• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What makes me sad about the Direct is that I'll be at work during the time it broadcasts, so everything will be all over the Internet by the time I get off.

Also, we won't see Iwata running the show anymore.
And I'll be in my last hour of school during that time...life sucks

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I forgot how much fun F-Zero is when you play it with other people. I had more fun with GX than I've had with Mario Kart recently. Maybe it's the faster speed, or the fact that you can ram the others off the road. It could be the incredibly increased challenge, or it could be much larger racer count.

I went back to see if I could beat one of the cups on Master again. Needless to say that was short lived since I've been pretty rusty, nor do I know how to do any of the advanced techs outside of Snaking and even then...

Man I want a new F-Zero, even if it's on the 3DS ;-;

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I forgot how much fun F-Zero is when you play it with other people. I had more fun with GX than I've had with Mario Kart recently. Maybe it's the faster speed, or the fact that you can ram the others off the road. It could be the incredibly increased challenge, or it could be much larger racer count.

I went back to see if I could beat one of the cups on Master again. Needless to say that was short lived since I've been pretty rusty, nor do I know how to do any of the advanced techs outside of Snaking and even then...

Another time...or another day?

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Didn't know this was possible.

I don't even know how I even beat some of those cups on Master.... Just recently got into using some of the techs, but I'm far from being a pro at it...
So much yes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Recently, I've started playing Final Fantasy VI on my Wii.
So far, the game is pretty damn good and I am really enjoying it. I'm about 10 hours into the game and some of them involved grinding for money.

This is pretty late but I found this pretty funny

Perfectly describes how sudden the shift is.
Poor Thanksgiving.

I haven't played F-Zero X in a long time. I tried to do the final cup on the Intermediate difficulty (err, I forgot the official name) and it was hard... I still haven't been able to do it.

I kinda want to play F-Zero GX at some point, but that game looks brutal... especially the story mode. (though, it would be worth it for the credits music)

Nah

Smash Champion
Anyone here playing Fallout 4 besides me?
I would play it, but I don't have a PS4 or an Xbone, and I'm almost certain my computer can't really handle it (I don't really like playing with a mouse+keyboard anyway).

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Anyone here playing Fallout 4 besides me?
I might later. My brother is planning on getting it I think soon so I can play it then. I won't be getting it for myself because I know where to find Xenoblade for 60 bucks and I might get that instead.
I'm waiting for a price drop and updates to kick in before I do.
And also for this reason. On the bright side, we're getting backwards compatability for the Xbone so I can play Fallout 3 tomorrow. :)
I'm surprised we didn't get a new game yet. "Not a popular enough franchise" be damned, I want a new F-Zero!

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Recently, I've started playing Final Fantasy VI on my Wii.
So far, the game is pretty damn good and I am really enjoying it. I'm about 10 hours into the game and some of them involved grinding for money.
VI probably has the biggest overall cast of party members in the main series with 14 recruit-able people you can use the whole game (If it's you're first time playing you'll probably only realistically get 11 since 3 are hard to get without a walkthrough or other people's help) so there's gonna be a lot more grinding! There is also a bit of a difficulty spike halfway through the game, so be ready for that! It really unmotivated me when I first played the game :[

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I might later. My brother is planning on getting it I think soon so I can play it then. I won't be getting it for myself because I know where to find Xenoblade for 60 bucks and I might get that instead.

And also for this reason. On the bright side, we're getting backwards compatability for the Xbone so I can play Fallout 3 tomorrow.
I won't lie, the game looks fun, but I'm extremely wary of buying Bethesda games right on release.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
VI probably has the biggest overall cast of party members in the main series with 14 recruit-able people you can use the whole game (If it's you're first time playing you'll probably only realistically get 11 since 3 are hard to get without a walkthrough or other people's help) so there's gonna be a lot more grinding! There is also a bit of a difficulty spike halfway through the game, so be ready for that! It really unmotivated me when I first played the game :[
Aye, I can vouch for this. I did manage to recruit Gogo and Shadow, but man, I think only 1/3 of my characters are leveled enough. Not to mention how much of a pain it is to grind and teach everyone Ultima, especially since only one can train to learn it at a time.
I beat most of the dungeons after the difficulty spike (such a cruel spike...), except Kefka's Castle. Having to split into three teams just doesn't work with how few characters I can really use right now... Especially when you don't have enough Ribbons for everyone yet, or Celestriads. Stealing from those dinosaurs is so $%^^ tough...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Does anyone know how Fates, or more appropriately, If, is doing in Japan?

Both Critically and Commercially?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to stick with a few characters in the game instead of level grinding everyone. I'll have to bench a few, mainly ones that I won't bother using or have some gimmick that I am not a fan of (such as Gau, who requires a bit too much of my patience to really make him good).
...I'm not looking forward to the difficulty spike.

This was released today too
Bless Pheonix Wright in this
Pretty cool... though I wish Shulk was in the game.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I'm going to stick with a few characters in the game instead of level grinding everyone. I'll have to bench a few, mainly ones that I won't bother using or have some gimmick that I am not a fan of (such as Gau, who requires a bit too much of my patience to really make him good).
...I'm not looking forward to the difficulty spike.

Pretty cool... though I wish Shulk was in the game.
A bit of a spoiler, but also a warning
DON'T DO THAT.I'm not sure which version you're playing, I know one of the remakes of the game gives EXP to everyone, but also one version that doesn't do that. Basically though, later in the game you'll be forced to use more than 4 people. You'll have to control two parties at the same time, that's 8 people. And then final dungeon requires you to use 3 groups, which is 12 (or one group of three if you couldn't track down one of the optional party members) There's lots of optional 2 party dungeons as well that give you lots of goodies and powerful spells.
DON'T
NEGLECT
ANYONE
Make sure everyone is leveling up and learning spells.
Also remember that besides everyone's little command gimmick (Edgar's tools, Sabin's blitz, Locke's steal/mug, etc) everyone has pretty well balanced stats wise and can be very expandable on what they do in battle.
tl;dr FF6 probably has the most grinding out of any FF game
EXP, AP and money wise

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
OH MY GODS. THE NINTENDO DIRECT IS TODAY! YES! YAASSSSS! GODS, I AM SO HYP-

Oh wait,

I forget it its on the 12th.

North America time

Which is the 13th for me.

Argh, why must I have to wait?!

In other news, Dancing Robins

Some Chron and Lucina in PXZ2, featuring Tiki, Valkerie, Yuri and Flynn!
This was released today too
Bless Pheonix Wright in this
What is this game?

:135:

Nah

Smash Champion
**** YEAH

The RNG finally blessed me and let me beat Chapter 2 on Lunatic. Still even have 2 uses of Frederick's Silver Lance left and he's got Luna now.

Now I just have to suffer through Chapters 3 and 4 and then I'm home free!

Top Bottom