• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I would give anything that adorable all my food. Serious that Drawing was cute Hong X3

Also rememeber all that stuff I said about wanting Young Link back if Roy came back? Yeah I take it all back. Why? Because of this V

:(. Now I really feel bad for Roy and his fans
I actually know a couple of people who love Roy (in SSB- they have never touched FE), so I admit to having a soft spot for the poor guy.

Plus, fire sword.
Kiwi-related:
I've seen this before and it always makes me dawwww.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Kiwi-related:
Kiwis are so cuuuuuuute

They're also one of my favorite birds. I love birds in general, really.

So this video always makes me tear up. :sadsheep:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Kiwis are bizarre.

Considering only shortly prior to European discovery, New Zealand had a giant sized kiwi-like bird, big enough that they were used in lieu of horses, but apparently was just to tasty ("tastes like chicken!") to not eat them out of existence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moa
"The two largest species, Dinornis robustus and Dinornis novaezelandiae, reached about 3.6 m (12 ft) in height with neck outstretched, and weighed about 230 kg (510 lb)"
their only natural predator was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haast's_eagle ; the largest eagle to have ever existed, capable of downing such a large thing as Moa, the natives considered them capable (and apparently there are accounts of doing so) of hunting and killing adult humans.
often seizing its prey's pelvis with the talons of one foot and killing with a blow to the head or neck with the other. Its size and weight indicate a bodily striking force equivalent to a cinder block falling from the top of an eight-story building
It's a shame both were made extinct within 200 years of the Maori's arrival; New Zealand was the land of the living dinosaurs.

They're not so small/pudgy as most drawings/animations make out. They walk/stand up and act much like you'd expect Doduo :084: to, except with only one head. They skedaddle quickly and love DARKNESS.

The really bizarre/crazy thing is their breeding. In relation to full body size, Kiwis have the largest eggs in the animal bird kingdom, go look up an x-ray of a pregnant kiwi, it's literally it's head, a little bit of it's upper chest, and the rest of it's body outlining an egg; it would be anywhere between half to 2/3rds of it's fully body size. I don't know how they possibly birth them without dying, but they do; I would assume much like how a large snake can consume an entire buffalo or something.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Kiwis are bizarre.

Considering only shortly prior to European discovery, New Zealand had a giant sized kiwi-like bird, big enough that they were used in lieu of horses, but apparently was just to tasty ("tastes like chicken!") to not eat them out of existence.

They're not so small/pudgy as most drawings/animations make out. They walk/stand up and act much like you'd expect Doduo :084: to, except with only one head. They skedaddle quickly and love DARKNESS.

The really bizarre/crazy thing is their breeding. In relation to full body size, Kiwis have the largest eggs in the animal kingdom, go look up an x-ray of a pregnant kiwi, it's literally it's head, a little bit of it's upper chest, and the rest of it's body outlining an egg; it would be anywhere between half to 2/3rds of it's fully body size. I don't know how they possibly birth them without dying, but they do; I would assume much like how a large snake can consume an entire buffalo or something.
Ah, yes, the moas. When they were around, the largest birds existing. The pictures of people standing with models of them is so eerie. I can't wrap my head around it.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a zoology geek.:4iggy:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've been lurking here forever but Robin is amazing and I plan on maining her, so.. uh.. Hi!
Welcome! Although I noticed from your profile that you created it back in June, one month before Robin's confirmation. Still, it's nice to meet fellow Robin players.

And remember, Charbin is love. Charbin is life. :4robinf:♥:4charizard:

Last edited:

Skye Kitsune

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1333-1287
Haaaaaaai

We're all noice ppl so don't hesitate to talk darling~
Alright then, sounds good. I just have a horrible habit of writing a reply and then going "eh" and erasing it :p
Hopefully ill be more seen around here, everyone seems really nice.

Welcome! Although I noticed from your profile that you created it back in June, one month before Robin's confirmation. Still, it's nice to meet fellow Robin players.

And remember, Charbin is love. Charbin is life. :4robinf:♥:4charizard:
Yup, ^I just have trouble sayin stuff

Coincidentally, one of my best friends loves to team up with me and we'd Charbin our enemies to death. Never really got the hang of charizard though

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Funnily enough, I've found myself using Charizard more and more as I experiment with other characters.

Must be a Robin main thing.

:4robinm:/:4charizard:/:4pit:/:4darkpit: the dream team.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
But does he have an ideal nature?
Well, my first playthrough with :4robinf: had speed as her asset, and resistance as her flaw. And my :4charizard: has a mild nature (which means he has an increased Sp. Attack, but lowered defense) in Leaf Green.

In terms of Pokemon, my Robin has a 'naive' nature (da fuq?). Looks like I should give my everstone to Charizard, unless someone else says otherwise.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I've been lurking here forever but Robin is amazing and I plan on maining her, so.. uh.. Hi!

Jokes aside, welcome to the Robin thread, one of the most active and civil threads you will ever meet (aside from the Lucina, ironically)

Don't worry, I was and still sort of am new to here too but every here is very friendly and anyone causes trouble, you could just ask Hong to help out....

Speaking of Hong

Wipe that smile off.
I guess you're not really feeling it :4shulk:

oh well

:4robinm::TIME TO TIP THE SCALES
:happysheep:.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So my Fire Emblem Awakening won't detect my SD card for some reason, so now I can't play any of my DLC/use Spotpass stuff until I figure out what is wrong with it :C

Which stinks because I was about to go play in the scramble stories...

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Oh my gosh guys I've not posted in the Robin boards forever because I wasn't sure if I'd keep playing as him/her but recently I like them even better than before. AHHH sorry about my disappearance, I'm gonna stay around here now that I love Robin even more.

On the topic of Robin, I think I've discovered the best trolliest thing ever. Imagine this:
You knock your opponent off the edge at around 100% and you're ready to edgeguard them with some Levin Aerials. HOWEVER, CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING.
Your opponent is trying to get back to the stage so you face your back to it and waste your Nosferatu. Time it so Nosferatu runs out and Robin throws it backwards just as they get near the edge. Your opponent now has to avoid a moving hitbox and you coming down to edgeguard them. Has anyone else tried this before? I had someone on For Glory avoid the tossed Nosferatu so I stage spiked them with LSBair, lol.

Welcome fellow scale tipper :^)

Last edited:

Skye Kitsune

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1333-1287
Hiya guys, thanks for the welcome. I wish I had something about Robin I could say, all I've been doing is loosing at the moment though :4iggy:

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
This has probably been said many times here but I haven't been around in awhile.

Robin needs a C-stick. Aerials are so frustrating without it.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
Oh my gosh guys I've not posted in the Robin boards forever because I wasn't sure if I'd keep playing as him/her but recently I like them even better than before. AHHH sorry about my dissapearance, I'm gonna stay around here now that I love Robin even more.
I've missed you so much person I've never met before~! *cries dramatically in corner*

...*senses typos*

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
This has probably been said many times here but I haven't been around in awhile.

Robin needs a C-stick. Aerials are so frustrating without it.
I really don't mind. I mean, I can see what you mean (I want to up smash with Toon link, NOT UP TILT!) but sometimes I've used to Bronze sword instead of the levin and have gotten better results because of it.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I really don't mind. I mean, I can see what you mean (I want to up smash with Toon link, NOT UP TILT!) but sometimes I've used to Bronze sword instead of the levin and have gotten better results because of it.
That is true, Bronze has less knockback but im talking about like when I wanna up-air (to kill) with levin and then it accidently is bronze making the reach shorter and I miss or it doesn't kill.

Last edited:

Skye Kitsune

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1333-1287
Most all characters will be better off with a gamecube controller and c-stick, but Robin mains are gonna see a HUGE difference compared to others, I just need the funds to get a Wii U ;-;

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
That is true, Bronze has less knockback but im talking about like when I wanna up-air (to kill) with levin and then it accidently is bronze making the reach shorter and I miss or it doesn't kill.
hm, I guess your right about that, with that you really want to have the Levin so you can kill while using the Bronze for juggling.

Hong

The Strongest
So my Fire Emblem Awakening won't detect my SD card for some reason, so now I can't play any of my DLC/use Spotpass stuff until I figure out what is wrong with it :C

Which stinks because I was about to go play in the scramble stories...
Most SD cards have a lock on them. Check to make sure it wasn't flicked on at some point.

Blow out the SD card slot on your 3DS.

Try your SD card on different devices to see if it works or not.

Lastly, if nothing else works, put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab and gently go over the contacts.
Hiya guys, thanks for the welcome. I wish I had something about Robin I could say, all I've been doing is loosing at the moment though :4iggy:
Feel free to talk about anything in the social thread. We talk about Fire Emblem and other games a lot, but every now and then I waddle into here talking about food or something. :143:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is SMT x FE, not the opposite. Seems like some stores are open for pre-order of the game, so it seems like it is coming out sooner than never later.

I am still not sure if I should hype this game or be scared of it.

Top Bottom