• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can still feel my initial hype from Monday morning. Which is - impressive. Newcomer hype generally dies down for me after about a day. It may have to do with being a large part of Robin's support group for the past year. Though, the new mechanic Robin brings and Famitsu information have kept me quite hyped.

My original plan for Monday was: wake up early (video was at 9 AM in my time zone and I'm not an early riser), watch the video, go back to sleep. My hype killed any chance of me getting back to sleep.
I agree! Completely! Considering the fact that this is the first character that I REALLY wanted before being announced, I'm just... ecstatic. I can't get over the hype. And now I'm hyping other characters as well.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
When an opponent is caught, Robin can deal damage multiple times, until the opponent breaks out or the tome breaks.
That's an interesting idea. They're button mashing to get out of the attack while you're button mashing to drain health from them...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think it will basically be a special grab but with normal range like Koopa Claw.

When an opponent is caught, Robin can deal damage multiple times, until the opponent breaks out or the tome breaks.
Oh, right, yeah, I forgot they might have to button mash to break free. Naturally, Robin's tome would degrade more the more Robin holds it.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I wonder if Robin in Smash will mean that every Fire Emblem from now on will have an avatar tactician character.

And then when you upgrade you get the honor of wearing the purple coat.

Hong

The Strongest
I think My Unit is here to stay.

I don't think Robin as we know it will be here, as you said, but I'm not opposed to the Tactician class being a thing going forward, and as long as I like the design, I'm okay with them replacing Robin. Especially if it's a Link sort of deal, and they are all just "Robin" going forward.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wonder if Robin in Smash will mean that every Fire Emblem from now on will have an avatar tactician character.

And then when you upgrade you get the honor of wearing the purple coat.
I think that was probably going to happen either way. They might even keep Robin as the same default name, even if its a different character in future games.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I can see them keeping Robin since after Smash it will let people be familiar.

But, like with Link, I refuse to not use my own names.
Actually, if in Japanese I do like Reflet. Sounds kinda cool ...

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
If not for the durability mechanic, spamming Arcfire would be a win/win in so many situations.

It's like PK Fire, but it ALWAYS activates, no matter what it touches. For example, if your opponent is holding the ledge, without tome depreciation you could keep spamming it, and force them to jump from the ledge to get back. You can even throw it on the ground to deny ground approach, and even if your opponent will block it, the hitstun will be such a huge detriment on their aggression. Since it is on a downward arc, even on reflection it is pretty safe as long as they are not too close.

I think the durability mechanic allows the designer to have a bunch of moves that would be otherwise big no-nos in game design, since suddenly a limited resource is involved. Going by this line of thinking, I wouldn't be surprised if Elwind doesn't put you into free-fall. It's not like Robin can just stall off-stage forever; there is probably only enough juice on a fresh tome for three uses. Also, healing, even if it's attached to an attack, is another thing that is very difficult to balance if not for the fact Robin can only cast Nosferatu so often.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Pikachu's does, yes. I was suggesting something new. As for the stage background, SMG might not be the best stage to base things around background object placement. It is outer space and the ship also could have been at a weird angle but looks straight due to the pic's angle.

Oh, wow, I forgot about that. This is likely what's happening.

Hmm, but if you look closely in the movie His first shot is also very slightly angeled. Here is the gif, it is more notable when slowing down the actual trailer though:

Also note Robins Movement, the first pushes him a bit diagonally while the second pushes him straight upwards. So if this doesn't have some kind of auto-aim which would make it godawful and wouldn't make sense for a rescue, and my eyes aren't completely screwed, we could deduct that (at least to an extent) aiming it is possible, and that you also can aim the first , not only the second shot.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think this game exists.

http://www.pokemonconquest.com/en-us

I haven't played it, but I heard it's similar to FE. Just not as good.
Believe me or not, but this is my favorite Pokémon game (and I have been playing Pogeymanz since 1999). The gameplay is SO much better than in the mainline series (doesn't help I am a sucker for strategy games). Also, something I love about this is game is the idea of a warlord having only one Pokémon (except for the main character). It makes the "bond" between them much more meaningful (kinda like in Digimon where you have only one partner). There are more reasons for me preferring Conquest over mainline games, but I am too lazy to type them now.

I root for the announcement of a Pokémon Conquest 2 (there were rumors about one, but nothing confirmed so far), with a bigger variety of Pokémon, with a bigger Ransei (the region of the game, which is shaped like a freaking Arceus) and with mega-evolutions if possible. A Pokémon Conquest with Fire Emblem characters instead of Nobunaga's Ambition characters would be amazing too.

Best part about Robin fanart is that half the time some Robins are going to deviate from the default. Keeps things fresh and enjoyable, kinda like this Final Smash.
Can I get the source for this? I assume it is from tumblr.

Last edited:

Reila

Yeah, it is still hard to believe Robin was confirmed. Her trailer is easily the one I watched the most so far, not only because it is amazing (seriously, the Fire Emblem Awakening cutscene animators should animate more stuff for Nintendo), but because I have to frequently check if she was really confirmed or if I just lost completely. As someone else said back on Monday, "it feels so good to be in the winning team for once". I will add that it not only feels good, but it feels surreal as well.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Guys, they're already doing Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei. That's basically a similar idea to Fire Emblem x Pokemon, except that it actually fits the tone and theme of the games, especially the first game and Genealogy of the Holy War. The reason Pokemon Conquest is possible is because the Pokemon series emphasizes characters and game-play more than story, hence why we have spinoffs like Pokemon Ranger, (A Pokemon game where you don't catch and battle Pokemon but instead defend the environment), Pokemon Rumble (A game where you capture and battle POKEMON TOYS), Pokemon Trozei, (A Pokemon puzzle game, with next to no explanation for the change in gameplay), and Pokepark Wii (A game about PIkachu playing in the parks). When you think about it, none of these ideas make much sense. It's all because Pokemon focuses more on gameplay then plot. Pokemon Ranger helps take advantage of the DS's features, Pokemon Rumble and Pokepark Wii expand into the Action-Adventure genre, while Pokemon Trozei is the perfect puzzle game that can actually sell. A Pokemon x Fire Emblem game would bomb. A Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition game wouldn't, nor would Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei.

Reila

Poor Chrom. XD He is actually a nice character, sucks for him to have become the center of all jokes lately.

As for Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, as SMT fan, I am actually kinda scared of how this game will turn out to be...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, it is still hard to believe Robin was confirmed. Her trailer is easily the one I watched the most so far, not only because it is amazing (seriously, the Fire Emblem Awakening cutscene animators should animate more stuff for Nintendo), but because I have to frequently check if she was really confirmed or if I just lost completely. As someone else said back on Monday, "it feels so good to be in the winning team for once". I will add that it not only feels good, but it feels surreal as well.
Its... damn, this is EXACTLY how I feel. I've been endlessly rewatching the trailer over and over. Its the only trailer I have constantly gone back to. Little Mac came by "oh, cool, he looks great." Only watched it a couple of times since. Debut trailer "eh, it looks alright." Mega Man: "YES, its Mega Man!" But I've only rewatched it a couple of times. Rosalina? "Best pick from Mario!" Still barely rewatched it. Greninja? Don't care. Didn't care that much about the Mii Fighter or Palutena trailers, either, and I don't think I EVER watched the Wii Fit Trainer trailer.

But Robin... Damnit, Robin, I just HAVE to keep going back and watching it over and over again. I think I'd feel the same way in a DK-based trailer, or for Isaac, because both are in my top 5. I just can't contain the excitement, and yes, it feels surreal... even though I know it is real. :D

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Poor Chrom. XD He is actually a nice character, sucks for him to have become the center of all jokes lately.

As for Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, as SMT fan, I am actually kinda scared of how this game will turn out to be...
I agree... my wife is annoyed by it, too. I don't mind Chrom that much, and it bugs me that every time I see a new Chrom joke I laugh at it, then I cry as well because he's just become the laughing stock right now. I'm sure it'll blow over quickly, they just better announce a new SMT X Fire Emblem trailer and show Chrom being a badass.

Reila

I agree... my wife is annoyed by it, too. I don't mind Chrom that much, and it bugs me that every time I see a new Chrom joke I laugh at it, then I cry as well because he's just become the laughing stock right now. I'm sure it'll blow over quickly, they just better announce a new SMT X Fire Emblem trailer and show Chrom being a badass.
Yes, the jokes about Chrom will eventually fad (or maybe he is really Nintendo's Yamcha xD I hope not). As of SMTxFE, I am not sure if they are going to make Flynn (SMT IV) and Chrom (FEA) the main characters or pick the most well known main characters of each series, who would be Demi-Fiend (SMT Nocturne) and Marth (Fire Emblem). Either way, I have no doubts Chrom will be a badass in said game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes, the jokes about Chrom will eventually fad (or maybe he is really Nintendo's Yamcha xD I hope not). As of SMTxFE, I am not sure if they are going to make Flynn (SMT IV) and Chrom (FEA) the main characters or pick the most well known main characters of each series, who would be Demi-Fiend (SMT Nocturne) and Marth (Fire Emblem). Either way, I have no doubts Chrom will be a badass in said game.
Well, the main characters will probably be the most known characters, but I just want them to show Chrom in being a badass to get rid of all this "picking on Chrom" stuff. That's basically it.

Reila

Its... damn, this is EXACTLY how I feel. I've been endlessly rewatching the trailer over and over. Its the only trailer I have constantly gone back to. Little Mac came by "oh, cool, he looks great." Only watched it a couple of times since. Debut trailer "eh, it looks alright." Mega Man: "YES, its Mega Man!" But I've only rewatched it a couple of times. Rosalina? "Best pick from Mario!" Still barely rewatched it. Greninja? Don't care. Didn't care that much about the Mii Fighter or Palutena trailers, either, and I don't think I EVER watched the Wii Fit Trainer trailer.

But Robin... Damnit, Robin, I just HAVE to keep going back and watching it over and over again. I think I'd feel the same way in a DK-based trailer, or for Isaac, because both are in my top 5. I just can't contain the excitement, and yes, it feels surreal... even though I know it is real. :D
Wii Fit Trainer's trailer is actually kinda cool, albeit a bit too short (at least she got her own trailer, unlike Villager). And yeah, when (and if) Ridley is announced, I am pretty sure I will feel the same way I am feeling with Robin. It will be hard to believe his confirmation actually happened.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Guys, they're already doing Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei. That's basically a similar idea to Fire Emblem x Pokemon, except that it actually fits the tone and theme of the games, especially the first game and Genealogy of the Holy War.

The reason Pokemon Conquest is possible is because the Pokemon series emphasizes characters and game-play more than story, hence why we have spinoffs like Pokemon Ranger, (A Pokemon game where you don't catch and battle Pokemon but instead defend the environment), Pokemon Rumble (A game where you capture and battle POKEMON TOYS), Pokemon Trozei, (A Pokemon puzzle game, with next to no explanation for the change in gameplay), and Pokepark Wii (A game about PIkachu playing in the parks).

When you think about it, none of these ideas make much sense. It's all because Pokemon focuses more on gameplay then plot. Pokemon Ranger helps take advantage of the DS's features, Pokemon Rumble and Pokepark Wii expand into the Action-Adventure genre, while Pokemon Trozei is the perfect puzzle game that can actually sell. A Pokemon x Fire Emblem game would bomb. A Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition game wouldn't, nor would Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei.
You conveniently forgot Pokemon mystery dungeon, which has the most plot driven pokemon games to date.

Considering I could draw quite a few shared story elements in PMD Sky and Awakening, I don't doubt that they could make a very entertaining story with or without fire emblem being involved.

The benefit of fire emblem being involved is it will allow for a darker side of pokemon to be shown since wars, killing, and savagery will all be shown there.

I don't mean that in a OWTHEEDGE kind of way, but just as a story that shows a different side.
Someone would probably compare that side to be similar to the Pokemon manga, which is notably darker than the original series and games.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Basically, the way I feel about it is that if they do the game right, most of the Fire Emblem Lords will be badass. So will most of the Shin Megami Tensei protagonists. We're talking about characters that at most optimum can kill entire armies and tame GODs.
Edit:
You conveniently forgot Pokemon mystery dungeon, which has the most plot driven pokemon games to date.

Considering I could draw quite a few shared story elements in PMD Sky and Awakening, I don't doubt that they could make a very entertaining story with or without fire emblem being involved.

The benefit of fire emblem being involved is it will allow for a darker side of pokemon to be shown since wars, killing, and savagery will all be shown there.

I don't mean that in a OWTHEEDGE kind of way, but just as a story that shows a different side.
Someone would probably compare that side to be similar to the Pokemon manga, which is notably darker than the original series and games.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is about as plot-driven as Pokemon X and Y, so I figured it wasn't really "conveniently" forgetting it. Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon is also a crossover between a much-more plot driven series, which pretty much exists entirely as crossovers. Look up "Mystery Dungeon", a series made by Chunsoft. Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon is kinda plot driven by default.
As for Pokemon x Fire Emblem, you're forgetting the ways that the ideas don't mesh all that well.
-Permanent death vs. "Fainting"
-Recommendation against using tons of units vs. Recommendation TO use tons of units
-Story-driven vs. Content-driven
-Idealistic world vs. Realistic world
-Simplistic game (According to Tajiri, Pokemon X and Y were too complicated) vs. Depth-filled game (There is a lot of depth to Fire Emblem that Pokemon games usually don't have.)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmm, but if you look closely in the movie His first shot is also very slightly angeled. Here is the gif, it is more notable when slowing down the actual trailer though:

Also note Robins Movement, the first pushes him a bit diagonally while the second pushes him straight upwards. So if this doesn't have some kind of auto-aim which would make it godawful and wouldn't make sense for a rescue, and my eyes aren't completely screwed, we could deduct that (at least to an extent) aiming it is possible, and that you also can aim the first , not only the second shot.
I'd guess that both can be aimed based on what direction you're pointing the control stick. If you're pointing to the right, Robin will throw it down to the left, if you're not pointing at all, you go straight up.

I think the durability mechanic allows the designer to have a bunch of moves that would be otherwise big no-nos in game design, since suddenly a limited resource is involved. Going by this line of thinking, I wouldn't be surprised if Elwind doesn't put you into free-fall. It's not like Robin can just stall off-stage forever; there is probably only enough juice on a fresh tome for three uses. Also, healing, even if it's attached to an attack, is another thing that is very difficult to balance if not for the fact Robin can only cast Nosferatu so often.
This is what I've noticed as well. Robin's attacks are VERY punishing, but because of durability, it balances them out. You have to be very careful (and tactical, heh) by picking the right moves for the right situation. Basically, exactly how it'd work in a usual Fire Emblem game, which is a perfect nod to typical Fire Emblem mechanics. I absolutely love it.

Reila

Killing gods is the favorite hobby of mainline SMT protagonists :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Maybe an older Chrom will become the Greil to Lucina's Ike.
-_-

It'd be nice if Chrom was the second FE Lord's father to break the trend. To be fair, he'd also be the only main Lord's father to have such a fate following the character being the main protagonist in a previous game. No, Sigurd doesn't count, he was only the main protagonist for half a game, it was really Celiph who was the main protagonist.

That said, I fully support Lucina as the next game's main protagonist, she'd only be the second female main protagonist to date, the first being Eirika. No, I don't see how its Ephraim. Eirika is the one you start with and who has the better story, and the only thing you learn on Ephraim's path he tells Eirika right when he joins her anyway. I also consider Lyn to be the most notable Blazing Sword Lord, even if she's the least important of the three, because she's the first one you see in the game.

Hong

The Strongest
-_-

It'd be nice if Chrom was the second FE Lord's father to break the trend. To be fair, he'd also be the only main Lord's father to have such a fate following the character being the main protagonist in a previous game. No, Sigurd doesn't count, he was only the main protagonist for half a game, it was really Celiph who was the main protagonist.

That said, I fully support Lucina as the next game's main protagonist, she'd only be the second female main protagonist to date, the first being Eirika. No, I don't see how its Ephraim. Eirika is the one you start with and who has the better story, and the only thing you learn on Ephraim's path he tells Eirika right when he joins her anyway. I also consider Lyn to be the most notable Blazing Sword Lord, even if she's the least important of the three, because she's the first one you see in the game.
How is Celica not a main protagonist? Is it because you briefly have Alm first and they go halfsies? And even if you mean just female lead protagonists that you start the game with, I think of Micaiah. The episodic nature of the game means you control differing parties, but the content where Micaiah leads still exceeds the total number of chapters in some Fire Emblem games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe an older Chrom will become the Greil to Lucina's Ike.
So does that make Robin the Black Knight to Chrom's Greil?

Who's ChromGreil's Titania and LucinaIke's Soren? (or even more important, who's LucinaIke's Elincia?)

On the topic of future protagonists I'd like to return to lords/characters that don't have blue hair and maybe don't even use swords (or aren't "lords" even, like Micaiah).

Maybe have Lucina in the game but have a different character be the actual protagonist.

Being green-haired/not dark-blue haired is part of why I like Ephriam and Eirika so much (also because lances (for Ephraim) and not the cliched ground unit for a lord"). On that note, Lyn having green hair and Micaiah having silver hair are also partially why they are some of my favorite characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How is Celica not a main protagonist? Is it because you briefly have Alm first and they go halfsies? And even if you mean just female lead protagonists that you start the game with, I think of Micaiah. The episodic nature of the game means you control differing parties, but the content where Micaiah leads still exceeds the total number of chapters in some Fire Emblem games.
Hey, sorry, I don't know anything about Gaiden. Is Celica the main protagonist? I mean the LITERAL lead. I don't just mean "a" lead, that can be anyone of the main characters. Robin, Chrom, and Lucina are all main characters of Awakening, but Robin is the main protagonist and Chrom the leader of the army.

If Celica was the main protagonist, I apologize, then Lucina would be the third. I thought about bringing her up, but I wasn't sure.

EDIT: As for Micaiah, she's the secondary main protagonist of the game, but Ike is THE main protagonist. He's also the only one that can defeat the final boss...

Ike killed a god. He also killed entire armies. Singlehandedly.
Ike is THE most powerful main Lord in the entire Fire Emblem SERIES. Hence why he fits perfect in Smash Bros. :D

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'd guess that both can be aimed based on what direction you're pointing the control stick. If you're pointing to the right, Robin will throw it down to the left, if you're not pointing at all, you go straight up.
Exactly my thought a few comments back. If so, that would be really cool, especially since it would solve the "what happens if i use this on the ground?" problem and also give him an attack that you can hit people above you with (from range i mean).

If not for the durability mechanic, spamming Arcfire would be a win/win in so many situations.

It's like PK Fire, but it ALWAYS activates, no matter what it touches. For example, if your opponent is holding the ledge, without tome depreciation you could keep spamming it, and force them to jump from the ledge to get back. You can even throw it on the ground to deny ground approach, and even if your opponent will block it, the hitstun will be such a huge detriment on their aggression. Since it is on a downward arc, even on reflection it is pretty safe as long as they are not too close.

I actually hope ElWind will have only 2 uses in the air (which refresh when he touches the ground) but more (still limited obviously) in total. Because, if my thought is spot on and you can aim it in any direction you want, having only 2 or 3 in total would make using this while staying on the ground a really big punishment. I mean, even if you'd fire only one windblade using it as an attack you would cut your recovery-ability by a whooping 33.3%

Hong

The Strongest
So does that make Robin the Black Knight to Chrom's Greil?

Who's ChromGreil's Titania and LucinaIke's Soren? (or even more important, who's LucinaIke's Elincia?)
I thought about that.

I think it would be boring and predictable if Robin killed/wounded Chrom, and lame if Grima "survived". Perhaps Frederick or Lissa could turn coat, or Phila survived and was brainwashed by the remnants of the Grimleaf.

As for the other two, depends where this takes place.

Hey, sorry, I don't know anything about Gaiden. Is Celica the main protagonist? I mean the LITERAL lead. I don't just mean "a" lead, that can be anyone of the main characters. Robin, Chrom, and Lucina are all main characters of Awakening, but Robin is the main protagonist and Chrom the leader of the army.

If Celica was the main protagonist, I apologize, then Lucina would be the third. I thought about bringing her up, but I wasn't sure.
Celica and Alm are both leaders of their own armies and have equally long paths to traverse, until they unite.
EDIT: As for Micaiah, she's the secondary main protagonist of the game, but Ike is THE main protagonist. He's also the only one that can defeat the final boss...
I disagree. Ike having to deal the final blow to Ashera is not possible without Micaiah. Yune infusing Ragnell to defeat Ashera is nigh-identical to the Fire Emblem/Naga infusing Falchion to defeat Grima, and we both know Chrom was more or less a literal tool for most of the game.

Ike was roughly Chrom or Lucina relevance in Radiant Dawn. Ike is not even there for the first two parts of the game and kept secret until the end of part 2. In part 3, the Greil Mercenaries are still on a dual campaign with/against the Dawn Brigade and new Daein army. It is MIcaiah, the descendant of the first apostle and rightful vessel to Yune, who is the lead and main protagonist. Ike had his time with Path of Radiance.

Hong

The Strongest
I actually hope ElWind will have only 2 uses in the air (which refresh when he touches the ground) but more (still limited obviously) in total. Because, if my thought is spot on and you can aim it in any direction you want, having only 2 or 3 in total would make using this while staying on the ground a really big punishment. I mean, even if you'd fire only one windblade using it as an attack you would cut your recovery-ability by a whooping 33.3%
Well, Sakurai's statement specifically says it is casted twice. That said, it could only be twice per use in the air.

Maybe it has 6 charges total, and using it on the ground only takes 1 charge. I am sure if it proves to harsh to Robin in testing, they'd increase the number of uses until they come up with something fair.

D

Deleted member

Why does it say that this was posted by me in your post? @ Hong Hong ^^^
That's a glitch I've never seen before.
/unrelated.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I thought about that.

I think it would be boring and predictable if Robin killed/wounded Chrom, and lame if Grima "survived". Perhaps Frederick or Lissa could turn coat, or Phila survived and was brainwashed by the remnants of the Grimleaf.

As for the other two, depends where this takes place.

Celica and Alm are both leaders of their own armies and have equally long paths to traverse, until they unite.
I disagree. Ike having to deal the final blow to Ashera is not possible without Micaiah. Yune infusing Ragnell to defeat Ashera is nigh-identical to the Fire Emblem/Naga infusing Falchion to defeat Grima, and we both know Chrom was more or less a literal tool for most of the game.

Ike was roughly Chrom or Lucina relevance in Radiant Dawn. Ike is not even there for the first two parts of the game and kept secret until the end of part 2. In part 3, the Greil Mercenaries are still on a dual campaign with/against the Dawn Brigade and new Daein army. It is MIcaiah, the descendant of the first apostle and rightful vessel to Yune, who is the lead and main protagonist. Ike had his time with Path of Radiance.
It just seems like the second half of the game relies more on Ike than Micaiah. And even in the ending sequence, it relies on Yune, not Micaiah, with Micaiah merely being a vessel.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
It just seems like the second half of the game relies more on Ike than Micaiah. And even in the ending sequence, it relies on Yune, not Micaiah, with Micaiah merely being a vessel.
But Micaiah is the vessel of a god, plus she's the true apostle of Begnion. She helped overthrow Begnion's rule earlier in the game & she still has chapters throughout part 3. I'd argue that she's more important than Ike was in RD.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
I think My Unit is here to stay.

I don't think Robin as we know it will be here, as you said, but I'm not opposed to the Tactician class being a thing going forward, and as long as I like the design, I'm okay with them replacing Robin. Especially if it's a Link sort of deal, and they are all just "Robin" going forward.
Agreed. If I'm not mistaken, we've now had a relatively customizable Avatar in FE7, FE11, FE12 (wasn't released outside of Japan), and FE13 (Awakening).

Seems like as good an indication as any that it's going to stick around.

I'd assume Lissa, Ricken, or Cordelia would fulfill Titania's role, and Severa would totally be the Soren. She's already all but confirmed to be bi, plus in her supports with the Avatar she shows that she's interested in tactics (even if she isn't thorough with them).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But Micaiah is the vessel of a god, plus she's the true apostle of Begnion. She helped overthrow Begnion's rule earlier in the game & she still has chapters throughout part 3. I'd argue that she's more important than Ike was in RD.
Its really just that... the second half of the game seems to focus far more on Ike and Micaiah. By the time Micaiah does anything seriously important, sings the Galdr of Rebirth, she's possessed by Yune the rest of the game and Yune takes over Micaiah's role. I WANT to believe that Micaiah is the real main protagonist, its just not how it came across to me. Yes, Micaiah is extremely important, but Ike still beats her out by the end... at least based on my observations. :p

Hong

The Strongest
Ike wields Ragnell because he is the most qualified. Even then, Ragnell can't even harm Ashera without Yune, and Yune can't endow the blade on her own. For all intents and purposes, Sothe can go benchpressing with Largo, come back, slap Ashera down.

Micaiah is the vessel to Yune because no one else in opposition of Ashera can do so. If Yune sneezed on Ike, he would probably go into a state of madness.

If we take away part 2 and part 4, Micaiah has all of part 1 and roughly a third of part 3.

Last edited:

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
Well, Sakurai's statement specifically says it is casted twice. That said, it could only be twice per use in the air.

Maybe it has 6 charges total, and using it on the ground only takes 1 charge. I am sure if it proves to harsh to Robin in testing, they'd increase the number of uses until they come up with something fair.
Only the Levin Sword has a certain amount of uses. Sakurai specifically said the tome "breaks" from overuse, and then went on to say the Levin Sword breaks after a certain amount of uses. I think tome usage will be fine so long as the player doesn't spam spells like there's no tomorrow.

Top Bottom