• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Shulk does sound fine and Adam Howden did a great job voicing him. Yes, he sounded more calm in Xenoblade, but in Xenoblade he wasn't in the middle of battle all the time. I still don't like "I'm really feeling it" because of what Brawler said, it simplifies him to the guy that feels things.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I /hate/ how Shulk sounds in this game. It's like Adam Howden just, forgot how the original character sounded.

Xenoblade!Shulk was calm, sincere, and collected, what you'd expect from a budding researcher. Smash!Shulk is nothing but HAA YAH WAAAH BUSTAH SMASH AIIIIIIIIR SLASH ham. Ugh.
Keep in mind Shulk is not a stranger when it comes to shouting. Whether it's his sudden bursts of rage (for example Metal Face killing Fiora) or just general battle grunts. In fact Xenoblade Chronicles in general sort of has narm littered everywhere, which is not exactly a bad thing since it does help make the game more memorable.

Last edited:

KeyDrop

Smash Rookie
NNID
KeyDrop
Shulk sounds more enthusiastic than in any of his xenobalde's quotes, it doesn't really bother me except for the fact that a quote that didn't really have any relevance in his own game now kind of defines the character in smash. I don't have any problem with the "meme status" it reached, It created some quite fun stuff, it's just that it's not really a good representation of Shulk.

It's totally different in Xenoblade and it doesn't mean he's having a good time, I don't remember exactly but I think it could be interpreted as "he's feeling the tension of the battle", or maybe he says it when he's being healed, I really don't even remember, that's how relevant it is in Xenoblade.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Let's face it though, if we were here to complain about how inconsistent characters are we'd be here all night.

(Also **** you Sakurai Ridley is not ****ing faithful to his character what kind of crack are you smoking!?)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hm, sorry to ask this here, but... isn't there an lucina social thread?
I mean, this one pretty much fufills every need I have for FE in general, but it would still nice.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hm, sorry to ask this here, but... isn't there an lucina social thread?
I mean, this one pretty much fufills every need I have for FE in general, but it would still nice.
There is. But it's more Smash oriented.

There's the FE Social Group too, for that matter.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Let's get a Death Battle up in this place.

Start... Now.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Naruto wins, just because I've read the manga and... well, what can you do against someone, who
just is jesus in foxcloak?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Keep in mind Shulk is not a stranger when it comes to shouting. Whether it's his sudden bursts of rage (for example Metal Face killing Fiora) or just general battle grunts. In fact Xenoblade Chronicles in general sort of has narm littered everywhere, which is not exactly a bad thing since it does help make the game more memorable.
DAT spoiler though. And I think the reason "I'm really feeling it" picked up steam is because Smash is pretty much known for it's extremely situational, extremely ridiculous quotes.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Metal Face killing Fiora is not a spoiler considering it happens at the beginning of the game. As in "not even left the home town" beginning. The Xenoblade Chronicles trophies even mention the attack of Colony 9.
Anything in the story could be considered a spoiler. Not that I care I've already beat the game three times over, just saying for people who haven't.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
New Years be nearing, so how are you all feeling?

I've mostly been lurking in Tumblr. Speaking of lurking, I had one bad day once and vented it off to my blog. So my friend did a little gift pic to make me feel better.

(Go check her blog too, she loves KI!)

I think I made a very high-pitched noise when seeing this. It's like a tiny little birdie that I can pet anytime I feel down... gotta also say how I really love the painted textures to this as well.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
New Years be nearing, so how are you all feeling?

I've mostly been lurking in Tumblr. Speaking of lurking, I had one bad day once and vented it off to my blog. So my friend did a little gift pic to make me feel better.

(Go check her blog too, she loves KI!)

I think I made a very high-pitched noise when seeing thins. It's like a tiny little birdie that I can pet anytime I feel down... gotta also say how I really love the painted textures to this as well.
Your friend is nothing less than friggin awesome.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I admit that it was just an attempt at changing the subject from Xenoblade spoilers to anything else.
As if the trophies didn't spoil Xenoblade enough already.

I personally don't care for spoilers in a game I don't plan on playing...

...which is admittedly why I spoiled the *censor* out of Awakening up to Chapter 13 after the trailer.

I heavily regret that decision now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm only hanging around here because I read Xenoblade Chronicles stuff.

But if it's the cancer Robin **** again, then I'm outta here.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Please kindly remove yourself from this thread if you are going to refer to the character the social thread is about as 'cancer'.

Such negativity is not welcome.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
so, I recently saw they made a few new series of FEA keychains, which I think complete the rest of the cast. If those things were actually released outside of Japan, I'd be broke (especially with dat Anna)

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
So that David Vincent interview inspired me to look him up. He shares fanart and comics of his characters, including Robin, on his twitter, and his Facebook page had this.

"Found me a #SmashBros pal #Pikachu @ANIMATEMIAMI. Photo from Tomah Chin. Thanks a lot!!"

This dude is awesome.

D

Deleted member

Gah...I like that hooded Robin one. There's no Lucina one, though :(

@shrooby would love dat Anna one.
I think that Lucina was in the first batch of keychains, one with her mask and one without it. These are the remainder of the characters.
I would love to have the Robin and Tharja keychains.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think that Lucina was in the first batch of keychains, one with her mask and one without it. These are the remainder of the characters.
I would love to have the Robin and Tharja keychains.
AAAAAAAAAAGH

WHY JUHPAN

WHY U NO GIVE US THESE THINGS

So that David Vincent interview inspired me to look him up. He shares fanart and comics of his characters, including Robin, on his twitter, and his Facebook page had this.

"Found me a #SmashBros pal #Pikachu @ANIMATEMIAMI. Photo from Tomah Chin. Thanks a lot!!"

This dude is awesome.
There's only one question left to answer...

Does he ship in any way? I'm guessing not, but if turned out he was, then holy balls.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I met David Vincent at a local con.

And by "met" I mean "took him the shops and had some nice chats with him".

He's a sweet guy. First thing I did when I went to his booth was ask if he'd do Hakumen's speech from BlazBlue. He asked how it went again and then, once he remembered it, he boomed the entire thing in the middle of the trading hall. Zero ****s given. We kept bumping into him the rest of the weekend and we just shot the breeze the whole time.

He'd never been to Ireland before and had never tried a breakfast roll. So after the con ended, a few friends brought him back to their place, got absolutely raging drunk, then took him out for a breakfast roll the next morning and bid him a fond farewell before he got on the plane back home.

He also encouraged my brother to pursue voice acting as a career if he's interested in it and made me squeal like a newborn kitten every time he did a character's voice for me.

I also have a signed BlazBlue art book thanks to him.

This is all true.

****ing love that man.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I should add that I did not know David Vincent was in Fire Emblem at the time and therefore this was not an exciting reveal to me. My brother had to point it out to me. My response was a pretty tepid, "Oh yeah that's cool but he's also Hakumen so uhh yeah."

Female Avatar Master Race~

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Here are the new keychains:

They look pretty awesome! ...Too bad they are only in Japan...
I'm such a sucker for this rubber thingies, and the chibi design here is adorable, Japan has all of my envy for this

On the previous batches, I only really wanted Sumia, I'd totally buy Gaius, Cherche and Anna now though (still sad for no Nah and Cordelia, but ah well, you can't get them all).

Top Bottom