• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Robin's taunt where he twirls the sword around is immensely random.

And that's saying a lot, for a game with ballerina Link and Super Saiyan Fox.

Hey everyone. Do you remember that part of Fire Emblem: Awakening where Robin had telekinesis and was able to levitate her sword before everyone's eyes?
Almost as random as your comment on it. Seriously though, this looks like a reply to something but i cannot see to what o.o

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Almost as random as your comment on it. Seriously though, this looks like a reply to something but i cannot see to what o.o
Nah. Social threads will go all over the place as far as discussion goes.

It was just on my mind.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
With how the last couple pages have been about death, I'd like to bring up a factor of Awakening that I think is incredibly stupid. The fact that, barring very minor characters, nobody truly dies/stays dead from the scripted story.

Emmeryn's death made you cry? Don't worry she's just a paralogue chapter away! Wanted to play as the villains but can't because you killed them all? Guess what, they're back and you can make them good guys! Ugh...

On a side note I find it hilarious how there's two separate Marths on one of my old files and they can even have a Hubba test with each other. XD

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
With how the last couple pages have been about death, I'd like to bring up a factor of Awakening that I think is incredibly stupid. The fact that, barring very minor characters, nobody truly dies/stays dead from the scripted story.

Emmeryn's death made you cry? Don't worry she's just a paralogue chapter away! Wanted to play as the villains but can't because you killed them all? Guess what, they're back and you can make them good guys! Ugh...

On a side note I find it hilarious how there's two separate Marths on one of my old files and they can even have a Hubba test with each other. XD
Meh, at least they attempted some explanation for it. Unlike the "hire old enemies" feature that had appeared in games like Sacred Stones. And they were optional, endgame content (literally only available before the final chapter). I just wish they had more Supports, myself.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I think one of the saddest was probably the Part 4 Radiant Dawn base convo where they find Amy, when Calil has died in battle.

muh feels :crying:
Obviously someone hadn't seen Leila's death scene if Matthew has died. Oh my god, I literally cried while holding my GBA.

I can't remember the exact line, but it's something like

Hector: "No... Leila... this isn't right. I promise, Leila, we'll bring your body back to Lycia be buried... right next to Matthew."

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't get swayed by death quotes all that much...

Hell during Chapter 9 of Awakening I didn't get choked up either.

Death stuff doesn't seem to affect me in anyway. Be it in fiction or real life. :/

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Nah. Social threads will go all over the place as far as discussion goes.

It was just on my mind.
Ok, i just had a random thought of my own: Is it just me or does Kaneki from Tokyou Ghoul look a bit similar to Robin in this part of the opening?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This is what I had initially assumed, that it was a raw charge like Quick Draw or Shield Breaker. Since Sakurai never mentioned anything about it being chargeable in the articles following, I assumed that would not be the case. That said, it could still be chargeable and he just didn't think it deemed worth mentioning.

It's possible that the fire rises from below and conjoins above Robin, growing in power until released.
Maybe that could be what sets it apart from PK Fire. After all, back during Brawl's development did he ever mention Ike could charge Quick Draw?

Hong

The Strongest
Maybe that could be what sets it apart from PK Fire. After all, back during Brawl's development did he ever mention Ike could charge Quick Draw?
No, it was never featured on the Dojo or anything. On the other hand, Eruption was, and it detailed that it was charged.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ok, i just had a random thought of my own: Is it just me or does Kaneki from Tokyou Ghoul look a bit similar to Robin in this part of the opening?

I'd say he looks like pretty much every white-haired anime bishounen. lol

@ Hong Hong

I think the animation Robin does before throwing the tome away in the trailer where he flips through the tome's pages might be a taunt.

The animation where he closes the book could be one of those short animations the characters do while standing.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'd say he looks like pretty much every white-haired anime bishounen. lol

@ Hong Hong

I think the animation Robin does before throwing the tome away in the trailer where he flips through the tome's pages might be a taunt.

The animation where he closes the book could be one of those short animations the characters do while standing.
Nope, for i have seen no other having brown eyes. Red, violet, blue, green? Jup. But brown i only saw on Robin and him. Also black hoodie X)

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, I think what's happening there is he tried to charge a tome beyond its remaining capacity, which would explain why it would get automatically discarded.
Had not thought of that. Good point.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229

I actually found Emmeryn's return even more tragic than her simply remaining dead. Chrom and Lissa not only have to watch her jump to her death, but when they see her again she doesn't remember them at all. It's like losing her twice.

Edit: I have to coax my d key into working sometimes.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Sakurai generally only detailed 2 moves and the character's FS on the Dojo. The other specials were usually just listed.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Thoron is the only ranged I attack I see that can go through multiple people making me wonder could this attack be blocked by fighters with meat shields like Rosalina & Luma. The other thing I wonder is can Thoron be reflected by reflectors (Mario, Fox, Zelda, etc.), pocketed by the Villager, absorbed (Ness), or Negated (Rosalina)?
When I saw Thoron, I was instantly reminded of ROB's laser from Brawl. It'll probably work similiarly to that.

Considering the weaker lightning attacks look (purely going of aesthetics) weaker, and are probably able to be reflected, it'd make sense to keep it consistent and have thoron be reflectable as well. Although, even if it is reflectable, it could work similiarly to when Shiek's needles or Ice Climber's ice blocks work when reflected, in that they cancel themselves out.

Thoron does look like it could actually be a 'stream' of multiple projectiles and has more than one hit, whereas ROB's laser was just a single giant hitbox(I think, at least).

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I actually foun Emmeryn's return even more tragic than her simply remaining dead. Chrom and Lissa not only have to watch her jump to her death, but when they see her again she doesn't remember them at all. It's like losing her twice.
Agreed. I wish we got Mustafa as a Spotpass character. Or Cervantes.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Bs9EU2pCMAEIt-1.jpg

Agreed. I wish we got Mustafa as a Spotpass character. Or Cervantes.
I honestly think having Mustafa as a Spotpass character using the "nope, he's not dead" excuse would be kind of lame, i mean so many moments were kinda ruined for me because of that, "Oh no Emmeryn died! :urg:" nope, "Oh no Basilio died! :urg:" nope, "We finally killed that dastard of Gangrel! :chuckle:" nope Chrom forgot to kill him before leaving :awesome:.

Hong

The Strongest
After we killed basically the entire boarder guard of Regna Ferox and no one seemed bothered by it, I stopped caring about the mortal status of any of the characters involved with Awakening. I love that game and its characters, but gosh it only took four chapters for it to feel like it stopped trying.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Chrom's a good guy, eh, wombo combos for his friends and is not afraid of anything.

I can pretty much wait for his own style to emerge in time - until then... *swooning*

"perfect final smash is perfect"

Last edited:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Although I'm glad that Robin made it in the game as the playable character, I still felt really bad. It's not about Chrom, but rather about his voice actor: Matthew Mercer. I did a little research and I found out that Matthew Mercer was the one who starred and directed the live-action web original "There Will Be Brawl." He must have been a really big Super Smash Bros. fan to make that project and he was probably really excited too with the potential that the characters that he voiced had a very high chance of being in the next smash game. But Sakurai chose Robin over Chrom as the main Awakening representative.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Although I'm glad that Robin made it in the game as the playable character, I still felt really bad. It's not about Chrom, but rather about his voice actor: Matthew Mercer. I did a little research and I found out that Matthew Mercer was the one who starred and directed the live-action web original "There Will Be Brawl." He must have been a really big Super Smash Bros. fan to make that project and he was probably really excited too with the potential that the characters that he voiced had a very high chance of being in the next smash game. But Sakurai chose Robin over Chrom as the main Awakening representative.
Well, he's a fairly talented guy. If they brought him in to voice Chrom for the trailer, he probably voices an Assist Trophy or two, or maybe even another fighter. Don't worry; I'm sure he's honoured to be on board and Nintendo won't let him go hungry.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
But he still faked his death.
But Basilio's "death" is different from the spotpass characters, really. It's a plot twist: part of Robin's plan that we don't see. The spotpass characters are just after the game "yay, character" characters.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Aside from what Hong said, I bet he also had a good laugh when seeing the script and a blast perfoming his lines in the trailer.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think that's actually Robin's animation when he's performing the last hit of his Wind Tome Jab Combo. He's just not attacking an enemy, so the animation runs smoothly, and doesn't stop due to enemy contact.

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
View attachment 19275

I honestly think having Mustafa as a Spotpass character using the "nope, he's not dead" excuse would be kind of lame, i mean so many moments were kinda ruined for me because of that, "Oh no Emmeryn died! :urg:" nope, "Oh no Basilio died! :urg:" nope, "We finally killed that dastard of Gangrel! :chuckle:" nope Chrom forgot to kill him before leaving :awesome:.
OMG THAT PICTURE!!!!
I laughed way more than I should have

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Has anyone else thought that the Robin trailer sort of plays through Chapter 13 again? You get a rogue assassin coming in to eliminate Chrom, only to have Lucina save his life (but not his dignity)?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hey guys, I've noticed something. I don't know if this has been shown in any other thread but I thought this was cool.

So you remember this image right?

It's apparently based on this:
I find that pretty cool. :3

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Has anyone else thought that the Robin trailer sort of plays through Chapter 13 again? You get a rogue assassin coming in to eliminate Chrom, only to have Lucina save his life (but not his dignity)?
That'd... be pretty funny if that was the case. I haven't played Awakening so I wouldn't know.

Hong

The Strongest
Hey guys, I've noticed something. I don't know if this has been shown in any other thread but I thought this was cool.

So you remember this image right?

It's apparently based on this:
I find that pretty cool. :3
Ha ha. That man certainly loves Awakening. I have no doubt in my heart.

Top Bottom