• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, about the early information thing, that seems to be contradicted by the fact that the leaker named Mii Fighter and mentioned a recent issue of Lucas possibly not returning.
Which he also brought up when he said "Pokemon From X/Y" by also stating "Oh, and Pac-Man and Mii are still coming."

Hong

The Strongest
I don't care too much about Robin from a gameplay standpoint anymore. Palutena will have 12 highly variable special moves, many of which will fulfill the play style I wanted. Villager as well is an immensely technical fighter with some nice terrain control abilities.

Of course I still like Robin as a character, but that is not why I started supporting her inclusion. It's not because I like Robin, or because she is way better of an option than Chrom, or that she can be any gender she wishes. That's all superficial.

I supported Robin because I liked her gameplay prospects, especially compared to other Fire Emblem characters.

If Robin appears with functionality that surprises me, and fulfills my needs better than Villager or Palutena, or the Samus and Link that I can't yet give an opinion on, that's great. If not, that's fine.

Still a matter of whether or not I'll be buying this game. The hitstun is atrocious in the build shown, and I hope that will see revision. If she shows up and the game sucks then I won't be buying anyways, but I'll wait until release before I make any calls on that.

Edit - Not to mention that Fire Emblem has already gotten more fanservice than I could have ever asked for.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Bummed out by lack of new FE rep
You should be more worried about whether or not Ike will even be good this time.

I rather not have had him in Brawl at all. As an avid lover of Ike, that was horrible to see.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
You should be more worried about whether or not Ike will even be good this time.

I rather not have had him in Brawl at all. As an avid lover of Ike, that was horrible to see.
So many people loved Ike in brawl. In competitive duels he may not be that prominent but with casual 4 player matches, Ike is a terror. Strangers to the game can easily rack up a lot of kills. If that made them enjoy the game then I'd say there's not much to regret.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If we assume the Sal Leak is true, and that no transformation characters are still a no-no (So no pairing Robin and Chrom together). I think that Robin's chances went down from 70% down to maybe 20%.

This sucks, I really wish he was in. However I am not optimistic, but that's who I am.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Uhh why is everyone saying there is no chance now? Pac-Man, Mii, AND Palutena were all characters with an EXTREMELY high chance of being playable disregarding any leaks. If you'd have asked me if I thought those three were going to be in the game, I would have said yes every single time without hesitation, but I'll never believe that damn Gematsu leak until I see the Chorus Kids right there before my eyes, and then if they did SOMEHOW become playable I would cry at the worst video game decision I have witnessed in a very long time.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Uhh why is everyone saying there is no chance now? Pac-Man, Mii, AND Palutena were all characters with an EXTREMELY high chance of being playable disregarding any leaks. If you'd have asked me if I thought those three were going to be in the game, I would have said yes every single time without hesitation, but I'll never believe that damn Gematsu leak until I see the Chorus Kids right there before my eyes, and then if they did SOMEHOW become playable I would cry at the worst video game decision I have witnessed in a very long time.
Conker in Project Spark.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ignoring the fact that he got Wii Fit Trainer in addition to Mega Man and Villager being shown last year? That's not luck, that's a leak.

Also there's the fact that he called the Mii Fighters by name in the third leak, which took place prior to this E3. He's legit.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't care too much about Robin from a gameplay standpoint anymore. Palutena will have 12 highly variable special moves, many of which will fulfill the play style I wanted. Villager as well is an immensely technical fighter with some nice terrain control abilities.

Of course I still like Robin as a character, but that is not why I started supporting her inclusion. It's not because I like Robin, or because she is way better of an option than Chrom, or that she can be any gender she wishes. That's all superficial.

I supported Robin because I liked her gameplay prospects, especially compared to other Fire Emblem characters.

If Robin appears with functionality that surprises me, and fulfills my needs better than Villager or Palutena, or the Samus and Link that I can't yet give an opinion on, that's great. If not, that's fine.

Still a matter of whether or not I'll be buying this game. The hitstun is atrocious in the build shown, and I hope that will see revision. If she shows up and the game sucks then I won't be buying anyways, but I'll wait until release before I make any calls on that.

Edit - Not to mention that Fire Emblem has already gotten more fanservice than I could have ever asked for.
Unfortunately, I actually supported her for her character. I just used her aesthetic diversity and move-set potential as justification. I am not going to lose hope yet, but I am not so certain anymore. I will still support her, I am just not as confident as I once was. However, in that same respect, I also have Palutena. So I suppose if worse comes to worse the play-style that I was expecting will be present, at the very least.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Ignoring the fact that he got Wii Fit Trainer in addition to Mega Man and Villager being shown last year? That's not luck, that's a leak.

Also there's the fact that he called the Mii Fighters by name in the third leak, which took place prior to this E3. He's legit.
Wait. In what leak did he call them Mii Fighters?

IronFish

Smash Ace

Look we don't even know if the second part of the leak it true yet, no one is denying the first now, but that mii fighter bit could be referring to Miis BEING FIGHTERS wouldn't be to hard to guess that, if he did however say Brawler Gunner & Sword-fighter THEN I would be waving my white flag. Also I wont believe the leak until we get Chorus Boys.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Look we don't even know if the second part of the leak it true yet, no one is denying the first now, but that mii fighter bit could be referring to Miis BEING FIGHTERS wouldn't be to hard to guess that, if he did however say Brawler Gunner & Sword-fighter THEN I would be waving my white flag. Also I wont believe the leak until we get Chorus Boys.
Can someone source me the leak? Is that all he stated? Just the Mii Fighter?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was a third one!
Basically, here's the summary from Sal.

Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And for heaven's sake he's not just addressing the Mii as a fighter, he gives that as its name.
It also reiterates Leak 2, meaning it's legit.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

And for heaven's sake he's not just addressing the Mii as a fighter, he gives that as its name.
I'm hesitant to believe leaks in general. But you know...it gives me hope for Chrom. We'll know in September for sure.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I really hope that the post launch DLC thing is real. And the fact that he calls him Mii Fighter is so specific, and nobody guessed it. The leak is real guys, deal wit it.

Also since he says participating fighters, I wonder if that means that we should be expecting announcements for Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus men. Because it kind of doesn't make sense why to call it participating.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I really hope that the post launch DLC thing is real. And the fact that he calls him Mii Fighter is so specific, and nobody guessed it. The leak is real guys, deal wit it.

Also since he says participating fighters, I wonder if that means that we should be expecting announcements for Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus men. Because it kind of doesn't make sense why to call it participating.
Maybe there will be another announcement in August?

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
And for heaven's sake he's not just addressing the Mii as a fighter, he gives that as its name. It also reiterates Leak 2, meaning it's legit.
I'll have to go with the desperation move on this one then. Where's Rosalina? Sure, it was the only one the tipster missed (unless you count Greninja not being specified as maybe kinda half a miss) but it doesn't make sense that he'd have such info on all these characters without a TRUE full list. It's possible he's just been able to get tipped off from the pre-recorded directs/trailers before they're actually posted and is just winging it otherwise.

I mean serioiusly, PLEASE don't let the Chrous Kids be a playable character... Please... If they want to do Rhythym Heaven representation there's much better.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Maybe there will be another announcement in August?
I could see an August Smash direct to tie everything up one last time, and announce maybe Shulk and Chorus Men.

I'm happy that if this leak is true, and Robin is not in the game, it means that it may be possible to bring Robin back if demand is high enough when it comes to DLC.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Does the leak actually show a full roster and claims that there aren't any more secret characters afterwards?
Otherwise there could still be room for secret characters. Well, and DLC after that.

However, I'm still rather happy with todays announcements. Best thing about the Pacman trailer for me was that Game & Watch was teased which is great and Palutena looks amazing anyways.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I'm still quite curious as to why he didn't name Greninja in his earlier leak, and why he only just now named Mii Fighter specifically. What's your explanation?

Last edited:

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Guys I am scared. This leak feels legit...
Because it is? Might as well close up every other thread. Then again, people will need closure; so these threads need to stay alive.

The only leak that mentioned robin was leaker bro, who already was full of it. Sure, he got Palutena and the detailed description of miis right; but that was as far as it went. If we do get Robin, that means he goes back to being credible again; which already will cause a s.storm.

I'm still quite curious as to why he didn't name Greninja I his earlier leak, and why he only just now named Mii Fighter specifically. What's your explanation?
Blame his tipster, sal wouldn't have a clue

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Blame his tipster, sal wouldn't have a clue
Well, yeah, why didn't the tipster mention Greninja by name? Judging by the latest "leak," this guy has recent information, being able to name the Mii Fighters and talk about the ongoing debate about Lucas. So I would think that the argument that the leaker had outdated information and thus couldn't name Greninja specifically wouldn't work anymore.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
He didn't mention Greninja by name because he was chosen off of concept art before Pokemon X & Y released? To me, that almost feels more legit.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I only believe the first leak. The second one is full of no sh*t characters apart from Chorus Men.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
He didn't mention Greninja by name because he was chosen off of concept art before Pokemon X & Y released? To me, that almost feels more legit.
Yet the leaker also seems to be aware of more recent information, like the Lucas problem. If he has information that's up-to-date, you'd think he'd be able to name Greninja. Not to mention, we know that Greninja was chosen quite some time before X and Y even came out, so the decision on Greninja was not such a recent development after all.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Well, yeah, why didn't the tipster mention Greninja by name? Judging by the latest "leak," this guy has recent information, being able to name the Mii Fighters and talk about the ongoing debate about Lucas. So I would think that the argument that the leaker had outdated information and thus couldn't name Greninja specifically wouldn't work anymore.
Maybe Pokemon was plural ?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Maybe Pokemon was plural ?
Technically possible, but if that was the case, you'd think he would take the small amount of time it takes to actually write out the names of what Pokemon(s) from X and Y would be appearing.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Even though the leak seems to be true at this point, i will still support Robin wholeheartedly.
With that said, i must admit that over the last night my hype for the game has greatly reduced, and not even because of the announcements, in fact i was thrilled by all the characters revealed and i was hyped through the whole invitational.
With that said after reading many post by fellow smashers, many of them filled with disappointment for the game mechanics overall or for the characters announced, i feel as if my overall positiviness of the game has decreased and i don't even know why, perhaps the fear of the game being forgotten by players who would go back to melee or project M, or for the thought of many fan favorite characters not making it in. Does anybody else got a blow to their hype as i did?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Even though the leak seems to be true at this point, i will still support Robin wholeheartedly.
With that said, i must admit that over the last night my hype for the game has greatly reduced, and not even because of the announcements, in fact i was thrilled by all the characters revealed and i was hyped through the whole invitational.
With that said after reading many post by fellow smashers, many of them filled with disappointment for the game mechanics overall or for the characters announced, i feel as if my overall positiviness of the game has decreased and i don't even know why, perhaps the fear of the game being forgotten by players who would go back to melee or project M, or for the thought of many fan favorite characters not making it in. Does anybody else got a blow to their hype as i did?
I felt a little less hyped due to being a pessimist and seeing that my most wanted character was not revealed at the event. I'm recovering, though. I think all the new characters look great and are solid additions to the roster.

And while the leak seems more likely real than not, I think there is still some room for doubt. And as long as the possibility exists, I'm still going to support Robin. I might not think he/she's as likely as before, but I still believe Robin to be the best possible choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I felt a little less hyped due to being a pessimist and seeing that my most wanted character was not revealed at the event. I'm recovering, though. I think all the new characters look great and are solid additions to the roster.

And while the leak seems more likely real than not, I think there is still some room for doubt. And as long as the possibility exists, I'm still going to support Robin. I might not think he/she's as likely as before, but I still believe Robin to be the best possible choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer.
Well yes, i'm pretty sure people whose favorite character didn't make it in will get over it quickly, so iguess this sudden depression comes from the fact that this is pretty much the first time i'm planning to become an member of the smashboards community, my biggest source of hype from this game is that after the release, this site will have an active online community.

This has me thrilled because i only have a handful of friends who enjoy smash, and due to where i live, i'll never be able to attend to real life tournaments. So the online community is biggest hope to be able to play constantly at a decent level with people that are as passionate for this game as i am. So i guess seeing many people just kissing the game goodbye for the mechanics leaning more towards brawl's is rather off putting.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

And yet again, 3 characters the leak states for E3 do not happen. Though there are still treehouse events for all of today and tomorrow. Regardless, I'm not buying it. If theses leaks didn't come in the goddamn day of the event I may be more willing to believe.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
And yet again, 3 characters the leak states for E3 do not happen. Though there are still treehouse events for all of today and tomorrow. Regardless, I'm not buying it. If theses leaks didn't come in the goddamn day of the event I may be more willing to believe.
Finally some logic in this place.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, he got a lot of those characters right. How can one argue against this to begin with? The E3 reveals, although not happened at its time; may have changed. Companies and employees always change plans for showcasing things.

The only way for this to be false is if his tipster was either:

A) Part of working to reveal a newcomer on the show room floor and saw Wiifittrainer months in advance

B) Pure coincidence

Not being a negative nancy here.

Top Bottom