• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Sure, we can have five Fire Emblem characters for Smash Bros. Why not?

Marth: Pegasus Knight. Highly mobile fighter.
Ike: Radiant Dawn Ike, shirtless, no sword. Heavy grappler akin to Zangief.
Anna: Luigified Ike. The Abel to Ike's Zangief.
Chrom: Archer. Zoning based fighter.
Robin: Magnificent blue-haired swordsman of unmatched finesse.

Look at that! Fire Emblem has such variety!:bluejump:

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sure, we can have five Fire Emblem characters for Smash Bros. Why not?

Marth: Pegasus Knight. Highly mobile fighter.
Ike: Radiant Dawn Ike, shirtless, no sword. Heavy grappler akin to Zangief.
Anna: Luigified Ike. The Abel to Ike's Zangief.
Chrom: Archer. Zoning based fighter.
Robin: Magnificent blue-haired swordsman of unmatched finesse.

Look at that! Fire Emblem has such variety!:bluejump:
What.

Hong

The Strongest
Okay, okay. I was just joking. Gosh!

But I am just going to say I would be 100% okay with shirtless grappler Ike.

Hero of brue frame crush tiny baby men.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
does anybody have a Robin relevant thing to talk about?
I'm not sure what there is to really talk about at this point. We'd just be talking about stuff we've already discussed previously. Personally, I'm hoping we'll get some bit of information this week that will favor Robin, but I guess there's not much to suggest that we will.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm not sure what there is to really talk about at this point. We'd just be talking about stuff we've already discussed previously.
You can say that for literally every support thread by this point. The reality is until E3, pretty much the only thing to remotely look forward to is more deconfirmations.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You can say that for literally every support thread by this point. The reality is until E3, pretty much the only thing to remotely look forward to is more deconfirmations.
Speaking of de-confirmations, I think it's possible we may see another trophy de-confirmation this week.

I hope it's Chrom.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Speaking of de-confirmations, I think it's possible we may see another trophy de-confirmation this week.

I hope it's Chrom.
Eh, I think it's evident that Sakurai is avoiding the deconfirmation of more popular characters before the game comes out. Seeing someone like Chrom being show unplayable via PotD would be really shocking at any rate.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Eh, I think it's evident that Sakurai is avoiding the deconfirmation of more popular characters before the game comes out. Seeing someone like Chrom being show unplayable via PotD would be really shocking at any rate.
True. But if he is planning on putting Robin in instead, maybe he won't mind. We've also had some fairly popular characters de-confirmed recently, specifically Dillon and Wonder Red, and then of course there was the Direct and the number of characters it killed off.

I would agree that it's not terribly likely that a Chrom trophy would be shown off at random. But I think it is within the realm of possibility.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
does anybody have a Robin relevant thing to talk about?
The American robin's diet generally consists of around 40% invertebrates, such as earthworms, beetle grubs, caterpillars and grasshoppers, and 60 percent wild and cultivated fruits and berries.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I'm 100% okay with a Robin trophy. More than I would be expecting.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
But Hong, you have to believe in the Power of Friendship, and everything will be fine!
And then we'll be able to pick up Robin from that field again while somehow remembering the exact words we spoke several years ago.

And with field I mean the character select screen in Smash 4.

Hong

The Strongest
I would be VERY HAPPY if we had Robin's tactically befuddled mug on the character selection screen. Especially because she is, my prior jokes aside, likely going to offer some new form of spellcasting. In Brawl, I cannot really find any character that reaches my itch for projectile-users. Which is largely a balance issue: only good character of that variety would be Snake.

With Robin, we are likely to get some projectile-using love, with a sexy disjointed hitbox in the form of a sword. I could dig that. If all else fails, suppose Link will have to do just that.

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
I would be VERY HAPPY if we had Robin's tactically befuddled mug on the character selection screen. Especially because she is, my prior jokes aside, likely going to offer some new form of spellcasting. In Brawl, I cannot really find any character that reaches my itch for projectile-users. Which is largely a balance issue: only good character of that variety would be Snake.

With Robin, we are likely to get some projectile-using love, with a sexy disjointed hitbox in the form of a sword. I could dig that. If all else fails, suppose Link will have to do just that.
And Megaman, he has too much projectiles, heck his jab is a projectile!

IronFish

Smash Ace

I feel Robin will be like Link, but with Ness-esque specials (and better recovery)

Hong

The Strongest
And Megaman, he has too much projectiles, heck his jab is a projectile!
I'm a little uncertain on Mega Man. Certainly projectile-focused, but I remember seeing his pellets disappearing after travelling roughly half of Battlefield. Will certainly be a character I try out.
I feel Robin will be like Link, but with Ness-esque specials (and better recovery)
Certainly.

Also has a lot of potential to be a trapper or get some control-based magic. Maybe tornadoes that throw the enemy into the air (like Hyrule Castle) for space control and combo potential.

Link will always be the "whip it" projectile user, while Samus has dat BFG. So much unexplored territory!

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Quick question, what are Robin's chances of appearing in another Fire Emblem game or Shin Megami Tensi x Fire Emblem? I don't see it as very likely myself.

Hong

The Strongest
Quick question, what are Robin's chances of appearing in another Fire Emblem game or Shin Megami Tensi x Fire Emblem? I don't see it as very likely myself.
Depends how you look at it.

Lyn suggests that the Tacticians have both been the same person. With the outrealm and pocket amnesia, this is all possible. But if they forget who they are, dress differently and possibly act differently, it's sort of like being someone anew.

I think the preface of the next MU will be a wholly original character, but they can always pull off an after-the-fact connection later.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I don't know anything about Fire Emblem, but I say yes to variety.
...and the female version is a cutie ^o^

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Robin him/herself may never appear again. But the Tactician is practically guaranteed to appear after the success of Awakening.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
We have Ike. Ladies and gentlemen, I repeat. We have Ike. Does anyone else feel like this boosts Robin's chances?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't feel like it changes anything. There wasn't much doubt that Ike would return.
Have you been living under a rock? Just because Ike has been confirmed, that doesn't erase all the doubt people had. To a lot of people Ike was just the new Roy.

I think this would have been more effective if Chrom didn't have the Sal Romano leak backing him up.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Have you been living under a rock? Just because Ike has been confirmed, that doesn't erase all the doubt people had. To a lot of people Ike was just the new Roy.

I think this would have been more effective if Chrom didn't have the Sal Romano leak backing him up.
I suppose I should have clarified- I didn't doubt Ike's return, so this confirmation does nothing for me. I'm not living under a rock, although when it comes to the smash community sometimes I wish I was.

As for Chrom I don't think this hurts his chances either, nor do I think his chances being hurt really play into Robin getting in. If you think they wouldn't do 3 blue-haired sword lords for this game I would point you to the space animal trio in brawl.

I don't think the Sal leak helps Chrom because he's a pretty safe choice either way.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
3 blue haired sword people in one game... I'd have to say that Ike with last week's Friday PotD, Robin's chances have never been higher!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I don't think Ike changes Robin's chances much if at all. It's nice to see an PotD with big news in it though, even if I preferred Ike's Path of Radiance design (though he might have a skin for that, so who knows).
I really like Ike and was afraid he'd be replaced by a similiarly playing Chrom. Good to see he's back. Now goooo Robin for E3 reveal!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Robin him/herself may never appear again. But the Tactician is practically guaranteed to appear after the success of Awakening.
Essentially this.
Which is why I'd much rather see Robin or Anna more than Chrom since we're practically guaranteed to see them again in some form.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
As much as I like the idea of Avatar/MU/Robin being in Smash 4, how do you get around the fact that there are 6 different versions of him or her? 2 are short, 2 are medium, and 2 are tall. 3 are male, and 3 are female. All of them are likely to have completely different hair styles and colors.

It seems like the lack of canon appearance is the biggest hurdle, for me.

Xigger

Smash Lord
As much as I like the idea of Avatar/MU/Robin being in Smash 4, how do you get around the fact that there are 6 different versions of him or her? 2 are short, 2 are medium, and 2 are tall. 3 are male, and 3 are female. All of them are likely to have completely different hair styles and colors.

It seems like the lack of canon appearance is the biggest hurdle, for me.
6 is the normal number of costumes for characters. Similar to Villager. Solved.

Top Bottom