now I want to see these outfits in glorious Smash 4 HD
View attachment 35248
I'm personally hoping for an FE7 tactician alt (even though they'd just have this sprite to go off of and I guess some of the portrait art), but as long as Robin (both of them) have dem abs, I'd be up for it.

EDIT: So, I might come across as a bit of a hypocrite having just brought up the amusing idea of lording my copy of a rare game over others, but **** this guy. Apparently he's buying rare Amiibos in bulk solely to spite fans of specific characters (Robin is among them). Granted, according to the article I linked, there isn't substantial proof beyond pictures of large piles of Amiibos and the guy's middle finger, but if the man is legit, I'm a little baffled (and will still be buying an Amiibo of Robin, Rosalina, and Palutena).

Last edited:

MMSK786

Smash Rookie
NNID
MMSK786
3DS FC
1504-5801-6001
Being on-topic, I must say the pleasure you get by doing a successful Nosferatu in the air closer to the horizontal blast box is totally worth it.
Plus, being off-topic, I saw someone here from Pakistan. Myself am there, also, so would like to battle him/her with minimum lag.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
EDIT: So, I might come across as a bit of a hypocrite having just brought up the amusing idea of lording my copy of a rare game over others, but **** this guy. Apparently he's buying rare Amiibos in bulk solely to spite fans of specific characters (Robin is among them). Granted, according to the article I linked, there isn't substantial proof beyond pictures of large piles of Amiibos and the guy's middle finger, but if the man is legit, I'm a little baffled (and will still be buying an Amiibo of Robin, Rosalina, and Palutena).
Yeah, that's legit. Guy constantly ****posts on Twitter with an unrivaled hatred for Nintendo ladies.

I never bother with that status anymore because no one can see them on the front page or whatever. :<
But hey, they'll see it every time they click on your avatar, so it's something. c:

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm all for voicing opinions and what not, but people like this just make me not want to live on this planet anymore. It's one thing to not be happy about something, but if you have so much sheer hatred for something that you want everyone who likes that something to not be happy then you need to take another look at yourself. It was bad enough that some people would do this sort of thing just to hope to make a profit by selling them online, but this guy is just so butthurt at Nintendo for who knows why that he's doing it out of sheer spite. Just because you may not like something doesn't mean you need to be a total jerk about it.

Looks like I'm gonna have to pre order my Robin Amiibo day one.

Top Bottom