• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
....The cringe is real.
I believe this is what we call a "Freudian slip."

Changing the topic, holy crap is Elise's reaction to disgusting food brutal. I think it's hilarious how most of the reactions wonder about the food being poison, but Beruka wishes it was actually poison instead. LOL :laugh: Special shoutouts to Felicia, Flora, and Selkie.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I believe this is what we call a "Freudian slip."

Changing the topic, holy crap is Elise's reaction to disgusting food brutal. I think it's hilarious how most of the reactions wonder about the food being poison, but Beruka wishes it was actually poison instead. LOL :laugh: Special shoutouts to Felicia, Flora, and Selkie.
YESSS I especially loved Rhajat's!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Her supports with Camilla reveal she dyed part of her hair purple because she love her big sister so much!
WHY MUST ELISE CONSTANTLY DESTROY MY HEART WITH HOW ADORABLE SHE IS?!?!

The cringe is real.
When you get a BIT too excited about candy in front of everyone.

Edit -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANA!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kinda want to play Fates again, most likely Revelation or Birthright. I don't think I will be touching Conquest any time soon.

Edit -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANA!

Here's the version with the background:
Hana Cipher.png

Happy birthday, Hana!

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
People talking about cute characters in fates and ignoring Benny.

Honestly all of his supports are so heartwarming that he's honestly the cutest character in this game.

Also he has one of the best defense in the game,

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
People talking about cute characters in fates and ignoring Benny.

Honestly all of his supports are so heartwarming that he's honestly the cutest character in this game.

Also he has one of the best defense in the game,
I fell in love with armored units in Fates. Wary Fighter + the ability to get Armored Blow? Defense bonus for standing on tiles with defense bonuses? It's like general heaven. I really wanted to use Benny/Ignatius in Conquest, but I couldn't find a spot for them. Definitely using one in Revelations when I actually end up playing it. I need to get my pairings worked out first to make sure I get all the kids and will be happy with their classes/stats. Beruka needs to stop having high skill, I feel like I want to pair her with everyone. =V

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I fell in love with armored units in Fates. Wary Fighter + the ability to get Armored Blow? Defense bonus for standing on tiles with defense bonuses? It's like general heaven. I really wanted to use Benny/Ignatius in Conquest, but I couldn't find a spot for them. Definitely using one in Revelations when I actually end up playing it. I need to get my pairings worked out first to make sure I get all the kids and will be happy with their classes/stats. Beruka needs to stop having high skill, I feel like I want to pair her with everyone. =V
Yeah between armored units and archers in this game are pretty good.

Especially archers, like they needed this.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Was roaming the boards and found this old thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/robin-community-ama-thread.405576/

For some of you, that thread's a trip down memory lane. I was around here when it was on-going but didn't check it out until now. It was very enjoyable to read through all of it and I liked some of the questions that were asked. I liked XenoBrawler's the most mainly because I can relate to the part about Luigi SO well and because he summed up Sticker Star perfectly. Even though it'll remain dead, it's a nice relic of this board if nothing else and it's definitely one of the better threads on this site.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

For some of you, that thread's a trip down memory lane. I was around here when it was on-going but didn't check it out until now. It was very enjoyable to read through all of it and I liked some of the questions that were asked. I liked XenoBrawler's the most mainly because I can relate to the part about Luigi SO well and because he summed up Sticker Star perfectly. Even though it'll remain dead, it's a nice relic of this board if nothing else and it's definitely one of the better threads on this site.
Oh wow, I nearly forgot about this thread. Takes me back man. But whose to say it has to remain dead? We could always revitalize it if we wanted, although with the decrease in activity around here lately it'd probably drop off again.

Speaking of other blasts from the pasts, we should have another Robin V. Zelda Cards Against Humanity event!

:starman: :starman: Also, Happy Birthday to my favorite video game of all time!!! :starman: :starman:

Nah

Smash Champion

I remember it too. It is getting to be quite a while ago I guess.

Though I agree with Zan that it doesn't necessarily have to stay dead. We could always try it again....someday.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

I remember this thread. Discovered a lot of cool things about you people through it. And quite frankly, who says it needs to stay dead?

I blame the activity decrease on the release of Corrin *sarcasm*
I actually don't doubt this tbh. :laugh:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I think I've had enough of Fates to the degree where I can pick up Smash again. It looks like not much has changed in-

:starman: :starman: Also, Happy Birthday to my favorite video game of all time!!! :starman: :starman:

LOL literally just beat this game again. Unlocked Final Form for the first time in any playthrough. Good times.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
****ing dying for Fates lol
i want to marry Kaze and raise our adorable daughter together <3

also the interview thread that Jestar Jestar posted is pretty interesting haha. ive been reading up on a few of them. im still pretty much a noob here (think i joined in October) so i only know one or two of the interviewees well enough that i'd already know some of the answers. i'd actually enjoy seeing some more of them! although i do feel like a bit of creep reading them, especially since i don't know most of the people well and it was from so long ago :v
but i enjoy reading about people's lives! maybe that's why im taking english lit at college :o

Nah

Smash Champion
I finally got around to starting the "Before Awakening" DLC map in Conquest

....it's basically the Awakening Chapter 2 map :crying:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Loved how thy handled the chapter's end

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I really should be playing more of Revelation but I ended up making this because of a bunch of comments Dwyer makes at My Castle.
Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 10.08.42 PM.png

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Rest in peace Corrin/Robin split.
Ya'll went down a path I won't follow, populating the Corrin boards. I, however, will always remain faithful to our tactician.

Oh lord, the Wind Waker remixes sound so good!
Probably helps that WW's soundtrack was already godly to begin with.

Well that's kind of underwhelming. Eh, at least I still get to make one of my guys a Great Lord when it's over.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There are none. The only way we can do better is by saying "There are no words to describe Wind Waker.".

It's THAT good.
We somehow need to go above, infinity and beyond to describe such a godlike masterpiece

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wind Waker was such a great game. Never had any high expectations for it but the game literally blew my mind away.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda game with Twilight Princess as a close second. TP gives Link more abilities, has more overworld interaction (controlling Link on foot as opposed to changing wind and watching your boat go onwards) and has my favourite dungeon in the series. WW however, looks better and never fails to make me laugh. Namely pea hats but pretty much every enemy in that game makes me chuckle. Also better music in WW imo.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Truly, the only complaint I had with the game (aside from having one chance to take pictures of certain characters to get their figurines. You miss that ONE chance to get that one picture...) were these guys:

7 year old me was NOT prepared for these guys when I first encountered them.

Nah

Smash Champion
Did they fix the whole collecting the pieces of the Triforce of Courage thing in the HD version though? Because that was terrible in the original game and definitely something to hold against it.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Did they fix the whole collecting the pieces of the Triforce of Courage thing in the HD version though? Because that was terrible in the original game and definitely something to hold against it.
I was actually just about to talk about this. I feel like this part gets a lot of flak for not being part of the standard Zelda formula or being a huge fetch quest, but I actually really enjoyed my time with that section. I feel like it was really encouraging exploration, and felt really similar to the original Zelda to me (with mini-dungeons instead of fully realized ones). The only part that I really didn't like was the fact that you HAD to pay Tingle a ton of money to decipher all the sea charts, which I think they did change in the HD version.

Another problem I saw stated a lot before the release of WWHD was the sailing speed or the lack of anything in the overworld. I'm pretty sure the only reason people felt like sailing took so long is because they just went straight from one story objective to the next (which is totally understandable), and most of the time the story objectives are more often than not all the way across the map from each other. I think Wind Waker becomes a lot of fun when you adopt the philosophy to explore while you play.

I believe Aonuma expressed that some of his regrets with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were that he felt like the overworlds were a bit barren and he would add more stuff. Well, Zelda U definitely has the biggest overworld of any Zelda game yet, so with that in mind I wonder how they're going to populate the terrain.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
They did. I forgot the exact locations but it was changed to just three charts and four pieces of the Triforce were put where the other four charts used to be.

Nah

Smash Champion
I was actually just about to talk about this. I feel like this part gets a lot of flak for not being part of the standard Zelda formula or being a huge fetch quest, but I actually really enjoyed my time with that section. I feel like it was really encouraging exploration, and felt really similar to the original Zelda to me (with mini-dungeons instead of fully realized ones). The only part that I really didn't like was the fact that you HAD to pay Tingle a ton of money to decipher all the sea charts, which I think they did change in the HD version.
It was fine by me that that part wasn't standard Zelda fare or that it was a big fetch quest, I just remember it being a huge pain in the ass to do.

Top Bottom