• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So a shift in my moveset idea.

Dspecial is going to work the same, but it is now aesthetically fire now instead of dark.

Uspecial will now be dark based instead. It will work like this; Robin will create two dark spheres of energy that circle around Robin. After this Robin can do multiple things with them, leave them in place, send them in any direction, hit them, or jump on one of them and then the other. To leave them in place a air dodge or spot dodge must be preformed. You can send them in any direction with the control stick, but only one at a time, and even have limited control over them. If you hit them they will explode. To jump on one of them you do Uspecial again, if he summons them in the and you double tap the Special button he will jump on the first one immediately after summoning them.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Dead Chrom for final smash. Robin just tosses him at people.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
This thread is starting to creep onto Shulk and Isaac territory. Have any of you seen how big this thread is?

Of course, it's nothing compared to Ridley's thread, but still...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This thread is starting to creep onto Shulk and Isaac territory. Have any of you seen how big this thread is?

Of course, it's nothing compared to Ridley's thread, but still...
You simply cannot compare anything to the Ridley thread.

But, wow, you're right about Shulk. To think that Robin, of all characters, could eventually match up to Shulk...

Hong

The Strongest
You know, one thing I was thinking of was giving the specials very simplistic names that are not element specific. Like, for a special that fires projectiles, it could be "Smite" or "Barrage" or something.

I say this because it leaves doors open for custom special moves. So like, a wind variant of a projectile passes through enemies, a thunder version pauses in the air and acts as a timed bomb, and a fire version is like the thunder version, only acts as a mine.

There are so many interesting implications for Robin when it comes to the custom special move system, though we can't speculate much on the subject until we know what her special moves are.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, one thing I was thinking of was giving the specials very simplistic names that are not element specific. Like, for a special that fires projectiles, it could be "Smite" or "Barrage" or something.

I say this because it leaves doors open for custom special moves. So like, a wind variant of a projectile passes through enemies, a thunder version pauses in the air and acts as a timed bomb, and a fire version is like the thunder version, only acts as a mine.

There are so many interesting implications for Robin when it comes to the custom special move system, though we can't speculate much on the subject until we know what her special moves are.
So many possibilities for a move set that can be explored...

I hope Sakurai realizes this potential.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Sspecial - Tornado

Uspecial - Balls

Dspecial - Mine

Nspecial - Charge

Can't get more simple then that. xD

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576

I don't think we really need to worry about moves' names when it comes to custom specials. We've seen Kirby's suction change into ice breath.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I might seem like Johnny-come-lately with this, but count me in.

We're damn near guaranteed to get a character from Awakening, and while Chrom may be a good choice for the most obvious reason (main lord of the game, considered to be the main character by most), Robin's a better choice for all the not so obvious reasons. His (or her) hybrid swords-and-magic fighting style would be a breath of fresh air when Fire Emblem's two reps so far are pure swordsmen and Smash has very few magic users, and Sakurai said uniqueness is a major part of deciding what characters to add. The new modular movesets could allow for many different spells and skills that'd let players tailor their version of Robin to suit their playstyle, just like in Awakening. The inclusion of both male and female versions of the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer open the door for Robin's male and female incarnations to both be playable. And hey, he (or she) becomes just as important as Chrom by the end of the game.

Can I say I'm impressed by all the support? We've--can I say we yet?--cracked the top 10 in character threads despite nearly all the others having a 9 month head start. If we'd been--heh heh--paired up when the others had (or, more realistically, if we had known as much about Robin during Awakening's development that we knew about Chrom), this thread might be unseating Palutena for #3.

So I guess to all fellow tacticians: Today, all our planning and discussing may come to fruition. We may be left waiting for longer, or maybe another character will reveal themselves to represent Awakening. But for better or worse, time for us to see if our thoughts are shared by the developers. Time to see if these invisible ties will give us the future we've hoped for.

And just maybe...time to tip the scales.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Welcome! Glad to see the streams of new supporters show no signs of stopping :3

6 hours until we might find out more...

Hong

The Strongest
I might seem like Johnny-come-lately with this, but count me in.

We're damn near guaranteed to get a character from Awakening, and while Chrom may be a good choice for the most obvious reason (main lord of the game, considered to be the main character by most), Robin's a better choice for all the not so obvious reasons. His (or her) hybrid swords-and-magic fighting style would be a breath of fresh air when Fire Emblem's two reps so far are pure swordsmen and Smash has very few magic users, and Sakurai said uniqueness is a major part of deciding what characters to add. The new modular movesets could allow for many different spells and skills that'd let players tailor their version of Robin to suit their playstyle, just like in Awakening. The inclusion of both male and female versions of the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer open the door for Robin's male and female incarnations to both be playable. And hey, he (or she) becomes just as important as Chrom by the end of the game.

Can I say I'm impressed by all the support? We've--can I say we yet?--cracked the top 10 in character threads despite nearly all the others having a 9 month head start. If we'd been--heh heh--paired up when the others had (or, more realistically, if we had known as much about Robin during Awakening's development that we knew about Chrom), this thread might be unseating Palutena for #3.

So I guess to all fellow tacticians: Today, all our planning and discussing may come to fruition. We may be left waiting for longer, or maybe another character will reveal themselves to represent Awakening. But for better or worse, time for us to see if our thoughts are shared by the developers. Time to see if these invisible ties will give us the future we've hoped for.

And just maybe...time to tip the scales.
All of those quips!

Wish you were around here sooner. No shortage of humour around these parts, but the more the merrier. We can't always have Robin, but we can always have a good time. This way, no matter what happens, we always win.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Holy crap the thread activity went up a lot, 10 pages more. Glad to see the support, I completely forgot it was already E3 so I guess we'll see what happens today and hope for everyone's favorite tactician. Now I go back to lurking in the shadows.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here we are loyal Tacticians... let's hope that our favorite avatar get drafted this morning. *Crosses Fingers*

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
1 hour away for the Nintendo presentation... part of me expects the character reveals to be reserved for Sakurai's 90 minute smash bros. discussion. Time will tell.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
1 hour away for the Nintendo presentation... part of me expects the character reveals to be reserved for Sakurai's 90 minute smash bros. discussion. Time will tell.
On that note, do we have any idea what time we're going to start seeing Smash stuff specifically during E3?

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
On that note, do we have any idea what time we're going to start seeing Smash stuff specifically during E3?
No idea I'd like to know as well, from what I understand there is a 90 minute time slot reserved for just smash and another 90 minutes for an "unannounced 3DS game".

In the mean time I'm going to watch all of the character reveal trailers....

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No idea I'd like to know as well, from what I understand there is a 90 minute time slot reserved for just smash and another 90 minutes for an "unannounced 3DS game".

In the mean time I'm going to watch all of the character reveal trailers....
I was under the impression that Nintendo's segment of E3 was three hours total, so wouldn't two 90 minute showcases would take up the whole thing? Then again, I'm still not sure how this whole thing is set up. I just hope I don't miss anything for some reason...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I wanted to get my updated Robin moveset out before Nintendo's presentation, but that isn't going to happen.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Miis confirmed... Good for their crowd, I guess. The leak worshippers are probably going insane right now.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Miis... ugh... Only thing I can say is for the 'amiibo' segment one of the icons showed Lucina, and since smash is the first to support it that may hint at Lucina being in, but perhaps I am looking in to it a bit too much?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Miis... ugh... Only thing I can say is for the 'amiibo' segment one of the icons showed Lucina, and since smash is the first to support it that may hint at Lucina being in, but perhaps I am looking in to it a bit too much?
Tom Nook was shown as well.

Miis confirmed... Good for their crowd, I guess. The leak worshippers are probably going insane right now.
Ugh... At least it proves nothing about the second leak.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Probably, but I'm still unsure how the Amibo statues actually work. Are they like additional fighters running around like ATs? Do you transform into them? Why would I use an Amibo of a character already in the game? Will they be used as Physical DLC later down the line? We might find out later on, but there's still a lot of questions.

EDIT: Palutena confrmed, too. Now that one I like a lot.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well...sometime you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. I kind of had a feeling we wouldn't see a third Fire Emblem reveal so quickly after Ike.

That said...could there still be a third character they're waiting to reveal at the invitational?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Wasn't what Lucina?
The only time I saw her was on the Amiibo pictures, and that doesn't really say anything... yet.

@Belzethin I'm fairly certain we'll get at least one. A lot of people speculated they announced so much FE stuff to lead up to a character reveal but apparently it wasn't. Unless Sakurai is a huge troll again and sprinkles more reveals throought the e3 coverage.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Well...sometime you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. I kind of had a feeling we wouldn't see a third Fire Emblem reveal so quickly after Ike.

That said...could there still be a third character they're waiting to reveal at the invitational?
We got 3 new characters last e3 I partially expect to see a third one here. Probably pac-man if he is in (as much as I don't want him...) maybe people will finally get an answer as to whether or not Ridley is playable, and if either of them aren't shown THEN I would expect a Fire Emblem rep.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dang it last thing we needed was a point in the leaks favor, but two? Ugh...
Palutena was expected anyway. Actually, Pac-Man not being in the Digital Event actually hints AGAINST him. That's the prime opportunity to show off Pac-Man and that's when Mega Man was shown last year. It'd be really weird not to get Pac-Man announced in the thing most everyone is watching, but we'll see how things play out.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'll be watching the Invitational for as long as I can and will try to follow the Q&A afterwards, though I'll suspect missing out on the latter due to it being at 4AM MEST >.<

If there will be another reveal I don't want to miss it.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Oh well, it is a true shame we are most likely getting freaking Chrom over Robin. Not to mention Ridley's chances are abysmal now. Oh well ;_;

Top Bottom