• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How exactly do I get better at Smash in general? Also Kill la Kill is awesome.
Play with people better than you so that you can start adapting, and watch as much Smash videos as you can handle.

On other news...SMASH FIGHTER BALLOT ALMOST HERE TO DIE! VIRIDI WOLF SHANTAE 8-PIT SHADOW PACGIRL GOKU SHREK THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES HECK EVEN THE FREAKING BATMAN HAS A CHANCE...I need to stop abusing the power of the internet

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thing is playing people better than me makes me want to put the controller down then saw my thumbs off.
If Lucas can handle his mom and brother dying and smile in Smash 4, then you can handle getting rekt'd by good players...like ZeRo.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
How exactly do I get better at Smash in general? Also Kill la Kill is awesome.
First, pick a character that suits your style. Do favor slow, heavy characters that punish other players hard when they make a mistake or do you prefer rush down characters, getting as much damage in as you can as quick as possible, and so on and so forth. I suggest you play them all and see what clicks for you.

Next, when you have picked a character, study all of their moves, their advantages and disadvantages, and how the character battles with other characters. The character boards here will give you more details and the users here will be more than happy to help you out. Also, watch videos on a character to see how others use them.

Next, PRACTICE! Battle anyone whenever you can. The more you battle, the better you will get. Battle any one of us here and we will be more than happy to help you practice. We will even give you feedback and advice if you ask.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I was told Kill La Kill was good. Is it by any chance?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
If you're okay with watching fanservice and MANservice. Then go ahead and watch it. If not, then don't watch it. Its overall a pretty good anime. It has a similar charm that Gurren Lagann has.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
...Huh. I just realized I might have played Marth dittos with PewpewU in Sm4sh at a small tournament thing at my school. Seriously, the entire time I was wondering why he looked so much like him...

Matsushi

True Blood
I'm going to Dat Blastzone 7, a big UK tournament where Mr. R and some other big names will be attending! Can't say I'm not nervous since it's my first offline tourney, but I'm also very excited! I'll be representing :4marth: and :4robinm:~

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm going to Dat Blastzone 7, a big UK tournament where Mr. R and some other big names will be attending! Can't say I'm not nervous since it's my first offline tourney, but I'm also very excited! I'll be representing :4marth: and :4robinm:~
Good luck, Sushi!

Hello, everyone. @Kotor and Yaki Yaki convinced me to sign up to Smashboards, so that i can get better at playing it. I suck.
Hello, welcome to the RST!
Initiation time

Good luck Matsu!~

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You can do it, Mattey Road! Kick 'em in the shins and take their money!

my poor mario amiibo ;;;
Did you take a blowtorch to it or something?

Somebody needs to get Doc in here, stat!

Nah

Smash Champion
why didn't I get any notifications for stuff smashboards wtf

Nudisto Shiza Nudisto Shiza the key thing is to play people better than you....but then get advice from them immediately afterwards. For some people just simply playing good players (and then watching the replays) works for them, but for me that almost never does and I find it more helpful to play people and then have them give me pointers.

Going to the boards of the characters you play and asking questions can help too.

Nah

Smash Champion
ok good I got a notification again

Nah Nah , do you fancy a few games?

I've wanted to play you for some time. :3
Oh, sure. I'll get on in a little bit. slightly surprised that people actually want to play me

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Good luck! If your nervous just think to yourself as a learning experience. Go in confident even if you dont make it far.... Watch people who play, don't be afraid to chat with others and study everything. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Good luck man! If your nervous just think to yourself as a learning experience. Go in confident even if you dont make it far.... Watch people who play, don't be afraid to chat with others and study everything. I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Matsushi isn't a man, dear~ ;3

#NONMALEBOYZ

ok good I got a notification again

Oh, sure. I'll get on in a little bit. slightly surprised that people actually want to play me
I want to see how you've improved since we last scrapped.

So I can give you feedback and I can get feedback in return. :3

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I'm probably really late to the (again) but I just learned there are now For Glory Battefielld tournaments now which, as a Robin main, makes me incredibly happy. Just played a small FG BF tourney (8 ppl wut?) and won, beating out another Robin, Diddy, and Metaknight. And they were all good too, so it was quite fun.

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
First, pick a character that suits your style. Do favor slow, heavy characters that punish other players hard when they make a mistake or do you prefer rush down characters, getting as much damage in as you can as quick as possible, and so on and so forth. I suggest you play them all and see what clicks for you.

Next, when you have picked a character, study all of their moves, their advantages and disadvantages, and how the character battles with other characters. The character boards here will give you more details and the users here will be more than happy to help you out. Also, watch videos on a character to see how others use them.

Next, PRACTICE! Battle anyone whenever you can. The more you battle, the better you will get. Battle any one of us here and we will be more than happy to help you practice. We will even give you feedback and advice if you ask.

Hope this helps.

With this new shield stun changes rushdown may just be the optimal way to go now.
Nudisto Shiza Nudisto Shiza basically go Sheik and don't look back. ;)

Nah

Smash Champion
yay finally got to see a RST person play on stream

Matsushi is good

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
yay finally got to see a RST person play on stream

Matsushi is good
Yeah, her fundamentals are very solid. I'm happy to admit that she was the one who eliminated me in the previous SoS tournament.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel and DC are both being confusing right now in the comic book world

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Late update (I crashed as soon as we got back) but I've drowned in pools.

Made it all the way to the last match to get out before losing, so I'm still overall content with how I did. Small amount of salt vs the guy I lost to in winner's, gonna see if I can find him and do a MM. Or just generally do a lot of MMs today too.

Found Raziek yesterday but still need to find the other Robins :0

Top Bottom