• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
This year's E3 does seem like it is going to be sparse, and somewhat amusingly it does appear that Microsoft is the one who has all the hype this time. In addition to Halo Wars 2 and Crackdown, I'm also looking forward to Forza Horizon 3 or whatever the Forza game being revealed will be.

To lighten up the mood a bit and since a bit of Overwatch hype is still in the air, always remember that these two have the same voice actor.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Heya guys, I have a fellow Robin friend who is interested in joining a Robin Skype group (I believe she prefers Skype over Discord), so if any of you know anything about that, can you please direct me there so that she can be added? I found an older thread here regarding a Robin Skype group, but not sure if that's updated, or if you guys have something more recent.

Thanks!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
To lighten up the mood a bit and since a bit of Overwatch hype is still in the air, always remember that these two have the same voice actor.

Play of the Game!
Please keep in mind:

:196:
This post is so important. A lot of people around this time seem to forget that Photoshop exists.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'm not really sure.
Something similar to the Artorias of the Abyss DLC for DS1 where you go through past events would be cool I suppose.
I can see that. It would be interesting to see the war between Lothric and Iriythll much like the war with Drangleic and the Giants in DS2, or maybe something else entirely.

D

Deleted member

Today is a special day for me...

Today is my birthday! :D I'm gonna go to the Nintendo World Store later and hopefully get some neat stuff.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

Today is my birthday! :D I'm gonna go to the Nintendo World Store later and hopefully get some neat stuff.
Well a new Kirby game came out today for 3DS along with 4 amiibos to go along with it. As someone who's played every mainstream Kirby game and most of the side games, has a Kirby wallet, plushies and the 3 Smash amiibos for the series, I can easily classify Planet Robobot as 'neat stuff'

...Totally not obsessed with the Kirby franchise btw!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

Happy Birthday, bro. Hope you score some sweet, sweet loot. :4pit:

Also, what's up fellow tacticians? I haven't been here in a while.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

Since I haven't said it yet, Happy Birthday!

D

Deleted member

Well a new Kirby game came out today for 3DS along with 4 amiibos to go along with it. As someone who's played every mainstream Kirby game and most of the side games, has a Kirby wallet, plushies and the 3 Smash amiibos for the series, I can easily classify Planet Robobot as 'neat stuff'

...Totally not obsessed with the Kirby franchise btw!
I don't blame you, the games are amazing. :p

I bought Planet Robobot, along with the new Kirby amiibo. I haven't played the game yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Happy Birthday buddy
Sorry I didn't notice this before, but thank you! :D

Someone shares a birthday with Fates Anna.

Please accept this Anna.
Thank you! :p

I gave her some glasses today... only to steal them right back. :p

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
The official CoroCoro leaked scans are here, revealing two new Pokemon!

"First up is Nekkoala, the Half Awake Pokémon which is Normal-type with the ability Definite Sleep which prevents it being afflicted with a status other than sleep, while the dog is Iwanko, and is a Rock-type Pokémon. It's abilities are Keen Eye or Vital Spirit. It is the Puppy Pokémon." - Quote from Serebii - http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

They're both so adorable! I'm especially a fan of Iwanko, but both have absolutely stellar designs!

Also, the leaks detail more information about Volcanion and Magearna, as well as their upcoming movie, which is cool to see!

D

Deleted member

"First up is Nekkoala, the Half Awake Pokémon which is Normal-type with the ability Definite Sleep which prevents it being afflicted with a status other than sleep, while the dog is Iwanko, and is a Rock-type Pokémon. It's abilities are Keen Eye or Vital Spirit. It is the Puppy Pokémon." - Quote from Serebii - http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

They're both so adorable! I'm especially a fan of Iwanko, but both have absolutely stellar designs!

Also, the leaks detail more information about Volcanion and Magearna, as well as their upcoming movie, which is cool to see!
I like the designs as well! I find it weird how Iwanko is a rock type and not a normal type, but I hope it's not baggage or terrible. I would love to use it on my team.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Zygarde: "Kept ya waiting, huh?"

I like the designs as well! I find it weird how Iwanko is a rock type and not a normal type, but I hope it's not baggage or terrible. I would love to use it on my team.
I like the fact that Iwanko is Rock, it's a really unique design for the type.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, i need some help with Fates.

I'm up to Ch 24 and I can't seem to pass it. All my units are around lvl 6-8 (at least the parent ones) with teh strongest unit being mine avatar at lv 34 Dread Fighter.

Any thoughts?

Is that..... it is....

IT'S A MOTHER ****ING KOALA POKEMON!!!!!

Oh ****! Whoa, i was not expecting that. I'm so catching one and naming it Blinky Bill XD

Note: If i catch anyone here saying Koala bear, know that you be receiving nothing but rage comments from me for the rest of your life

:135:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Guys, i need some help with Fates.

I'm up to Ch 24 and I can't seem to pass it. All my units are around lvl 6-8 (at least the parent ones) with teh strongest unit being mine avatar at lv 34 Dread Fighter.

Any thoughts?
The way I cleared that chapter was to pair everyone up with a flier and fly around all the enemies and kill the boss. Make sure you don't activate the dragon veins.

I'm still sorta a noob at FE but I'm playing through Birthright again as the same difficulty as you so hope this helped :happysheep:

Edit: Decided to spoiler it just in case

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The way I cleared that chapter was to pair everyone up with a flier and fly around all the enemies and kill the boss. Make sure you don't activate the dragon veins.

I'm still sorta a noob at FE but I'm playing through Birthright again as the same difficulty as you so hope this helped :happysheep:

Edit: Decided to spoiler it just in case
A Flyer? Well that might be a probably, since I only have one flyer and I'm about to change them anyway. But even so thanks, I'll keep the strategy in mind. Usually, my other ones work. Them being either keep the group really close and only take on 1 enemy at a time or keep the main group together and have 1 or 2 pairs charge forward Leeroy Jenkins style. And normally, this has been work (save for a few unforeseen deaths). But now.... it's aint anymore

Again, thanks

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I've been debating playing Fates. I preordered it and got it the day it came out along with the Fates new 3DS but I immediately lent it to my cousin since he wanted to try it out without buying it and I was playing other games. He abandoned it shortly after and I'm currently on 2 games that I'll likely beat soon: Kirby Planet Robobot and Radiant Dawn. Hoping RD and then Fates right after doesn't FE me out.

If I do get my copy of Fates back, I'm thinking of starting with Birthright. It's supposedly the easiest of the 3 and the one I feel I'll like the least (RD is my favourite game period and part of the reason is the difficulty). I think I'll go Birthright > Conquest > Revelations.

A more Smash related topic: Ever since Bayo and Corrin came out and Wolf got the final nail put in his coffin, I've been forcing myself to search for a main and one of them was Robin (hence why I hang out here...albeit rather quietly). I've got a top 4 consisting of Mewtwo, Robin, R.O.B. and Ganon and Robin is still the most fun to me. Mewtwo is fun and he would be my first pick but...he has an infinite or a semi infinite or something like that and I hate that crap. I ditched MK once I learned how big the ladder combo was to him and only picked him up again after he lost it. R.O.B. is fun but not as fun as Robin and I feel they're of similar viability (both mid tiers with R.O.B. higher) and then Ganon is just for fun.

With all of this in mind, I'm gonna do some research on the Mewtwo boards and if Mewtwo truly has an infinite with no escape then I feel I'll focus on Robin once I start going to tournaments next year. Who knows, maybe we'll get more patches by then to buff the tactician and nerf his bad mus. Not counting on it and I honestly feel the game is fine as is but more help for Robin is always welcome.

TL;DR Might play Fates starting with Birthright once I finish either Radiant Dawn or Robobot and I might choose to ultimately focus on Robin as my main if Mewtwo truly has an infinite. Idk why I felt like posting this =P talking about Fates which this thread does a lot and showing loyalty to Robin I guess.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Haven't posted here in like ages.

Just dropped in to say I haven't forgetted any of you. Not one. :cheep:

Nah

Smash Champion
Krysco Krysco if Mewtwo's (possible) infinite bugs you, you could always just.....not use it. If it was going to be a major part of its gameplay (which seems to be what bugged you about pre-patch Meta Knight) I think we'd be hearing about how Mewtwos everywhere are getting lots of kills with it. Kind of like how Peach has/had an infinite but you almost never hear about how Umeki or SlayerZ or somebody abused it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Krysco Krysco if Mewtwo's (possible) infinite bugs you, you could always just.....not use it. If it was going to be a major part of its gameplay (which seems to be what bugged you about pre-patch Meta Knight) I think we'd be hearing about how Mewtwos everywhere are getting lots of kills with it. Kind of like how Peach has/had an infinite but you almost never hear about how Umeki or SlayerZ or somebody abused it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thing is, whatever character I choose to main, I want to try and learn and make use of everything they have to offer but if what they have is something like an infinite or back in the older Smash games, chain grabs, I'd rather not use them since the moment you start it, all thought process goes out the window. From there it's just pressing buttons correctly while your opponent hopes you mess up. To my understanding, Robin doesn't have anything like that.

I'm probably weird for that. If I truly cared about winning then I'd likely main Cloud and Mario since they're good and easy to use and if I only cared about fun, I'd use any character I find fun and just ignore the parts of them that aren't fun. But I'm inbetween, I wanna play as someone who's fun and who's entire kit is fun and try my best with them. Hence why I'm considering Robin over the likes of Ganon and possibly Mewtwo.

You may not hear about the infinities being used often but they're still there. Those that know how to perform the infinities are likely going to start them the moment they get an opening or a read to do so. I'd rather just avoid the very idea of using someone who has such an option.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well I can not be the Xenoblade X final boss fight.

Any advice?

And to clarify
I mean the final, final boss fight.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Well I can not be the Xenoblade X final boss fight.

Any advice?

And to clarify
I mean the final, final boss fight.
What's your teams levels and how are they set up?

I basically had my team focus on the chimera queens (4 show up in fight, I believe) while I focused on Lao, healing and giving a hand to the rest of my team when they needed it. The way my team was set up kept them at above half health for the majority of the fight.

Oh, and you can't use your skell. However, if you're patient, you can wait for your skell to automatically refuel itself just enough for you to crack off a shot if you're quick enough before Lao drains it's tank again.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have now beat Xenoblade X!

I'm not quite sure if I quite liked it as much as the original, but I really enjoyed it!
Personally I think that the original had a better story but the battle system is better in X.

I didn't really like the ending of X as much because it was a bit of a cliff hanger.
What's your teams levels and how are they set up?

I basically had my team focus on the chimera queens (4 show up in fight, I believe) while I focused on Lao, healing and giving a hand to the rest of my team when they needed it. The way my team was set up kept them at above half health for the majority of the fight.

Oh, and you can't use your skell. However, if you're patient, you can wait for your skell to automatically refuel itself just enough for you to crack off a shot if you're quick enough before Lao drains it's tank again.
My team was my character, Lin, and Elma at level 56 and L at level 55. L and Lin were my tanks and my character had a mixture of Samurai Gunner arts and Full Metal Jaguar arts.

I never really focused on the chimera queens because I figured they would take to long to kill.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
MS' E3 was freakin' great.
Actual gameplay shown and overall good announcements.
Only weak parts were Minecraft cringe and Battlefield 1 IMO.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Damn that Sony conference was top notch! The live orchestra was spectacular, such a great decision on their part. It built so much atmosphere and excitement. And then it was just a near non stop roller coaster of games! Sony realizes better then many that we care about the games, and didn't bother spending inordinate amounts of time talking, but rather just let the games speak for themselves. Presentation quality was strong all the way through. There was a real air of class to it, and all the speakers felt very natural and comfortable on stage.

And the games, oh so much goodness! The Last Guardian FINALLY has a release date, in 2016! Horizon Zero Dawn still looks incredibly impressive and fun, I love the combat mechanics that they've shown. Far Point looked rather interesting. Resident Evil 7 came outta nowhere with that trailer! The look and feel is so radically different, but I think in a good direction. Speaking of outta nowhere, that God of War trailer right off the bat. I'm not even a fan of GoW and that got my blood pumping! I wish they would've said or shown more about the Crash Bandicoot Remaster, but it's good to know the series isn't completely dead yet. More Final Fantasy XV is always welcome, even if they didn't show off much new stuff. And that Spiderman game actually looks badass! I have pretty solid hopes since it's not a specific movie tie in game. Then Kojima just shows up to drop a bombshell on a totally new IP. My only real complaint is that I wish they hadn't ended with that Days Gone game, seems like a rather generic zombie shooter, and ending with Kojima would've had a stronger impact in my humble opinion.

All in all though, up to this point I'd say Sony takes the cake for E3. They brought their A game pretty hard.

Also Kingdom Hearts 3 not showing up seemed pretty inevitable after Square released that 2.8 trailer a few days ago which specifically stated that more KH3 information would be released in Winter, so I can't be too disappointed about that.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah Sony basically came in and said "This is how you do E3" and dropped some big stuff whilst showing mostly great games (sorry Skylanders and CoD and the VR stuff).
Only issue is that most of them don't even have a release window.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
ZELDA HYPE!!!!

Yeah Sony basically came in and said "This is how you do E3" and dropped some big stuff whilst showing mostly great games (sorry Skylanders and CoD and the VR stuff).
Only issue is that most of them don't even have a release window.
Aw yeah, Crash Bandicoot!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Okay, so Nintendo's E3...

2 games......

just 2 games..........

and yet I'm so absolutely blown away by Breath of the Wild that I could care less about any other game! But before I go into full overdrive Zelda hype mode, a moment of Sun and Moon.

So we now have 7th gen's regional rodent, bird, and bug. Yung money Yungoose is looking pretty damn pissed off and ready to fite m8, but still kinda cute. Pikipeka is definitely the star of the show, so adorable! I love woodpeckers, so I might be biased. And Grubbin, our cute little grubworm. All in all pretty solid stuff.

Now for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Where do I even start? Well first of all, the game looks BEAUTIFUL! From the character models to the environments, everything looks fantastic! Speaking of the environments, no Zelda world has ever felt more alive, with wild animals and tons of enemies running about. You can even tame a wild stallion, holy **** how cool is that?! But what good is all that environment without the resources to explore it? Well that department is already looking sharp. Besides the aforementioned horse-riding, Link's new mini hanglider looks super fun and useful, and now there "ain't no mountain high enough" with rock climbing in the mix (unless your stamina runs out). And shield snowboarding even! And Link can JUMP! Just whenever, I don't know why that matters so much to me but I just love it! So movement and traversal of this new Hyrule already looks great, which is good because from the map there's a LOT of Hyrule to explore. And with plenty of materials and items to collect along the way, looks like we'll have plenty to do. Like fishing! Or lumber jacking! Or cooking, which is an especially fun and kinda hilarious feature to me. But the combat is where I got really excited. I mean having the option to use swords, spears, axes, and all other kinds of weapons is just a fantastic feature! The hack 'n slash gamer in me really hopes you'll be able to switch weapons mid string for some crazy combos, but either way I love this feature! Can't wait to beat up Ganondorf with a stick for ultimate humiliation! It really pushes the idea that no two people will every play this game the same way, it's all about exploration and experimentation. Such as the ways you can defeat your enemies by distracting them with bees, or just pushing boulders on them. The stealth elements looked pretty intriguing as well. Plus being able to change Link's outfit for different situations. I want that suit of armor, I'm gonna use it all the time! Although I'm sure they'll have a green tunic out there somewhere.

In summary, Breath of the Wild feels like a breath of fresh air, and I'm absolutely dying to get my hands on it. Sun and Moon are still looking great, but obviously this was Zelda's rodeo, and honestly I think it worked for Nintendo.

This trailer alone has my heart pounding!

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I just watched some of the GameXplain videos on Breath of the Wild and in regards to what is currently their most recent one, I'm puzzled. It's the one mentioning no 'female Link'. Like, I get not changing the gender of a well known character and I'm not saying Link SHOULD be female but then they said the reason Zelda wouldn't be playable is...Link would have nothing to do...what? Is stopping Ganondorf from ruling the world not enough? Hell, in the comment sections, people were mentioning that they don't need a female Mario for Mario games so no need for a female Link but 3D World allowed Peach to be playable and that didn't stop Mario from stopping Bowser. I'm fine with 1 protagonist and 1 gender but the explanation as to why just sounds awful. Just saying 'we want to stick with Link' would have sufficed. On the plus side, the game does look pretty and neat. I get the feeling that those guardian things will end up like Skyrim dragons, things that look intimidating but ultimately a joke to take down. Different armors and weapons is cool, being able to climb what seems to be whatever you want is cool, very Assassin's Creed esque. Looks like Epona will be needed a lot due to how much running I saw them needing to do with Link just to get around. The survival stuff looks interesting and it going as far as to account for weather is cool.

Haven't actually been watching E3 and Pokemon no longer interests me so I couldn't care less for Sun and Moon.

Outside of E3 news, I recently beat the Story mode for Robobot and some other stuff and oh my god, that game <3. It goes from like a 5 out of 10 for the first half then goes to a 10 out of 10 for the ending. So much fanservice and I love it. Glad I played every mainstream Kirby game before it came out because one of the final bosses on an extra mode meant so much more to me after having played Dreamland 2.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The highlights of Nintendo's E3 today.

- The show opening up with a moment of silence to the victims of the Orlando Club shooting, and to Christina Grimmie (who according to Reggie, was going to attend the Treehouse Live event.)
- We finally got an official name for the new Zelda so we can finally stop calling it Zelda Wii U and Zelda NX.
- Breath of the Wild looks amazing and the world map looks massive. Is it bigger than Xenoblade X's world map?
- We got new information of Sun and Moon including the reveal of three new Pokemon. Two of them were shown off during the live event.
- The Treehouse girl is aware of the fanbase Professor Kukui amassed.
- Popplio learns Disarming Voice (a Fairy-type move) at level 8. Could this be a sign of Popplio's second typing for its later evolutions?
- The Battle Royal looks very interesting to me. Although it only showed a fatal four way single battle, are we going to see a 8-Pokemon or a 12-Pokemon fatal four way tag team match at the Battle Royal?
- Generic trainers have their own animations for challenging and when defeated. A big improvement over the artworks used in X&Y and ORAS.
- Link has customizable outfits so while his iconic green tunic will probably be available somewhere down the road of Breath of the Wild's story, we're not required to wear it. Customizable hair styles is also a thing.
- Since Link can wear whatever, or nothing but his trunks, expect people posting screenshots of them slaying Ganon wearing the latter option or any other silly outfits the developers included with this game.
- Weapons have durability like the Fire Emblem games (except for Gaiden and Fates) did, and there is an emphasis of survival to this game. You gotta eat to survive. Link can jump which is a first!
- Voice Acting? In my Zelda? It's more likely than you think. Link will remain speaking through grunts but will everyone have speaking roles, or will it only be given to the major characters like Zelda and Ganon. Is that voice telling Link to wake up Zelda or someone else?
- Speaking of Link, it doesn't look like we'll be naming our hero Link as the voice refers to Link as Link rather than something generic.
- The Twitch chat fell in love with one of the Treehouse girls.
- Bill Trinen being Bill Trinen made things explode during the E3 demo. We got JoJo to be continued jokes thanks to Bill.
- Someone at E3 apparently attempted to leak the E3 demo of BotW online but was caught.
- Andre from GameXplain was featured during the Treehouse Live intermissions. He was even chatting with a fan.
- Waluigi amiibo confirmed for all you wah fans. Wave 2 of the Super Mario is also confirmed notably featuring Daisy, Boo, and Waluigi as said earlier.
- amiibo of Breath of the Wild is also confirmed and the Wolf Link amiibo acts as a partner.

Did I miss anything else from Nintendo's E3 Event today?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Wait....

You can customize LInk's hair?

And you have to eat food to survive like mine craft?

AND HE CAN JUMP?!?!?!?

WHERE DID YOU FIND ALL THIS INFORMATION?!?!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks really beautiful and Hyrule looks big as ****. The more info I learn from the game, the more hyped I become. That was definitely the highlight of E3 for Nintendo. I don't really care about Pokemon Sun & Moon because I'm not a Pokemon person anymore.

Top Bottom