• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
For some reason that Link waving reminds me of the beginning of this video
I don't know why it specifically reminds me of that, but it just does.
Edit:Claimed a page.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
if daein arise didn't exist i would put new mystery's chapter 3 "abducted princess" as my least favorite chapter. I manages to ignore good map building 101 by giving you 5+ turns of doing nothing

Rukia

Enamored
Hey, dear. :happysheep:
Had some irl troubles to care for. Hopefully now I should have more time.

I see you are pranked, too. PRANKED LEGION:bluejump:

Hmm.
I'll be 20 soon, but I haven't even thought about learning how to drive.
There are a bunch of public transportation where I live that I just don't feel the need.
With accessible public transportation, you don't need to drive unless you want to. Saves a lot of money honestly. Getting a license usually means getting a car, and getting a car means filling it up with gas, and getting gas is just too expensive, especially when in America they fluctuate high and low. I wish I had public transportation where I lived.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
My cousins started driving at 16 and got a car for their 16th birthday. Kinda jealous about that.

I hate not driving. I hate asking my family for rides. I'll have much more freedom if I had a car.
I don't enjoy driving as much as most people do, but being able to drive yourself and the freedom that comes with it is great.

Seeing a friend of mine having to rely on rides to leave during my senior year of high school while I was able to just go into my car and leave without restrictions felt great.
Hopefully you'll get that same freedom at some point too.:cheep:
Having ADHD and going to college in middle of nowhere, Vermont tends to dissuade one from wanting to drive.

I wish I could just bike around places but owell
Being able to drive is heavily encouraged out where I live mostly because everything is so far away but it is possible to get away with it if you leech or have people that are kind enough to drive you places.

Biking is an option if you live close enough to major areas, but the terrain is not very bike friendly which makes it hard.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Being able to drive is heavily encouraged out where I live mostly because everything is so far away but it is possible to get away with it if you leech or have people that are kind enough to drive you places.

Biking is an option if you live close enough to major areas, but the terrain is not very bike friendly which makes it hard.
In a perfect world is be able to live in NYC/ other big metro area and fully use public transport.

Last edited:

Rukia

Enamored
Being able to drive is heavily encouraged out where I live
I think driving in general should be encouraged. I mean, I got my permit not too long ago, and being on the road is not as bad as it may seem for others. So I believe having a license (even if you may not drive a lot) is a good thing. It's useful at times.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Where I'm from in the middle of nowhere, lots of people (myself included) started out on the provisional tractor licence at 16 (since you can't get a car licence until 17). Then once you turn 17, you apply to have the car added on, in time to sit the actual driving test. I did my test at 18 (since I got in a few actual lessons first), passed at the first go, and have been driving since then.
Of course if you live in a city with lots of buses and trams and such you can just use them, but being able to drive by yourself is still a very useful skill to have, and looks good on your CV like lots of other stuff.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I was lazy in getting my driver license. I never got it until I was 18 in the Summer 2014. Even after getting it, I never went out driving on my own until my first day of college.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I have a permit but I simply do not have the resources to get the training necessary to drive a car

in other new in new mystery I recruited Matthis and he got two levels in speed. I might just make a horse and mages run of new Mystery

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
-Almost done with chapter 12
-Random raven comes up to Ilyana with 30% chance of hitting
-Ilyana misses, raven hit both times
-Ilyana died
-Finger and reset button get reacquainted
There was literally only one enemy left, and that was it.

Anyway, driving scares me. The pedals and wheel are too sensitive...

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I don't have a license, nor a car, so I usually get a ride from either my friends or my family. My primary reason for not driving is that I stress out when behind the wheel; I always worry about hitting or getting hit by somebody else. On the plus side, I don't have to pay for anything car related! I do try to pay gas whenever a friend drives me around as a way to owe them back. Public transportation has come into mind numerous times; I just need to get onto that.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
-Almost done with chapter 12
-Random raven comes up to Ilyana with 30% chance of hitting
-Ilyana misses, raven hit both times
-Ilyana died
-Finger and reset button get reacquainted
There was literally only one enemy left, and that was it.
I've always felt that PoR and RD have RNGs that personally hate me. I can impossi-crit my way through every game, except those two; they hax me instead.

Also, that feel when you 2-stock a Capt. on FG, even when they're doing their best.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well today I learned that a portion of the people here don't have a driver's liscence despite being over 16.

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
I've never actually tried to get a driver's licence let alone a permit, due to the fact that it takes me a minute or longer to think about what I'm going to say or what I am going to do which may result in slow reaction time during the times where you need to react fast when out on the road.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I can't drive, but my brother, who's two years my junior, has been behind the wheel for about a year now.

It isn't that I don't want to be able to drive, it's more so a matter of circumstance. First time we did the theory test, we both failed. Next time, he passed and I failed. My grandparents paid for my brother's driving lessons, not an inexpensive ordeal. I decided that, rather than drain even more of the family's funds and hog my grandfather's time when he could be teaching my brother, I'd let my brother do it first and then get a license in my own time. It's something I want to do, but not right now. It isn't a high priority for me.

The fact that my brother moves quite a bit, whereas I'm content to walk or take the bus if I need to go somewhere, is a factor. He needs the freedom to get up and go more than I do.

EDIT: I hate to say this, but OCD makes it difficult too. I can't concentrate on important things like not knocking people over when I'm trying to satisfy my mental ticks.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I must be in the minority of those with/without licences here but to be fair, I didn't get my licence until May of this year.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
For me it doesn't matter which FE I'm playing; I'm gonna get RNG screwed anyway.
Me whenever I FE:
40% isn't favorable odds tho... (Except to us, durr hurr hurr)

Not only do I have a driver's license as a sophomore in college, I drive stick-shift. YEAHHHHHH

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For some reason that Link waving reminds me of the beginning of this video
I don't know why it specifically reminds me of that, but it just does.
Edit:Claimed a page.
Well, maybe cause that's where that wave is from. :laugh:
It's the Hello! Emote from Triforce Heroes just without the Hello!

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Don't you live in Hawaii, aka "LOLYOUGOTTADRIVEEVERYWHERE" the state?
Hmm, seems like you're familiar with Hawaii. **nudge nudge, wink wink**

Ironically, most people living in any of the major towns/cities complain if they have to drive to one of the other places of interest. Seriously, half of them won't drive 90 miles even for a Smash tournament that promises to have at least 32 entrants... While there are people on the mainland who drive 6 hours just to see a football game. -_-"

So yup, I drive stick for 1:45 hour in the morning, then again in the evening to get to college and back, twice a week.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Driving license discussion? Don't see that everyday.
I'm pretty much on the verge of acquiring my own, I just need my own car to practice on a little more before I feel confident enough to tackle the test at long last. Got a permit over a year ago, and tried to learn stick but failed miserably lol. No matter, automatic works better for me :p

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Hmm, seems like you're familiar with Hawaii. **nudge nudge, wink wink**

Ironically, most people living in any of the major towns/cities complain if they have to drive to one of the other places of interest. Seriously, half of them won't drive 90 miles even for a Smash tournament that promises to have at least 32 entrants... While there are people on the mainland who drive 6 hours just to see a football game. -_-"

So yup, I drive stick for 1:45 hour in the morning, then again in the evening to get to college and back, twice a week.
My sister is teaching in Hawaii so I've been to Oahu twice for vacation.

Morning drives on Nimitz are pain.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
For me it doesn't matter which FE I'm playing; I'm gonna get RNG screwed anyway.
Me whenever I FE:
dude It's not as bad as what happened to me.

In New Mystery Matthis got critted at two percent. I reset, and then a different mook Critted Matthis...both at 2%

speaking of new mystery I never knew how much of a precious cinnamon roll Wrys is
Moydow Moydow should I bother with Yubello?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey, dear. :happysheep:
Had some irl troubles to care for. Hopefully now I should have more time.

I see you are pranked, too. PRANKED LEGION:bluejump:

Hmm.
I'll be 20 soon, but I haven't even thought about learning how to drive.
There are a bunch of public transportation where I live that I just don't feel the need.
Cool. You're one of may favourite users to talk to (at least with the female group :3 )

Yeah, I've been pranked. I still do't know who did it.

Hemfortable

Whoa, really? That's old. Actually, not really.

Heh, I know the feel. I have my just got me drivers licence, yet I am very against driving. I just don't like it. It 's so weird and uncomfortable

Anyway, we should catch up in a convo again sometime and talk about stuff, like shipping, smash etc

Heh, I wonder if I should get Triforce Heros.

:135:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
My sister is teaching in Hawaii so I've been to Oahu twice for vacation.

Morning drives on Nimitz are pain.
Yeah, thankfully I'm on the Big Island, so Nimitz is a distant dream for me, though highway traffic is annoying regardless.

Is Wrys really such a big thing in FE? I always ended up ditching him as soon as I got Lena...

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
At least Oahu gets cute tourists.

Like me
Oahu gets the cute tourists... Hawaii gets the cute transfer students. :colorful:

Man, MH4U is great on the N3DS XL... Motivated me to go solo a G-Rank Stygian Zinogre with my new Kirin Dual Blades. Also, halp, I'm gonna suicide-mission and take on Savage Deviljho alone. :lick:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Yeah...I was driving for the past 4 years with only a permit. Just never really had an incentive to go take my driver's test since I was usually with someone who did and I didn't own a car yet.
2015 and I'm finally street legal for real. :p (So late, but whatever)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cool. You're one of may favourite users to talk to (at least with the female group :3 )

Yeah, I've been pranked. I still do't know who did it.

Hemfortable

Whoa, really? That's old. Actually, not really.

Heh, I know the feel. I have my just got me drivers licence, yet I am very against driving. I just don't like it. It 's so weird and uncomfortable

Anyway, we should catch up in a convo again sometime and talk about stuff, like shipping, smash etc

Heh, I wonder if I should get Triforce Heros.

:135:
Hyrule Warriors Legends aswell

CoolSkeleton95

Smash Rookie

How my Birthday basically went.

I got a beer boot from my female freind and proceeeded to use it 3-4 times.

Needless to say I woke up without pants.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I've been a licensed driver for 6 years now, and I absolutely love it!

Mostly for the feeling of

at being able to drive myself wherever I want whenever I want! Though I can completely understand all the reasons for not owning a car/getting a drivers license. The expenses are definitely a big deterrent.

Top Bottom