• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
A friend of mine said she has connections with a cosplay manufacturer and that I can put in a request for a Robin get-up, complete with rope and boots, anytime.

My brother's got the blonde-Mac cosplay down perfectly. I need to step up my game soon.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Creepin' on all the Link cosplayers, kidnappin' all the Zelda cosplayers.
Sounds like fun~ ;3
If I stuck up on a Link cosplayer who just reeled back and hit me in the face I would totally roll with it.
Say something like "You damaged my beautiful face!"
I think they'd get it. Or maybe not.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
A friend of mine said she has connections with a cosplay manufacturer and that I can put in a request for a Robin get-up, complete with rope and boots, anytime.

My brother's got the blonde-Mac cosplay down perfectly. I need to step up my game soon.
Oh, that's awesome! I do live with a professional doll and costume maker, though, so I've got everything I need to do my cosplays~

Thanks for the offer though, that's really really nice of you~ >w<

If I stuck up on a Link cosplayer who just reeled back and hit me in the face I would totally roll with it.
Say something like "You damaged my beautiful face!"
I think they'd get it. Or maybe not.
Just find a Link / Zelda cosplay couple and kidnap the Zelda in your magnificent manly arms and run away with her.

Whilst laughing maniacally and prancing gaily across the con floor, of course.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I need a Robin coat. Then I can walk around and be like:

you-can-look-but-don-t-touch-1.png

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
I won my school tournament! They apparently had setups for both Smash 4 and Brawl; I won with both :4robinf: in Smash 4 and :popo: in Brawl!

My school was so annoyed with me that I used the ICs chain grab, to the point where I felt a little bit bad about chaingrabbing to death. However, I made sure to only do it last stock so that it wouldn't become cumbersome. Of course, there were the occasional spikes with the ICs Fair, but it was very nice to win the tournament.

Fortunately, I played a little bit less 0-death-y with Robin. Of course, there was a Diddy Kong player at the tourney, but I think he only used him because he thought he was good, since he never Hoo-Hah'd, or did any other Dthrow combos. Of course, most of my school doesn't play all that competitively, so it felt nice beating everyone as Robin. I think the hardest match up was against a Rosalina, who managed to predict all my Thorons, but the Levin Sword saved me there.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I won my school tournament! They apparently had setups for both Smash 4 and Brawl; I won with both :4robinf: in Smash 4 and :popo: in Brawl!

My school was so annoyed with me that I used the ICs chain grab, to the point where I felt a little bit bad about chaingrabbing to death. However, I made sure to only do it last stock so that it wouldn't become cumbersome. Of course, there were the occasional spikes with the ICs Fair, but it was very nice to win the tournament.

Fortunately, I played a little bit less 0-death-y with Robin. Of course, there was a Diddy Kong player at the tourney, but I think he only used him because he thought he was good, since he never Hoo-Hah'd, or did any other Dthrow combos. Of course, most of my school doesn't play all that competitively, so it felt nice beating everyone as Robin. I think the hardest match up was against a Rosalina, who managed to predict all my Thorons, but the Levin Sword saved me there.
Congrats! Sounds like you proved our fair tactician proud. :3

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've made my decision. I'm preordering a Robin Amiibo this weekend, if I can that is... I was told by GameStop a few weeks ago that they can't handle Amiibo preorders for a time. Wish me luck, guys!

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
I've made my decision. I'm preordering a Robin Amiibo this weekend, if I can that is... I was told by GameStop a few weeks ago that they can't handle Amiibo preorders for a time. Wish me luck, guys!
I wanted to preorder a Robin amiibo but I think they're going to release the 2° wave like in February here so I think that I'm going to get C.Falcon first. Maybe I ask someone to mod the Robin amiibo to make her look like the Female one.

Also Melia Avatar!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I need a Robin coat. Then I can walk around and be like:
Robin's coat is the sexiest coat. Unf. That texture and powerful feel when wearing it...

I better craft that coat up for potential cosplays. (Now if I knew how to do 'em...)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Guys. GUYS. GUIIISE!
Have you seen it?
Robin is in Smash!

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Does this confirm Lucina? Also, what happened to Chrom?
Dunno, from the "?!" and what we've seen I think she's an alt for Marth though.
Also, Chrom seems to be Robin's final smash. Awesome!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Why are we doing this again...?

Oh, it's Robin. Resume fake speculation hype. :colorful:

Hong

The Strongest
Dunno, from the "?!" and what we've seen I think she's an alt for Marth though.
Also, Chrom seems to be Robin's final smash. Awesome!
Oh, so you summon him kind of like the Landmaster? Can't wait to ride him into battle when this game comes out.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's alright Chrom, I'll stay by your side even if you have majorly been deprived of any respect from Nintendo for rest of your days to come. :ohwell:

Also cue me and @False Sense getting to arguments about Robin-fans now being complete dickwads a righteous thing to do back at the Chrom-fans who were the same. Leading me to feel resentment to Robin.

I'll never get to feel as much hype as people here though, really. Only when Robin shows off all da Fire Emblem in his moveset. With magic no less.

Aside from that, it's just a stinging memory about me having to swallow pride of sorts (even if I never cared about FE-reps much), along with never able to see everyone in the battlefield because well, it means we have to completely ****, spit and scat over the left-out loser guy and eventually forget about him unless there's recurring stuff to make fun of him again, rinse, repeat. Chrom might be understandable in some ways, but at the same way, I'd hate to see someone who might I might grow some innocent liking to and even if, be better character overall become also a buttmonkey, twisting him to some over-done and awful comic relief character reliant on sociopathy and that stuff that makes me think humans are disturbingly sadistic people.

Starfy > Chrom > ???

So ahem, yeah. Hype hype. Woohoo. I shouldn't have ever supported the idiot blandie at the first place. Ah well, there's my fave class from Awakening who also throws me back on FE7. I'm game.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Robin hath tipped the scales and has slain the Gematsu dragon!

Sad because I don't want the latter to be playable at all. :crying:
Pretty sure you're not alone. But the fact that I got to play as Lemmy had me in mixed feels.

THIS IS WHY THEY HAD TO MAKE MORE ALTERNATIVE COSTUMES...

D

Deleted member

Don't worry, it's confirmed fake.
Shulk is just a Photoshopped Little Mac.
True, and that character select screen screams fake.
Why is Shulk next to the third party characters? Why is Yoshi before Rosalina even though he is repping his own series? And how come the clones aren't near their respective series? Wario also looks like he's cross-eyed and Mr. Game & Watch phases through Wario.
I mean, it's not like we'll get video proof that this is real, right?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
True, and that character select screen screams fake.
Why is Shulk next to the third party characters? Why is Yoshi before Rosalina even though he is repping his own series? And how come the clones aren't near their respective series? Wario also looks like he's cross-eyed and Mr. Game & Watch phases through Wario.
I mean, it's not like we'll get video proof that this is real, right?
Real talk:
I love how the ESRB leaks went like this:
*text leak appears*
Pics or it didn't happen.
*pics appear*
Fake. Video or it didn't happen.
*video appears*
Fake. Shulk looks like a Marth hack.
*Shulk is revealed with the same moveset and artwork as the leak*
Well, ****.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Real talk:
I love how the ESRB leaks went like this:
*text leak appears*
Pics or it didn't happen.
*pics appear*
Fake. Video or it didn't happen.
*video appears*
Fake. Shulk looks like a Marth hack.
*Shulk is revealed with the same moveset and artwork as the leak*
Well, ****.
I just dunno why people thought Shulk's footage was fake when we got more videos from the same guy showcasing Bowser Jr. as a playable character. 4's Bowser Jr. is far different from any Brawl hack that exists of him out there.

I just hate how the leak gave Shulk poor representation. I had no idea what was going on in it, but I know that the footage made him look bad. Even Shulk supporters were complaining (I remained iffy on the situation because I needed to see his trailer, but I was glad that he made it into Smash).

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Don't get me started on the people who thought the videos were Brawl hacks...

Bowser Jr. was based off Diddy Kong...

Says the people who know little about Brawl Diddy Kong...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Roy is a character I wish was never included in Smash Bros.
He was a low-effort clone that got way too big of a fanbase for his own good, when they could have not included him and people wouldn't be futilely clamouring for him now.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That's not really that weird, though, if you ask me.
You know what's weird?
The Koopalings transforming into Shadow Mario.

And who said it would have to be giant? Reduced range and power, but with more speed. That'd be an interesting spin on Ike's moveset.
Chrom fights like Lucina, or, more accurately, Lucina fights like him because he taught her.
Which would mean neither of them fight like Marth, but Lucina is a clone of Marth, so... :4dedede:
They could fight like Marth if it went down the family line for generations. They are his descendents yes?
Why not a combination of Marth, Chrom and Unique Chrom moves?

Plus, you've been named Diddy Kong since 2004?...

Yeah, I think you deserve to play as Diddy without anyone saying crap.
I hate versusing CPU Diddy Kong's.

I do too. I love SLJ. Just saying. Comic wise it's unnecessary with the fusion.

And yes. What is wrong with them? I was mad when Peter died too but I figured that was pretty temporary. This is questionable.
Fair enough,

Though about the deadpool's, do they have the same personality or what, the pictures I saw really didn't show.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Not from what I saw. I only saw Ultimate Deadpool in a small chunk of Ultimate Spider-Man. In 616 Deadpool is hilarious and awesome with some homicidal tendencies. Ultimate took Kitty Pryde and Spidey and put them on an island for people to hunt them for sport because he's basically a half robot redneck "mutie" hater. It's weird.

Top Bottom