• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
exactly
but it's the easiest way to play others so i unfortunately have to witness this
...there's always Smashboards and Chill(or just your friends if you have any who likes Smash)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The next Super Mario Maker costume to join the family is a pigeon. That's right! A pigeon. Is there a Daisy costume in this game yet?
I have my laughing Gangrel gif all ready if the answer is no.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
After Koiba Koiba 's reversal sweep on me decades ago, I vowed to never let a Cloud user get the best of me ever again.

And I'm staying true to my word (at least for now :p)

I'm seriously thinking about having Jigglypuff and Robin as my secondaries.
Lol that double KO. It reminds me of that one match I had with Izayoi Izayoi where we both got Star KO'd but I ended up winning the match because I got the animation and he didnt xD

So can I have 4 mains but 2 secondaries? This is a completely serious question by the way.
Typically most players have a main and one secondary but having multiple secondaries isn't unheard of. Multiple mains however seems a bit counter productive considering your main is considered the character you have the highest mastery with.

Not saying having multiple mains isn't possible but it can really set back your potential as a player if you're still learning the character. Being able to play a variety of characters competitively can definitively give you the upper hand at times but it won't benefit you as much as playing a character that you have 100% mastery over. That's just my take on it.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Typically most players have a main and one secondary but having multiple secondaries isn't unheard of. Multiple mains however seems a bit counter productive considering your main is considered the character you have the highest mastery with.

Not saying having multiple mains isn't possible but it can really set back your potential as a player if you're still learning the character. Being able to play a variety of characters competitively can definitively give you the upper hand at times but it won't benefit you as much as playing a character that you have 100% mastery over. That's just my take on it.
I've played WAYYY too many characters so reducing it to 4 mains that I primarily play/focus on, which are chars that need said focus: :4pikachu::4tlink::4rob::4myfriends: (and maybe:4corrin: in the future), and my secondaries who I have a pretty solid grasp of that require less practice: :4bowser::4wario2:.

It makes it more fun for me too since I still have my mess around chars like :4ganondorf::4villager::4lucina::4samus::4ness::4greninja::4pacman::4yoshi::4falcon::4dedede::4wiifit:who i can mess around with/break out if I'm feeling like just completely relaxing that day.

Then again I'm very odd with smash in general since I seem to be playing :4rob:and :4tlink: radically different than how you're apparently supposed to.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I've played WAYYY too many characters so reducing it to 4 mains that I primarily play/focus on, which are chars that need said focus: :4pikachu::4tlink::4rob::4myfriends: (and maybe:4corrin: in the future), and my secondaries who I have a pretty solid grasp of that require less practice: :4bowser::4wario2:.

It makes it more fun for me too since I still have my mess around chars like :4ganondorf::4villager::4lucina::4samus::4ness::4greninja::4pacman::4yoshi::4falcon::4dedede::4wiifit:who i can mess around with/break out if I'm feeling like just completely relaxing that day.

Then again I'm very odd with smash in general since I seem to be playing :4rob:and :4tlink: radically different than how you're apparently supposed to.
Honestly it just looks like you have a lot of secondaries lol. Nothing wrong with that though considering being able to play multiple play styles let's you have a firmer grasp and understanding of the game overall.

I also have a set of characters I play for fun as well like :4jigglypuff::4dedede::4ganondorf:so I relate to that completely. Also diverging from how a character is suppose to be played can catch people off guard if done correctly. I do it all the time when I play :4link: lol.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Honestly it just looks like you have a lot of secondaries lol. Nothing wrong with that though considering being able to play multiple play styles let's you have a firmer grasp and understanding of the game overall.

I also have a set of characters I play for fun as well like :4jigglypuff::4dedede::4ganondorf:so I relate to that completely. Also diverging from how a character is suppose to be played can catch people off guard if done correctly. I do it all the time when I play :4link: lol.
The only mess around characters that I could maybe consider maybe becoming secondaries world maybe be :4villager:/:4greninja: if i got them back to how I could use them at launch, and maybe :4ganondorf: if I wasn't itching for spikes/warlocks 80% of the time. There was a time when I thought:4ness: was among my strongest, but the combination of PK Thunder giving me a hard time and people learning that side smash can reflect kinda pushed him to the way side.

Yeah my :4tlink: is actually terrifying if i'm feeling on point that day, since I use his aerials and spin attacks to catch people if needed, but my lack of defense game kills me. Don't even get me started on my :4pikachu:playstyle falling apart when I need to make the kill/me completely screwing up Quick Attack when its time to recover.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Also completely unrelated but I've finally been able to tech recover after much practice. Just did it on for glory 10 matches in a row against different players. I get it about 80% of the time now. Learning new things everyday boys.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
...there's always Smashboards and Chill(or just your friends if you have any who likes Smash)
Not as easy as booting up the game, going online and starting matches immediately, whereas if you wanna play via friends/whatever, you'll have to do some setting up first, see if they're available, etc

Matsushi

True Blood
/late
Hey, congrats Matsushi Matsushi for her performance!
I was hoping that we could play against each other again some day. I want to have some Cloud practice...

Good luck! :) You'll do fine!
Thank you very much! <3

Sure, I can play sometime this weekend, or whenever you're free! I'll give you a nice Cloud experience. :4cloud::4cloud::4cloud:
Still having trouble catching up on stuff. What is all this about our very own Matsushi Matsushi getting 13th in a national? Is it true?! Dammit, I missed out on so much...

I feel so left out...

On the other hand...

I'm so proud of you!

I also really love this GIF....
Awwwww, thank you. It really means a lot! <3
Tfw Matsushi Matsushi 's twitter I helped her make got tagged in a congratulatory tweet and she still hasn't used it #lazymatsuisreal.
One day... just one day I'll use that twitter. :drflip:
#lazymatsuisreal.
I've never seen such a relateable hashtag in my entire life.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not as easy as booting up the game, going online and starting matches immediately, whereas if you wanna play via friends/whatever, you'll have to do some setting up first, see if they're available, etc
It's usually worth it...especially when they're actually good.
What would Nintendo even do with a tumblr
What most companies with a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Youtube, and Tumblr do...post the exact same stuff with something a little different(not workers themselves, just the companies)

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
This picture has apparently gone viral. I don't know who to feel more sorry for: the poor fool who made this misinformed calculation, or the idiots who believed him.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Swiggity swooty, I'm coming for that legendary booty!

Also, update on the Corrin-only tournament naming poll!

Looks as though Corrination is so far the runaway winner, with "Corrin in the House" taking a relatively close second.

I think by now everyone who was going to has cast their vote, but just in case I'll link the strawpoll one last time for any potential straggler voters. But for all intents and purposes, Corrination is our winner! Congrats on the great idea Ffamran Ffamran !

http://strawpoll.me/6513922/r

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What would Nintendo even do with a tumblr
It will probably be a fountain of memes... I can tell you that much. >_>

Thank you very much! <3

Sure, I can play sometime this weekend, or whenever you're free! I'll give you a nice Cloud experience. :4cloud::4cloud::4cloud:
Awwwww, thank you. It really means a lot! <3
You're welcome! :D

And yeah, this weekend will be perfect! :) Hopefully my Cloud is good enough for you.

I completely expected this to be honest. I doubt Nintendo will reprint this bundle again after the initial release.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Finally have a new episode of my main LP up. Feels good to have that going again, after the break of almost a month.

Top Bottom