• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I did my co-op in the college's Oral History department.

I don't even do History.

It was unpaid and I didn't do much work, but I got write quite a bit and I got an office to myself, so that was good.

Well, I say office, but it was more of a server room converted into some kind of makeshift worker's depot.

My friends called it my "lair", it was great~

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
oh okay. i had a feeling it was something like that

was that the guy who's fire hydrant got that janky kill on that falcon player? that was so funny
No, our guy couldn't make it to StP, that was some guy from the north I think.
Hopefully we can get the whole Limerick line-up to an event someday.

edit: whoops double posted

Last edited by a moderator:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hello~ A bit late but I played exhibition matches against your benevolent leader Raziek Raziek and they were quite a lot of fun! I think it's in the same video as the newest sets with Soulless One. Ignore some of the random forward airs, that was me botching RAR Bair in certain instances (usually I get it right, must've been nerves. It happened less frequently as I relaxed later into the sets). GGs again btw!

I was gonna go Mario or Cloud but I figured Doc would be interesting and fun. Mario kind of circumvents the neutral game and it's kinda gross IMO. Feel like Doc is much more intriguing to watch and even play against, mmm, that neutral interaction.

Twas a great set. The first stock of the whole set though....that was legit the worst I've ever played Doc in my life. For Glory Doc tier.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
DialNouns DialNouns Wintropy Wintropy
My course doesn't offer work placement unfortunately. it would've been good but then...i have no idea where they would place us anyway lol

Well, apparently we have 2 Irish Pac-man players...I thought Pac-Man players were an urban legend.

TTTTTsd TTTTTsd I saw the start of it being streamed! Good stuff :ness:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So did I, until I was lucky enough to end up roommates with one.
Pac-Man players seem to be some of the nicest people in the world.
As Formal would say:

He is Pac-Man. The boy chomps down cherries every morning and wakka-wakkas his way to college when he's done.

To our nation's credit, we have a very diverse range of characters in our scene. Our PR has just two or three Sheiks (one of whom I believe is a pocket, not a main), a friggin' Zelda and a Little Mac, our best player is a Rosalina, and then in terms of non-ranked players we have Pits, Robins, DKs, Luigis, Yoshis, Pac-Mans (Pac-Men?) - it's just very refreshing to see that kind of diveristy in the scene.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well I just saw the force awakens.
In my opinion it was pretty good.

Also I got to recruit Geitz in FE 7 and in that chapter, I came across this.

I thought it would still be a while until I would see enemies having Triple 0s.
(I'm really liking Florina if you couldn't tell.)
And I recently found out that Merlinus can support.

I find that very strange.
I wonder how Nohr is taking Takumi spoiling The Force Awakens...
I still can't believe I even made this.
View attachment 89998
I would point out Zero's face if Jazz didn't already do it.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I know a Pac-Man player. He mains Robin though. Me and him are the only Robin players. Funny thing is, I now teach him Robin techs when he used to help me out for like...a week or two? Before I got so much better due to the friend/teacher I made (and many all nighters playing straight smash with him). No offence to the guy now, but I pretty much destroy him everytime we do 1v1 dittos now.

In terms of in general I know a Mario player, a Wario player, my teacher/friend is a Meta Knight main but also is incredibly good with Wario, Bowser, Captain Falcon and is pretty decent with Ike now. And one of my close smash friends is a Ness main, and I know another Ness main who's also really nice. Wouldn't say I'm better than any of them, it's pretty even with the Ness matchups now I'd say. Teacher I rarely take a game off him so can't say I'm better than him, he's much better than me still. The Mario player is just a beast, very very aggressive player and very hard to beat. I can pretty much beat the Wario player now though.

Actually Ness/Lucas mains are some of the nicest guys I've ever met I'd say. Both the ones I know are just very down to earth and cool. Robin mains seem to also be massive anime fans which is cool in my books as I'm an anime fanatic as well (this would probably go with most fire emblem mainers too).

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
edit: whoops double posted
Bless your soul.

Well I just saw the force awakens.
In my opinion it was pretty good.

Also I got to recruit Geitz in FE 7 and in that chapter, I came across this.

I thought it would still be a while until I would see enemies having Triple 0s.
(I'm really liking Florina if you couldn't tell.)
And I recently found out that Merlinus can support.

I find that very strange.

I would point out Zero's face if Jazz didn't already do it.
heh, what can I say?... I'm always three steps ahead. Watch out, there's a new tactician in town that'll dust all obstacles in an instant.

get it?

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Preach it Wintropy Wintropy
Our PR is kinda weird :v

Yoite Yoite the student surpasses the teacher, eh? oh i had a feeling you were into anime with your Irisviel icon :v i liked that show, I never did finish the second season...
I was too heartbroken when

Lancer died!!!!! wtf!!! he died in a really chivalrous way too and it makes me sad. i adored him

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
THE HARDEST READ EVER MADE
ft everyone's fav tactician here

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
THE HARDEST READ EVER MADE
ft everyone's fav tactician here
I remember when this was posted the day that everyone was talking about breakfast.
Why were we even talking about that?

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Preach it Wintropy Wintropy
Our PR is kinda weird :v

Yoite Yoite the student surpasses the teacher, eh? oh i had a feeling you were into anime with your Irisviel icon :v i liked that show, I never did finish the second season...
I was too heartbroken when

Lancer died!!!!! wtf!!! he died in a really chivalrous way too and it makes me sad. i adored him
Just realised I didn't make it clear who I meant by 'I destroy them'. I meant the Robin guy. Not my actual teacher. I meant that due to the many games I had and getting destroyed by my teacher (learning how to get better the hard way is how I get better at Smash lol) I can now destroy the Robin I met virtually every match now. But I heard the Robin guy is getting better now thanks to my advice so I do sincerely hope he improves too. I'd want every Robin user to get better after all ;)

Also my picture is Illyasviel not Irisville ;) and you found THAT sad? You can guess what I cried nearly all night about.
Illyasviel's really depressing death. I swear to God I want to destroy Gilgamesh so much....even though in a weird way I found Gilgamesh cool too :/

BTW Guys. Recorded this AMAZING match I had with my irl friend who mains Ness. Got his permission to share it as I felt it worthy of being shared.

Please check it out. It was a REALLY long and gruelling match. BUT THAT END. It was so annoying but after much thought I was like 'you know what, it was my own fault literally walking into that and I can't even hate on you for it.' Well now I know that the damage burst from PK thunder to self lasts EVEN after the Ness has finished moving lmao

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Yoite Yoite
oh yeah, i got those two mixed up :ness:
tbh i kind of knew that she was
gon' die
just because of the way the story was going, but i still liked her a whole lot. especially because i found Kiritsugu really annoying, so she looked great in contrast with him :v
her scenes with Saber were extremely adorable.

I like Gilgamesh because he reminds me of Leffen and I find that hilarious, but my brother tells me he turns into a mega villain in the second season...or is it the other series? God it gets so confusing with all the different names involving Fate haha

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Yoite Yoite
oh yeah, i got those two mixed up :ness:
tbh i kind of knew that she was
gon' die
just because of the way the story was going, but i still liked her a whole lot. especially because i found Kiritsugu really annoying, so she looked great in contrast with him :v
her scenes with Saber were extremely adorable.

I like Gilgamesh because he reminds me of Leffen and I find that hilarious, but my brother tells me he turns into a mega villain in the second season...or is it the other series? God it gets so confusing with all the different names involving Fate haha
Gilgamesh is honestly the douchebag of the Fate series that everyone loves in my opinion lol. Saber would have to be my favorite servant cause I'm all for a woman who can kick my a** xD Lancer from Fate/Zero is probably a close second for me though. He was pretty bada** in Unlimited Blade works too.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Rinku リンク Rinku リンク telex telex

Illya is more my favourite because of Heaven's Feel. Hopefully the movies do the Visual Novel justice in that regard. There's so much stuff that happens with Illya that it's impossible not to fall in love with her character - same with Sakura in that adaptation.

Second series of what? Not really that confusing. Canon is Fate Zero and then Fate Stay Night. Stay Night has three routes. Fate route, Unlimited Blade Works route and Heaven's Feel route. That's all there is really. Fate route was adapted a long time ago by Studio Deen but that series is really bad. Ufotable are the Gods of Fate right now, having adapted Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works perfectly so far. And they are adapting Heaven's Feel into movies right now.

Spinoffs are spinoffs. Only one that's actually widely known is Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya which is horrible in every way apart from it's fight scenes which can rival that of the main series (otherwise it's just loli yuri stuff...)

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
If you don't mind, I have a question to ask.

What were you feeling when you were competing in a match? Like, was it exciting?....maybe nerve-wrecking? I just want to know this, since I'll be going to one sometime next year.
It was a bit nerve wrecking at some previous matches, but this time around I was generally calm and nonchalant. I tend to be the type of player who relaxes but still plays more or less well. I didn't have much problems, but I treated each of my opponents very friendly and open. Usually we'd talk afterwards about the match and what not. It was a lot of fun.

On an unrelated note, I found myself watching Kaichou wa Maid-sama! and reading its manga. I have to say it's pretty...interesting.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea from that video, my tag is pronounced "Razzy-eck". I've tried to get him to say it right but he's stuck in it, haha.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
It's also very beautiful. :p
It makes me think tsunderes are cute as well as bring new ideas on teasing people. Doesn't help that I get a lot of enjoyment from teasing people. Makes it worse since I have a neutral expression and monotone voice to go with it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea from that video, my tag is pronounced "Razzy-eck". I've tried to get him to say it right but he's stuck in it, haha.
Heh, for me, knowing Raziel's name made pronouncing Raziek fairly easy... until it turned out that Raziek is actually pronounced "CLOP-raxz-EYEK-twendy" which it didn't. :p

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Huh, never thought it could be pronounced any other way to be honest. Though I have no clue on what video or anything you're talking about.

On another unrelated note, is there any way for me to keep the "Smash Ace" thing on my profile. I particularly prefer it.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I'm actually so happy now. Just came out of a session (it's 4:36 fricking am but idec) with my close friend / smash teacher, the one I've mentioned a couple times already who got me into this game in the first place. Never really been close to his level at all but was able to fight really well against his meta knight today. I even had a winning streak of about 4 games at one point. We did what we always did though......which was get addicted lmao.

Feels so good to actually SEE that you have improved as a player in comparison to before though. Just need to keep this up! My next lesson I think needs to be how to wall tech when getting gimped... :/

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Not if you're not eating Pizza and Chicken with Kool-aid
Naw man, ramen noodles and medium rare steak are where it's at.

On another unrelated note, is there any way for me to keep the "Smash Ace" thing on my profile. I particularly prefer it.
Well, you could stop posting (plz no) or get premium and make your title Smash Ace. Can't think of any ways besides that.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I was rewatching some of the Hyrule Warriors Legends trailers when I saw this on :4tlink:'s trailer.

Screen shot 2015-12-30 at 1.48.25 AM.png

*The internet in a nutshell*

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I was rewatching some of the Hyrule Warriors Legends trailers when I saw this on :4tlink:'s trailer.

View attachment 90084

*The internet in a nutshell*
I don't think there's ever been an incarnation that had as much charm as :4tlink:. What could possibly be so bad about him?

....I can't remember the last time I posted in this thread.

EDIT: Devil May Plop Devil May Plop : That face..... Dear gods that face.....it looks so very wrong....

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I don't think there's ever been an incarnation that had as much charm as :4tlink:. What could possibly be so bad about him?

....I can't remember the last time I posted in this thread.
No idea. All I remember about his argument is that he thought the graphic style for the game made it "not epic" or something along those lines. Also something about TL having no personality, honestly he was so moronic I can barely even remember.

I think Toon Link is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills Moblins and doesn't afraid of anything.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
No idea. All I remember about his argument is that he thought the graphic style for the game made it "not epic" or something along those lines. Also something about TL having no personality, honestly he was so moronic I can barely even remember.

I think Toon Link is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills Moblins and doesn't afraid of anything.
I've come to appreciate the look Nintendo was going for when they developed WW. It was a radical departure from what came before it, but that was by no means a bad thing. In fact, it's the game that made me want to see more of that graphic style(which the series seems to be leaning towards as evidenced by the next game). And "no personality"? This kind of statement makes me want to laugh. His ENTIRE WORLD is full of personality. But I guess some people just don't have good taste. Or they just say things for the sake of saying things. Whatever. :4tlink: is still awesome.

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Yoite Yoite ngl i'm still confused haha
there's so many 'fate xxx' im just like

i watched it because it's directed by Gen Urobuchi and had a soundtrack by Yuki Kaijura x3 and so of course I was hoping for some PMMM esque stuff as that's just my favourite thing in this whole world. It turned out be preeeetty good on it's own merit. I recommended it to my brother who loves history and he's super into it. He plays that mobage which looks pretty good. Joan of Arc is an absolutely stunning character design wise.

Zantetsugun Zantetsugun how could anyone hate him :( i absolutely adore TL, he's definitely the most charming Link in my opinion. He's one of my favourite video game characters ever. I loooooveee hiiiim

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
So about Fire Emblem Fates. There are videos EVERYWHERE. I'm trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but they're as tough to dodge as freaking Star Wars spoilers! Am I the only one trying to do this? Awakening was such a nice surprise when I got it on a whim, I want to feel the same way when I get Fates (I hope XP).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Naw man, ramen noodles and medium rare steak are where it's at.

Well, you could stop posting (plz no) or get premium and make your title Smash Ace. Can't think of any ways besides that.
Bootyade is where it's at(goes well with everything)

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I like how after immediately after Christmas I go and use a large portion of my giftcards on figures. Oops.

Also, dunno if you guys saw, but new Japanese teirlist out.

Top Bottom