• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I like how after immediately after Christmas I go and use a large portion of my giftcards on figures. Oops.

Also, dunno if you guys saw, but new Japanese teirlist out.
Looks about right for the most part.
Though I still think it's too early to judge Cloud.

D

Deleted member

I don't think there's ever been an incarnation that had as much charm as :4tlink:. What could possibly be so bad about him?
It might be how some people don't like the cel-shaded style of the Toon Link Zelda games. I remember reading that Nintendo refused to share info on Wind Waker because of the negative reception it got for its art style (I dunno if this is true, but I know people still hated it). That and I don't think Wind Waker is the type of game for everyone; many were expecting something like Ocarina of Time 2.0.

Some of those people might be Smash fans that hate the fact that Toon Link is a semi-clone and thought that he could be more unique.

I like how after immediately after Christmas I go and use a large portion of my giftcards on figures. Oops.

I guess this is accurate? I think Robin is a bit low and I think it's too early to judge Cloud.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
im not a big fan of tier discussion, but i find their placement of robin and ike questionable at best...and I think DHD is too high. but im sure they have their reasonings (ie these characters have no results over there/ DHD has good results)

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
im not a big fan of tier discussion, but i find their placement of robin and ike questionable at best...and I think DHD is too high. but im sure they have their reasonings (ie these characters have no results over there/ DHD has good results)
I think they did a weird mix of their meta with ours, which might explain sonic, DHD and other character's placements.

D

Deleted member

I think they did a weird mix of their meta with ours, which might explain sonic, DHD and other character's placements.
Japan fights differently from us. The US mostly like to go offensive while Japan goes for either a mix or is more defensive. It explains why Sonic, Mewtwo, and Duck Hunt have better placements; they complement defensive play styles.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Japan fights differently from us. The US mostly like to go offensive while Japan goes for either a mix or is more defensive. It explains why Sonic, Mewtwo, and Duck Hunt have better placements; they complement defensive play styles.
I'm actually currious to see like the UK/US Differences and Similarities along with other regions.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Looks about right for the most part.
Though I still think it's too early to judge Cloud.
I agree with it being too early for Cloud, buuuut, it seems like a decent spot for him at the moment. I mean, to be fair, they stuck Roy and Ryu in A- for like the first two months they were out just so they could be on the list.

Fixed it! I don't think I'll ever truly understand why people are so persistent on separating the pits like this. It just makes NO sense to me. Especially with the huge buff dark pit just got to his Side B (not 100% sure if Pit got one too)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I've come to appreciate the look Nintendo was going for when they developed WW. It was a radical departure from what came before it, but that was by no means a bad thing. In fact, it's the game that made me want to see more of that graphic style(which the series seems to be leaning towards as evidenced by the next game). And "no personality"? This kind of statement makes me want to laugh. His ENTIRE WORLD is full of personality. But I guess some people just don't have good taste. Or they just say things for the sake of saying things. Whatever. :4tlink: is still awesome.
Me too. At first, I'll be completely honest, I wasn't too keen on the new "cartoon-y" style, but it has really grown on me since then, and now I count Wind Waker as my favorite Zelda game.... tied with Majora's Mask. (I'm bad with making concrete fav lists)

Yeah the "no personality" comment was so utterly baseless and devoid of true factual evidence that I had to laugh it off. WW was the first game where I really felt like Link started having a personality of his own. Ocarina and Majora's did a fantastic job of starting to give Link more of his own character, but they still felt like they wanted to keep some of that "blank slate avatar hero" so people could place themselves more in the story. Toon Link on the other hand really felt to me like a truly developed character, and I think the biggest thing that helped with that WAS the graphic style. The facial expressions especially just gave so much life and personality to EVERY character. This was the most expressive form of Link to date! And that's why I love him!

Also the combat in Wind Waker is still some of the best in the series!
Zantetsugun Zantetsugun how could anyone hate him :( i absolutely adore TL, he's definitely the most charming Link in my opinion. He's one of my favourite video game characters ever. I loooooveee hiiiim
Yes! He's such an adorable little guy.

Some of those people might be Smash fans that hate the fact that Toon Link is a semi-clone and thought that he could be more unique.
In all honesty, I would love to see more done with Toon Link's moveset to further diversify him from normal Link! He has a lot of very unique and different items, plus his sword-fighting style could be explored more thoroughly.

Now I'm just imagining how OP the Deku Leaf would be as a windbox gimp if it worked exactly the same as in WW.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I agree with it being too early for Cloud, buuuut, it seems like a decent spot for him at the moment. I mean, to be fair, they stuck Roy and Ryu in A- for like the first two months they were out just so they could be on the list.

Fixed it! I don't think I'll ever truly understand why people are so persistent on separating the pits like this. It just makes NO sense to me. Especially with the huge buff dark pit just got to his Side B (not 100% sure if Pit got one too)
Dark Pit's Side B has kill power now.
So basically, it's a choice of better arrow or better Side B for kills.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Dark Pit's Side B has kill power now.
So basically, it's a choice of better arrow or better Side B for kills.
I know, and that's exactly why I think it's silly to just put so many characters in between them. I mean, it's not a BIG deal, but it's just silly when they're the same character minus this 1 detail :L

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I know, and that's exactly why I think it's silly to just put so many characters in between them. I mean, it's not a BIG deal, but it's just silly when they're the same character minus this 1 detail :L
Two, actually. F-tilt has more KB on Pit than Dark Pit. At low percents, F-Tilt is safe for Pit and pretty bad for Dark Pit.

But yeah, I agree with you.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I was rewatching some of the Hyrule Warriors Legends trailers
Speaking of this, only 3 weeks left till the Japanese release!

Also inb4 Unknown Hero sees all the toon link talk.
Hey guys, I found :wolf:!
So that's why he didn't return for Smash 4. He decided to put others first by giving them his trademarked advice of "Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act".

Luckily, he'll back for real once April comes around.

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
All the regulars in here have Premium accounts.

I feel like such a fraud without blue text.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Does anyone here have any idea when Fates SE pre orders go back up if they will at all?
I hope they do, but I doubt they will. I know Amazon sold out in less than thirty minutes day one (I started a purchase, and they were out before I could get my card information put in). I snagged mine at Best Buy, and they were sold out a few hours after my purchase. No idea how Game Stop did.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I hope they do, but I doubt they will. I know Amazon sold out in less than thirty minutes day one (I started a purchase, and they were out before I could get my card information put in). I snagged mine at Best Buy, and they were sold out a few hours after my purchase. No idea how Game Stop did.
Darn, alright, thanks.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My thoughts on the Pit / Dark Pit dichotomy:

You either have a move that helps out in lots of small ways, or a move that helps out in one big way.

Both are good in their own right, and there's no objective "best" choice. Pick the one that works best for you in that matchup.

For example, I never touched Pittoo because I didn't see any reason to pick him over Pit, but now I favour him in certain matchups. Sometimes you don't need precision and delicacy to get the job done, you just need to end the stock and you need to end it fast.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I got myself a new lappy for Christmas. Still trying to figure out 10, but at least it isn't 8.

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
My thoughts on the Pit / Dark Pit dichotomy:

You either have a move that helps out in lots of small ways, or a move that helps out in one big way.

Both are good in their own right, and there's no objective "best" choice. Pick the one that works best for you in that matchup.

For example, I never touched Pittoo because I didn't see any reason to pick him over Pit, but now I favour him in certain matchups. Sometimes you don't need precision and delicacy to get the job done, you just need to end the stock and you need to end it fast.
I'd have agreed with you pre-patch, but think it's pretty much decided that Pittoo's better now. That side-b got a huge kill power buff in the last patch.

That said, they should probably still be right next to each other on any given tier list, and at the end of the day you're better off playing whoever you like most.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd have agreed with you pre-patch, but think it's pretty much decided that Pittoo's better now. That side-b got a huge kill power buff in the last patch.

That said, they should probably still be right next to each other on any given tier list, and at the end of the day you're better off playing whoever you like most.
I don't think it's that simple, honestly. Pit's arrows help him out way more than most people give him credit for. Taking that away from him is taking away a big part of his gameplan. F-tilt isn't that big a deal, but it's not an insignificant difference, it's helped me out on more than a few occasions.

Either way, the important thing is that they're both good characters with their own distinct strengths. I'm just happy that both are viable even in top-level play~ ;3

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Remember a few days ago (I believe it might have been the day after Christmas) when I said that my Christmas was getting extended a bit because I hadn't seen my dad and grandma yet? Well I did this past Sunday, and I meant to follow up on that but I kind of forgot and maybe was in a bit of shellshock. In any case, I ended up getting $250 from the old papa, and a whopping $1,000 FROM MY GRANDMA! Hence the shellshock. I honestly thought I was dreaming.

So now I'm off to go treat myself with a Playstation 4! Cause y'know you gotta

(Parks and Rec is an amazing show by the way)

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
People don't like Wind Waker or Toon Link? First time I've ever seen that. Was always under the impression that WW was one of the most popular ones alongside OOT

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

Well I just used my Heaven seal on Hector as he was maxed out and since I could.
I really could have promoted any of the 3 lords as they are all level above level 10, but he was already level 20 and they weren't, so that's why he deserved it he most.
I also forgot to mention yesterday that I promoted Sain and Serra.
I also got to take a screenshot of this.

The exact opposite of what Serra did early on.
And now I have some questions to ask.
Which bow users should I use now that I have Louise and Rath?
Which axe users should I use, Hawkeye, Dart, or Geitz? I have been using Dart a lot but he hasn't been able to get much experience.
And should I use both Pent and Erk?
Thanks in advance!
I LOVE MY GRANDMOTHER!!!!

IT'S LIKE A SECOND CHRISTMAS!
Well now I know where the character from @the Cardinal 's avatar.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
There's a lot of users that have accounts on here you wouldn't expect.

There's a user that's literally called :^), another called :^):^):^):^):^):^), even Etika has an account on here lol.

For Spongebob fans, there's also 2 users called "Not Rick". (Take a guess what their avi looks like)

Hell remember when Danny Devito popped up in this very thread?

Pretty crazy, and funny, to see what names exist on this site.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Pit's placement yes, Cloud...idk

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I still can't believe they main pichu
Yeah. I still think it's pretty cool that he mains Wolf. He also mains :mario64:, who was my 64 main back when I still played that game.

So basically I share 2 out of 4 mains with Danny Devito of all people. :cool:

Top Bottom