• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Songs that suited Robin, well I would probable choose

1. Id (Purpose)

2. We Ride Together

3. Ballad of the Goddess

Though speaking of music, am I the only one who was extremely moved by the music playing in the second half of the New Fire Emblem trailer. I mean, it was just a remixed version of the normal fire emblem them, but there was just so much pain and sorrow in it that it was almost to much to listen to it without crying. Please tell me I not the only one

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Songs that suited Robin, well I would probable choose

1. Id (Purpose)

2. We Ride Together

3. Ballad of the Goddess

Though speaking of music, am I the only one who was extremely moved by the music playing in the second half of the New Fire Emblem trailer. I mean, it was just a remixed version of the normal fire emblem them, but there was just so much pain and sorrow in it that it was almost to much to listen to it without crying. Please tell me I not the only one
I have an emotional attachment to the Fire Emblem theme and and any other Fire Emblem music so any version of any song nearly moves me to tears every time I hear it.

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
I have an emotional attachment to the Fire Emblem theme and and any other Fire Emblem music so any version of any song nearly moves me to tears every time I hear it.
I am the same way, but as I have a big attachment to the Legend of Zelda themes and games I often practise on those stages so those themes often come into my head. :4tlink:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I am the same way, but as I have a big attachment to the Legend of Zelda themes and games I often practise on those stages so those themes often come into my head. :4tlink:
That'd be Mother 3 and Xenoblade for me, although since there's no M3 stages, Onett's the only substitute. : \

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Thanks for all the songs guys, I'm looking some songs to listen while I'm in tournament to fight the nerves I have and I was looking for one that suited Robin. In the end I think I'm going to go with Conquest (Ablaze), Together We Ride or ,in a more personal taste thing, Mechanical Rhythm.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

If confirmed for 2015 release in PAL regions.

JUST NEED THAT NA CONFIRM NOW NINTENDO DON'T LET ME DOWN.

Hong

The Strongest

I'm putting my gold on it.

If Fire Emblem was a one-off mini-boss in Nintendo's lineup before, it has now become a full on stage boss. Not quite a chapter boss or final boss like Legend of Zelda is, but enough to ship over a million units, take the Internet by storm, and suddenly have a new game open up a Nintendo Direct (complete with a bunch of merchandise announcements for Japan). Like, I'm not going to blow things out of proportion here, but I think Nintendo is going to be caring a lot more about getting this baby shipped. 3DS owners love Fire Emblem.

I figure November of this year, the latest. A bold claim, but I'm sticking with it.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm putting my gold on it.

If Fire Emblem was a one-off mini-boss in Nintendo's lineup before, it has now become a full on stage boss. Not quite a chapter boss or final boss like Legend of Zelda is, but enough to ship over a million units, take the Internet by storm, and suddenly have a new game open up a Nintendo Direct (complete with a bunch of merchandise announcements for Japan). Like, I'm not going to blow things out of proportion here, but I think Nintendo is going to be caring a lot more about getting this baby shipped. 3DS owners love Fire Emblem.

I figure November of this year, the latest. A bold claim, but I'm sticking with it.
Seeing as how they're reusing the (seemingly) same engine as Awakening, I'll stick by you on that I'm willing to even say October or September though.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
So normally I'd stick with female default Robin or yellow Robin, but now I've been picking the default male or blue alt and I feel weird. Probably because ship\I feel more identifiable with female but at the same time I don't.

Pls help

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So normally I'd stick with female default Robin or yellow Robin, but now I've been picking the default male or blue alt and I feel weird. Probably because ship\I feel more identifiable with female but at the same time I don't.

Pls help
What's wrong with playing as Male Robin?

Male Robin is awesome.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

You know, Nintendo has made itself incredibly comfortable in the folds of my wallet this past year or so and it's starting to think it owns the darn place. I'm not sure when I should start giving it eviction notices.

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
You know, Nintendo has made itself incredibly comfortable in the folds of my wallet this past year or so and it's starting to think it owns the darn place. I'm not sure when I should start giving it eviction notices.
Just wait until after Fire Emblem 14, Star Fox, Zelda U, eventual 2015 Pokémon, Pokkén Tournament, and...

Actually, maybe do it immediately.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Nintendo's releases this year are frickin insane. Remember when people though Nintendo was going to have a bad year of releases in 2015? lol. Say that to everyone's empty wallet

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, just before I nearly pulled of one of the most awesome combos I have very done on a cup.

Ok, I was versusing cup Zelda while on battlefield, last stock. I had a used up Levin Sword in my hand and she was charging up a Phantom slash. I quick threw my LS at her, knocking Zelda of stage, they chased her and BS fair her before she could grab the edge. Then I jump and at the peak of my jump, unleashed a Thoron on Zelda. Unfortunately, I was a smig beneath Zelda and due to the end lag of Thoron, ended up suiciding of the edge and Zelda winning the match. So close, anyway....

I am the same. I absolutely love the music in the Zelda series, particular the song of time, Ballad of the Goddess, Song of Healing and a personal favourite, Fi's Farewell (I cry every time I hear it)

Male Robin is awesome.
Nothing at all!

Male Robin is the best! I use him all the time too.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Nintendo's releases this year are frickin insane. Remember when people though Nintendo was going to have a bad year of releases in 2015? lol. Say that to everyone's empty wallet
Nintendo releases constantly good games, people don't praise it, since they are used to it.
Also, being Hipster and stuff.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788

Male Robin is awesome.
I feel like I identify more with female partially because I'm used to her, but I also don't. He's a lot more calm then female Robin, as oppose to her being sassy in smash which I love xD

Guys, just before I nearly pulled of one of the most awesome combos I have very done on a cup.

Ok, I was versusing cup Zelda while on battlefield, last stock. I had a used up Levin Sword in my hand and she was charging up a Phantom slash. I quick threw my LS at her, knocking Zelda of stage, they chased her and BS fair her before she could grab the edge. Then I jump and at the peak of my jump, unleashed a Thoron on Zelda. Unfortunately, I was a smig beneath Zelda and due to the end lag of Thoron, ended up suiciding of the edge and Zelda winning the match. So close, anyway....

I am the same. I absolutely love the music in the Zelda series, particular the song of time, Ballad of the Goddess, Song of Healing and a personal favourite, Fi's Farewell (I cry every time I hear it)

Nothing at all!

Male Robin is the best! I use him all the time too.
I just wanted to say, whoever drew your profile picture (I'm assuming it was you) it's really nice and well done, I like it c:

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I found this cosplay of Female Robin recently...

I remember seeing this a while back. It's without a doubt the best F!Robin cosplay that I've seen so far, although the only thing missing from this is her characteristic brown-gold eyes, which could have been solved by just putting on contact lenses.

But ah well, good cosplaying is good cosplaying. She's quite pretty.

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
FTR, Dr. Strange is a fellow magic man, so it totally fits that side of Robin.

Plus, Male Robin has that light-blue color, so you can even use that color of his as a pretend cosplay.
Plus Doctor Strange is a boss

(WARNING! Immense amount of swearing in the spoiler'd image!)

I'm not sure which song I'd go with, but I'm going to say the Boot Hill Heroes Soundtrack because it is awesome, and all of you should listen to it. It's composed by Jake Kaufman who did most of the music to Shovel Knight.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I remember seeing this a while back. It's without a doubt the best F!Robin cosplay that I've seen so far, although the only thing missing from this is her characteristic brown-gold eyes, which could have been solved by just putting on contact lenses.
They seemed fine to me? Robin's eyes aren't gold.

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015

Male Robin is awesome.
^^ Totally agreed, male Robin is more of an calm, collected, strategic tactician when it comes to fighting, whereas female Robin has the sass which makes her more of a fighter.. although she does say "time to tip the scales!" correctly, which is a very important asset to have.

PS: Default colouring ftw!

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Ok

@ Elezir Elezir , @Wintropy, @TimidKitsune129

Welcome to the Barracks of the Robin thread. Enjoy my fellow Tacticians!
Oh <3, thanks :happysheep:

Male Robin is awesome.
That ^
Sometimes I do use F!Robin (her pink alt is pretty cute), but I like to stare at M!Robin so much:cheep: Also, his green alt reminds me of Mark 8D or is it the contrary? oh well...
btw, one thing that's making upset in FE7 is the fact that Mark could very well not exist oO Sometimes I even forget there's a tactician in the game at all...

...just to end my post, more Robin images

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467

I went to a convention in Vegas this weekend. While I didn't see that particular Robin, I took a photo of a female Morgan and Nah with I believe Kellam's hair color. There was an Owain as well but I didn't get the chance to take a photo of him.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Guys when you think of Robin in a fight what song comes to you head?
Huzzah.

What were you expecting? Another song from FE/LOZ or similar?

But for some reason, it's like a trip to his psyche in a way or another. Look at some of the lyrics. It sways in slow but catchy motion and has many layers of elements... and it feels timeless. Much like our tactician magician himself.:4robinm:

I'd really like to relate him to this song.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
[
^^ Totally agreed, male Robin is more of an calm, collected, strategic tactician when it comes to fighting, whereas female Robin has the sass which makes her more of a fighter.. although she does say "time to tip the scales!" correctly, which is a very important asset to have.

PS: Default colouring ftw!
It bugs the **** out of me that male robin doesn't say "time to tip the scales" and she does. Although he does have the "you're not ready" taunt, clearly learning from Pit in brawl

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Yep, 2015 is the bane of my wallet, new Fire Emblem, Star Fox AND Zelda??!! All coming probably really close to each other by the end of the year? "I can feel the money loosening from my wallet already"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh <3, thanks :happysheep:

That ^
Sometimes I do use F!Robin (her pink alt is pretty cute), but I like to stare at M!Robin so much:cheep: Also, his green alt reminds me of Mark 8D or is it the contrary? oh well...
btw, one thing that's making upset in FE7 is the fact that Mark could very well not exist oO Sometimes I even forget there's a tactician in the game at all...

...just to end my post, more Robin images
You're welcome :) . Ah another M!Robin support. And you like the green alt too. I always choose between the green or default Alt when playing as Robin cause the default is awesome and the green reminds me of my avatar.

Speaking of my avatar, @Pikachewy99 would adore that third picture you have got.

*cries a river of tears*

Someone is trying to impress @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy .
Well I have got two NonSpecficGuys on Netflix, one being GunBlaze and they other being some one from the Link threads, though I forgerbhis name. Well, there also @Robertman2 but I haven seen him in a while, unless his just in the Lucina Threads.

Hardly the only one, but clearly one of the most memorable :awesome:

Dat new FE Game tho
Ain't that the truth

Top Bottom