• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nah

Smash Champion
incidentally, how do you people play for glory with robin? it's like bashing your head against a brick wall that trash-talks you.
I'm probably the only For Glory playing Robin here but, idk, you just kinda do? Maybe it's just that I'm so used to playing online and have much less offline experience that I wouldn't really know how much....."better" or different it is in non-FG/online play. Though I still feel that people over-exaggerate the difference(s) between online and offline play.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've only ever won 1 for glory match. It was my first match I did.

I was Lucina and my opponent was using Megaman and we were on Castle Siege. I barely beat her.

My win lose ratio 1W 82L. :c

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
:025::039::026::4peach::035:Happy(Late. Canada ;))Thanksgiving! :025::026::039::035::4peach:

In other news, i'm full. The pie and cake I made (with Motherly supervision) came out great, so i'm happy :). I wish I could share it with my cloak-wearing tacticians, but the best thing I can get to sharing with you all is it being smeared all over my Wii U screen :<

In r a n d o m news, my dream last night was really weird. And I mean w e i r r r r d.

It was about me on a flying pig flying after a runaway cat who was drinking while driving.. I managed to catch it, and then the scene literally drifted to an Ocean. I was instructed by (apparently) the show's host to swim in the ocean full of sharks for 20 miles to retrieve a dragonstone.....it didn't work out well. I sunk like a rock, to find (disturbingly cute) A Squid cosplaying as Linkle, and a Lobster wearing Ryoma's long hair.

Then the scene changed again. I was sitting on a sofa, watching a movie with Fire Emblem's Oboro! She turned to me and grimaced. "You're not Takumi!"And then I actually find myself trapped within (fire emblem's)Gharnef's body. It was awful. Then Oboro says "lolllolllol" and then proceeds to "Whip" and "Nene" O__0

The scene changes again, and i'm running in a Maid's outfit (unbellIevable btwbtw) to retrieve Super Bash Sisters: Conquest from the angry mob of "Too many Fire Emblem characters in Smash!" Gamefaqs Staters.

Long Story short, I trip SSBB style and Game Over.

Annnd that was the end of a dream that's made me absent-minded for the rest of Turkey Day. GG Dreams, GG.

I also read a Camilla x Hinoka fanfic, but that's another story~

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm probably the only For Glory playing Robin here but, idk, you just kinda do? Maybe it's just that I'm so used to playing online and have much less offline experience that I wouldn't really know how much....."better" or different it is in non-FG/online play. Though I still feel that people over-exaggerate the difference(s) between online and offline play.
i know, i'm just kidding~

just that final destination is not a good stage for robin and i'm more used to offline play. i don't play much for glory, so it was a bit of a shock.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

just that final destination is not a good stage for robin and i'm more used to offline play. i don't play much for glory, so it was a bit of a shock.
Twins~

Though, i'm only used to offline play because online play for me is worse than the Zelda CDI Games.

It wasn't meant to be :scared:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
My W/L isnt as bad as I thought.

6W 47L
My win rate is 2W 17L.
Granted it's been a while since I played but I am not pleased by my win ratio.
And if my tourney results are any indication I probably do better offline.
Maybe it's because I haven't played FG in a while.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
FG isn't that terrible. Once you get past the immense disrespect that will probably plague it until the end of time, it's a good place to keep up with your skills if you lack any other way to regularly practice, assuming you can avoid the lag.

Easy practice match aside though, I thinks it's largely incompatible with the meta game. The strategies you see dedicated FG players use usually lack malleability, and many of them are basically FD/Omega exclusive (not to mention they usually only work on scrubs). You can't jump straight from a FG environment to a real tourney environment.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Question: Who is your most favorite child unit in fates, in terms of looks, personality etc. My vote goes to Kinu.
And how adorable~
I'm happy the third path exists. It's like fanfiction (having both sides with you. Not one or the other) turned into fan(non)fiction.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
It's freaking amazing.

How you draw like that?
Well, I've always been a doodler since childhood. My sister's a graphic designer so it's probably in the genes.

Question: Who is your most favorite child unit in fates, in terms of looks, personality etc. My vote goes to Kinu.
And how adorable~
I'm happy the third path exists. It's like fanfiction (having both sides with you. Not one or the other) turned into fan(non)fiction.
Personality AND look-wise, Kinu is the most adorable being ever to grace Hoshido. For Nohr, it's Ophelia.

Cordelia 2.0 will forever have a special place in my kokoro. Her dad is trash, tho.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
My win rate is 2W 17L.
Granted it's been a while since I played but I am not pleased by my win ratio.
And if my tourney results are any indication I probably do better offline.
Maybe it's because I haven't played FG in a while.
My W/L isnt as bad as I thought.

6W 47L
I feel like I have the worst W/L record on the thread
3988 wins and 1417 loses
maybe I play too much smash ;v;

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Clip Studio Paint?
Never heard of it.

*looks up clip studio paint*

Oh, is that how people do drawing like my avatar? I've really wanted to find something like this and learn to draw with it.

Do you need a tablet to use it/does it make it easier?

:135:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Never heard of it.

Oh, is that how people do drawing like my avatar? I've really wanted to find something like this and learn to draw with it.

There are plenty other programs for drawing, but yeah. You need a tablet to draw. I mean, you could use a mouse, but that would be really hard to draw with. I use the mouse for bulk painting.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Never heard of it.

There are plenty other programs for drawing, but yeah. You need a tablet to draw. I mean, you could use a mouse, but that would be really hard to draw with. I use the mouse for bulk painting.
I have a tablet and an expensive drawing program. I never use either. I'm not good at drawing. Not at all. :sadsheep:

:4metaknight:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Aw cool. I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

Anyway, you're still an amazing artist. Keep it up.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
And how adorable~
  • GaiusBias Grey
  • Shinonome
  • The Boy Wonder Lutz
I actually don't like most of the kids in Fates. Their re-introduction was pretty forced but at least the Royals still maintain their use in the post game thanks to their weapons.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I have a tablet and an expensive drawing program. I never use either. I'm not good at drawing. Not at all. :sadsheep:

:4metaknight:
I've had my own tablet for about 6 years or so now and I've only recently used it extensively.

Aw cool. I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

Anyway, you're still an amazing artist. Keep it up.

Thank you! I'll try my best.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
And how adorable~
Well as I mentioned earlier, I don't know a whole lot about the children characters (mainly becuase I have been avoiding some information about Fates), but I like Matoi because I can basically cause her mother to be her daughter.
And it is good that the third path exists.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I feel bad for Ophelia.

Her father channels his inner Ewan and Wendy and becomes the worst unit in IK with his inability to kill anything on his recruitment chapter, even on normal.

Nah

Smash Champion

Ah, yeah, I suppose that if you're used to offline play FG can be a bit jarring till you get used to it

I feel like I have the worst W/L record on the thread
3988 wins and 1417 loses
maybe I play too much smash ;v;
It's ok Milo, I play too much Smash too
Wii U version:
1959 wins, 1536 losses

3DS version:
1487 wins, 960 losses

5942 matches total on just FG between both versions

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
And how adorable~
I don't know since I don't know any of the child units due to e trying to avoid spoilers

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I don't know since I don't know any of the child units due to e trying to avoid spoilers

The only thing you need to know about the child units right now is that method of their induction in these games is a really, really stupid one.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only thing you need to know about the child units right now is that their induction in these games is a really, really stupid one.
Child units I hope do not return for the next game.

Honestly the same with marriage but they both totally will return.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
And how adorable~
Probably this precious cinnamon bun.

Sophie definitely takes the cake, but Ophelia, Kinu, and Lutz are all very close runner ups.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Child units I hope do not return for the next game.

Honestly the same with marriage but they both totally will return.
You misread what I said (should've clarified, sorry.), what I meant was that the method they chose to bring the Fates kids into the plot of both Fates games was a stupid one.

Personally, I'm for the marriage and child features in the games, I just wish they were/are executed better.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ya hit the nail right on the head. It also involves spacey wacey stuff as well.
Great......

Seriously, it's kind of obvious time travel had to be involved for it to work. Especially since my Timey Wimey detector was going of the charts.

Now it feels kind of force. Honestly, I kind of hope in the next game they keep marriages but get rid of children unless it is plot related like in Awakening.

Top Bottom