• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Although I still think we might get a couple character reveals, I'm having second thoughts about Robin's chances. Hm...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Dang it last thing we needed was a point in the leaks favor, but two? Ugh...
Well, Palutena was widely regarded as a shoo-in before the second leak even came out. Miis were in a similar position (though I wasn't expecting them as much). This really doesn't have much of an effect on the leak, I think, especially not the second part.

I think only Chorus Men can prove whether or not the second part is real. Anything else is just a likely prediction.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Honestly I won't give up hope until the game is out and all the secret characters known.

And even then there might be DLC.
I guess Hope really never dies. Huh.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Well, Palutena was widely regarded as a shoo-in before the second leak even came out. Miis were in a similar position (though I wasn't expecting them as much). This really doesn't have much of an effect on the leak, I think, especially not the second part.

I think only Chorus Men can prove whether or not the second part is real. Anything else is just a likely prediction.
and what about the new pokemon that looks like an X AND a Y?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Honestly I won't give up hope until the game is out and all the secret characters known.

And even then there might be DLC.
I guess Hope really never dies. Huh.
With those "amiibo" (is that what they're called) things available, DLC may not be entirely out of the question. Although it might not necessarily be downloadable.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
With those "amiibo" (is that what they're called) things available, DLC may not be entirely out of the question. Although it might not necessarily be downloadable.
I could imagine them just saying "once you activate a amiibo for a DLC character on your WiiU, you also 'purchase' that character on the E-shop for free. If you don't want to buy the Amiibo and it's additional functions, you can buy just the DLC of the E-shop for a lower price. We don't know why you would do that since everybody is playing Brawler Reggie Final Destination no items only, but we wanted to give you the option."

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I could imagine them just saying "once you activate a amiibo for a DLC character on your WiiU, you also 'purchase' that character on the E-shop for free. If you don't want to buy the Amiibo and it's additional functions, you can buy just the DLC of the E-shop for a lower price. We don't know why you would do that since everybody is playing Brawler Reggie Final Destination no items only, but we wanted to give you the option."
Yeah, that is the most likely way to do it and promote their Amiibo service. I hope it is more like, a character or 2 every 3 to 4 months and not one every month.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Aye, I doubt there will be new character reveals during the round table, since that is not going to be streamed. They may talk about it and say "there's a new reveal up on the Smash Bros page now!", but I find it unlikely.

The invitational though would be a great place to reveal another character or two.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Aye, I doubt there will be new character reveals during the round table, since that is not going to be streamed. They may talk about it and say "there's a new reveal up on the Smash Bros page now!", but I find it unlikely.

The invitational though would be a great place to reveal another character or two.
That'd be perfect. Imagine all the hype. I think Smashboards would explode.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Still holding out hope for FE reveal after the tournament. (Final hope would be as a secret character that won't be revealed at all until post-release).

Robin > Tiki > Lucina > Chrom > No one. (And yes Tiki has basically 0 chance but I just like Tiki and she is at least unique. >.>)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I thought it was going to be like that smash direct in April, not just a Q&A...
I would've flipped my **** if they did a Smash Direct at 4 am middle European time. You just don't do that kind of stuff, even if you are at an American conference.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Still holding out hope for FE reveal after the tournament. (Final hope would be as a secret character that won't be revealed at all until post-release).

Robin > Tiki > Lucina > Chrom > No one. (And yes Tiki has basically 0 chance but I just like Tiki and she is at least unique. >.>)
Well Phosphora IS now the first case of a character being revealed as a trophy first, then sonething more later. She's revealed to be the Uprising Assist Trophy on Palutena's character profile.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

If we actually don't get a Fire Emblem newcomer today, that bodes fairly well for Robin, I think. I could be wrong, but I don't think Chrom would be very good secret character material. Robin might be, though.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Alright, here is my updated moveset. It isn't entirely new, it's just a reworked version my previous set. I think it came out a little better than my previous version. I also removed the small amount of stance change my previous Robin set had.

[collapse="Robin Moveset"]
General: I see Robin as sword of an average fighter in terms of power. She lacks kill moves in mid to low-high percentages, but can make up for it through Ignis. Ignis only affects sword moves, so the player needs to know which moves involve her sword to make effective use of it. Her specials (including Ignis) are designed around strategic play. Her moves allow for unique zoning and combo potential if used intelligently.

- Specials:

-- Standard Special: Ignis

Ignis is a class skill of Grandmasters (the promoted class of Tactician units) and Robin's most iconic move.

Robin's sword is slowly engulfed in blue flames as long as B is held (think Project M Lucas' Offense Up). However, rather than requiring a full charge to work, Robin may use a partial charge at any given time. Any sword attack's power will be increased after this move is used; obviously, a full charge will increase the move's strength to a greater. The flames themselves also serve as a visual indicator of how charged the move is (if half the sword is covered in flames, then the move is half charged). When it reaches full charge Robin's next attack also gains the pink flower petal effects. If any charge is used it will reset to 0. Robin will say, "Here's how it's done!" when it is fully charged.

-- Side Special: Lifetaker

Lifetaker is the class skill of Dark Knights. It heals half a unit's HP when they kill an enemy unit.

Robin creates a large orb of lightning (about the size of Robin herself) which moves forward slowly (think Project M Lucario's Aura Bomb). It will dissipate after a while. If an opponent comes in contact with said lightning orb they will be stunned for a brief period and take decent damage before being sent flying. Robin is also healed a slight amount when the move makes contact. The orb's slow movement speed make it a unique projectile for pressuring opponents and zoning applications. Because it stays on the field for a while, the opponent can be knocked into it with an attack if they avoid straight out. Reflecting this projectile isn't really advisable either, as it's slow movement speed is easily avoided by Robin or other characters themselves. It's large size and slow movement make it a fairly useful edge-guarding option as well. It also has a passive charge system; using the move too soon after using it again will result in a drastically smaller version of the attack.

-- Up Special: Galeforce
Galeforce is the class skill of Dark Fliers. Galeforce allows a unit to move and attack once more after killing an opponent. This move is only generally available to female units, but Robin can be either sex so I figured it could work.

Robin performs a spiraling, drill rush attack with her sword (this can be angled) imbued with wind energy. If Robin hits an enemy, she gets to "move again," meaning Robin isn't put into a "helpless" state (this can only be done once before landing). Furthermore, the move leaves a magical trail of wind which if an opponent comes into contact with it they will be trapped with a multihit hitbox. This allows Robin, who can now move again, able to follow up with an aerial attack and recover safely using her replenished recovery move.

-- Down Special: Vengeance
Vengeance is a class skill of Sorcerers. In Awakening it adds a unit's accrued damage to its attack strength. It's simple to see how it could be used in Smash - as Robin's damage percentage increases this move's effectiveness increases as well.

Robin places a seal on the ground. Any enemy unfortunate enough to come into contact with said seal will be engulfed in flames (in a manner similar to Ness' PK Fire). The move will be capable of trapping enemies at higher percentages. As Robin takes damage, however, the move's trapping power become more potent. At, say, 80% percent damage the move will reach its maximum effectiveness and the fire will burn purple. When an opponent wanders into one of the traps Robin will say, "Wrong move!" or "Predictable!"

- Final Smash: Rally Spectrum

Rally Spectrum is a class skill of Grandmasters (he promoted class of Tactician units). It increases all the stats of friendly units within range by 4 for a turn. While the move doesn't effect Robin herself in Awakening, for the sake of Smash it shall.

Naturally, Robin would yell, "Time to tip the scales!" and then she would grab her sword as if performing Ignis, but instead of blue flames and petals Robin's sword is covered in an aura of rainbow flames. When imbued with this rainbow flame all aspects of the Avatar get stronger: The Avatar is faster, stronger and immune to damage. This will last for the same amount of time as other "transformation" Final Smashes. In addition to increases in strength and speed, Robin's Specials gain new properties: Ignis now releases waves of blue fire along the ground, Lifetaker projectiles now no longer get smaller if used in quick succession, Galeforce can be done infinitely in air and Vengeance seals now burst into large, highly damaging pillars of flame (and Robin can now place up to three on the field, they'll even stick around after the final smash ends, though they will revert to the normal versions).

- Smash Moves:

-- Side Smash: Thoron

Robin thrusts one arm outward unleashing a medium sized bolt of lightning. Decent range and knockback. Multihit.

-- Down Smash: Elwind

Robin ducks and thrusts both arms outward releasing medium sized gusts of green wind in both directions. This is Robin's weakest Smash attack, but make up for it with large range and good knockback.

-- Up Smash: Elfire

Robin thrusts one arm directly upward creating a medium sized ball of fire. (Similar to Mewtwo's Up Smash.) Robin's most damaging Smash attack.

- Basic Attacks:

-- Combo: Tomefaire
Tomefaire is a passive attack skill in Awakening which increase a unit's magic stat by 5 when wielding a tome; I named this attack after said skill because it involves all three types of Anima magic. The idea itself comes from a combo of Sinistro's Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Robin performs a simple swipe with her tome and then creates three pillars of magic at different intervals. Each pillar is a different element: wind, fire and lightning and each gets taller. The pillars are spaced well enough that the opponent should connect with all four hits at low percentages. Robin may stop the combo at any stage. This is a good move to hamper approaches and the tallest pillar can be a fairly good anti-air move.

-- Dash Attack:
Robin stops short and strikes with the pommel of her sword. It has fairly poor range, but makes up for it with power.

-- Side Tilt:
Robin stabs forward with her sword. Decent range.

-- Down Tilt:
Robin slashes diagonally downward with her sword.

-- Up Tilt:
Robin raises her tome above her head and slams it shut. The move has hitboxes on the tome when raising it, but the slamming it shut does more damage.

- Grabs/Throws:

-- Pummel:
Robin knees her opponent quickly.

-- Forward throw: Arcthunder
Robin holds her opponent in front of her with on arm, casting a spell with the other, a cloud appears over the opponent's head an strikes them sending them barreling forward.

-- Up Throw: Arcfire
Robin tosses her opponent upward and hits them with a steady stream of fire after them.

-- Down Throw:
Robin slams her tome down hard on her opponent's head.

-- Back Throw: Arcwind
Robin throw her opponent behind her into a small cyclone which whips the opponent around quickly before sending them flying backwards.

- Aerial Attacks:

-- Neutral Aerial:
Robin performs a vertical spin attack with her sword.

-- Forward Aerial:
Robin brings her tome down vertically.

-- Back Aerial:
Robin stabs behind herself with her sword; extremely quick.

--Down Aerial:
Robin swings her sword below herself lazily.

-- Up Aerial:
Robin thrusts her sword upward horizontally as if blocking an attack. Can spike fairly well if sweetspotted.

- Other:

-- Taunt 1: Robin reads from her tome and the pages glow slightly.

-- Taunt 2: Robin's sword becomes imbued with fire, then wind, then electricity. Robin will say "Checkmate!" or "You're Finished!"

-- Win 1: Robin reads from her tome before slamming it shut and saying, "Now that's strategy!"

-- Win 2: Robin's sword burns with blue fire and pink petals, she says, "Sow... Sometimes I surprise even myself."
[/collapse]

Hong

The Strongest
T~T I wanted to post this before e3 but I couldn't because I had a duty to fulfill. Can you all pretend this post happened an hour before e3?

The people believed that the Hero of Strategy would again come to save them...

But the hero did not appear.

Faced by an onslaught of hype, the people could do nothing but appeal to Sakurai. In their last hour, as e3 drew nigh, they left their future in the hands of fate.

What became of that thread? None remain who know.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Gematsu leak confirmed with Mii & Pac-man today? Will Chrom be in over Robin?

The only strike against Chrom is that he'd be another sword fighter (like the Sword Mii). Hm...

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Guys. Once again, the first leak might be true, but there's nothing besides Sal Romano's word to link the two leaks.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Rest in peace Robin, which is a shame because I hoped for it a lot. This is basically the final nail in the coffin; as if wiifit/miis/Palutena/and Pac weren't enough.

Enjoy riding this out guys, I think I'm done for now

IronFish

Smash Ace
Rest in peace Robin, which is a shame because I hoped for it a lot. This is basically the final nail in the coffin; as if wiifit/miis/Palutena/and Pac weren't enough.

Enjoy riding this out guys, I think I'm done for now
Yeah don't bury him alive!

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, it would seem that the Sal leak is more than likely real at this point. However, I think there is a possibility that the second part is not. There's still a slim hope for Robin, but I wouldn't count on it.

Though, then again, I don't think most of us truly thought Robin was a particularly likely character to begin with.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Another of the Gematsu characters. This doesn't bode well.

I mean...there's still the chance the leaker lied a little to cover his tracks.

Or...maybe Chrom and Robin both made it in somehow?

Or...

...Hope will never die, dammit!

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
don't bury him alive!
This moment is the exact same as when the brawl roster got leaked; with everyone trying to deny it. It'll end in riding on hopes and dreams till it eventually crashes. Game comes out, some like it and some won't. Life will move on until Sakurai directs another smash game, that is if he is still interested and doesn't completely give it up to HAL

Expectations are dead on arrival

IronFish

Smash Ace
Well, it would seem that the Sal leak is more than likely real at this point. However, I think there is a possibility that the second part is not. There's still a slim hope for Robin, but I wouldn't count on it.

Though, then again, I don't think most of us truly thought Robin was a particularly likely character to begin with.
Don't give up, I mean the leaker did say the info was early, that is if the second part is even real.

IronFish

Smash Ace
This moment is the exact same as when the brawl roster got leaked; with everyone trying to deny it. It'll end in riding on hopes and dreams till it eventually crashes. Game comes out, some like it and some won't. Life will move on until Sakurai directs another smash game, that is if he is still interested and doesn't completely give it up to HAL

Expectations are dead on arrival
Enough of the negativity, there is always doubt, like I said could of switched from Chrom to Robin, but we will just see, I will be seriously pissed if we get Chrom as an Ike or Marth Luigi.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Don't give up, I mean the leaker did say the info was early, that is if the second part is even real.
Oh, about the early information thing, that seems to be contradicted by the fact that the leaker named Mii Fighter and mentioned a recent issue of Lucas possibly not returning.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Oh, about the early information thing, that seems to be contradicted by the fact that the leaker named Mii Fighter and mentioned a recent issue of Lucas possibly not returning.
Well it could mean they were talking about the Mii's being fighters not just background stuff.

Top Bottom