• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Only the Levin Sword has a certain amount of uses. Sakurai specifically said the tome "breaks" from overuse, and then went on to say the Levin Sword breaks after a certain amount of uses. I think tome usage will be fine so long as the player doesn't spam spells like there's no tomorrow.
Hmm... so you're saying that the tomes gradually regenerate over time no matter what? Like, if you use a tome less, they regenerate hits you exhausted from them?

That's something that Hong specifically stated wanting to happen. I don't know if that's accurate, but its an interesting note.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
Hmm... so you're saying that the tomes gradually regenerate over time no matter what? Like, if you use a tome less, they regenerate hits you exhausted from them?

That's something that Hong specifically stated wanting to happen. I don't know if that's accurate, but its an interesting note.
Yeah, that's what it looks like according to Sakurai's wording anyways. I'd assume the regeneration for the tome is slower than when it's broken though, to balance it out a bit more.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Wait a gosh darn second... You are having Micaiah discussion and you didn't call me over here? What the heck is this?!?!!?

In my opinion, Micaiah and Ike share somewhat of a Goku and Gohan relationship. Please bare with me.

Goku and Ike are both the main character of a game/show with out Gohan or Micaiah being present. For Goku, it was Dragon Ball, for Ike it was Path of Radiance. However in Dragon Ball Z Gohan becomes present, and in Radiant Dawn, Micaiah becomes present. In DBZ, certain parts of the story, such as Cell, Namek, and Parts of the Buu sagas Gohan is clearly the main character, but in other such as the end of Buu's saga, Goku is the critical character. In Radiant Dawn, Micaiah plays the lead in part one and plays a big part in part 3 and 4 (via Yune) as well. Ike plays a part in part 3 and part 4. In both DBZ and RD the main character from the prequel ends up taking the reigns at the very end of the story, however they wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of the "new" major character that arrives in the sequel.

I hope that made sense. The point is though, that since Gohan is such a critical character in DBZ, Micaiah should also be a critical character in Fire Emblem. Don't forget she is confirmed a role in SMT X FE. (But then again, so did Sothe and Elincia.)

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Just saw this on memebase and didn't remember anyone posting it here. Thought it was funny.

EDIT: Also gotta agree that Micaiah is a bit more important to RD than Ike is.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
IMO if Ness returns anything like he was in the past 3 games, I'm going to imagine the Robin MU will be abysmal for the same reason as the Marth MU. Ness has bad enough reach as it is, Thankfully Robin's pokes are a little on the laggy side.
Look at how long it is. :)
yeah i couldn't fit then both into one well enough. So i made a double version. I also did the same for the three mii fighters.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Grima would still make for an awesome stage or Assist Trophy. :)
One can only hope that we'll be getting at least two Fire Emblem stages on Wii U. I stand by my idea for having a stage on Grima's back as it flies through the sky. But having Grima as an assist trophy would be awesome too, assuming it's not too overpowered. ;)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One can only hope that we'll be getting at least two Fire Emblem stages on Wii U. I stand by my idea for having a stage on Grima's back as it flies through the sky. But having Grima as an assist trophy would be awesome too, assuming it's not too overpowered. ;)
I'd still rather the second Wii U FE stage (if we get one) be a Radiant Dawn stage, probably the Tower of Guidance.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder if Robin in Smash will mean that every Fire Emblem from now on will have an avatar tactician character.

And then when you upgrade you get the honor of wearing the purple coat.
I expect it to become a staple of Fire Emblem. Both FE12 and Awakening have had it, and with the success of Awakening, I believe those who are introduced to Fire Emblem through Awakening will expect it in future games too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yep. It's at the bottom. ^~^

http://ticcytx.tumblr.com/

Man, that's depressing. Poor Chrom... :sadsheep:

That actually makes me wish he'd gotten in at least as a costume or something. Oh well, at least he can fight when items are on.

Chrom's a cool guy. He doesn't deserve what he's getting from the fans. (Even though some of it is hella funny.)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yeah, that's what it looks like according to Sakurai's wording anyways. I'd assume the regeneration for the tome is slower than when it's broken though, to balance it out a bit more.
This makes good sense to me.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, if Grima were to shop up as a stage, it would be in the 3DS version, since it was from a 3DS game.

That said, I think it would be a great stage, even better than it was in Awakening. Having Grima turn and rotate beneath you as you fought on his back. Having his head occasionally rise up and cast Expiration on the fighters. Maybe even summoning Risen to the fight. It would be epic.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Is Chrom forgetting that he gets to help Robin finish off opponents every time he/she gets to use his/her Final Smash?

He still gets to fight, sort of.
Lol, in the context of that picture this is pretty funny. Imagine Chrom at home changing baby Lucina's diaper and, then, randomly he's teleported from home to the battlefield to help Robin.

EDIT: Lawl, this picture already exists (sort of)

Best part about Robin fanart is that half the time some Robins are going to deviate from the default. Keeps things fresh and enjoyable, kinda like this Final Smash.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If they can pull it off with nobunga, they can pull it off with practically anything. :roll:

Even still, even if it was just styled the same.

Fire emblem felt....better than conquest.
it's hard to explain. ;_;
it probably has to do with the pace.

Despite being a tactical RPG Fire Emblem has a very fluid pace when it comes to the gameplay since you can speed up movement, skip battle scene, and stuff.

Where as in Conquest they move sooooo slow all the time, battle part is also awfully slow, and it was just a slow paced game in general which was infuriating for me.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The gameplay in Conquest was fine. Stop h8ing on it, m8.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Haven't played any FE yet, but bought Awakening to play when i leave on my vacation to Denmark X) So only thing i can really answer is :

"What would you change about Awakening?" because my answer is "Add the Necromancer class". Actually that'd be my answer to about any Game that doesn't have them, because they are simply my most favourite class of all time (mind you, only the type from Guild Wars 2, Age of Conan, Diablo 2 or the modclass from Torchlight 2, because i don't like full puppeteer classes. In those games Necromancers are pretty much "Jacks of all Trades, Masters of none", able to fight at long and close range, have direct damage and DoT spells, aswell as healing/life drain and summons).
Isn't only one character in the whole series a Necromancer? I'm with you, though... more Necromancers.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It really helps that Robin's the first time where the non-face of the respective game got in over the actual face of the game.

In every Smash series that has a consistent cast of main characters, the actual main character got in first, followed by the deuteragonist, then either the third protagonist, the rival, or the villain. Mario and Luigi then Bowser, Link and Zelda then unlockable Ganon, Fox and Falco then Wolf, you get the idea.

But for the franchises that don't have constant main characters, the face of the first game proper is put in, then the face of the current game of the franchise at the time. Ness is basically Ninten upscaled and he got Lucas later, Pikachu is the mascot with Jigglypuff serving as co-star, and Lucario and Greninja came later, and Marth himself was the star of the first FE, with Roy selling FE7 and Ike selling FE9 and 10. Everyone expected Chrom mostly by tradition and precedent that Smash had set for FE.

Robin though....he just completely slapped that precedent aside. If anyone expected him, if at all, it would be after a Chrom or a Chrom+Lucina reveal. To have him take the spotlight like this....it's awesome in every sense of the word.

Hong

The Strongest
<3 Mims is so cute when he sudokus. It's okay. He does this at least twice a week and he still carries on just fine..
Is Chrom forgetting that he gets to help Robin finish off opponents every time he/she gets to use his/her Final Smash?

He still gets to fight, sort of.
"Fighting for your friends is the highest honour." :4myfriends:
I never understood why people include their "My Unit" in art, it always bothered me for some arbitrary reason. I suppose I am just a "default" type of person that hates fun.
Self-insert ChromxFeMU fan-fics.:cyclops:

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, Robin is the first character you see when you start up a playthrough since you have to customize him/her. Just skip the intro video and yeah, good to go! :troll:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
But for the franchises that don't have constant main characters, the face of the first game proper is put in, then the face of the current game of the franchise at the time. Ness is basically Ninten upscaled and he got Lucas later, Pikachu is the mascot with Jigglypuff serving as co-star, and Lucario and Greninja came later, and Marth himself was the star of the first FE, with Roy selling FE7 and Ike selling FE9 and 10. Everyone expected Chrom mostly by tradition and precedent that Smash had set for FE.
Just curious, but by "selling" you mean "aided in the sales of," right (since you use star with Marth and selling for the other two)?

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Gosh, I really need to quit showing up late to all of these interesting discussions you folks have. Oh well.

When he does a grid based number puzzle?

Still, impressive to be doing sudokus while committing seppuku. :p
:joyful::joyful:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
My fave hair options for each gender are;

Male;
Build 1 hair 3 color 7
Build 2 hair 2 color 9
Build 2 hair 3 color 10

Female;
Build 1 hair 5 color 10
Build 2 hair 1 color 2
Build 2 hair 2 color 4
Build 2 hair 4 color color 19
Build 3 hair 2 color 2
Build 3 hair 3 color 8
Build 3 hair 4 color 18
Build 3 hair 5 color 6

My absolute fave one of these is the male build 1 hair 3 color 7 one of these.

Any of these as palette swaps would be cool.

:L

Hong

The Strongest
The more I think about Robin, the more comfortable I am with the character. Like many, I have been VERY wary of the durability system. But it can't really be all that bad. By the way Sakurai described it, your tomes really need to be taxed mindlessly for them to break. The Levin Sword is something I would imagine has to be managed more carefully, but even if it breaks it can't be all too bad. As long as the bronze sword at least has enough launch power that it's safe-on-hit, I'm okay with it.

Everyone in Smash 4 basically has kill throws now. In that sense, Robin should be able to score KOs even in the worst of circumstances. I'm going to assume the Levin Sword and Thoron are going to be the kill-tools, otherwise. That aerial fsmash has a sexy down-to-forward motion, so you should be able to take "free" swings on a grounded opponent on a full hop depending on the start-up.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm not sure we can get the different builds, because it would mean different model sizes, which wouldn't work. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we got the unique faces from the different builds, at least one alt skin with each face? That I could see.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
The more I think about Robin, the more comfortable I am with the character. Like many, I have been VERY wary of the durability system. But it can't really be all that bad. By the way Sakurai described it, your tomes really need to be taxed mindlessly for them to break. The Levin Sword is something I would imagine has to be managed more carefully, but even if it breaks it can't be all too bad. As long as the bronze sword at least has enough launch power that it's safe-on-hit, I'm okay with it.

Everyone in Smash 4 basically has kill throws now. In that sense, Robin should be able to score KOs even in the worst of circumstances. I'm going to assume the Levin Sword and Thoron are going to be the kill-tools, otherwise. That aerial fsmash has a sexy down-to-forward motion, so you should be able to take "free" swings on a grounded opponent on a full hop depending on the start-up.
I mean... it can be that bad, but I'm optimistic. In other words: I agree with you, the durability system no longer seems that detrimental.

And that Fair is incredibly sexy.

Actually I wonder if your throws will be affected by what sword you have out. (It seems unlikely)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is also worth noting that Robin isn't the only new character who seems to be "hard to master". Rosalina with Luna shenanigans, Mega Man with his 102381920 projectiles, Little Mac with almost literally no recovery... Palutena could be one as well, though we still need to know which of her moves are the default ones. So yeah... It will be fun trying to git gud with the new characters in Smash.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Reminds me a little of how Epona's boost gauge is handled in Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess. Use one or two at a time, and they slowly regenerate. Blow them all, and you have to wait for them all to recharge.

That might not translate the best, though. Anyone who wasn't spamming the tomes wouldn't ever be in danger of breaking them unless they regenerated so slowly that you'd be screwed for a good 30 seconds if you did break one.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Just something I thought I'd share that made me laugh.

Also this:

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
It is also worth noting that Robin isn't the only new character who seems to be "hard to master". Rosalina with Luna shenanigans, Mega Man with his 102381920 projectiles, Little Mac with almost literally no recovery... Palutena could be one as well, though we still need to know which of her moves are the default ones. So yeah... It will be fun trying to git gud with the new characters in Smash.
Palutena's moveset can be seen on Miiverse. And it makes her unappealing to me. It would have been better for her to have a focused one, especially if it focused on her shield.

Robin does seem to have a learning curve alongside Rosalina and Palutena. Though she's the most appealing one out of the bunch for me.

Top Bottom