• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think we'll even know the results of the ballot on October 3rd.

We're gonna have to wait.

It's gonna be interesting.

Oy vey.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Part 1 of RD's done, yay. Spent time grinding Tormod since he won't be available to much later and I love routing 4-4 with him, so now he's an Arch Sage. Then I spend the endgame raising Ilyana up, and she's now a Level 16 Thunder Sage. And she capped Strength and Defense again, obvs.

Currently in Part 2, Chapter 4. No one's hitting the Royal Knights and its hilarious.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just remembered that I made this thing a while back because FE:A was the first thing I thought of when I saw this QTE/Button Prompt:
Even the Odds.jpg

Dem MS Paint skillz yo

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Turns out I'm the only one who doesn't like Viridi very much.
I mean as far as video game characters goes, she's fine, but this KIU where everyone is a well written character so she's comparatively not that good.
My biggest gripe about her is that she really doesn't grow as a character. She appears bringing some big questions about humanity (why should humans be allowed to harm nature without repercussion? What makes fighting humans so different from killing monsters ect.) but those are answered so weakly that it's just sad. Not only that but her arrogance and willful ignorance is so frustrating. She refuses to accept that she is, even in the smallest of way, responsible for some of the terrible things that are happening to her world. I want to reiterate that I don't hate Viridi, in fact she amazing when she's being used properly (i.e as a foil to Palutena) the whole Chaos Kin arc was made infinitely better because she was there and Palutena's Guidance is more hilarious with her around but to be honest I mostly remember her for the serious moral dilemmas she tried and failed miserably to get me to understand

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
KIU was intentionally written to resemble Saturday Morning cartoons. The attempts at character development and cohesive plot were gonna be **** anyway.

Nah

Smash Champion
I can already imagine the possible absolute rages the announcement of the ballot character will bring....

Part 1 of RD's done, yay. Spent time grinding Tormod since he won't be available to much later and I love routing 4-4 with him, so now he's an Arch Sage. Then I spend the endgame raising Ilyana up, and she's now a Level 16 Thunder Sage. And she capped Strength and Defense again, obvs.

Currently in Part 2, Chapter 4. No one's hitting the Royal Knights and its hilarious.
How do you even grind in Radiant Dawn?

edit: oh hey i claimed a page lol

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
KIU was intentionally written to resemble Saturday Morning cartoons. The attempts at character development and cohesive plot were gonna be **** anyway.
Speaking of which... RIP Saturday Morning cartoon blocks... Was Vortexx the last of its kind?

View attachment 74959
About bloody time

seriously what genius decided Roy shouldn't promote until four chapters before the end of the game
This drove me crazy.

Sucks that I gave up on this game at the chapter right before he finally gets promoted. :urg:

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Was just playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for the first time, and lost the girl with dark magic. Gods, her death quote hit me in the feels:

"I... don't want to die..."

So simple, but so effective. In Awakening, Libra's special death quote got me too.

No-! Oh Gods. Finish what I have started... Save... her..."

Robin's does too, especially in crucial moments like the final stage. Anyone else remember some notable death-quotes? A lot of them are genuinly sad from the looks of it :(

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Was just playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for the first time, and lost the girl with dark magic. Gods, her death quote hit me in the feels:

So simple, but so effective. In Awakening, Libra's special death quote got me too.

Robin's does too, especially in crucial moments like the final stage. Anyone else remember some notable death-quotes? A lot of them are genuinly sad from the looks of it :(
Sacred Stones is the most grim of the pre-Awakening games, I'd say. I actually stopped playing it in the middle during my first time because everything in the game was so dark and gloomy.

:231:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

Oscar: These enemies... They're too powerful... Help me... Boyd... R-Rolf...
Boyd: No! I'm... This isn't... Big brother... Rolf... I'm...so sorry...
Rolf: ...So this is what fate...had in store for me... I'm so cold... I still had...a lot...to learn. Oscar... B-Boyd... Shinon...

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Oscar: These enemies... They're too powerful... Help me... Boyd... R-Rolf...
Boyd: No! I'm... This isn't... Big brother... Rolf... I'm...so sorry...
Rolf: ...So this is what fate...had in store for me... I'm so cold... I still had...a lot...to learn. Oscar... B-Boyd... Shinon...
Woah, someone saying "Help me" in their death quote. Pretty dark for Nintendo. :o

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

Well, it's one of FE most interesting trait, imo.
In most tactical games in which perma death is a thing, you won't care if you lose some units because it's easy to replace them, considering the only units you can actually lose in these games are generic ones.
In FE not only it's difficult to replace units in general, you also get to know each character rather well in the supports. It makes them unique (the fact that everyone gets a unique portrait helps too), which makes seeing them die because of bad planning painful. These units aren't expendable like in most games.

Either way, the death that got me the most was Neimi's.

“You were right, Colm... I am a klutz. Sorry...”

:sadsheep:

I can already imagine the possible absolute rages the announcement of the ballot character will bring....

edit: oh hey i claimed a page lol
By doing a bunch of 'tricks'.
You gain exp by hitting stuff, so you can for example pick an unit that can't one hit KO another and let enemy's priests heal. Needs some planning though.
I remember that I grinded Fiona via a statue trick on one of the last maps.
There's a bunch of maps in which the enemy has a lot of reinforcements. Careful planning on who gets the hits/kills can help on that.

A lot of those need careful planning, a bunch of weapons and time, though.
I remember I spend more than 100 turns to grind Fiona gg.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
“I don't care if I die out... But please...not the others...” - Yarne, Future Past 2

Oof.

Priest Abuse. A lot of Priest Abuse.

1-4 is a treasure trove of Experience as well if you take full advantage of the Healing Jars.

Elezir

Don't ask.
Curiosity killed the cat.

There's a reason I stopped giving late newcomers a chance after this fiasco.

Honestly, she wasn't terrible by endgame, but nothing that excused the pain I went through to make her useful.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Fiona and Meg were the only two units pre-Awakening that capped all of their stats for me. All of them.

Don't underestimate the loads. :V

Elezir

Fiona and Meg were the only two units pre-Awakening that capped all of their stats for me. All of them.

Don't underestimate the loads. :V
:sadsheep:
Of course.
That's because the RNGesus loves you.
Apparently, I have no such luck.

Where's @Weeman?
I may be doing that sacrifice after all.

Last edited:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215

Death quotes have to be like this. They should make you restart even the harder of the chapters just to save an unit.
“After all... the only true prediction I made was this one. I'm sorry, Marcia... I was...a poor...brother...”
—Makalov's death quote in Path of Radiance.
“I knew this would be how...the dice would fall... Forgive me, Marcia... I'm...such a bad...brother...”
—Makalov's death quote in Radiant Dawn.
“Ike, I am sorry. I can fight no more. To Gallia... Must return...”
—Mordecai's death quote in Path of Radiance.
“The world... It grows... so...dark...”
—Nephenee's death quote in Path of Radiance.
“...It's darker than a prairie night... Why can't I...see...anything...?
—Nephenee's death quote in Radiant Dawn.
These hurt my poor little heart... :(

Elezir Elezir Rule n 1 of the church of RNGesus: RNGesus loves everyone... but you.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
You just don't understand the true potential of my abilities, i can name 657 Sonic OCs an hour!
And since you, my own family, have summoned my wrath, i shall expose you to the horrors of the demonic compendium i've written...
THE SONETIA!
Soniku the martial artist Hedgehog.
Dopplerganger the Porcupine.
Nudillos la enchilada.
Weehog the Hedgeman
Razik the Modhog
False the Sensehog of clarividence
Kenith the gathering dolphin... hog
ThunderSageNun ThunderSageNun the spiky rodent of wisdom
Célja Célja el erizo maligno
Hong Hong the Disco HedgeHong
Wintropy Wintropy the Windows 10 support department managerhog
LIQUID12A the Hedgehog hunter Hedgehog
Moydow Moydow el puercoespín de los espiritus libres
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Today I reveal what is in this chest.

No sacred relic or treasure. Nothing of a day long ago. No riches, no coin.

Rather, within this chest is something else... @Weeman's innocence. Forseeing the corruption of @Weeman in prophecy, I have seen to securing @Weeman's innocence in its most purest form. To open this chest would envelop the world in a blinding light, most beautiful and pure... luminescence beyond your wildest dreams.

I will see that this is planted in a sacred grove, uncontaminated by sin. Over time, it will grow. Grow into a tree that will reach the highest heavens and pierce the pall of shadow that will one day swallow this world whole. There is no hope for @Weeman now. Every time he is sent to the shadow realm he only returns, stronger than what we could have ever imagined. If I cannot see to today, I can see to tomorrow... And should I fall, ThunderSageNun ThunderSageNun will see my mission's success.

Nah

Smash Champion
It's kinda sad how bad Fiona is really. Dawn Brigade desperately needs good units (or good units that don't require a lot of time and effort to be good anyway) and then they just drop this awful unit on you somewhat late in Part 1....

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
You just don't understand the true potential of my abilities, i can name 657 Sonic OCs an hour!
And since you, my own family, have summoned my wrath, i shall expose you to the horrors of the demonic compendium i've written...
THE SONETIA!
Nudillos la enchilada.
Weehog the Hedgeman
Razik the Modhog
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I have no idea what mine says c:

*One Google search later*

I'm okay with this.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Was expecting an Ilyana quote, tbph. :V
*inb4 but it was me Oliver or something of the sort*
I was gonna put that as a serious answer, but then I read both of her death quotes...The one in RD kinda has a morbid sense of humor to it, and then in PoR she just says "Ah..."

Today I reveal what is in this chest.

No sacred relic or treasure. Nothing of a day long ago. No riches, no coin.

Rather, within this chest is something else... @Weeman's innocence. Forseeing the corruption of @Weeman in prophecy, I have seen to securing @Weeman's innocence in its most purest form. To open this chest would envelop the world in a blinding light, most beautiful and pure... luminescence beyond your wildest dreams.

I will see that this is planted in a sacred grove, uncontaminated by sin. Over time, it will grow. Grow into a tree that will reach the highest heavens and pierce the pall of shadow that will one day swallow this world whole. There is no hope for @Weeman now. Every time he is sent to the shadow realm he only returns, stronger than what we could have ever imagined. If I cannot see to today, I can see to tomorrow... And should I fall, ThunderSageNun ThunderSageNun will see my mission's success.
I'll carry on your will master.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
THE SONETIA!
Nudillos la enchilada.
Weehog the Hedgeman
Razik the Modhog
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I am not included on this list.

Carry on, mateys.

In other news, the new Master of Orion will be going out for Preorder soon. That means that it's coming out soon. No, I'm not preordering it, but I am still cautiously looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom